Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,590 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG (31578 Views)

Fashola: Money For Road Rehabilitated By RCCG Was Paid In 2011 And Not 2018 / FG Pays Private Company For Road Project Executed By RCCG As CSR / Sanwo-Olu Commissions School, Health Centre Built By RCCG (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by c4tnoelz: 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2021
VEXT:
Wonder how this country will be without Christians..One religion is developing the country,the other religion is destroying it..
God bless you jare
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by Egoat(m): 4:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
godlessmind:
yes it's still useless don't be carried away by this ... religion is killing Nigerians.

religion and politics works together don't be decieved by it kind gesture
If only you had sense bro.

3 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by Richthekid: 4:09pm On Apr 04, 2021
really
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by topygel12: 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2021
Badgers14:
Watch some body faint during hearing grin grin

The investigation should be who are the players behind cartil construction company?? RCCG? ( I hope not).

But it should be investigated, who signed off on the award from the ministry??

RCCG is the petitioner
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by Ravern: 4:39pm On Apr 04, 2021
PHAYOL81:
Comment so far show people hardly read or comprehend what they read. Contract was awarded in 2010 by PDP but was abandoned after part-payment of N145 was paid to the company. RCCG took up the road project in 2016 shortly after Buhari and Fashola took to office and executed the project for 3 year with it delivered in 2019.
Apparently, the church is just learning of the payment to the construction company hence the alarm.
Now pay attention to this, PDP contracted the company to execute the project for N600m in 2010 while RCCG delivered the same with only over N188m between 2016 to 2019 when cost of materials might've been higher. Ain't that incredible!
One word for PDP folks.
May your were blind to this part.
" "The Federal Ministry of Works and Housing has set aside N100m in the 2021 budget for the rehabilitation of the Ife-Ifewara Road which had been fixed by the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye.

2 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by globelite(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
ayenale1:
1 VP who is a RCCG pastor is useless and helpless in retrieving the money to the church.
2 Senators that are RCCG members are bunch of fools.
But if it is an Aboki/Imam/Sheik/fulani that constructed that type of road in the North...they would refund x10 of the money without going through all this useless processes...they should sha pay RCCG their money because i see the FG is thinking the church is lying...

My guy try to comprehend correctly an article before you start to comment....mtch
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by Badgers14: 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2021
topygel12:

RCCG is the petitioner

So RCCG asked to be reimbursed on the road construction?
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2021
Fashola Oloshi
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by oloyedewaris(m): 5:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
Egoat:
And yet Church is useless they say.
With the peoples tithe
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by Bluntemperor: 5:32pm On Apr 04, 2021
fastseo:
cheesy
Criminals every where.

It's all padding and is not new.
The abandoned projects littered everywhere in Nigeria,just like most Ministries ,with collaboration of their heads of departments, including the so called 'oversight functions' Legislatures are all taking Nigeria for a ride.
Remember the House of Representatives (the NEPA saga),some years back!
Just Negodu!
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by Egoat(m): 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2021
oloyedewaris:

With the peoples tithe
Yet your taxes are being looted on a steady.
Nigga learn to use your brain.

2 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by Eriokanmi: 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2021
Elliotwaveforec:

Which yeye Ambode that abandoned Lagos Badagry Expressway started by Fashola; he only constructedcted roads in Epe and refused to complete uncompleted ones across the state.
You must be out of touch with realities. That road belongs to the federal government, not Lagos State. The matter even came to the fore and still making headlines as I speak, where Fashola gave reasons for not completing it till date...paucity of funds.

Read the below... maybe you'd reason differently afterwards

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/453174-why-lagos-badagry-expressway-is-yet-to-be-fixed-fashola.html
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by niyidenrele: 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2021
Imagine Nigerian Prison Service, a Federal Government Establishment, begging and pleading with a church, to please extend a road reconstruction to their domain,
Even with mammoth income the federal government generates monthly
Too bad

2 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by oloyedewaris(m): 6:53pm On Apr 04, 2021
Egoat:

Yet your taxes are being looted on a steady.
Nigga learn to use your brain.
So you're telling me no road better than that in Nigeria built by the government

Note, I'm not supporting the government, I'm only saying, we should stop praising unnecessary people
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by Nobody: 7:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
Why will RCCG get reimbursed and report themselves? Think am well guy...

Badgers14:
Watch some body faint during hearing grin grin

The investigation should be who are the players behind cartil construction company?? RCCG? ( I hope not).

But it should be investigated, who signed off on the award from the ministry??
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by Badgers14: 12:12am On Apr 05, 2021
Spacecube:
Why will RCCG get reimbursed and report themselves? Think am well guy...

Nothing shocks me in 9ja any more..

Maybe someone got greedy in the deal and they ran to the press to expose it.

2 Likes

Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by PHAYOL81: 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
Ravern:

May your were blind to this part.
" "The Federal Ministry of Works and Housing has set aside N100m in the 2021 budget for the rehabilitation of the Ife-Ifewara Road which had been fixed by the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye.

The money was set aside to pay the construction company that is requesting for balance. That's why when RCCG petitioned, the senate had to call all parties involved for clarification. It ain't Fashola's fault that his pre-administration project has issues; and well, there's no sufficient data he can fall back to in order to get quick information about any road project he mightn't be aware of until the company showed up.
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by PHAYOL81: 9:32pm On Apr 09, 2021
kayjay69:
No need to make this about PDP, both parties are corrupt. When Fashola was Governor, the company BudgetIT via their twitter handle took it upon themselves to expose the corruption with road projects executed under his administration. The evidence was overwhelming, feel free to look through their twitter handle.

