Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Jehovah The Man Of War - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah The Man Of War (1601 Views)

Is JEHOVAH The Name Of God? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah The Man Of War by judedwriter(m): 2:06pm On Apr 04, 2021
Exodus 15
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³ The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

⁴ Pharaoh's chariots and his host hath he cast into the sea: his chosen captains also are drowned in the Red sea.

⁵ The depths have covered them: they sank into the bottom as a stone.

⁶ Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

⁷ And in the greatness of thine excellency thou hast overthrown them that rose up against thee: thou sentest forth thy wrath, which consumed them as stubble.

When it comes to spiritual warfare, God loves to fight for His people. Jehovah is called a man of war because He is a versatile warrior who loves to fight the battles of His children.

At the red sea, while Pharaoh and his army hotly pursued them, Moses and the Israelites became spectators while God was the performer:

The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.
— Exodus 14:14

God powerfully divided the red sea and closed it up on the Egyptians. By burying the Egyptians in a watery grave, God showed His people that He was indeed a man of war.

David called on God as a man of war to fight for him:

Psalms 35 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹.... fght against them that fight against me.

² Take hold of shield and buckler, and stand up for mine help.

³ Draw out also the spear, and stop the way against them that persecute me: say unto my soul, I am thy salvation.

David described God as he would an armed soldier because he had experienced God fight for him like one. Even in his epic encounter with the Philistine giant Goliath, David knew it was God's battle, not his:

1 Samuel 17
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴⁶ THIS DAY WILL THE LORD DELIVER THEE INTO MINE HAND; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

⁴⁷ And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: FOR THE BATTLE IS THE LORD'S, and he will give you into our hands.

Indeed, God fought for David that day, because had David missed his first sling shot, he would not have lived to see another day as Goliath was approaching him.

The accuracy and the force behind David's smooth stone that penetrated Goliath's skull through his helmet, was indeed a miracle from God.

Again, yet in another battle against the Philistines, God fought for David in a remarkable way:

2 Samuel 5
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²² And the Philistines came up yet again, and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.

²³ And when David enquired of the LORD, he said, Thou shalt not go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees.

²⁴ And let it be, when thou hearest the sound of a going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt bestir thyself: for then shall the LORD go out before thee, to smite the host of the Philistines.

God had gone out before David and his men to subdue the Philistines in a militarized way like a soldier marching on tree tops.

God also fought powerfully for Joshua as he lead the Isrealites to the promised land:

Joshua 10
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹¹ And it came to pass, as they fled from before Israel, and were in the going down to Bethhoron, that the LORD cast down great stones from heaven upon them unto Azekah, and they died: they were more which died with hailstones than they whom the children of Israel slew with the sword.

¹² Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.

¹³ And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

¹⁴ And there was no day like that before it or after it, that the LORD hearkened unto the voice of a man: for the LORD fought for Israel.

Never had it occur before that the sun and moon stood still for 24 hours because God wanted his children to completely defeat their enemies. God simply spoke to the sun and moon and they promptly obeyed Him.

But prior to that miraculous incident, God had rained down stones from heaven on His people's enemies, killing more of them than His people killed.

Our God is indeed a man of war, He is terrible in warfare.

Thou shalt not be affrighted at them: for the LORD thy God is among you, a mighty God and terrible.
— Deuteronomy 7:21

When God is involved in any battle, it is often fatal with serious casualties on the side of His enemies. This is because God has never lost a battle, He will never lose any battle and is not about to lose any battle.

Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works! through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.
— Psalms 66:3

It doesn't matter who our enemies are, once almighty God engages them in warfare for our sakes, they have to surrender or they become casualties.

In 2 kings 18 and 19, when the King of Assyria came with a mighty army and surrounded Judah, he made a fatal mistake by boasting against the Hebrew God, saying He was unable to deliver the tribe of Judah from his hands.

God heared the Assyrian king blasphemous statements and proved him wrong by fighting for Judah in a spectacular way:

2 Kings 19
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³⁴ For I will defend this city, to save it, for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.

³⁵ And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.

However, if God is to fight effectively for us today as a man of war, we must ensure that His manifested presence is actively with us.

When God arises in His awesome Glory, His enemies must flee for safety:

Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered: let them also that hate him flee before him.
— Psalms 68:1

God will not fight for us if we are not carriers of His manifested presence:

Go not up, for the LORD is not among you; that ye be not smitten before your enemies.
— Numbers 14:42

A lot of Christians are oppressed by their enemies because they lack God's manifested presence in their lives:

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
— Romans 8:31

It was indeed very dangerous for the children of Israel to go for warfare without God's presence, because it was God who guaranteed the victory. This was why the Israelites often carried the ark of covenant, a symbol of God's presence, with them to the battle front:

And when the people were come into the camp, the elders of Israel said, Wherefore hath the LORD smitten us to day before the Philistines? Let us fetch the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of Shiloh unto us, that, when it cometh among us, it may save us out of the hand of our enemies.
— 1 Samuel 4:3

However, today we have the presence of God through the Holy Spirit. Whenever God manifests His presence strongly in our lives, He fights for us in militant, commando style.

