Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,586 members, 7,958,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:55 AM

Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only (4069 Views)

Verse(s) Of The Day! / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo) / What Is Your Best Bible Verse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 3:52pm On Apr 14, 2021
compton11:
but Jesus wasn't for gentiles but to the jews

Read John 3 v 16 and Matthew 28 v 18-20.

In John 3 v 16... in your Bible, did it say for God so loved the Jews? Or God so loved the world cheesy
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2021
Compton11,

Please read these scriptures so you can see how pointless the old covenant/laws in this dispensation.

Hebrews 7 v 18-19;

18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless
19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Hebrews 8 v 6-7;
6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.

7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.

Hebrews 8 v 13;
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Romans 10 v 4;
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 4:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
Note that the new covenant has its rules as well, which you need to abide by.

In summary, the new covenant entails walking in the Spirit so you can bear the fruits of the Spirit such as Love (when you love God and your neighbor, you have fulfilled the law and that’s not your problem), Joy, Peace, Meekness, Self Control etc.

If you walk in the Spirit, you are not under the Law. Galatians 5 explains all this clearly.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by enilove(m): 4:29pm On Apr 14, 2021
compton11:
no problem

No.
The reason for this hadith is in the link I posted and the kind of breast isn't the one u will put your mouth too.

New International Version

Saul was thirty years old when he became king, and he reigned over Israel forty- two years
1 Samuel 13:1

In The same verse

King James Bible

Saul reigned one year; and when he had reigned two years over Israel-1 Samuel 13:1

This version even omitted the age

JPS Tanakh 1917
Saul was --years old when he began to reign; and two years he reigned over Israel.

What happened there Mr man?

Which one is link. Can't you give answer from your head ?

Why can't you allow your wife to do it ?
I knew you can't practice such nonsense .

That is why it does not make sense to follow the dictates of a man.
This kind of suggestion , if practised , will take an innocent soul to hell .

How can you ascertain that the whole Quran and Islam itself are not man made ?

ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION .

As far as the Bible is concerned , anyone that add to or removed from the word of God shall have face the God's judgement.

Revelation 22:18-19 KJV
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: [19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Lastly , this is surely a man made error and not that of God.

Another of my question is this .

What are the things that make you to believe in Islam ?

Pls , don't give me any link . Is it a means of escape from the truth .
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by compton11(m): 6:00am On Apr 15, 2021
enilove:

Which one is link. Can't you give answer from your head ?
because the answer to the hadith has story about and it is long but let me brief it.

First of all,in Sharia of Islam,if a woman breast feed an adopted son or non adopted son,it would be unlawful for the child to marry that woman in future,it is haram because it is like that child marry his biological mother.

That was the case with Salim,Salim, the freed-slave of Abu Hudhaifa –may Allah be pleased with them both- was an adopted son of Abu Hudhaifa,Both Abu Hudhaifa and his wife, Sahla treated Salim like their son. And Salim used to walk up to his adoptive mother in her private room when he was obtaining puberty and when instruction on Hijab was revealed Abu Hudhaifa felt bad about Salim coming to Sahla when she was not observing full Hijab at home.

So the Prophet –may Allah bless him- gave them a special relaxation considering the details of their case. And when they actually followed the instruction, there was no physical contact. The milk was drawn in a cup and Salim drank it.

Drinking her milk makes her unlawful for her

The Hadith narrations say, Abu Hudhaifa was disgusted (Muslim, 2638) with Salim visiting Sahla –may Allah be pleased with them all- like before. This happened as Salim reached puberty (Muslim, 2636) and verses of Surah Ahzab were revealed (Muwatta, 1113). But scholars narration also says they considered him as their son. So apparently the disgust on Abu Hudhaifa’s face was due to something basically unlawful happening and not due to any other concern. And that is why when practically an out of way solution was suggested and put into practice the disgust on his face disappeared. It also hints that there was no physical contact for Abu Hudhaifa who had disliked Salim visiting Sahla would have not been satisfied had there been a direct physical contact during feeding. And of course it is wrong to suggest that Prophet –may Allah bless him- would have allowed physical contact. He prescribed the out of way solution because on the emotional level the relation between Salim and Sahla –may Allah be pleased with them both- was indeed pure and innocent as testified by Sahla (Muwatta, 1113) and because of the adoption to have taken place during the transitionary period they were given a special consideration and an exception.

enilove:

Why can't you allow your wife to do it ?
I knew you can't practice such nonsense .
I have already told u no for a reason!
Cos my situation is not like that of Abu hudhaifa

enilove:

That is why it does not make sense to follow the dictates of a man.
dictate?
No,prophet Muhammed(saw) will never say anything except what was revealed to him

What he said have evidence with this verse.

