Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP (61432 Views)

Lagos Residents Boo Usman Alkali Baba, Police Inspector General During Visit / Ohanaeze Condemns The Appointment Of Usman Alkali Baba As Acting IGP / Osinbajo Decorates Usman Alkali, New IGP (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by PS712: 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
techmo:
cool

A whole State command got raided by miscreants, Adamu really fvcked up

But why did Buhari just humiliate Adamu just like that, why fire him while on assessment tour of the scene of crime

It's a shame really. The man was disgraced. Just when he enjoyed full support from the presidency when it was stated he can be in office till 2023. That sacking of a whole police state command headquarters was a slap on his face.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by idealogical: 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
1. I was going to opine that the IG should have been fired a long time ago, but our policing problems has little to do with the IG, but more about Nigerians, ourselves as citizens, we are too criminally minded, too disorderly and lawless, every aspect of pour lives is all about money and we are willing to do anything to get that money including killing, stealing, kidnapping, and banditry.

2. The Nigerian police can not stop or end ethnic and tribal tensions and the communal violence and killings they create, this is not a police problem, this is our individual problem as Nigerians.

3. The Nigerian police at the moment is nothing but a waste of money because all we have now are just men and women in uniform showing up to collect salaries without doing anything. The caliber of people within the police system should not be part of any law enforcement because most are illiterates and very uneducated, they don't know anything about policing and their day to day existence is all about monetizing their uniforms to put money in their pockets and they'll go after money before even paying attention to criminal activities around them, but I must admit that there are a few good ones, the selfless ones that took their jobs seriously and paid the ultimate sacrifice while doing their job, but most are worthless and a waste of resources.

4. Everywhere you go in Nigeria, private and government services are all monetized operations from drivers license to passport office or any government-related functions all get rich quick operations, we are too predisposed to illegalities, love and affection for dishonesty and illegalities, this is our way of life so it's just too hard and almost impossible for any government institution like the police to function.

5. Lastly, we don't have a professional police force, I won't even call them police because they don't function and resemble police in any form, they are poorly trained and educated, ill-equipped and definitely not mentally formatted to fight or go after criminal activities and there are many instances where policemen/women in uniform either watch or walk away from criminal activities.

6. I was going to suggest state police, but many of our governors are thugs and semi illiterates sitting in governors mansions, I see thugs like Wike in Rivers abusing state police and using it to terrorize political opponents and critics, but I'm 100% sure that some states like Lagos state are ready for state police, but not all.

Swapping IGs every day, means nothing, it's still the same old wine in a new bottle, the whole police and law enforcement structure must be scrapped and retooled for optimal efficiency to serve the people.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Moneyboyz: 3:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
Another aboki, when will the yorubas and Igbos get there.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by obailala(m): 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2021
ogbonti:
Any southerner who takes over from Buhari must appoint all service chiefs from his family and village - even if they are not in the armed forces we will give them immediate recruitment and create rank for them just to match Buhari’s nepotism and tribalismfoolishness - I hate nansense grin cheesy grin
Corrected!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by donbenie(m): 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2021
uptimum123:
Just about time

His first priority should be on how to crush those foolish Ipob members to death
The way they have crushed BOKO HARAM and Fulani Bandits? angry

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by BabaO2: 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2021
They have positioned themselves to rule forever and no wise leaders from southern part of the country to objectively openly criticize and push for even opportunities for every Nigerian, rather the likes of PA Ayo adebanjo can only be openly pushing against Tinubu to be president
Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by samwillyco1(m): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2021
PMB can never disappoint in any appointments, I hope the whole world is seeing the change APC Government is giving to NIGERIANS

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by mecussey(m): 3:34pm On Apr 06, 2021
babzo:
Wow, what's going on? Is this a Coup? Isnt Adamu visiting Owerri right now?

The Adamu, is in Owerri crushing Ipob, he will go to Abuja and meet an occupied office. May be Buhari is not happy he borrowed his word ..crush. I like Fanta crush those days sha

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Jefferic(m): 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
Here we go again Sithole.
Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Taye4j: 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
God will punish any Southerner who becomes a president in 2023 and doesn't fill all available posts with people from his tribe and Southern part of the country.

