Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians (41897 Views)

Atiku Not In US: Nigerian Embassy / Atiku Not Travelling To US, Set For Campaigns Today – Sources / Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Pidgin: 'Why I Dey Support Atiku Not Buhari' (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Mosesvic11(m): 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2021
TroubleMaker47:

An immigrant in US can contest for mayor, governor, senator etc BUT CAN NEVER CONTEST FOR PRESIDENT!.
It's illogical to allow someone who is not a citizen by birth to lead a nation!
You'll never know where his true loyalty lies when push comes to shove!
you guys are too gullible
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by ajl: 1:21pm On Apr 06, 2021
IamNumeroUno:
The Vice president seems to be working so hard. You claim the world is a global village and Fulanis from Futa Jalon can reside anywhere, feed on any crop, even if it were planted by farmers, installed emirs in Kwara, Nasarawa and Plateau, yet won't want to see a man who has spent all his life in Nigeria contest?

Barrack Obama was not born in the US either.
Also son of immigrants, none of his biological parent was originally American, yet he was elected twice as US president.

Let Vice president Malami chill.

Where did you get the info that Obama wasn't born in the USA? First, he was born in Hawaii, a US territory to a white American mother and Kenya father. Are you one of Trump supporters that live on lies and push such without shame?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by IamNumeroUno: 1:31pm On Apr 06, 2021
ajl:

Where did you get the info that Obama wasn't born in the USA? First, he was born in Hawaii, a US territory to a white American mother and Kenya father. Are you one of Trump supporters that live on lies and push such without shame?

I guess I should have said that he was not born in North America before you lots understand.
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Forumobserver12(m): 1:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
Most of these northern elites are not from Nigeria, check their history very well and you will understand why they value their brothers from Chad and Niger than fellow Nigerians...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Goke7: 1:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
Sammerboi:
This is showing one thing that most this so called Hausa Fulani folks ruling us are not indigenes of this country. I blame the Hausas for all this mess from Buhari, Atiku and even Abacha sef all of them their parents weren’t Nigerians. And see how they make it through our weak system.

It's really a pity. No wonder the low level of patriotism.
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Goke7: 1:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
ogbonti:
In as much as I am not against Atiku but I do realize that in politics when dem tie story like this round your neck - e don be for you grin

grin if atiku does not quench this fire on time, oinn for him o

Cameronian as nigerian president, chai there is God o
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Omoboricash(m): 1:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
TroubleMaker47:

A naturalized citizen can be governor, senator BUT NOT PRESIDENT.
Okay sir . Thank u for the enlightenment. I'm not a lawyer anyway, I wouldn't have know much about constitution

1 Like

Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Goke7: 1:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
duni04:
Not a fan of Nigerian politics but this ought to be the most ridiculous legal argument i have ever heard. How can someone who was born in a town in present day Nigeria be excluded from contesting elections as a Nigerian because the town was in another country before he was born?
Joda is a town in pressnt day Nigeria, why on earth would someone in Abuja deny anyone in Joda the chance to contest any election because joda was once in Cameroon as far back as 1961

Absolutely ridiculous!!!

The Supreme court would have to step in to properly interprete the law in this case. They need to set a precedent on whether conferred citizenship is retrogressive more so in this very unusual case where another territory was absorbed. I'm sure one of the conditions for joining Nigeria un 1961 would have been promises from the Nigerian side that their rights to full benefits associated with being citizens of Nigeria would not be trampled on. Atiku should introduce that in his defence.

It may look ridiculous but what does our constitution say? I laugh at those rooting for gej as president again after taking the oath of president twice already. There is even a constitutional amendment to that now if as deputy governor or vice president you taker over from your dead boss, you can't have a second term

1 Like

Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by andepower: 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2021
Most of the political big wigs from northern Nigeria are from the neighboring countries. Remember Shugaba, Ubah Ahmed... even Daura houses mostly Nigeriens

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 06, 2021
IamNumeroUno:

You're the ignorant one here.
I repeat, Obama is the son of immigrant parents. His mother is of English, German descent. He was born outside of North America.

If by virtue of his lineage and mixed race, he qualifies to govern the US, how then is Atiku who is alleged to come from same continent and is also a Black man and raised in Nigeria not qualified?

You cannot successfully have an educative argument without resorting to insults and name calling, so pathetic.

Hawaii is a territory of the United State but NOT in North America.

Go read more about citizenship from territorial habitats in the case of Hong Kong, Britain and China and stop embarrassing yourself on public forum.

