Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose (17676 Views)

Niger: Be Careful, Don't Start What You Cannot Finish - Bode George To Tinubu / Sani Musa To Run For APC National Chairman Position / 2023: Tinubu, Fayemi Test Strength With APC Deputy National Chairman Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by bolaayenimo: 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2021
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Ayo Fayose, former governor of Ekiti state on Sunday revealed that former President Olusegun Obasanjo masterminded the incarceration of Chief Olabode George, a former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) over tussle for the party’s national chairmanship position.

Chief George had in an interview with Daily Independent accused Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former Lagos state governor and Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo who was the Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice in Tinubu’s government as the men behind his incarceration during the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) crisis.

Although he was sentenced to two years imprisonment, alongside five others, by an Ikeja High Court on October 27, 2009, without an option of a fine, he appealed the judgment after serving his term and the Supreme Court quashed the conviction in 2013.

Speaking with our correspondent, Fayose said it is wrong for George to be accusing him of sabotaging his efforts to become the national chairman of PDP, saying events has shown that God has not destined him for the position.

According to him, as Ekiti governor, he was in Ota when Obasanjo who wanted to become the chairman of the PDP’s Board of Trustees (BoT) said he will ensure that he caused trouble for Bode George so that he will not have time to contest for the PDP National chairmanship position.

He said “Let me say that Chief Bode George is our leader; I don’t want to fight him. Sincerely, I don’t want to fight him. He imagined that I was the one that didn’t allow him to become PDP national chairman; that is his grouse. I want to say to him, if God has destined him to be national chairman, he would have been. Fayose is not God that can stop anybody”.

“He keeps saying I stopped him and I keep saying to him too that when I wanted to become governor in 2014, he did not support me. He worked against me. He worked with the likes of Jumoke Akindele to work against me. He worked with Dayo Adeyeye at a time. But let us be very honest, politics is all about interests. So, I don’t want to blame him”.

“He said he gave me N250, 000. I can’t remember him doing that but even if he has given me money, I have given a lot of people contesting elections money. I have done favours to Chief Bode George when I was sitting governor. Do I come to the streets and start saying I bought Chief Bode George this and that?. That is not equally matured. Any politician saying I give this person money is a man of little mind. I don’t want to say oga is a little mind but I don’t expect oga to be saying I gave Fayose N250,000. What is N250,000?”

“When he was in prison, I went to see him. He will recall that when Baba (Olusegun Obasanjo) said he will go to prison, I was the one who went to him to come and tell him. Then I was a sitting governor. I left Ota and came to Lagos to meet him that Baba Obasanjo said he will send you to prison; that arrangement has been made for you to go to prison. He can’t deny that”.

“I was in Obasanjo’s bedroom in Ota when he told me ‘that Bode, he will pay for it dearly. He will end up in prison. He wants to be national chairman, let’s see how he will do it’. When I heard from Obasanjo, I ran to Chief Bode George to inform him that Baba Obasanjo had insisted that Nuhu Ribadu, the then EFCC chairman should file your paper quickly, saying ‘what Bode will be facing, he will not have time for national chairman’.

“It was in Transcorp Hilton that that crisis happened where Obasanjo and Anenih had issues. It was because Obasanjo wants to be BoT chairman and Bode George wants to be National Chairman”.
“ It was on the issue of this national chairman that sent Chief Bode George to prison. Chief Bode George wants to be national chairman; Obasanjo wants to be BoT chairman. The late Tony Anenih eventually became the BoT chairman. Obasanjo believe that Chief Bode George was going to disturb his bid, that was why Chief Bode George was charged to court”.

“You will see that he was exonerated at the end of the day. Most of the people out there don’t have these facts. So, if God has not given you the national chairmanship position that time and he has not given you this time, just know that it is not the will of God for you”.

On the statement by Bode George that he is behaving like a greatly disturbed child, Fayose says “If Chief Bode George says that I am a greatly disturbed child, I take it as a compliment because we learned from the master. Oga Bode George trained us, we followed him in politics".
"So, if we are behaving like a disturbed child, he will be more like a disturbed great grandfather. If you look at his age, he ought to have retired now and that does not disrespect to him. When I get to his age, I will stay away. I have children”.

“I think Oga Bode George is close to 80 years now, that means he is about the age of my mum. Should he and I be struggling? He should be older than me by 18 years and I am older than Makinde by nine years. So, when you compared the difference you will know that mine is excusable, but his is not”.

“But as a matter of principle, he is our leader and we will still consider him as that. But when you eat on the dining table and you don’t know when to retreat, stupid flies will drive you away from that dining table”.

“Chief Bode George is supposed to be the right arbiter to resolve this matter. If those languages are coming from him, then it is unfortunate. When an elder is found where they are supposed to be, there will be less crisis. If I join issues with him, I will be going out of the real issues, so, I don’t want to join issues with him”.
https://www.independent.ng/how-obasanjo-sent-bode-george-to-jail-because-of-pdp-national-chairman-position-fayose/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Xscape1993(m): 9:13pm On Apr 04, 2021
Why is talk very cheap in this part of the world? What a great country rule by unfortunate people!