This people must be given a taste of their own medicine come 2023. They must understand the pain of this madness they are practising. I want to see the tears of Arewa, their elders and their youths come 2023.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Samfloxin(m): 3:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
LMS1:
The Man Dey London Dey Approve New IGP..
I Wont Be Suprised If He Just Sit In The Hospital Bed And Approve This His Tribesmen As The New IGP,
Without Caring To Know If The Approved IGP Ever Went To College Or If He Has Ever Joined The Boys Scout.
Not That Am Hating O,
Just That In Nigeria You Dont Step Down, You Are Replaced!..
Buhari Continue Deceiving Yourself
You Hear? grin
Buhari did not approve anything,infact he didn't even know about such appointment. The cabal are the ones making appointments. They are busy changing Buhari's face in far London

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Asiri1991: 3:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
Adamu should be arrested since he openly told us those responsible for the attacks on the Imo police HDQ and the prison within hours of the attacks. He should be questioned. He might have links with the attackers or useful information on how to apprehend them.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Everest9(m): 3:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
Keep dreaming and ignoring all the injustice going on in Nigeria and channel ur energy in crushing IPOB while you have not crushed hunger in the country, bandit and Boko Haram

uptimum123:
Just about time

His first priority should be on how to crush those foolish Ipob members to death

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by doggedfighter(f): 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2021
uptimum123:

mynd44 lalasticlala OAM4J Seun

Rule 2

Why are you calling the mods?
You think you have the monopoly of evil?

You are joking !

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by JIkaba(m): 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2021
grin
pickatyou1:
After igp mumu don use him owerri headquarters as collateral damage, still travel come owerri.

The idiot must be regretting not embezzling this flight money.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Vision76(m): 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2021
Why is't that this man only appoint Hausa and Fulani in most of the key heads in the country. This post right and there supposed to be share equally. And we say we are 1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Collins4u1(m): 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
Lolzzzz

While Adamu is in imo giving orders to crush ipob

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by samwillyco1(m): 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
Adamu will never be forgotten
The day he said CRUSH IPOB was the day he was CRUSHED out of office.

It's a COUP on ADAMU

Nothing last forever, how will he feel on hearing the news that he is no longer IGP/ going to his office as the main man

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by mechanics(m): 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
I thought IGP Adamu was boasting that he has not yet retired?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by naijaking1: 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
Which president?
Cabal at work!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Downey(f): 3:38pm On Apr 06, 2021
What a team! things can change in the blink of an eye! This team is the biggest proof of that!
Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by idealogical: 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
Vision76:
Why is't that this man only appoint Hausa and Fulani in most of the key heads in the country. This post right and there supposed to be share equally. And we say we are 1

We also wondered why Jonathan loaded his administration with igbo people and even called them the pillar of his support.

Tribalism, bigotry, and Hypocrisy stink..

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
Righteousness2:
You don't mean it!
Was the Igp sacked while on duty?
I thought he was on Assignment in Owerri..

E shock you? grin grin

Right now, and legally, he’s only impersonating as the IGP for every minute he spends in Imo

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Omoslim26: 3:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
techmo:
cool

A whole State command got raided by miscreants, Adamu really fvcked up

But why did Buhari just humiliate Adamu just like that, why fire him while on assessment tour of the scene of crime

The next IGP would show Biafrans hell just to please Buhari and save his Job, this was why Burutai was ordering Python dance

Yehn yehn yehn yehn yehn

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Awoleesu(m): 3:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
LMS1:
The Man Dey London Dey Approve New IGP..
I Wont Be Suprised If He Just Sit In The Hospital Bed And Approve This His Tribesmen As The New IGP,
Without Caring To Know If The Approved IGP Ever Went To College Or If He Has Ever Joined The Boys Scout.
Not That Am Hating O,
Just That In Nigeria You Dont Step Down, You Are Replaced!..
Buhari Continue Deceiving Yourself
You Hear? grin

Noooo! You should know by now that every presidential task including appointments and announcements are done by Garba Shehu.
In fact, Garba Shehu is the De facto President as far as we know!
Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Oppy2k2: 3:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
He is so daring in appointing another Fulani Muslim to head that security out fit again.

A very nepotic and sectional leader is the dullard.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by majole: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
Stop saying Fulani/Hausa when you don't know. Better say another Northerner or Muslim North. He is from Yobe so I believe he is likely to be Kanuri. Kanuri are the ones dominating our Security network & we expect them to deal with their Brothers Boko_haram? How is that possible? Same on those who think Presidential system of government is good for us. Once you elect the wrong leader President/Governor, you suffer for 8 years and their is nothing we can do about it. I pray a Southern Christian becomes president and appoints mostly Southern Christians to head most MDA

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Totilopussylick(m): 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
eluquenson:
Another northerner

It is well with Nigeria
it govt for the north

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by planetx: 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
Is it the Buhari that is suffering from the Covid vaccine aftereffects in London that is now appointing a new IG
Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by Dikegodspower(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
He came to owerri to give orders on how to crush ipob. Now he has been disgracefully crushed out of Office while in owerri.
If I were his orderlies. I go live am kukuma enter plane de go force headquarters
Re: President Buhari Appoints Usman Alkali Baba As New IGP by EteBabaagba222(m): 3:45pm On Apr 06, 2021
Alkaline

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Herdsmen Don’t Carry AK-47" - Buhari Tells Trump / Aerial Photos Of Peter Obi's Visit To Jos / Governor Godwin Obaseki Sleeping At UN General Assembly (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.