Are you daft or something this man? Why argue with facts that you can easily verify yourself online. Being of a certain decent does not make you an Immigrant. Everybody in America apart from the native Indians is descendent from somewhere else. Obama's mother was born in KANSAS, USA on the 29th of November 1942. SHE WAS NOT AN IMMIGRANT!!!! Even both her parents were born in America too. if you are too lazy to research yourself then you can read about her here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Dunham

Hawaii is not a territory of the United states it is a full US state and counted as one of the 50 states of the US. Its has a star on the flag!!!!!! My God you are stupid. At least read mahn!!!! I cannot continue to argue with you until you at least get the basics right.

Look at the full list of US states and territories here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_and_territories_of_the_United_States

Tell me if you see Hawaii under state or territory Ode.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by jumobi1(m): 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2021
duni04:
Not a fan of Nigerian politics but this ought to be the most ridiculous legal argument i have ever heard. How can someone who was born in a town in present day Nigeria be excluded from contesting elections as a Nigerian because the town was in another country before he was born?
Joda is a town in pressnt day Nigeria, why on earth would someone in Abuja deny anyone in Joda the chance to contest any election because joda was once in Cameroon as far back as 1961

Absolutely ridiculous!!!

The Supreme court would have to step in to properly interprete the law in this case. They need to set a precedent on whether conferred citizenship is retrogressive more so in this very unusual case where another territory was absorbed. I'm sure one of the conditions for joining Nigeria un 1961 would have been promises from the Nigerian side that their rights to full benefits associated with being citizens of Nigeria would not be trampled on. Atiku should introduce that in his defence.

Malami is just playing politics. I doubt he’s that daft. As long as Joda is part of present day Nigeria, Atiku’s right to run can’t be abridged. He’s as Nigerian as can be.
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by NairaMaster1(m): 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2021
inoki247:
lol even the one wey dey dere no qualify....

Cos is not mentally Sound nd is cluelessness is on another level like Raise to power 100....

You mean the Niger republic man now jubrin the son of duck seller from Sudan?
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Kwunume: 1:55pm On Apr 06, 2021
He is not fit to context for the presidency but he is fit to be the vice president. Nigeria who do you this thing?
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
Nigeria sit of power has turn to a mockery. A country where anything goes
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by DaviitechRamos: 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2021
you guys are clones, after contesting for the first and failed now he cant contest again....too bad Nigeria my country
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by EmekaA125(m): 2:06pm On Apr 06, 2021
Until he emerges PDP Presidential candidate for 2023.
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Goke7: 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2021
andepower:
Most of the political big wigs from northern Nigeria are from the neighboring countries. Remember Shugaba, Ubah Ahmed... even Daura houses mostly Nigeriens

Our borders especially the northern borders are just too porous, we are just living with lots of aliens, no wonder they do not give a damn if the country burns to the ground.

Imagine katsina being pummeled by bandits and the president does not even care about his home state. Something is really amiss. Look at abacha the way he looted nigeria. These fellows don't just care mhen cos their citizenship are in doubt.

It's no open secret the fulanis are not indigenous to Nigeria cos from the north eastern part to the north western part they claim so many states as their origin. When you look at tribes in Nigeria they are confined to a particular geographical space within Nigeria, the yoruba to the west, igbo to the east. You can't see a yoruba man from cross river or an igbo man from kwara. Tivs are confined to benue or taraba or neighboring states likewise nupes from kwara.and Niger states. But a fulani can claim far northeast of adamawa as his origin and another fulani claiming sokoto or niger state far northwest as his origin, mhen this is a scam indeed. We know where the swahilis in Africa are geographically located. Even the kanuris are located in the northeast spilling into neighbouring cameroon and Chad.

But how can fulanis be from Guniea or Senegal and Nigeria the same time, poles apart omo e no balance at all. No wonder the restlessness in countries like mali and burkina faso. Something is amiss. No respect for boundaries, no trade or occupation should be an excuse for rubbish and nonsense
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by IamNumeroUno: 2:24pm On Apr 06, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:

Are you daft or something this man? Why argue with facts that you can easily verify yourself online. Being of a certain decent does not make you an Immigrant. Everybody in America apart from the native Indians is descendent from somewhere else. Obama's mother was born in KANSAS, USA on the 29th of November 1942. SHE WAS NOT AN IMMIGRANT!!!! Even both her parents were born in America too. if you are too lazy to research yourself then you can read about her here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Dunham

Hawaii is not a territory of the United states it is a full US state and counted as one of the 50 states of the US. Its has a star on the flag!!!!!! My God you are stupid. At least read mahn!!!! I cannot continue to argue with you until you at least get the basics right.

