Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,711 members, 7,813,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor (856 Views)

Shanawole, 11-Year-Old Ex-Cultist Now A Pastor, Thanks To Pastor Tony Rapu / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking / Big Pot Placed On A Pastor’s Head While Praying (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by donnaheff: 7:37am On Apr 05, 2021
Please House, I need clarification. If the spouse of a doctor doesn't automatically become a doctor, the spouse of an Engineer is not automatically an Engineer, the spouse of a Politician is not automatically a Politician, why does the spouse of a Pastor automatically qualify as a Pastor? I would be super happy if responses are backed by the scriptures

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by donbachi(m): 7:39am On Apr 05, 2021
Dem don become one.so,the grace of the called covers the other.
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by inforesource: 7:42am On Apr 05, 2021
It is a very big problem in our Churches today. It baffles me. We're just joking with serious issues.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by dikeigbo2(m): 8:08am On Apr 05, 2021
as the next of kin in business circle.....
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by donnaheff: 8:57am On Apr 05, 2021
donbachi:
going by your statement, it means you would receive treatment from the spouse of a physician. Even the Bible acknowledges that Simon Peter was married but never mentioned his wife as part of his ministry. The only couple who was mentioned are Ananias and Sapphira, yet they received their callings differently. To buttress this, when they were being interrogated, each was interrogated independent of the other and punished likewise.
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by ultimatekint(m): 9:49am On Apr 05, 2021
Then , all their children should automatically become pastors also..; including their parents.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by Righteousness2(m): 10:26am On Apr 05, 2021
First of all Spirtual and Carnal things do not go together. The Office of a Pastor is not what you compare with a Doctor, Engineer and all that. They are 2 different paths.

When GOD Changed the Name of Abramham from Abram HE also Change Sarai to Sarah. Sarah was involved.

As long as a wife Submits to the Call of GOD on her Husband, then she becomes involved. She is the backbone of her husband! Spirtually , Physically and otherwise.

If she decides not to submit to the call of GOD on her husband she will not be a part of it.

Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by livingchrist: 10:51am On Apr 05, 2021
It is one of the misdemeanors of today, Peter was a pastor but you never hear of Peter's wife being called a pastor.
The ministry of pastoralship is for qualified men but in many of these so called churches especially peticostal churches, there is so much disorderliness and disobedience to the word of God hence making these churches a play ground for satan and his false teachers and prophets, anyway the Lord knows his own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:41am On Apr 05, 2021
I love this reply!

The little addition is simple, most religionsts don't understand that whatever makes a man qualified for the office of oversight in the Christian congregation his wife also automatically qualifies for the same position because they're one in spirit.
The only difference between true Christianity and what most Churchgoers are doing today is that God's word never permitted women to officiate over baptized male Christians {1Timothy 2:12 Compare to 1Corinthians 14:34} because males are to be recognized FIRST before females {1Corinthians 11:3} but we must accord the wive of a minister the same honour as her husband because any minister who undermines the part his wife played in his Spiritual progress will loose God's favour! 1Peter 3:7

So they surely worth being ministers as well but they can only lead in the midst other women not in the midst of men! smiley

Righteousness2:
First of all Spirtual and Carnal things do not go together. The Office of a Pastor is not what you compare with a Doctor, Engineer and all that. They are 2 different paths.
When GOD Changed the Name of Abramham from Abram HE also Change Sarai to Sarah. Sarah was involved.
As long as a wife Submits to the Call of GOD on her Husband, then she becomes involved. She is the backbone of her husband! Spirtually , Physically and otherwise.
If she decides not to submit to the call of GOD on her husband she will not be a part of it.

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by reubenobi(m): 1:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I love this reply!

The little addition is simple, most religionsts don't understand that whatever makes a man qualified for the office of oversight in the Christian congregation his wife also automatically qualifies for the same position because they're one in spirit.
The only difference between true Christianity and what most Churchgoers are doing today is that God's word never permitted women to officiate over baptized male Christians {1Timothy 2:12 Compare to 1Corinthians 14:34} because males are to be recognized FIRST before females {1Corinthians 11:3} but we must accord the wive of a minister the same honour as her husband because any minister who undermines the part his wife played in his Spiritual progress will loose God's favour! 1Peter 3:7

So they surely worth being ministers as well but they can only lead in the midst other women not in the midst of men! smiley

Max Max..
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by hassana45502: 1:42pm On Apr 05, 2021
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by donnaheff: 1:59pm On Apr 05, 2021
Righteousness2:

I hope you know that Abraham had several wives and not just Sarah? As far as the Bible is concerned, there's no where it is stated that the others didn't submit to him. However, that portion of the Bible is irrelevant to the discourse at hand cos Abraham was not call to preach the gospel but to Obedience. Why not use an example of someone called to preach. Even in times of old, the prophet wives were not prophetesses.

