Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,805 members, 7,820,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts (44320 Views)

Naira Marley: FG Suspends Flight Company Indefinitely For Flying Singer To Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Walkee: 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
It should read Nigerian "influencer"
Who are they influencing?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Eillyeillz(m): 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
collinometricx:

I don't think they are ever getting it back..
It's connected to the US govt

You'd see
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by LearnEasy(m): 2:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
This is an opportunity,

Become an influencer on fansloft.com and earn from brands by posting and making videos about their products
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by maasoap(m): 2:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
Fibonacci88:
Very good. Many of them applauded the suspension of Donald Trump's ACC. The table has turned. In all honesty Something needs to be done about big Tech like Twitter Facebook and d likes gaging ppl from expressing thier views .

Inciting the citizens, making propaganda and disseminating wrong and sensational information to the gullible is far from expression of views.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by naptu2: 2:55pm On Apr 06, 2021
27Pushing30:

Was the Endsars hastag not coordinated? yet Twitter even gave them an Emoji?

Twitter being an American company doesn't mean it is not an International platform for airing opinions.

All i see is censorship.

The End SARS hashtag grew organically because many people were talking about it. I bet you that those influencers had never heard of Alex Saab before they were paid to trend the hashtag.

There are no freedoms that are absolute. Every freedom has its limit.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by 27Pushing30: 3:01pm On Apr 06, 2021
naptu2:

The End SARS hashtag grew organically because many people were talking about it. I bet you that those influencers had never heard of Alex Saab before they were paid to trend the hashtag.

There are no freedoms that are absolute. Every freedom has its limit.

Ensars did not grow organically, it was pushed by these influencers and people adopted it.

Bruv lets call a spade a spade

How many Nigerians have heard of Myanmar? yet it trended which day?

Abeg make we no lie give ourself it's all CENSORSHIP.

If e no fit into their agenda dem go censor am. That's why i hope Naija opne day reaches China's level where we can choose who operates within our territory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by naptu2: 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
27Pushing30:

Ensars did not grow organically, it was pushed by these influencers and people adopted it.

It grew organically as a response to several incidents involving policemen. People were already talking about it before the influencers jumped on the bandwagon. It had been trending periodically since 2016 or 2017 and every time it trended was in response to an act of police brutality or a suspected act of police brutality.

Most of the people that were talking about it were not paid to talk about it.

Myanmar trended because it was on all the satellite news channels. In fact, it was being talked about daily on the NTA, Channels TV, etc.

How many times have you seen Channels TV refer to Alex Saab?

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Ishilove: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2021
naptu2:

It grew organically as a response to several incidents involving policemen. People were already talking about it before the influencers jumped on the bandwagon. It had been trending periodically since 2016 or 2017 and every time it trended was in response to an act of police brutality or a suspected act of police brutality.

Myanmar trended because it was on all the satellite news channels. In fact, it was being talked about daily on the NTA, Channels TV, etc.

Which 'controversial trend' caused this present fuckery?
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by naptu2: 3:14pm On Apr 06, 2021
Ishilove:

Ooh! You didn't see my explanations? Be right back, I'm on my way to copy them for you.
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Ishilove: 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2021
naptu2:

Ooh! You didn't see my explanations? Be right back, I'm on my way to copy them for you.
I didn't o
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by naptu2: 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2021
Ishilove:

naptu2:
The Alex Saab saga.

The US Government has been opposed to the Venezuelan Government since the days of Hugo Chavez. Alex Saab is a Venezuelan-Lebanese businessman who is closely linked to the Venezuelan Government.

His private jet stopped over in Cape Verde to refuel and he was detained due to an Interpol red notice. The US Government had declared him wanted on money laundering charges.

Some Nigerian and foreign influencers recently tweeted a hashtag calling on the Cape Verde Government to free him. The people who tweeted that sponsored hashtag had their Twitter accounts suspended.

naptu2:

That's what they do. They get paid to tweet.

I bet most of them had never heard of the guy until they were paid to tweet that hashtag.

naptu2:

1) It is against Twitter rules to coordinate and sponsor a hashtag. Hashtags must grow organically. Anybody that manipulates a hashtag can be suspended and this is the number one reason why many Nigerian influencers are often suspended.

2) Twitter still exists within political spheres, which means that you are not meant to use it to do anything illegal. Twitter is an American company and the US has sanctions against Venezuela.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Onyenna(m): 3:20pm On Apr 06, 2021
naptu2:
The Alex Saab saga.

The US Government has been opposed to the Venezuelan Government since the days of Hugo Chavez. Alex Saab is a Venezuelan-Lebanese businessman who is closely linked to the Venezuelan Government.