Look at the full list of US states and territories here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_states_and_territories_of_the_United_States

Tell me if you see Hawaii under state or territory Ode.

You are just a big disgrace to your family in particular and the society at large.
Have you responded to the fact that Hawaii is not in North America?
Why is Hawaii not in North America when North America is a continent of its own? And what is the meaning of a territory? Was Hawaii an independent nation or not? Are there questions of illegal secession or not?
Who is an immigrant? Why do they refer to blacks as descendants of slaves, even when their fathers were sold into slavery over 400 years ago?

you just rush to Wikipedia and copy verbatim and hope to argue with that, forgetting that there is always connotative and denotative meaning to every write-up. You are just so childish. Tell me, are you in senior secondary school or first, second year student of the higher institution who is opportune to have a browsing phone, internet and knowledge of Wikipedia? I will not respond to you again. You can't pay for the lessons I have given already.
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Downey(f): 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2021
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Varane feeling funky...dude should focus on their match against Liverpool... The 2008 _2012 Barcelona was arguably the best soccer team in the last two decades. In those years Real Madrid massively underperformed in domestic competition and in Europe. Kudos to United, in 2011 they were the champions of Europe when they faced Barca.
''I love seeing Real Madrid lose.
It's my daily medicine, weekly energy, monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation. That's the only reason i'm still alive. I was born to enyoy and love their failure''
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by sandygechy(f): 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
Barack Obama was born in the United States.
IamNumeroUno:
The Vice president seems to be working so hard. You claim the world is a global village and Fulanis from Futa Jalon can reside anywhere, feed on any crop, even if it were planted by farmers, installed emirs in Kwara, Nasarawa and Plateau, yet won't want to see a man who has spent all his life in Nigeria contest?

Barrack Obama was not born in the US either.
Also son of immigrants, none of his biological parent was originally American, yet he was elected twice as US president.

Let Vice president Malami chill.
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Downey(f): 2:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lamasta:

Bia nna who do you this
It's my daily medicine, weekly energy, monthly inspiration and my yearly motivation. That's the only reason i'm still alive. I was born to enyoy and love their failure''
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Patrioticbreed9(m): 2:33pm On Apr 06, 2021
Atleast he has vision! Unlike one bat that the very day he entered london chelsea lost their very first match in 2021, cameroon or donkeyroon atiku is a better leader, ogo no go akuko adighi ya cha cha you cant compare light with darkness odiro possible
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Lamasta(m): 2:33pm On Apr 06, 2021
Downey:
But you have not answered my question now Downey??
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Sleekfingers: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
matrix199:
ode!

Barrack Obama that his parents were from Kenya nko?

This Malami is really a 'mallam'

obama was born in the united states......by their law he is an american, where his parents are from means nothing......

But nigeria law says otherwise.....you must be born in nigeria to a nigerian parents....especially your dad......
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by keypha1: 2:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
Chife Jorge of APC, not chife Jorge of Nigeria, your shame dey shame me, talking senseless.
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by IamNumeroUno: 2:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
sandygechy:
Barack Obama was born in the United States.

Yeah, Yeah!
Barrack Obama was born in Hawaii, a former independent state but in the United States now, yet, not in NORTH AMERICA like United States.

Atiku was born in Jada, a village which was then under the administration of the British Cameroons but currently, a town in Nigeria's Adamawa State. What then is the point of argument here?
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by ogbonti: 2:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
Goke7:

grin if atiku does not quench this fire on time, oinn for him o

Cameronian as nigerian president, chai there is God o

hahahahaha the story no good for atiku at all chai
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by WATCHMANX: 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
...but Buharis parents are Nigeriens
Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
popesco123:

UMAHI OR OSIBANJO WILL BE CUMMING IN 2023

They can all cum in their wives if they like.

Nigeria will cease to exist before 2023 by the grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Malami: Atiku Not Fit To Contest For President, His Parents Are Cameroonians by Downey(f): 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lamasta:

But you have not answered my question now Downey??
What's the question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari & Wife, Aisha Share A Close Moment Together At The State House / Labour Party Town Hall Meeting In Enugu (pictures) / Rivers Governorship Election Updates By Governor Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.