Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,598 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! (9732 Views)

Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) / 12 Things You Need To Know About Bank Verification Number (BVN) / Customers Queue For Bank Verification Number (BVN) In Dutse (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by uchennaq(m): 11:39am On Jun 22, 2012
Fellow GTbank online internet users. Today I got a phishing mail which I believe originated from either a GTB worker or a anonymous hacker attempting to obtain various sensitive information of the targets GTB financial Institution. Been an old school when I saw the mail…I laughed. I knew that GTB will never send such mail. So am posting this to warn people, especially those using GTB internet banking to be careful and always report this kind of mail.

Read more
http://www.hintsonlinemagazine.com/guaranty-trust-bank-compulsory-verification-scam-alert-public-notice/

1 Like

Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by Aare1(m): 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2012
i got the email too just now. Bloody scammers.
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by Aare1(m): 12:47pm On Jun 22, 2012
this is the thread that is supposed to be on the front page cc @Moderator

BTW if u received the EMAIL and think it might be true....Take a look at the senders name, u wil realise that it is GTbank but when compared to other emails from the bank u will realise that those come from a sender named "infoupdate".

Gtbank never sends a mail and the sender is named GTbank.
You reply the email at your own risk. BEWARE!!!
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by denzel2009: 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2012
The idea of phishing emails is to get a few gullible ones. If 1m people are contacted and only 10 clicked on the link, then they have been successful. I'm very sure they would get more clicks and details to harvest.
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by Ibadiarann(m): 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2012
them no fit sell this time around..
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by jonzy1(m): 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2012
I've been getting the mail since with different subjects but I always know it's scam. Today I got two again tho in my spam. Guys beware o
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by Fhemmmy: 2:04pm On Jun 22, 2012
I get this on a daily basis . . . However, i know i have no account with the bank so why would i wanna click on their link . . Lol

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by inspirenet: 2:05pm On Jun 22, 2012
Ibadiarann: them no fit sell this time around..
wink
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by lilkech(m): 2:09pm On Jun 22, 2012
have you all noticed that its only GTB customers that get those sort of emails?

all my friends that use other various banks dont receive such emails from GTB. infact they also get phising emails BUT THE INTERESTING THING TO OBSERVE IS THAT IT IS FROM THEIR OWN RESPECTIVE BANKS.

i personally own a GTB account but have never ever received an email from any other bank except UBA (where i also have an account)

these things lead one to believe that all these our so called banks are selling their customers 'online' details to email marketing companies who in turn retail it to 9ja yahoo yahoo boiz

1 Like

Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by Fhemmmy: 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2012
^^^ I get the mail and yet have no account with them . . .
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by lilkech(m): 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2012
^^^

interesting. thats a first
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by senatorkenn: 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2012
Whenever i receive such mails either from GTBank or any other spam stuff, i laugh out loud cos I'm not a GTBank account holder & i don't do any online business. So hackers keep trying but don't send to people with brains like me. Sorry & try again cos its fun when I'm bored. Bastards
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by Niiade(m): 2:17pm On Jun 22, 2012
I GOT THE MAIL O READ N DIDNT THINK ABOUT IT TWICE, DUSTBIN STRAIGHT
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by Niiade(m): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
GTbank intops@gtbank.com
16 Jun (6 days ago)

to undisclosed recipients

Dear Valued customer,

UPGRADE TO THE LATEST EDITION

we are upgrading our internet banking services to the latest standard edition that includes higher security, instant payments to all banks and fastest fraud control security system. This is a total step up and maximum upgrade to our internet banking services ,this upgrade makes GTBank internet banking the best ,reliable and most secured in Nigeria in carrying out transaction processing. Click on www.gtbank.com/upgrade to upgrade your internet banking sessions now

This upgrade is highly recommended for all internet banking users, failure to upgrade now will result to blocking of your internet banking /account.

click here now for the upgrade.

GTBank is committed to protect the identity of it's internet banking users.

© 2012Guaranty Trust Bank.
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by MrHim(m): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2012
Peoples, you guys have to admit that the scammers are trying, the mail and the format is professionally done and all, i am....i am proud of them, somehow grin
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by Fhemmmy: 2:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
senatorkenn: Whenever i receive such mails either from GTBank or any other spam stuff, i laugh out loud cos I'm not a GTBank account holder & i don't do any online business. So hackers keep trying but don't send to people with brains like me. Sorry & try again cos its fun when I'm bored. Bastards

Lol . . .
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by Zulele: 2:29pm On Jun 22, 2012
I don't use their account yet I got the mail. Bloody Idaiots... The thing many people have already falling for it by now. A friend of mine I am with got it and she was very excited,I thought it was for real until I got the same mail and I told her that it's scam since I don't bank with them. She didn't believe me tho as she has gone ahead to provide har info for them... Shame it is
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by Funkymallam(m): 2:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
Its funny, i have been getting these mails for God knws hw long nw.

The funniest part is that it is always sent to my second email add not d one i used while opening the account.

