Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? (827 Views)

Another Millions Of Rotten And Decay Naira Notes Discovered In A Private Home / Otedola Flies Solo On A Private Jet (Photos, Video) / Nigeria Will Soon Create Digital Currency — CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? by Childofthelord(f): 7:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
Last week my church friends and I visited an acquittance in Victoria, It was my first time taking a ferry and I loved the fact that we could travel with our car parked in the ferry. It felt really cool because we did not have to sit for hours on a road trip and we got to watch movies, have fun and enjoy the sea. We arrived the sea port and drove off in our car.

So yesterday, I had a discussion with a friend and we talked about this same sea transport can be implemented in Nigeria.
He slipped the idea of a private ferry company that runs fast boats across Lagos coastlines and ferries that will accommodate cars as well. I loved the idea but I believe a lot of research needs to be done to determine the exact focus of such start-up. Uber boats and Lagos ferries seem to be doing the people transportation. But the idea of bringing your car along was pretty new.
I think the sea transportation sector(to commute people +their cars interstate) is untapped and there are many opportunities here.
We are about to start working on it and I will update you as we do some research.

What do you guys think?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? by OlayemiAshraf(m): 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2021
I think this would be awesome shocked

2 Likes

Re: A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? by Yeyeboi05(m): 7:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sure

1 Like

Re: A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? by icon02(m): 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2021
Its very do able. I think it'll be a nice idea. It'll make inter state movements faster. Say from Lagos to iron or port Harcourt by sea wouldn't take as long as it would take by road.

1 Like

Re: A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? by mayberry1(f): 8:13pm On Apr 03, 2021
It's achievable but one of the cons is : you may be easily attacked by sea pirates(those guys are usually deadly when they want to strike).

2 Likes

Re: A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? by carbonado(m): 11:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
Childofthelord:
Last week my church friends and I visited an acquittance in Victoria, It was my first time taking a ferry and I loved the fact that we could travel with our car parked in the ferry. It felt really cool because we did not have to sit for hours on a road trip and we got to watch movies, have fun and enjoy the sea. We arrived the sea port and drove off in our car.

So yesterday, I had a discussion with a friend and we talked about this same sea transport can be implemented in Nigeria.
He slipped the idea of a private ferry company that runs fast boats across Lagos coastlines and ferries that will accommodate cars as well. I loved the idea but I believe a lot of research needs to be done to determine the exact focus of such start-up. Uber boats and Lagos ferries seem to be doing the people transportation. But the idea of bringing your car along was pretty new.
I think the sea transportation sector(to commute people +their cars interstate) is untapped and there are many opportunities here.
We are about to start working on it and I will update you as we do some research.

What do you guys think?
... Nice idea, however, i do not think there is any statistics of such out there as regards Nigeria, which means you might have to do a market research on the project. My opinion is that such research should find out about the infrastructure needed for the cars to be able to move from land unto the ferry. How much should the optimum prices be for each person to pay. How much are the customers willing to pay. What time of the day are the high season... E. T. C... I wish you well, if u decide to go in this direction. However, another thing to worry about is the government with funny laws.

1 Like

Re: A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? by AlphaSoul: 9:17pm On Jul 02, 2021
Childofthelord:

What do you guys think?

This would be profitable and
awesome in the Lagos waterways (Ikorodu to V/Island), etc, but could come under severe pirate attacks
in the PH to Bonny Island axis waterways like many others.
Re: A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? by AlloySteel: 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
Childofthelord:

What do you guys think?

Contact me via akoteyon.emmanuel@yahoo.com. Let's chat... I have same idea.
Re: A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? by miltonchux(m): 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2021
Instead of spending on this vogue idea, why not do west African countries and make more money. I am open to more discussion. Email:miltonojugbeli@gmail.com
Re: A Private Ferry Start-up In Nigeria. Will It Work? by omoISEYIN(m): 11:49am On Jul 05, 2021
For Lagos Water, ways is the new way. I move around alot and I can provide you with more information specifically Lagos.. This avenue is untapped

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Joinhub And Make Dollars In Bitcoin / How To Get A Freelance Jobs FAST In Nigeria / Fiverr Banned Me!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.