Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,820 members, 7,956,090 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:31 AM

Attack on Imo Police HQ : Testosterone and Bullets. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack on Imo Police HQ : Testosterone and Bullets. (603 Views)

Nigerian Army Reacts To Foiled Attack On Imo Police Area Command / Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election / Fada Oluoma Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict On Imo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack on Imo Police HQ : Testosterone and Bullets. by knightsTempler: 5:20pm On Apr 05, 2021
I remember in 2016 when I traveled to Ekwulobia via Asaba airport for a Nigerian Breweries activation and I passed through Onitsha.

There were snipers with flak helmets stationed above the Niger Bridge and military roadblocks with sandbags on the main road through Onitsha.

There were assault rifles peeking out above the sandbags and sniper rifles on tripods pointing at ordinary passenger vehicles going past.

You would have thought these guys were scanning for IEDs in a hot zone in fucking Fullujah, not cosplaying GI Joe near Onitsha Main Market.

You could hear comments from people in the vehicle and their tone, and you could feel a very deep sense of resentment at being treated like they were subjects under martial law in a territory under hostile occupation.

I didnt even live there and I felt oppressed!

Wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out that all of this was doing the EXACT OPPOSITE of weakening Nnamdi Kanu, but was actually helping him to make his point and recruit more people.

But to semi literate cattle herders, every problem is solved by hitting a cow with a stick.

This is why electing smart people is paramount. A smart president, or at least a president smart enough to surround himself with those smarter than him, would have known that arresting Nnamdi Kanu or prescribing IPOB in the first place was the stupidest possible move.

But hey, this is what Nigeria voted for.

Testosterone and bullets.

Adolph Hitler but without sense.

- By David Hundeyin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack on Imo Police HQ : Testosterone and Bullets. by White007(m): 5:33pm On Apr 05, 2021
The whole of SE is militarized with all types of gestapo styled uniform men, yet herdsmen strike every now and then , operate for hours razing a whole village with no response or arrest. They only arrest and imprison the villagers who defend themselves

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack on Imo Police HQ : Testosterone and Bullets. by OnyeOlokoro(m): 5:44pm On Apr 05, 2021
knightsTempler:
I remember in 2016 when I traveled to Ekwulobia via Asaba airport for a Nigerian Breweries activation and I passed through Onitsha.

There were snipers with flak helmets stationed above the Niger Bridge and military roadblocks with sandbags on the main road through Onitsha.

There were assault rifles peeking out above the sandbags and sniper rifles on tripods pointing at ordinary passenger vehicles going past.

You would have thought these guys were scanning for IEDs in a hot zone in fucking Fullujah, not cosplaying GI Joe near Onitsha Main Market.

You could hear comments from people in the vehicle and their tone, and you could feel a very deep sense of resentment at being treated like they were subjects under martial law in a territory under hostile occupation.

Wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out that all of this was doing the EXACT OPPOSITE of weakening Nnamdi Kanu, but was actually helping him to make his point and recruit more people.

But to semi literate cattle herders, every problem is solved by hitting a cow with a stick.

This is why electing smart people is paramount. A smart president, or at least a president smart enough to surround himself with those smarter than him, would have known that arresting Nnamdi Kanu or prescribing IPOB in the first place was the stupidest possible move.

- By David Hundeyin
more volume Sir
Re: Attack on Imo Police HQ : Testosterone and Bullets. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 05, 2021
knightsTempler:

- By David Hundeyin

My brother, am happy you saw how igbos live in their region. I had a friend who was travelling from surulere to the south east for an evangelistic programme. I asked him to leave his car and travel by public transport, he refused. He set out and before he could reach his destination, all the security checkpoints had emptied him of all the money on him. He at a point had to visit atm points to withdraw all the money in his account to settle before he could get to his destination. After his program in the east, he had to call his wife to send money to him before he could come back. By the time he came back to lagos, he was asking me if this was what igbos go thru in the south east.
Do you know that security agents lobby and bribe within their agencies to be posted to the south east. They all see igbos as people whom you can victimize and they will part with money for peace to reign. They see them as orphans with no father that will come to their rescue from Abuja.
For years, I have been praying that the security forces will understand how igbos behave and stop the exploitation. There is a limit igbos will endure subjugation and they will fight back and when they do, it is always more sophisticated and louder. And an igbo man can run for you, but will never run from you in his ancestral home.
But unfortunately, the igbophobia the fulani has transferred to almost the rest of Nigeria didn't let them know when to back pedal on their victimization and exploitation. And now, the chicken has come home to roost

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack on Imo Police HQ : Testosterone and Bullets. by Nwaotu10(m): 6:24pm On Apr 05, 2021
I remember when I travelled for a wedding in the south east with my northern friend/colleague, he was confounded on the number of security roadblock we met on the road before getting to our destination.

He made it known to me that it was not so in the north. He even felt pity for the driver that conveyed us. The policemen in one of the checkpoints even ordered all of us in the vehicle to come down, and we were searched thoroughly and embarrassingly as if we were criminals.

Stop Road block in the East.
The civil war is over.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack on Imo Police HQ : Testosterone and Bullets. by InteriorGuy: 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2021
I was on my way to sokoto two weeks ago. A Fulani woman was complaining bitterly at how the east would turn to borno if they continue behaving the way they do. I kept quiet with other easterners in the vehicle. We reached the only check point that collected money from the driver. The driver didn't have change so he gave the police officer 500 naira to give him change. Surprisingly to some us, the police officer gave him change. One easterner asked the driver how it happened. I laughed and asked her whether she's surprised. She answered in affirmative. This made the Fulani woman not talk again in the bus till we reached sokoto
Re: Attack on Imo Police HQ : Testosterone and Bullets. by Tangiblehandwork: 6:58pm On Apr 05, 2021
The military checkpoint don too much for east

1 Like

Re: Attack on Imo Police HQ : Testosterone and Bullets. by stonemasonn: 7:21pm On Apr 05, 2021
It was initially because of the high rate of crime especially at the Onitsha axis...the police could not it handle it so the military was sent in...I rememeber the Bakasi boys too.
Re: Attack on Imo Police HQ : Testosterone and Bullets. by mike8804: 7:26pm On Apr 05, 2021
Imo police headquarters set ablaze.
NPF: Fish out the Igbos involved in the case (without any investigation)
IPOB: we have no hand in it.
Nigerian Airforce jet exploded.
BokoHaram: we're responsible, this is your proof.
NAF: No you didn't do it. It was an accident.

I support my Igbo brothers on this, one love. it's time to teach this bloody officers what is meant to be oppressed in your own land

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

NAF Neutralises Bandits Congregating To Attack A Community In Kaduna / Breaking: Mfm’s Olukoya Loses To Maureen Badejo, Popular Blogger In US Court / Ministry Of Agriculture To Award N30m Contract For The Construction Of A Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.