Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,624 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game (316 Views)

How To Learn Computer Programming Language With Mobile Apps / Islamic Group Demands Replacement Of French Language With Arabic In Kano Schools / Learn & Speak French Language With Ease - Intensive Programs In A French School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Sharingiscaring: 4:43pm On Apr 06, 2021
If we are not careful, there will be A VERY BITTER WAR in Nigeria very soon. No matter whom you are (whether Kanu or Buhari or YOU), you will regret to see Nigeria up in flames. You will lose many things (like your cool evenings at a nearby joint or your property or your job or your leg or your life, etc.).

Fortunately, we can STOP this war IF WE WANT. If YOU are a war-monger, YOU are of the DEVIL even if you live in the mosque or church all the days of your life.

Even if you are sooooo strong you don't care if war starts, you can help to stop it due to it's negative effects on our children and their progress and happiness in life.

THIS LITTLE FUN GAME COULD GO FAR

Let's play this simple fun game to appreciate SOMETHING GOOD in EVERYONE OF US. That ONE THING is our respective languages. No human language is completely evil since you can use every language to say both good and bad things.

SEE THE GAME!!!
1. Say something in English and ask someone from a particular tribe to TRANSLATE it to his/her language. OR...
2. You can list a few tribes and ask those from those tribes to translate.
3. If someone misrepresents YOUR language, you put him/her through. For example, if someone says that 'God' is translated as 'Tribong' in Efik, an Efik person should not let the world know the wrong thing).
4. If you know a set of words in another language (say, a song), you can write the set, and ask someone to translate accordingly.
Re: Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Sharingiscaring: 4:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
I START...
Today, I found myself singing a soulful Yoruba song but I felt foolish to realize that I HAVE NEVER CARED TO KNOW THE MEANING OF THE SONG that I have been singing for more than 5 years or more. The song says "e ba mi gbe Jesu, oba nla oba t'oga, Eledumare Obatoga".

Yorubas, please, help your boy. Is it correctly written? What's the translation?

Meanwhile, let tribalists and racists feel ashamed to learn from kids that we were first HUMAN before we became black, white, red, Hausa, Igbo, Edo, Tiv, or whatever.

Re: Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Monogamy: 4:50pm On Apr 06, 2021
Sharingiscaring:
I START...
Today, I found myself singing a soulful Yoruba song but I felt foolish to realize that I HAVE NEVER CARED TO KNOW THE MEANING OF THE SONG that I have been singing for more than 5 years or more. The song says "e ba mi gbe Jesu, oba nla oba t'oga, Eledumare Obatoga".

Yorubas, please, help your boy. Is it well translated? What's the translation?

" Help me praise Jesus, mighty king of king, the king in the highest order "

I think it should be Edumare not Eledumare.. Eledumare is God in Yoruba
Re: Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Sharingiscaring: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2021
Monogamy:

" Help me praise Jesus, mighty king of king, the king in the highest order "

I think it should be Edumare not Eledumare.. Eledumare is God in Yoruba
Thank you bro/sis. But, it's like you are either NOT a Yoruba or you are a Yoruba raised elsewhere because you said, "I think". I need someone who says "I know". Again, thanks for thygrin generosity.
Re: Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Monogamy: 4:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

Thank you bro/sis. But, it's like you are either NOT a Yoruba or you are a Yoruba raised elsewhere because you said, "I think". I need someone who says "I know". Again, thanks for thygrin generosity.

I was referring to the song.. Sang by Obey right?
Re: Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Sharingiscaring: 5:04pm On Apr 06, 2021
Monogamy:

I was referring to the song.. Sang by Obey right?
I don't even know the original singer but it touches my soul. Are you a native Yoruba? I'm Igbo.
Re: Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Monogamy: 5:07pm On Apr 06, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

I don't even know the original singer but it touches my soul. Are you a native Yoruba? I'm Igbo.

Ebenezer Obey Sang the song.. It's very popular in Yoruba land... Yeah Tibile Yoruba.

Eledumare is God in Yoruba, Obey cunningly used Edumare for Jesus on that song...
Re: Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Tangiblehandwork: 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
That's good
Re: Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Sharingiscaring: 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2021
Monogamy:

Ebenezer Obey Sang the song.. It's very popular in Yoruba land... Yeah Tibile Yoruba.

Eledumare is God in Yoruba, Obey cunningly used Edumare for Jesus on that song...
OK. Thanks. I hope other people participate because we are sure to learn a lot about one another with this. For example, this is my first time of coming to know of a particular part of Yoruba land called Tibile. Bro, which state are the Tibile Yorubas found? Sorry if I'm asking too much from your generous heart.
Re: Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Monogamy: 5:25pm On Apr 06, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

OK. Thanks. I hope other people participate because we are sure to learn a lot about one another with this. For example, this is my first time of coming to know of a particular part of Yoruba land called Tibile. Bro, which state are the Tibile Yorubas found? Sorry if I'm asking too much from your generous heart.

Tibile means Core

Born and Bred
Re: Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Sharingiscaring: 5:29pm On Apr 06, 2021
Monogamy:

Tibile means Core

Born and Bred
Ok. The core Yorubas should be in Osun State due to Ife being there. A bi I don lie?
Re: Let's Learn Each Other's Language With This Fun Game by Monogamy: 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
Sharingiscaring:

Ok. The core Yorubas should be in Osun State due to Ife being there. A bi I don lie?

There is nothing like that in Yoruba land.. No supremacy about Yorubaness..

(1) (Reply)

81 Students Bag First Class Degrees At Bells University / International Model United Nations Online Conference / 2021 JAMB: Physics Yearly Repeated Top 40 Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.