Give me a concrete evidence from the Bible that one's call to evangelize the word affects his spouse.
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by Kobojunkie: 2:01pm On Apr 05, 2021
donnaheff:
Please House, I need clarification. If the spouse of a doctor doesn't automatically become a doctor, the spouse of an Engineer is not automatically an Engineer, the spouse of a Politician is not automatically a Politician, why does the spouse of a Pastor automatically qualify as a Pastor? I would be super happy if responses are backed by the scriptures
Na family business now! undecided

By having more shareholders in the family, they have greater control over decisions making process. It is all about business and expanding influence in the Kingdom of men, nothing more. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by Kobojunkie: 2:04pm On Apr 05, 2021
livingchrist:
It is one of the misdemeanors of today, Peter was a pastor but you never hear of Peter's wife being called a pastor.
The ministry of pastoralship is for qualified men but in many of these so called churches especially peticostal churches, there is so much disorderliness and disobedience to the word of God hence making these churches a play ground for satan and his false teachers and prophets, anyway the Lord knows his own.
Peter was not a pastor... He was a sheep like every other sheep and goat in Jesus Christ's flock. undecided

God Himself declared that He alone would be Shepherd/Teacher over His flock,in Ezekiel 34 -He fired all of the previous shepherds (the Priests and Teachers of the Law, Neighbors, etc.), installing Himself as the one and only Shepherd of His flock, in His new administration/Kingdom. undecided
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by Kobojunkie: 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2021
donbachi:
Grace of the called? The rate at which you folks manufacture/gobble up this bullsheet is unbelievable! undecided

First of all, Jesus Christ told you that your marriages have nothing to do with the Kingdom of God -they are of this world. He told you this 2000 years ago, so why do you still allowed your mind(the devil in this case) lie to you in this when the Truth is in front of you to feed yourself with? undecided

The same Jesus Christ also let you know that the New Covenant that is He , is an agreement between God and each man -no group signing of any kind, so why do you think that your spouses are "covered" in a plan that provides no mention of such a covering even existing? What you do is akin to jumping headfirst into Hell before the gate is even thrown open. undecided

Grace simply means eternal life. So what does "grace of the called" mean for Pete's sake? undecided
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by Kobojunkie: 2:14pm On Apr 05, 2021
ultimatekint:
Then , all their children should automatically become pastors also..; including their parents.
Oh, there are many examples like that too in the business world.. it is all about keeping it in the family...control-wise that is. undecided
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2021
inforesource:
It is a very big problem in our Churches today. It baffles me. We're just joking with serious issues.
Your joke started the day you decided to put your faith in the churches of men instead of God. undecided
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by Eviana(f): 5:31pm On Apr 05, 2021
donnaheff:
Please House, I need clarification. If the spouse of a doctor doesn't automatically become a doctor, the spouse of an Engineer is not automatically an Engineer, the spouse of a Politician is not automatically a Politician, why does the spouse of a Pastor automatically qualify as a Pastor?I would be super happy if responses are backed by the scriptures

It should not occur. She does not qualify.
I had never heard of such a thing till I came to Nairaland.

In the U.S., the wives of the pastors are referred to as "first ladies", (which I think is unnecessary), but not "pastor & pastor".
She is not automatically qualified to take a role for which she is not divinely "called" just because she's the wife.

There are "0" scriptures that support wives automatically becoming pastors because of their husbands. You will never find any.

It is unscriptural (and man-made)...and I say this affirmatively as a woman myself (who is not a feminist...although women should be treated with dignity & respect).

One step further, biblically, men are called to fulfill the role of "pastor"...not women.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by inforesource: 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your joke started the day you decided to put your faith in the churches of men instead of God. undecided
You lack full understanding of the subject matter.
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2021
inforesource:
You lack full understanding of the subject matter.
So you think you do? undecided

Ezekiel 34 vs 9-16 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. So, you shepherds, listen to the word of the Lord!
10. The Lord God says, “I am against the shepherds. I will demand my sheep from them. I will fire them. They will not be my shepherds anymore. Then the shepherds will not be able to feed themselves, and I will save my flock from their mouths. Then my sheep will not be food for them.”
11. The Lord God says, “I myself will be their Shepherd. I will search for my sheep and take care of them.
12. If a shepherd is with his sheep when they begin to wander away, he will go searching for them. In the same way I will search for my sheep. I will save them and bring them back from all the places where they were scattered on that dark and cloudy day.
13. I will bring them back from those nations. I will gather them from those countries and bring them back to their own land. I will feed them on the mountains of Israel, by the streams, and in all the places where people live.
14. I will lead them to grassy fields. They will go to the place high on the mountains of Israel and lie down on good ground and eat the grass. They will eat in rich grassland on the mountains of Israel.
15. Yes, I will feed my flock, and I will lead them to a place of rest.” This is what the Lord God said.
16. “I will search for the lost sheep. I will bring back the sheep that were scattered and put bandages on the sheep that were hurt. I will make the weak sheep strong, but I will destroy the fat and powerful shepherds. I will feed them the punishment they deserve.”
God decided Himself the Shepherd of His flock in His New Covenant, so who are the imposters who you call Pastors? lipsrsealed
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by donnaheff: 6:34am On Apr 06, 2021
I think we should tag lala to take this to the frontpage for more opinion
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by Eviana(f): 2:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
Donnaheff,
Let me offer my most sincere apologies, but the thread won't make front page because of my presence on it...and I am dead serious.
Otherwise, you would've probably had a fighting chance.
I hope you still will find more answers somehow or somewhere else... smiley
Re: Why Does The Spouse Of A Pastor Automatically Become A Pastor by Kobojunkie: 3:06pm On Apr 06, 2021
donnaheff:
I think we should tag lala to take this to the frontpage for more opinion
Go ahead and request it be put there. There are so many so called pastors who need to be woke instead. grin

Seun, moderators, do you mind hosting this thread on front page beginning today please? undecided

(1) (Reply)

COOKING: Just Be Angry With Your Poverty Not Your WIFE - Pastor David Ibiyeomio / Presumptuous Sins. / Apostle Johnson Suleman React To his Alleged Leaked Nude Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.