His private jet stopped over in Cape Verde to refuel and he was detained due to an Interpol red notice. The US Government had declared him wanted on money laundering charges.

Some Nigerian and foreign influencers recently tweeted a hashtag calling on the Cape Verde Government to free him. The people who tweeted that sponsored hashtag had their Twitter accounts suspended.

Thanks a lot for this info....
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by DD29: 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
Very Good Move , Remain That Of Reno And Ffk
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 06, 2021
NIGERIA WAS BUILT ON FAKE FOUNDATION THAT'S WHY EVERYTHING NIGERIAN DO COMES UP FAKE INCLUDING THE LIFE NIGERIAN LIVE ____80% of Nigeria people prefer to follow-up religion lessons than moral lesson because karma is real under your moral lessons than religion lesson
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 06, 2021
27Pushing30:

Bruv lets call a spade a spade

How many Nigerians have heard of Myanmar? yet it trended which day?

Abeg make we no lie give ourself it's all CENSORSHIP.

If e no fit into their agenda dem go censor am. That's why i hope Naija opne day reaches China's level where we can choose who operates within our territory
welcome to Nigeria
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Classickj(m): 4:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
cletz991:
angry I see twitter going south like yahoo and MySpace
not happening
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Henri8: 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2021
Haba! What's Mbah's crime?
Being hairless?
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by LoriIro1: 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2021
gawu1:

Lowlife animals like you are easy to identify even on a faceless forum.
Were you not one of those useless animals who supported these so called influencer during the endsar protest? Now you have audacity to call them hungry bastard, even labelling false accusations on them.
While, it's not surprising that most idiots with brains clot will ever realize that Buhari supports is from God.
where's your prove
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Brunicekid(m): 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
Pamilerin suspended... Twitter get wahala ooo.
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Bellfun(m): 4:54pm On Apr 06, 2021
naptu2:

Baba you get time oo

Just leave them alone...some will soon tweet/post themselves into prison!

Don't get caught in the crossfire of international espionage/terrorism/corruption/...and CIA and FBI wahala...una no go hear!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by geesolomon1(m): 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2021
MAYBE THEY NEED HELP
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Raypeckson(m): 5:23pm On Apr 06, 2021
Their Chairman > four-eye Edo boi sef got suspended. Not suprise. E matter sef pass yahoo boi matter
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Okoroawusa: 9:19pm On Apr 06, 2021
Awon #ENDSARS influencers
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by Shybucks: 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
Seun or whoever blocks people will see someone insult you directly he/she won’t caution the person ;but the moment you fire back ;he/she blocks you till thy kingdom come;NAIRALAND is not everything;before blocking people;caution them:let there be a warning.
Judolisco:
Jack is finally learning from seun osewa
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by gawu1: 12:07am On Apr 07, 2021
LoriIro1:
where's your prove
Do you have conscience?
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by DAVE5(m): 10:01am On Apr 07, 2021
Osiris12:
Good one

Make Nairaland sef suspend that dead meat griller’s account too

Anytime I’m enjoying a thread, once I just see him post like this ehn, I just mostly close the thread abeg or scroll all the way down cos his nonsense talk go plenty, his folly is really disgusting

1 Like

Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by DAVE5(m): 10:03am On Apr 07, 2021
gawu1:

Lowlife animals like you are easy to identify even on a faceless forum.
Were you not one of those useless animals who supported these so called influencer during the endsar protest? Now you have audacity to call them hungry bastard, even labelling false accusations on them.
While, it's not surprising that most idiots with brains clot will ever realize that Buhari supports is from God.

So this thing happening in Nigeria now is part of God’s plan?

Do you have a conscience at all or because your own family are alright, then God is good and that’s it, other people can go and die?
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by gawu1: 4:10pm On Apr 07, 2021
DAVE5:

So this thing happening in Nigeria now is part of God’s plan?

Do you have a conscience at all or because your own family are alright, then God is good and that’s it, other people can go and die?
You can console yourself to hell, it's your choice.
Re: Twitter Suspends Nigerian Influencers’ Accounts by DAVE5(m): 7:00am On Apr 08, 2021
gawu1:

You can console yourself to hell, it's your choice.

I wasn’t expecting much from you anyways, it’s what you have upstairs you’d produce with your mouth and keyboard

You and I still buy fuel at the same price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dejumo Lewis Dies At 80 / The True Story: D'banj And P-sqaure Are Not Members Of Illuminati:(pix Inside) / Throwback Photos Of Helen Paul And Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.