Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,178 members, 7,811,438 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Central Bank Of Nigeria (public Notice On Nospecto And Others) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Central Bank Of Nigeria (public Notice On Nospecto And Others) (2604 Views)

Federal Mortgage Bank Of Nigeria In Crisis Over Appointment Of Richard Esin As A / GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! / How The Central Bank Of Nigeria Controls The Activities Of Commercial Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Central Bank Of Nigeria (public Notice On Nospecto And Others) by Kukawa(m): 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2007
This is for the information of everyone.

CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA

Public Notice.

The attention of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has been drawn to the activities of some persons (individuals and members of the public under the guise of subscription to venture partnership arrangements with a promise to subscribers of sharing profits with owners of the company at mouth watering interest rates of up to for example =N=40,000.00 (or 8.8%) for =450,000.00 per month or other agreed periods.

The CBN is concerned about this worrisome development reminiscent of the past 'Umanah-Umanah ' scheme which masqueraded as wonder bank. Consequently, the CBN wishes to reiterate that only licensed banks, mortgage finance institutions and micro finance banks) are authorized to take deposits from the public while discount and finance houses are allowed to borrow from the public and pay interest through their money market products.

in view of the above, members of the public are advised to be wary of this kind of financial arrangement as anyone who subscribes to such scheme does so, at his/her own risk.

Furthermore, any bank which provides a vehicle for such fund mobilization should ensure that it does not breach the provisions of the know your customer (KYC) guidelines issued by CBN.

Source:
Financial Standard, Monday, July 9, 2007, page 45.
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria (public Notice On Nospecto And Others) by Kashif(m): 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2007
News?
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria (public Notice On Nospecto And Others) by egoldman(m): 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2007
Can we have source of this information please, i mean some link .
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria (public Notice On Nospecto And Others) by Kashif(m): 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2007
The source is there. The last line grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria (public Notice On Nospecto And Others) by egoldman(m): 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2007
Kashif:

The source is there. The last line grin grin grin grin grin grin

I need a link , i mean i need where to click and read it myself , got it ? cool
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria (public Notice On Nospecto And Others) by Kashif(m): 5:25pm On Jul 09, 2007
Link? scarce commodity!! It was in the papers 3 weeks ago. It is no longer news cool
Re: Central Bank Of Nigeria (public Notice On Nospecto And Others) by easimoni(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2007
Financial Standard has a very poor website and that story never made it there. It's not news (at least not "new" news), it's been on business day, Proshare and other good websites. It's also been addressed in the risky business section.

Bottom line is CBN is not taking action but is simply setting itself up to say "I told you so" if/when it all blows up.

(1) (Reply)

Start Exporting Garri, Ginger, Egusi, Ogbono, Cray Fish In A Small Scale Today / Learn Ways To Earn Bitcoin Money This Year, 2017 / What Does It Mean Transaction Not Permitted To Card Holder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.