Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail (2818 Views)

Kogi: Buhari Setting Nigeria On Path Of Anarchy – Fayose / Buhari On Hard-won Path To Historic Victory - Premiumtimes / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by doctorT(m): 11:19am On May 06, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It's high time we bring government official stealing public funds to book in Nigeria. Unless I can't see us going any where because no one will sit tight in Nigeria,
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by monkeyleg: 12:50pm On May 06, 2011
e go hard the guy. For me, if he spends 1year in jail @ least he comes out an ex-convict. But I doubt he would escape with less that 10yrs. others are serving 5 and 7 for his crimes, kingpin will get more.

so no salaries for his Lecturers? na wah oh
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by playmode(m): 1:23pm On May 06, 2011
I don't support jailing these corrupt politicians .It is a slap on the face of Nigerians when they do that because these politicians still get to stay in prison cells customized with plasma screen ,jacuzzi baths e.t.c

We should be doing what they are doing in china.Corrupt politicians should be executed by firing squad.If a few politicians are executed live on Tv,i guarantee you that corruption will reduce by 90%.

Unfortunately you won't see that happening because the man in charge (GEJ) is no different from Ibori.It is a matter of Thief catch thief.
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 06, 2011
playmode:

I don't support jailing these corrupt politicians .It is a slap on the face of Nigerians when they do that because these politicians still get to stay in prison cells customized with plasma screen ,jacuzzi baths e.t.c

We should be doing what they are doing in china.Corrupt politicians should be executed by firing squad.If a few politicians are executed live on Tv,i guarantee you that corruption will reduce by 90%.

Unfortunately you won't see that happening because the man in charge (GEJ) is no different from Ibori.It is a matter of Thief catch thief.

Really it won't happen not in this country
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by monkeyleg: 3:03pm On May 06, 2011
@Playmode,

Prison no matter where is not as nice as you make it out to be. The mere fact that a Large figure / notorious self styled Ogidigbodigbo, can be incacerated for more than 1 year is definitely a very bad thing. The repercautions are massive.

Ibori, wont find it that easy to travel about. He will have to declare forever that he is an ex-convict, and in most cases would be treated as one. His life will never be the same. He will be sconed and abused by the bold to his face, and by the weak in his back. The shame will live with him forever.
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 06, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Playmode,

Prison no matter where is not as nice as you make it out to be. The mere fact that a Large figure / notorious self styled Ogidigbodigbo, can be incacerated for more than 1 year is definitely a very bad thing. The repercautions are massive.

Ibori, wont find it that easy to travel about. He will have to declare forever that he is an ex-convict, and in most cases would be treated as one. His life will never be the same. He will be sconed and abused by the bold to his face, and by the weak in his back. The shame will live with him forever.
Now I'm really sorry for him, having so much money but no respect, very pitiable
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by monkeyleg: 3:24pm On May 06, 2011
@blink182,

exactly. He is finished. The only place he might get a bit of face saving respect is in Nigeria, where we do not have shame. everywhere else will be like hell to him. He wont find it easy to get visa anymore, He should practically forget Europe or the US, they will defintely nail him.

Look at World renowed writer Jeffery Archer. After his stint in jail, no one want to know him, in fact he got expelled from the conservative party, and most dis-associate themselves from him. Its really bad.

Ibori, will have all that money, but will feel worse than a leper.

Uduaghan is next
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 06, 2011
^^^
Then he should come to nigeria after serving and start marrying young girls and having wild parties in Oghara. He could resume as god father and install governors. Delta state is so hopeless-I know too well that when this man comes back to Delta state, the party held for Bode will be a starter, he will be treated like someone that discovered the cure to AIDS and given chieftancy titles all over the place. At least it ends in delta state but then he could resume as a national politician not to be elected to a federal office but appointed at worst, he could even be given a presidential pardon and allowed to run for political office
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by rasputinn(m): 3:58pm On May 06, 2011
monkeyleg:

Uduaghan is next

I eagerly await that time

Now that Ogboru has learnt that he cannot go it alone but needs to build bridges across party lines,make and take concessions,that day might actually come sooner than later(won't say more than this for now)
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by monkeyleg: 4:02pm On May 06, 2011
@Blink182,

We can only hope that the good people of Our state get some sort of restitution for the Ibori years. If Nigerians choose to celebrate a criminal, well that is up to them. As far as the international community is concerned, Ibori would be an ex-con / grand thief, who would not be allowed into any country. The Americans and British I know will disgrace him, but also the well educated and good people of nigeria will shun him. He can only make mouth and acquire new wives and be honoured in the cesspit which he belongs
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by monkeyleg: 4:05pm On May 06, 2011
@rasputinn,

if you know anything, better share with your brother. I have booked my flight to the UK for Ibori's trial in June. I have also been consulting with barrister friends of mine in the UK, Ibori is in hot water. He is probably on latrine duty this week @ wandsworth prison
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by rasputinn(m): 4:16pm On May 06, 2011
blink182:

^^^
Then he should come to nigeria after serving and start marrying young girls and having wild parties in Oghara. He could resume as god father and install governors. Delta state is so hopeless-I know too well that when this man comes back to Delta state, the party held for Bode will be a starter, he will be treated like someone that discovered the cure to AIDS and given chieftancy titles all over the place. At least it ends in delta state but then he could resume as a national politician not to be elected to a federal office but appointed at worst, he could even be given a presidential pardon and allowed to run for political office

Please don't be a wet blanket,allow us to savour the sweetness and satisfaction of Ibori's impending residency in the gulag.Do you even think he will survive the jail term?even if he does,he would've been seriously diminished;politically,economically,emotionally and otherwise to be any force to reckon with in Delta state after serving a jail term of not less than 7 years
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by rasputinn(m): 4:26pm On May 06, 2011
monkeyleg:

@rasputinn,

if you know anything, better share with your brother. I have booked my flight to the UK for Ibori's trial in June. I have also been consulting with barrister friends of mine in the UK, Ibori is in hot water. He is probably on latrine duty this week @ wandsworth prison

My broda,all I can say that reason will prevail at the appropriate time then there will be major re-alignment of political forces to make matters easier for Ogboru at the tribunal,just so Delta State will be freed from the choke hold of the remnants of the Ibori clique as represented by Uduaghan.Great Ogboru is proving to be reasonable after all,he just needs to do the needful to assure all stakeholders,,,,,,,,,then Uduaghan WILL BE MINCE MEAT
That day will come
Re: Ibori Path To 14yrs Jail by monkeyleg: 4:30pm On May 06, 2011
Nigerians are already queing up to hail insults at the thief. By the time he comes out, he will be drained.

http://www.nationaldailyngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5504:iboris-trial-nigerians-storm-london-court-&catid=99:current-cover&Itemid=489

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Oga At The Top Guys and Babes Pictures / Is Fashola Angry With Aregbesola? (pix) / Facts About "APC" Controlled States And "PDP"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.