Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,479 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

He Is Not Your Mate (short Christian Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / He Is Not Your Mate (short Christian Story) (472 Views)

SAPPHIRE By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Christian Story You Need To Read.) / DEAD END By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Short Christian Story.) / DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Is Not Your Mate (short Christian Story) by Peculiar2020(f): 8:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
Copyright © Hispeculiarpeople.com

Gboyega hated Church fervidly. He hated the idea of a God who existed someplace, Somewhere.  And for this reason, Sundays remained the worst days for him, as his mother was a fervent Christian.

“I’m planting the seeds in you now, one day you’d thank me” She said that to him every Sunday but Gboyega was never interested.

That morning, he watched as his mother moisturized his Brother’s skin with Vaseline, the pleasant scent filling his nostrils.

He laid lazily on his bed, yawning severally like a week old baby, trying to fathom why they had to go to church on Sundays or on weekdays or on any day at all. He was old enough to make choices at 18 for Goodness sake!

“Gboyega, when will you have your bath? Or you want me to drag you with your smelly body to Church ehn?” His mother asked calmly, she didn’t turn her gaze towards him.

He knew his mother. That calm voice was just a façade; the huge woman could bounce on him at any moment.

“But mom, I have exams tomorrow” he complained, scratching his bushy hair simultaneously.

“And you know how long they take at that church” He continued, pouting his mouth.

His mother turned back and shot him a poisonous look.

She didn’t say anything but her silence was loud enough. The silence that felt like a monster waiting to devour him.

Sensitive to impending doom, he picked up his phone and strolled grudgingly to the bathroom.

He had it all planned out in his head. He’d pretend to take his bath but spend time on social media for a while, before he took bath. His mum wouldn’t know anyways.

“Every time. every time, you will be forcing someone to go to church” he mumbled as he strolled lazily to the bathroom, “I’m not a baby anymore”

While in the bathroom, He kept lamenting to the bathtub and water closet.

“Gboyega!” His mother roared from the room, “It’s almost 8! Do you want to turn to a fish?”

He rushed the cool water over his body and ran out of the bathroom.

At Church, Gboyega stayed glued to his phone, he wasn’t fascinated by the boring sermon.

“God is not a man!” The pastor preached.

Yen yen yen! He said inwardly. I don’t have time for all this bullshit. Who God help?

“He loves you but you need to respect him” The pastor repeated twice.

“I don’t know who this is for; But God has sent me to tell you today! Do not take him for granted!” The pastor exclaimed again.

Gboyega opened his WhatsApp.

His gee, George was online.

“Guy how far? Spendinnnng! How you dey na?” He texted in Pidgin English.

“I dey, Wetin?” George sent a straight face emoji.

“Guy, money don show?”

“Which money?”

He was about to send a reply when he heard someone clear their throat.

He looked up and realized it was one of the ushers- who shot him a disappointed look.

“Young man. Keep your phone aside and listen to the sermon. Respect God!” He said and walked away without waiting to see if his command was heeded.

Gboyega turned his gaze back to his phone, closed the app and decided to concentrate on the sermon again- against his will.

What he saw, when he looked up almost made him run mad. He wiped his face with his hands and looked again.

He surveyed the whole building and fear enveloped him.

The Church was empty, and was as quiet as a grave yard. The pastor was not on the pulpit again; his mom was not in sight.

No one.

It was all bizarre.

Where did everyone go in just few seconds?

His heartbeat was the loudest thing he heard at that moment.

For some minutes, He couldn’t speak as he gritted his teeth. A sudden sense of coldness enveloped him.

He glanced at the nearest chair to him and dropped the phone on it, when he tried to get off his seat, He found out he couldn’t move.

“Mom!” Gboyega screamed. His eyes searched the entrance and exit of the church. All were shut.

“Mummy oh!” His voice trembled.

He began to hyperventilate, as he felt paralyzed by fear.

As he struggled, the weather outside the building changed, like it was going to rain.

Thunder storms preceded by Lightning filled the church compound.

“What’s going on here! Ye!” He screamed in horror.

At the church altar, something magnificent began to foam. He couldn’t place it at first. When he looked again, he saw it was a cloud and it got bigger and bigger till it filled the whole altar.

Thunder and lightning, erupted from within the cloud.

Gboyega raised his hands to shut off his ears but he couldn’t move still.

“Ah! Somebody please help me” He screamed his lungs out.

“Is this how I will die! Ah! Mummy!”

He watched the cloud as something strange slipped out of the cloud little by little.

He deemed  his eyes to get a better view and that was when he saw it.

A huge feet came out slowly and gracefully from the cloud. It shone like gold mixed with emerald; he could tell it was not human feet. It was the feet of someone greater.

Suddenly, he found himself growing small as the feet grew bigger and bigger. With time, he felt like an ant before it.

The fear was gone and he felt peace now, however he knew this was God showing him a part of himself and he had to reverence him.

Just before the feet could touch down on the floor, it slipped back into the cloud and everything was gone.

Gboyega got the message already.

God is real and was not his mate at all!

He shut his eyes as he trembled on his seat like a jelly fish.

“Let’s join hands as we sing our family song” The music director announced.

That made him confused. He opened his eyes and realized he was back to reality again.

He was sweating heavily after the short encounter he just had.

The people who sat beside him kept staring at him like he was possessed. No one wanted to hold hands with him.

He ran his eyes through the congregation looking for his mother, he would tell her everything.

His phone beeped. George had sent another WhatsApp message.

“You will not put me in trouble!” He exclaimed in Yoruba and threw the phone as far as he could.

Everyone. The whole congregation, including his mother turned their gaze towards him in surprise.

God said, “Look, here is a place right beside me. Put yourself on this rock. When my Glory passes by, I’ll put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with my hand until I’ve passed by. Then I’ll take my hand away and you’ll see my back. But you won’t see my face.”

Exodus 33:21-23 MSG

Moses saw the back of God.

Yes! God loves us.

Oh! So deeply!

Oh! So dearly!

Too much.

But…

He is still God. We can’t even compare God to Satan, The devil is no match. He doesn’t even come close.

What’s the point of this story?

You see, we know God is our Loving Father but Sometimes we forget this and get too comfortable that we start to do things we’re not to do.

He is greater than any public figure.

.. greater than the president

..greater than your boss.

I hope you get the message.

May God help us all. Amen.

SpiritPen(f), thegospelng, TemidayoRiches(f), aved29(f), Fayodamilola(f), Faithfulwrites2(f), TheEdenPlace20(f), omeizadeborah(f), trophygracie(f), Oluwamarytalabi(f), PeculiarInspiro(f), Botapreneur(f), ASHSALT(m), Olajhidey22(m).

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He Is Not Your Mate (short Christian Story) by franklytrue(m): 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2021
The greatness and beauty of our God.
God is love. God is a consuming fire. He is awesome! How great is our God.

In His presence is fullness of joy and at His right hand are pleasures for ever more (Psalm 16:11). I just experienced his peace and love again (bliss) moments after reading this, as I laid down in worship, and I am testifying. I miss Him. He is so good; so pure and perfect. ❤️

Re: He Is Not Your Mate (short Christian Story) by Gabright2(m): 11:16pm On Apr 05, 2021
God is great

(1) (Reply)

Writers Needed For Us, Uk, Aus, Can Audience / The Story Of Esther(short Story) / 48 Laws From 48 Law Of Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.