12 Likes

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2021
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by nairavsdollars(f): 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2021
Nuhu Ribadu should seek God's forgiveness. Obashenjo really used him to punish his political ennemies then as vendetta

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by bolaayenimo: 9:29pm On Apr 04, 2021
those political enemies, are they guilty of what they were accused of or not?
nairavsdollars:
Nuhu Ribadu should seek God's forgiveness. Obashenjo really used him to punish his political ennemies then as vendetta

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by XXXXTENTACION: 9:34pm On Apr 04, 2021
Xscape1993:
Why is talk very cheap in this part of the world? What a great country rule by unfortunate people!
Very unfortunate undecided

3 Likes

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by HeIsRisen: 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ok
Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Splendor4(m): 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
wahala no dey finish sha
Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Crimrburster: 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
Fayose is right.

7 Likes

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by AntiWailer: 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ediots

They are all the same.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by zoedew: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
Contract splitting. Your own fake poultry is now smelling

7 Likes

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Enoch07: 9:38pm On Apr 04, 2021
any how talk

1 Like

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Lordmysavior: 9:39pm On Apr 04, 2021
politics full of dirty game

1 Like

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by 143WaZoBia: 9:40pm On Apr 04, 2021
All these informations out and nothing will happen to any of these people? This country is insane.

3 Likes

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Triangles1(m): 9:41pm On Apr 04, 2021
Medicine after death, why didn't you voice out when the same PDP put you in power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by GreaterFuture(m): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2021
Ok
Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by computer0810(m): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2021
Nothing good can ever come out of pdp but flat heads won't realise dis....dis is same party dey defend as if there life depends on it las las pdp no go give them ticket

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by jaxxy(m): 9:42pm On Apr 04, 2021
Obj made certain mistakes because he was the 1st and it was the beginning on a New Democratic dispensation bt made sure others after him had the opportunity to improve on his work bt rather they were repeating mistakes than learning from obj’s mistakes.

4 Likes

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by fmlala: 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2021
OK
Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by orohbiro(f): 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
I see APC giving tunubu the ticket and PDP handing ticket to amosun ibokunle and tinubu we emerge winner 2023 watch this commet

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Seniorwriter(m): 9:45pm On Apr 04, 2021
Nonsense irrelevance from one of the Clueless Nigerian Political actors.....

computer0810:
Nothing good can ever come out of pdp but flat heads won't realise dis....dis is same party dey defend as if there life depends on it las las pdp no go give them ticket
Point of correction NOTHING GOOD CAN COME OUT OF OUR PAST AND PRESENT LEADERSHIP because they are Clueless Visionless & Wicked inside out!
Nigeria needs visionary youthful leadership.

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@Seniorwriter

3 Likes

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
They have started exposing the Afonja baba that contributed in imposing a dead vegetable like Jubrin alsudan on Nigerians! cheesy
have you received your BMC March stipend?

6 Likes

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by pelicanbeau(f): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
This guy get porous mouth...biting the hands that fed you is bad
Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by lonecatt(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
Fayose seems to be a trouble maker
He never tell us who is funding him.

Meanwhile am still surprised that buhari is not paying fayose back for all the insults he gave him while serving as a governor.

It seems his godfather is one of the leaders in APC gunment

4 Likes

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Vinnie2000(m): 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2021
Obj on the Beat once again..
Though a detribalised and Able leader,, Played too much politics during his tenure frm 1999-2007,, in d process Ignoring Infrastructural development n Job creation..
But still better dan Ahmed Bola Tinubu who is a Smart criminal n Professional Pen-Robber!!
N 100x Better than Boko Hunter,, Buhari (Both d Former n Current Jubrin El Sudani)!!

We really Good Leaders in Nigeria!!

2 Likes

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Vinnie2000(m): 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2021
Obj on the Beat once again..
Though a detribalised and Able leader,, Played too much politics during his tenure frm 1999-2007,, in d process Ignoring Infrastructural development n Job creation..
But still better dan Ahmed Bola Tinubu who is a Smart criminal n Professional Pen-Robber!!
N 100x Better than Boko Hunter,, Buhari (Both d Former n Current Jubrin El Sudani)!!

We really nid Good Leaders in Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by PigTormentor: 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2021
So OBJ was deciding cases for the courts? The man only sabi write letters about others while he's own smelly stories are everywhere including using the EFCC, spending 16B on electricity only for it to get worse.
Baba Iyabo should write a letter to himself about all the atrocities under his govt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Vaughanlanrewaj: 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/how-obasanjo-sent-bode-george-to-jail-because-of-pdp-national-chairman-position-fayose/
I can't wait to read the memoir of this man Ayodele Fayose cheesy He seems to know how to come back even when he is out of government. What he does with power every time he gets It is a different kettle of fish though.visit www.freestuffsng.com for latest freestuffs in Nigeria. God bless Nigeria.
Re: OBJ Sent Bode George To Jail Because Of PDP National Chairman Position – Fayose by Antoeni(m): 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2021
And What is Wrong With ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Group Lobbies For Osinbajo To Succeed Buhari (Video) / Frequent Corruption Probes Are Distracting Me - Fashola / Fashola Commissions 2X60MVA &132/33KV Transmission Substation In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.