Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Telling The Story Of Notorious B I G – A Netflix Original Documentary - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Telling The Story Of Notorious B I G – A Netflix Original Documentary (204 Views)

Direct. Download The Notorious B.I.G Ready To Die Songs# / Download Mp3: G-eazy - No Limit (remix) Ft. A$ap Rocky, French Montana, Juicy J / Video: Sky B - I Am Calling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Telling The Story Of Notorious B I G – A Netflix Original Documentary by Olubukola01(m): 11:30am On Apr 06, 2021
A straight-to-Netflix documentary will explore the life of Notorious B.I.G. (aka Biggie)- Christopher Wallace, a legendary Brooklyn rapper. “Biggie: The Life of Notorious B.I.G.” — produced by his mother Voletta Wallace, and Sean “P. Diddy” Combs and directed by Emmet Malloy. Perhaps, this is the legacy biggie would want or how he would want his story to be told. Biggie’s debut album, ‘Ready to Die‘ is not one to forget anytime soon. Likewise his second and last album, ‘Life After Death‘ was released 16 days after Biggie was killed at 24 in a drive-by shooting incident. Since Biggie’s death, talks about him has mostly been about his death, but this new Netflix Original release focuses on what Wallace accomplished in life.

The documentary will take viewers into Biggie’s world as never before. It captures Biggie’s spirit and essence through interviews with his mother and other family members, close friends as well as the artists that collaborated with him throughout his life. Viewers will hear personal stories about what it was like to grow up in Brooklyn, New York during that period. Christopher’s famous adlibs and quotes are woven throughout the documentary, including Biggie’s original songs and freestyles. “I got a story to tell” offers a broad look at Wallace’s meteoric rise, his evolving psyche, and unrealized ambitions.

Unlike other documentaries on Notorious B I G, this focuses mostly on his life before fame. Biggie is widely hailed as one of the greatest to ever get behind the mic and change the sound of New York City. Since his second and final album, ‘Life After Death’, die-hard rap fans have known that the hip hop icon had a story to tell. Just about anyone has something to say about the legendary Brooklyn rapper, but Netflix’s new Original documentary about Biggie tells how much of his story has gone overlooked for years.

According to Biggie’s mother- This will be the first documentary to focus on the experiences of my son’s life and the art of his music rather than the circumstances of his death. It is a celebration of who he was and where he came from. It shows the sort of in-depth storytelling that Christopher loved. This is how he would have wanted to be remembered.” – Ms. Voletta Wallace (mother of The Notorious B.I.G.).

Catch up with the trailer here;

The story of Wallace doesn’t have to be a tragic ending whenever you remember him. Here’s Netflix bringing his childhood story, emotions and tendencies, and how he rose to be a legend in the game. The documentary features the people who knew Wallace best, including his mother, childhood friends, neighbourhood mentors, a former drug dealer- Micheal Chico Del Vec Abraham, and jazz saxophonist- Donald Harrison.

Interviews with celebrities like Diddy, Faith Evans, Lil Cease, and Mark Pitts also help to contextualize Biggie’s transition from the streets to becoming one of the finest and most popular hip hop act.

Some great tracks from Notorious B I G include:

1.Big Poppa

2.Gimme the Loot

3.Juicy

4.Respect

5.Warning

6.I Got a Story to Tell

7.Hypnotize

8.Mo Money Mo Problems

9.Who Shot Ya?

10.Dead Wrong

11.Notorious Thugs

12.One More Chance/Stay With Me (Remix)

13.Nasty Girl

14.Notorious B.I.G.

(1) (Reply)

Teni-wondaland-ep-zip Album Download Mp3 / Www.lekizo.com / Juvenile - Vax That Thang Up (feat Mannie Fresh & Mia X)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.