Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) (9997 Views)

Peter Gregory Obi Vs Bola Ahmed Tinubu Throwback Health / Hafsat Abiola Knelt Down While Thanking Bola Tinubu (Throwback Video) / Tribunal Dismisses Corruption Charges Against Tinubu (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Purplebirdrep: 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (Throwback)

It's Thursday and AllNews travels back in time to April 1997 when the current national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu allegedly asserted that he 'does not believe in One Nigeria'.

Those who do not believe in a united Nigeria and want the West African nation to divide are mainly Biafran separatists.

Tinubu, before Nigeria's return to democratic rule in 1999, began his political career in 1992, when he joined the Social Democratic Party (SDP) where he was a member of the Peoples Front faction led by Shehu Musa Yar'Adua and made up of other politicians such as Umaru Yar'Adua, Atiku Abubakar, Baba Gana Kingibe, Rabiu Kwankwaso, Abdullahi Aliyu Sumaila, Magaji Abdullahi, Dapo Sarumi and Yomi Edu. He was elected to the Senate, representing the Lagos West constituency in the short-lived Nigerian Third Republic.

After the results of the 12 June, 1993 presidential elections were annulled, Tinubu became a founding member of the pro-democracy National Democratic Coalition, a group that mobilized support for the restoration of democracy and recognition of Moshood Abiola as the winner of the June 12 election.

Following the seizure of power as military head of state of General Sani Abacha, he went into exile in 1994 and returned to the country in 1998 after the death of the military dictator, which ushered in the transition to the Fourth Nigerian Republic.

In the run-up to the 1999 elections, Bola Tinubu was a protégé of Alliance for Democracy (AD) leaders Abraham Adesanya and Ayo Adebanjo.

He went on to win the AD primaries for the Lagos State governorship elections in defeating Funsho Williams and Wahab Dosunmu, a former Minister of Works and Housing.

In January 1999, he stood for the position of Governor of Lagos State on the AD ticket and was elected. Twice he served as the number one citizen of Lagos State and has since been a colossal force in Nigeria's political terrain.

A This Day Newspaper publication of a past Tinubu interview with Ayo Arowolo, the present Chief of Staff (CoS) to the Chairman of Arise Group, Prince Nduka Obaigbena, has now surfaced online, with some social media commenters questioning the patriotism of the 68-year-olld.

Meanwhile, as at the time of publishing this report, AllNews cannot independently verify the authenticity of the publication.

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by gbaskiboy: 12:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
Politicians are like chameleon, they can never be stable with their words.
Be it Tinubu becomes the president or someone else all we ask for is equality and dividends of democracy..

3 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by LeeSantos(m): 12:45pm On Apr 04, 2021
mhmmm
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Khayceeofficial(m): 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2021
But now he believes...
Naija politicians be like prick wey don dhe flaccid,
You go think say e don die then Boom!, He is Risen

4 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Kriss216: 12:49pm On Apr 04, 2021
Tinubu is a two faced thief!

The earlier we understand this, the better for our sanity.

3 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Chloraseptic: 12:54pm On Apr 04, 2021
That's what those people are known for. Say A and end up doing B

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Soolmus: 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2021
Be like say Ipobians don't really hate Tinubu, they are only obsessed with him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by ivandragon: 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2021
There is nothing inherently wrong in a person changing ones opinion due to circumstances.

The issue is doing so for selfish reasons especially when those reasons expose people whom you should protect, to avoidable dangers.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Baawaa(m): 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2021
Old story,since 1997
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Bashir75: 1:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
Kriss216:
Tinubu is a two faced thief!

The earlier we understand this, the better for our sanity.

LIke Nnamdi Azikwe, your Biafra warlord who led your tribe into war, ran away and left million of ipobians died during Biafra war.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
Soolmus:
Be like say Ipobians don't really hate Tinubu, they are only obsessed with him

Bobo Chicago said he does not believe in one Nigeria, but here u are calling iPOb.

Aphonjas are neither here nor there, very unreliable lots undecided

2 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Soolmus: 4:59pm On Apr 04, 2021
OOzz:

Bobo Chicago said he does not believe in one Nigeria, but here u are calling iPOb.

Aphonjas are neither here nor there, very unreliable lots undecided

Ok why are you obsessed about aphojass and bobo Chicago if you find them unreliable

Wetin Davido no go see inside Chioma kpekus

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2021
Soolmus:

Ok why are you obsessed about aphojass and bobo reliable if you find them unreliable

Wetin Davido no go see inside Chioma kpekus

Off point undecided

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by jamace(m): 11:35am On Jun 21, 2022
How can somebody who does not believe in one Nigeria aspiring to be president of the same Nigeria? He must be on crack!

BAT is an embodiment of lies, crookedness and controversies.

1 Like

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Arysexy(m): 11:47am On Jun 21, 2022
Lalalasticlala, seun what is good for the Geese is equally good for the Gander.

As you made Doyin Okupe tweet of 2021 hit FP, can this Tinubu topic hit FP also?
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Arysexy(m): 11:48am On Jun 21, 2022
Baawaa:
Old story,since 1997

Old story of 2021 is on the Front page NOW

Today is throw back Tuesday on NL
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by ajekpaks(m): 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
lol
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Enone22(m): 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
Maybe has started to believe in one Niggeria now. But he won't be our president. Let's be OBIdient this time pls
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by Miracle2020: 1:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
This statement is enough to disqualify him.
If an American presidential candidate says he didn't believe in America,he will be disqualified. But in Nigeria the judiciary is for sale.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria', Says Tinubu (throwback) by musa234(m): 1:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
Miracle2020:
This statement is enough to disqualify him.
If an American presidential candidate says he didn't believe in America,he will be disqualified. But in Nigeria the judiciary is for sale.
if Nigeria was a sane country,it is highly enough to disqualify him.. Let him join Nnamdi kanu

(1) (Reply)

African Lingua Franca - Between Hausa And Kiswahili / Osun Government Seeks China’s Support For Airport Project / Nigeria’s Generated Electricity Drops Further To 2,919MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.