What marvels me is that under the road was built for 188M for 8.2km, that is 22M per km. Compare this to some of the ridiculous prices being quoted for road projects across Nigeria with some going as high as 1bn Naira per km then you begin to get a clearer picture that we are finished in this country. We are finished as a people, and I do not see any respite in sight. It is one thing to even use projects to steal funds, how about we simply then execute the project to standard and finish it, is that too much to ask?

Our budget as is is more than enough to lift us out of decadence and poverty in as little as 20 years if implemented to the letter. But it is unfortunate that all we have are a bunch of heartless, demon controlled men in positions of leadership who have zero business being at the helm.

Chill, buddy. Many comments were lambasting APC and Fashola erroneously, you don't call them to reasoning but when one comment fingered out the real culprit, you got defensive. Whether APC is corrupt or not is another point of discussion entirely but this thread is pointing patently at the corruption level of PDP. Basic
The Op must've misjudged to present the thread in the hope of roping in Fashola but the article was clear. The past administration was a disaster.
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by kayjay69(m): 8:40am On Apr 10, 2021
i was not trying to make this about APC vs PDP. i am sure you know, so stop the mischief.

under fashola's lagos, we got some of the most ridiculous quotes for road projects, the infamous 1 billion naira per kilometre for the uncompleted (till this day) lekki-epe expressway still holds true. i am sure same applies to some PDP led government, i do not care that is not the crux of my discussion.

my point is roads
- are a much needed infrastructure in Nigeria. every developed or aiming to be developed country needs suitable, decent road infrastructure;
- building and maintaining of roads are government's business;
- we can build roads for a fraction of the cost being quoted;
- even if we must use infrastructure projects to pilfer public funds, which is inevitable, we are doing so at a rate (300-500% on mostly borrowed money we use to finance our budget) which is not sustainable and the projects are never done to standard or even completed.

Nigeria is a mess and has always been. And like DMX said, we are heading nowhere fast.

PHAYOL81:

Chill, buddy. Many comments were lambasting APC and Fashola erroneously, you don't call them to reasoning but when one comment fingered out the real culprit, you got defensive. Whether APC is corrupt or not is another point of discussion entirely but this thread is pointing patently at the corruption level of PDP. Basic
The Op must've misjudged to present the thread in the hope of roping in Fashola but the article was clear. The past administration was a disaster.
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by PHAYOL81: 9:02am On Apr 10, 2021
kayjay69:
i was not trying to make this about APC vs PDP. i am sure you know, so stop the mischief.

under fashola's lagos, we got some of the most ridiculous quotes for road projects, the infamous 1 billion naira per kilometre for the uncompleted (till this day) lekki-epe expressway still holds true. i am sure same applies to some PDP led government, i do not care that is not the crux of my discussion.

my point is roads
- are a much needed infrastructure in Nigeria. every developed or aiming to be developed country needs suitable, decent road infrastructure;
- building and maintaining of roads are government's business;
- we can build roads for a fraction of the cost being quoted;
- even if we must use infrastructure projects to pilfer public funds, which is inevitable, we are doing so at a rate (300-500% on mostly borrowed money we use to finance our budget) which is not sustainable and the projects are never done to standard or even completed.

Nigeria is a mess and has always been. And like DMX said, we are heading nowhere fast.

Then create another thread for it and let people discuss it; why made my mention the bearer of that fury of Fashola perceived governorship mismanagement when all I did was correcting wrong impression against APC by stating that PDP is the crook this particular thread is fingering out Besides, I ain't defending FASHOLA AND APC too but pointing out the comprehension issues of majority who had started lambasting APC wrongly for the sin of another which is PDP.
Don't get emotional, stop accusing me of traits you're beginning to show. You suddenly go defensive over a single comment correcting wrong impression while you leave the ones accusing the other party; isn't that hypocrisy Yet you accuse me of defending the party being accused wrongly. If APC is bad, create a thread for it with verifiable evidence but don't point wrong accusations against it because people would always call it out.
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by kayjay69(m): 9:25am On Apr 10, 2021
having made my points abundantly clear yet you so carefully choose to ignore, i will recommend a couple cold bottles of beer to calm your fraying nerves.

i have nothing more to add. good day.
PHAYOL81:

Then create another thread for it and let people discuss it; why made my mention the bearer of that fury of Fashola perceived governorship mismanagement when all I did was correcting wrong impression against APC by stating that PDP is the crook this particular thread is fingering out Besides, I ain't defending FASHOLA AND APC too but pointing out the comprehension issues of majority who had started lambasting APC wrongly for the sin of another which is PDP.
Don't get emotional, stop accusing me of traits you're beginning to show. You suddenly go defensive over a single comment correcting wrong impression while you leave the ones accusing the other party; isn't that hypocrisy Yet you accuse me of defending the party being accused wrongly. If APC is bad, create a thread for it with verifiable evidence but don't point wrong accusations against it because people would always call it out.
Re: Ministry Of Works Allocates N100m To Road Rehabilitated By RCCG by snoopz: 8:04am On Jun 25, 2021
Whem there is no integrity and oversight.
It's obvious there is an insider in the ministry flushing money out to the construction company Most likely to be his investment or his colleagues or even his boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adamu Adamu And His Entourage Visits Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (Photos) / Catriona Laing, Posted To Nigeria As UK High Commissioner, Gets Excited / Postponement: Nigeriaans Blast Dino Melaye For Giving His Crying Supporter N2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.