Whenever our God manifests His presence powerfully, yokes are broken, miracles happen, blessings restored, chains destroyed, curses broken, enemies paralyzed, etc.

What are the keys to God's manifested presence?

1. Faith: without faith, it's impossible to please God. It's your faith that makes you acceptable to God and invites His presence. Faith comes by reading God's Word.

2. Praises: just like a fish can't survive too long outside water, God cannot dwell too long in a place outside praise. Praise is God's natural habitat, this is why heaven is full of praises to God. God will manifest His presence greatly in a praise filled life and environment.

3. Fasting: God is a SPIRIT and mostly relates with us spiritually not physically. Fasting (and faith/praises/prayer) serves to spiritually increase the presence of God in our lives in a much larger dimension than otherwise.

4. Holiness: God hates sin. Nothing dries a person of God's presence like wilful sins like gossiping, lying, cursing, bitterness, fornication, etc.

Happy resurrection day!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by Jashub: 2:22pm On Apr 04, 2021
God bless you sir for this piece of writing. It was a blessing
Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by matrix199(m): 2:29pm On Apr 04, 2021
I thought the Holy Book says 'Jehovah is not a man to lie'. When has he become a 'man of war'?

The contradiction though!
Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by Jashub: 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2021
[s]
matrix199:
I thought the Holy Book says 'Jehovah is not a man to lie'. When has he become a 'man of war'?
[/s] Read the entire bible and stop your childish display of self-imposed ignorance

1 Like

Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by matrix199(m): 2:48pm On Apr 04, 2021
Jashub:
[s][/s] Read the entire bible and stop your childish display of self-imposed ignorance

Boy, I've read that book from Gen to Rev. before you were born.

'When has He become a man of war' had a figurative undertone. But I guess your low I.Q couldn't discern.

I only stressed the contradiction. He was described as a man of war and not being a man that lies.
Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by Jashub: 2:53pm On Apr 04, 2021
[s]
matrix199:

Boy, I've read that book from Gen to Rev. before you were born.

'When has He become a man of war' had a figurative undertone. But I guess your low I.Q couldn't discern.

I only stressed the contradiction. He was described as a man of war and not being a man that lies.

[/s] Keep silent you lying old fool! If you had taken the pains to read the bible and go through the verses, you would not be asking such ridiculous questions!

1 Like

Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by judedwriter(m): 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
matrix199:

The contradiction though!

If you have taken the care to read the first scripture I shared, you wouldn't have asked this question.
Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by matrix199(m): 3:09pm On Apr 04, 2021
Jashub:
[s][/s] Keep silent you lying old fool! If you had taken the pains to read the bible and go through the verses, you would not be asking such ridiculous questions!

I just can't help but laugh.

Young buck it's enough, before you hurt yourself.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by AntiChristian: 7:56am On Apr 05, 2021
Yes he is a man of war truly. All calamities and prosperity are said to be from him.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by judedwriter(m): 11:26am On Apr 05, 2021
AntiChristian:
Yes he is a man of war truly. All calamities and prosperity are said to be from him.

Whenever God fights a war for His children, there are calamities for his enemies and prosperity for His children.

However, not all calamities come from God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by AntiChristian: 2:04pm On Apr 05, 2021
judedwriter:

Whenever God fights a war for His children, there are calamities for his enemies and prosperity for His children.

However, not all calamities come from God.

All calamities come from God according to your Bible. State your verse if you're truthful.
Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by judedwriter(m): 2:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
AntiChristian:

All calamities come from God according to your Bible. State your verse if you're truthful.

Who brought about the troubles in job's life? God or the devil?
Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by AntiChristian: 2:35pm On Apr 05, 2021
judedwriter:

Who brought about the troubles in job's life? God or the devil?

According to your Bible God permitted it after Satan proposed it.
Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by judedwriter(m): 2:39pm On Apr 05, 2021
AntiChristian:

According to your Bible God permitted it after Satan proposed it.

For the fact that God permitted it doesn't mean He was directly behind it.
Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by AntiChristian: 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2021
judedwriter:

For the fact that God permitted it doesn't mean He was directly behind it.

If you allow an army to pass through your country to attack another country then you are in support of the attack.

The country attacked would surely take you as its enemy and rightly so.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah The Man Of War by judedwriter(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2021
AntiChristian:

If you allow an army to pass through your country to attack another country then you are in support of the attack.

The country attacked would surely take you as its enemy and rightly so.

God is sovereign and exercises authority over all things including the devil.

The devil asked permission to trouble job because he respected God's authority over him.

Besides, God allowed the calamities to happen to job to build his faith for greater blessings later.

My God is a good God though he permits calamities.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Adeboye: TB Joshua Tried To Kill Me (the War In Christendom) Video / Atheists Aren't Truth-seekers / Africans Are Special Case When It Comes To LGBT Because Of Their Culture - Pope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.