Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? - Programming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? (27128 Views)

How Many Hours Should I Commit In A Day In Order To Learn Javascript In 3 Months / How To Earn $100 Per Day By Admob Booster From Google Admob ? / Can You Code A Simple Android Phone/screen Lock App With Logging? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by ugocliff(m): 8:48pm On Apr 16, 2021
Suspect33:
how long will one have to learn coding before one can be job ready??

coding is for a lifetime you will never stop learning. You are job ready when once you know the basics but depends on the job type. the more you advance in coding the more advance job you can do. always Remember the reward for a job well done is more job
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by hexzelle: 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
pls who knows how one can pay for a hired job ( i want to pay someone, not get paid)
on upwork.

Naija bank ( mastercard) details seem not to work
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by cosmos2000(m): 11:50am On Apr 27, 2021
LMS1:
I used to code for over two hours.
but since covid 19 started i abadoned everything and started crypto related stuffs, i also toy alot with kali linux and parrot operating system.
instead of extending my knowledge in coding am always busy watching tik tok and xvideo grin

Can you help me with the download size of the Kali linux, I wanna download it
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by LMS1(m): 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
cosmos2000:

Can you help me with the download size of the Kali linux, I wanna download it
3-4 GB
But why Kali?
don't download it if you ain't into pentesting...
Try Ubuntu OS if you are tired of your regular window..
Kali isn't for Newbie except you feel comfortable to launch some software with a command line...
But if into pentesting I recommend backbox or parrot.
they are user friendly..
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by cosmos2000(m): 12:10pm On Apr 28, 2021
LMS1:

3-4 GB
But why Kali?
don't download it if you ain't into pentesting...
Try Ubuntu OS if you are tired of your regular window..
Kali isn't for Newbie except you feel comfortable to launch some software with a command line...
But if into pentesting I recommend backbox or parrot.
they are user friendly..

Thanks a lot for the answer. Kali linux is the case study I'm using for tutorials due to it popularity in my tutorial.
Is there anything I need to do incase of any damages in my system before downloading Kali linux
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by LMS1(m): 12:23pm On Apr 28, 2021
cosmos2000:

Thanks a lot for the answer. Kali linux is the case study I'm using for tutorials due to it popularity in my tutorial.
Is there anything I need to do incase of any damages in my system before downloading Kali linux
I don't get your question .

but you may need to run it in a virtual machine (VM)
or you install it alongside your window OS.
but the if you want to install alongside window OS be careful and learn its tutorial before installing else you might wipe out your window petition and still not successful with the installation..

nevertheless I recommend running it inside a virtual machine...
download virtual machine.exe and run your Kali from there.
I hope it help you....
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by cosmos2000(m): 7:56am On Apr 29, 2021
LMS1:

I don't get your question .

but you may need to run it in a virtual machine (VM)
or you install it alongside your window OS.
but the if you want to install alongside window OS be careful and learn its tutorial before installing else you might wipe out your window petition and still not successful with the installation..

nevertheless I recommend running it inside a virtual machine...
download virtual machine.exe and run your Kali from there.
I hope it help you....

Thanks dude, gat to do that today. What are your experiences using kali linux as a hacker.
Or add up on WhatsApp 08115764007
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by yourblogcoach1(m): 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2021
I spend 6-7 hours a day.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Bulaveur: 2:43am On May 01, 2021
NarnieAceTech:
I used to code at average 5-6hours a day during my youth service, depending on what's on my to-do list for the day. Where I served had steady power supply so I had no worries, but since I came back to Lagos, my hood only sees light when NEPA feel like being generous.

It dropped drastically when I started going to Alaba to hustle in my brother's shop, then coming back tired. Same routine monday-saturday. I wish I could get a job that will bring back the vibe. My last job was November 2020.

Was learning VueJs and ReactJs before I stopped (unintentionally took a break).

Pick one between Vue and React. They're both frontend frameworks though react is technically a library. It should reduce your workload. Also make out time to build projects, a portfolio and apply to jobs.
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by noob03saibot(m): 12:37pm On May 06, 2021
Ub8956:

Don't be confused. Am a programmer fullstack developer. Go for software engineering (development). That's what is lucrative now. Companies home and abroad including government agencies will need your skills. Infact in just 2yrs of my experience,once I mention programming,or software development,and marketing in an interview,even banks can't resist me. I choose to work from their pay. Am working with MTN and am comfortable with the pay now. If you have a child writing jamb,or yet to,advice him or her to go study computer science or engineering and focus in software development. The future is software,and you'll be glad to thank me later. A friend of mine,a doctor is earning five zeros (precisely 180-200k monthly),
his car and mine no be mates. You hardly see a software developer in MTN,Glo, Airtel, Google, Amazon,yahoo mail,even in gov.offices like Jamb,waec,inec,and other companies earning less than 700k at minimum a month. It's not blood money,that's where the world is relying on currently. Goodluck as you make your choice.
I actually sent you a pm, but am not sure how it works. Would love to ask, please which branch/ type of software development is advisable to go into?
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by yetmao: 6:36pm On May 18, 2021
Yemmyteespeed007:
LAPTOP POWERBANK FOR YOU GUYS.
10HRS. 40,000MAH

20HRS,. 80,000MAH

How much is this and where are u located
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Skye123: 6:54pm On May 18, 2021
I'm sorry for derailing the thread, guys. Pls, can someone explain what mutable and immutable data types are?? I understand that mutable can be changed and immutable cannot be. But, how do you write the codes?? The codes look smh confusing. For example:
list_values = [1, 2, 3]
set_values = (1, 2, 3)
print(id(list_values))
print(id(set_values))
print()

list_values += [4, 5, 6]
set_values += (4, 5, 6)
print(id(list_values))
print(id(set_values))

Output:

I don't understand how the code produced that. Pls, can someone explain
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 5:16am On May 19, 2021
yetmao:

How much is this and where are u located
the two variants are: 1. 40000mah 27k (7 to 12hrs run-time),. 2. 80,000mah 45k (12hrs to 18hrs) depending on task you're running and Laptop model.

Location is Ado-Ekiti.
Waybill is possible
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by onyeoka2: 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2023
Please help, I want to find out if this online training institute is genuine:I mean DATAMITES
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by dandylass: 8:53pm On Apr 05, 2023
Depending on project at hand and the duration to deliver. If it is an urgent work that needed to be delivered fast and the client pays well, I code from 7am to 5pm daily till I deliver. Though sometimes after resting I can resume work in the night and go to bed on or before 11pm. If it is a challenging I can work from morning till the next morning and rest for a while before resuming again until I get all issues resolved before slowing down
Re: How Many Hours Do You Code Per Day? by Mightydude: 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2023
I started this year at Aptech Owerri and I must say it's been very interesting .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Buhari Voice Recognition Program - Contest For 50,000 Naira / Data Visualization Challenge: Which Of These Dashboards Can I Submit? / Best Uni For Bsc. Computer Science In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.