#Ignoretins.
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by Funkymallam(m): 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
Zulele: I don't use their account yet I got the mail. Bloody Idaiots... The thing many people have already falling for it by now. A friend of mine I am with got it and she was very excited,I thought it was for real until I got the same mail and I told her that it's scam since I don't bank with them. She didn't believe me tho as she has gone ahead to provide har info for them... Shame it is

Its a real shame, so getting an ordinary email from her 'bank' excites her so much? Smh
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by meetgaya: 2:45pm On Jun 22, 2012
Aare 1: this is the thread that is supposed to be on the front page cc @Moderator

BTW if u received the EMAIL and think it might be true....Take a look at the senders name, u wil realise that it is GTbank but when compared to other emails from the bank u will realise that those come from a sender named "infoupdate".

Gtbank never sends a mail and the sender is named GTbank.
You reply the email at your own risk. BEWARE!!!
GBAM!! YOU SAID IT ALL.
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by meetgaya: 2:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
Niiade: GTbank intops@gtbank.com
16 Jun (6 days ago)

to undisclosed recipients

Dear Valued customer,

UPGRADE TO THE LATEST EDITION

we are upgrading our internet banking services to the latest standard edition that includes higher security, instant payments to all banks and fastest fraud control security system. This is a total step up and maximum upgrade to our internet banking services ,this upgrade makes GTBank internet banking the best ,reliable and most secured in Nigeria in carrying out transaction processing. Click on www.gtbank.com/upgrade to upgrade your internet banking sessions now

This upgrade is highly recommended for all internet banking users, failure to upgrade now will result to blocking of your internet banking /account.

click here now for the upgrade.

GTBank is committed to protect the identity of it's internet banking users.

© 2012Guaranty Trust Bank.

is not intops@gtbank.com or gtbank.com/upgrade it is all fake. it is "infoupdate".
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by begwong: 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2012
Mr. Him:
Peoples, you guys have to admit that the scammers are trying, the mail and the format is professionally done and all, i am....i am proud of them, somehow grin
Are u a pro hacker
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by kenraj(m): 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2012
Its the same mails i get everyday from the scammers, they even go to the length of scaring you that your account will be suspended if you dont update....They should go to hell for all i care! grin grin grin[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by valencia25(m): 3:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
lilkech: have you all noticed that its only GTB customers that get those sort of emails?

all my friends that use other various banks dont receive such emails from GTB. infact they also get phising emails BUT THE INTERESTING THING TO OBSERVE IS THAT IT IS FROM THEIR OWN RESPECTIVE BANKS.

i personally own a GTB account but have never ever received an email from any other bank except UBA (where i also have an account)

these things lead one to believe that all these our so called banks are selling their customers 'online' details to email marketing companies who in turn retail it to 9ja yahoo yahoo boiz

I bet u're damn right, have alwaz wonder sev
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by wonderz(m): 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
GT Bank needs to remove the banner from their front page. There are other ways to display a disclaimer. Very irritating when you attempt to open the website for transactions.
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by slimming: 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2012
Beware oo, those guys are not easily retreat from their evil business.
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by TonySpike: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2012
I got another phishing mail on Sunday from these GTB hackers. I posted the SCAM Alert on Monday too. GTB internet users should please read this thread for education too...

https://www.nairaland.com/967127/beware-new-phishing-format-gtb
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by spyder880(m): 4:12pm On Jun 22, 2012
lilkech: have you all noticed that its only GTB customers that get those sort of emails?

I get the mail weekly but never had a GT bank account ever.
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by emmalezy(m): 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
uchennaq: Fellow GTbank online internet users. Today I got a phishing mail which I believe originated from either a GTB worker or a anonymous hacker attempting to obtain various sensitive information of the targets GTB financial Institution. Been an old school when I saw the mail…I laughed. I knew that GTB will never send such mail. So am posting this to warn people, especially those using GTB internet banking to be careful and always report this kind of mail.

Read more
http://www.hintsonlinemagazine.com/guaranty-trust-bank-compulsory-verification-scam-alert-public-notice/
I knew it... Coz i dnt even use GTbank n i also received the alert... Jobless fellows
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by 401kk: 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2012
I don't use GTB, but I got the alert. Even if I did use GT, I'll be very stupid to fall for this.
Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by 2busy: 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2012
Any website link that look like that of GTB and ask you to [b]TYPE[b] your 'PASSWORD' is fake and scam....using your mouse to click your password is one of the greatest security of the internet banking web page

Some browser have the ability to recall all typed password!!!
but using the mouse to key in password is a great security.

Re: GTBank Compulsory Verification Scam Alert: Public Notice!!!! by SaintChukz(m): 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
Fhemmmy: ^^^ I get the mail and yet have no account with them . . .
i get same irritating mails 5days a week too but i delete immediately because i have no account with GTbank as well. Scammers are just been spurious....!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Company Directors, Investors and Share Allocation: Can Someone Explain? / Top Venture Capital Firms For Raising Funds In Nigeria / FG Woos Chinese Investors For National Carrier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.