"And do not marry those [women] whom your fathers married, except what has already occurred. Indeed, it was an immorality and hateful [to Allah] and was evil as a way. Prohibited to you [for marriage] are your mothers, your daughters, your sisters, your father’s sisters, your mother’s sisters, your brother’s daughters, your sister’s daughters, your [milk] mothers who nursed you, your sisters through nursing, your wives’ mothers, and your step daughters under your guardianship [born] of your wives unto whom you have gone in. But if you have not gone in unto them, there is no sin upon you. And [also prohibited are] the wives of your sons who are from your [own] loins, and that you take [in marriage] two sisters simultaneously, except for what has already occurred. Indeed, Allah is ever Forgiving and Merciful. And [also prohibited to you are all] married women except those your right hands possess [i.e., slaves or war-captives who had polytheistic husbands]. [This is] the decree of Allah upon you. And lawful to you are [all others] beyond these, [provided] that you seek them [in marriage] with [gifts from] your property, desiring chastity, not unlawful sexual intercourse..." [Quran 4:22-24]

enilove:

This kind of suggestion , if practised , will take an innocent soul to hell .
nigga no
Who told u it is suggestions?

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Milk relationships are equal to blood relationships in rendering marriage unlawful, i.e. whatever is prohibited due to blood relationships is also prohibited by milk relationships. Related by Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Al-Tirmidhy, Al-Nasa'iy, and Ibn Majah.

But note this doesn't apply to husband and wife.

enilove:

How can you ascertain that the whole Quran and Islam itself are not man made ?
100% words of Allah

enilove:

ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION .

As far as the Bible is concerned , anyone that add to or removed from the word of God shall have face the God's judgement.Th
Revelation 22:18-19 KJV
For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: [19] And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
so which Bible is free of errors?

And don't forget what u called word of God is also included letters of Paul to Galatians,thassolanian,philemon,corinthians and so on.

enilove:

Lastly , this is surely a man made error and not that of God.
I thought u said I'm the one that don't understand it?

So a book with countless error is what u relied on to take u to heaven?

enilove:

Another of my question is this .

What are the things that make you to believe in Islam ?
many countless thing.

It is monotheistic
It is the religion that talked about the importance of parents,relations and poor and so on.
It is religion that put all prophets in good place unlike Bible that said bad things about them.
Religion that tell us to live life,how to business and how to get marry and so on.
It is religion that tell us to abstain from anything that will makes it consumption harmful and so on.

enilove:

Pls , don't give me any link . Is it a means of escape from the truth .

then read the brief story about the hadith cos the story is long.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by compton11(m): 6:18am On Apr 15, 2021
OkCornel:
Compton11,

Please read these scriptures so you can see how pointless the old covenant/laws in this dispensation.

Hebrews 7 v 18-19;

18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless
19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.
bro did Jesus said this?

No

Jesus said
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them -matthew 5 :17
So Paul was saying the old law is imperfect and useless and u believe that?

May God forgive u.

OkCornel:

Hebrews 8 v 6-7;
6 But in fact the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, since the new covenant is established on better promises.
bro are u following Paul or Jesus?

Cos jesus said

For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.-Matthew 5:18-19

OkCornel:

7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant, no place would have been sought for another.
did Jesus said this ?

NO.

OkCornel:

Hebrews 8 v 13;
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

Romans 10 v 4;
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
bro all what u are saying is of Paul.

Jesus didn't appoint this man

Quote where Jesus abolish the old laws

For anyone who refused to obey the law of Moses was put to death without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses-hebrew 10:28
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by compton11(m): 6:27am On Apr 15, 2021
OkCornel:

Read John 3 v 16 and Matthew 28 v 18-20.

In John 3 v 16... in your Bible, did it say for God so loved the Jews? Or God so loved the world cheesy
wow is it Jesus that said this?

No

Because it contradicted word of Jesus and other bible reference

when a Canaanite woman came to Him with a request to heal her demon-possessed daughter. For a while, Jesus did not respond to the woman’s entreaties, and she followed Him and continued to beg for mercy. Finally, the disciples, feeling that the woman was a nuisance, asked Jesus to send her away. Then Jesus said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 15:24).

If Jesus was actually sent to the world he would have answere the woman and never utter the statement.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins-mattew 1:21.

In that verse,is it Jesus the only son of God truly?
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 6:36am On Apr 15, 2021
compton11:
bro did Jesus said this?

No

Jesus said
Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them -matthew 5 :17
So Paul was saying the old law is imperfect and useless and u believe that?

May God forgive u.

bro are u following Paul or Jesus?

Cos jesus said

For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.-Matthew 5:18-19

did Jesus said this ?

NO.

bro all what u are saying is of Paul.

Jesus didn't appoint this man

Quote where Jesus abolish the old laws

For anyone who refused to obey the law of Moses was put to death without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses-hebrew 10:28

Lol, Compton11 I know your type who disregard the writings of Paul, so let me make something clear to you since you’re still confused on basic matters of the scriptures.

Jesus clearly told Peter he’s the rock upon which the church will be built. And here’s what Peter mentioned about the writings of Paul which you’re trying to discredit.

2 Peter 3 v 15-16

15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.

16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

So dear Compton11, try another tactic, because discrediting Paul’s letters can’t help your argument in any way.

Please also show us scriptural evidence where the Gentiles were also required to obey the Mosaic laws (which was for the Israelites only)
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 6:38am On Apr 15, 2021
compton11:
wow is it Jesus that said this?

No

Because it contradicted word of Jesus and other bible reference

when a Canaanite woman came to Him with a request to heal her demon-possessed daughter. For a while, Jesus did not respond to the woman’s entreaties, and she followed Him and continued to beg for mercy. Finally, the disciples, feeling that the woman was a nuisance, asked Jesus to send her away. Then Jesus said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel” (Matthew 15:24).

If Jesus was actually sent to the world he would have answere the woman and never utter the statement.

And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins-mattew 1:21.

In that verse,is it Jesus the only son of God truly?

Mr Compton11 Read John 3 v 16. Those were the words of Jesus.

Jesus clearly said, FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD (not just the Israelites)

Read the Bible and stop asking hilarious questions here cheesy

Also read the instructions Jesus gave his disciples after his resurrection in Matthew 28 to preach to ALL NATIONS, Jesus’ earthly ministry was in Israel whereas he commissioned his disciples to extend the work to the uttermost ends of the earth.

This thing is basic understanding, the more you argue here, you’ll keep embarrassing yourself cheesy
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 6:45am On Apr 15, 2021
Dear Compton11, please explain to us how you keep the 613 laws of Moses and how your salvation is tied to obeying these laws.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by compton11(m): 7:07am On Apr 15, 2021
OkCornel:

Obviously not. Jesus’ earthly ministry was to the Israelites. However, after he resurrected...He gave a commission to the disciples to preach the message of the kingdom to everyone be it Jews or Gentiles.

See Matthew 28 v 18-20;

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
bro that contradicted his previous saying.

I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me. Therefore, my judgment is just, because I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will -matthew 5:30

OkCornel:

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
bro some Bible scholars said this verse is later addition in Matthew book grin

Plus resurrection of Jesus have contradictions in Matthew, Luke ,John and Mark.

OkCornel:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
what did he commanded?

OkCornel:

Lol, don’t make me laugh abeg. You think the Mosaic laws are the 10 commandments? The Mosaic laws is made up of 613 commandments! Do you obey each and everyone of them? I’ll bring some ridiculous ones and you tell us how it applies to a gentile like you and how you obey them.
heheheehe the Ten Commandments were revealed to Moses at Mount Sinai,it is Moses law that was never abolish.

OkCornel:

Besides, men knew right from wrong before the 10 commandments (which is not even up to 5% of the Mosaic laws) were written and given to Moses.
because there was other law guiding them during the time but Bible didn't record that.

OkCornel:

Cain didn’t need to know any commandment to murder is a sin.
era of Cain was beginning of the world,no much Law then.

OkCornel:

Reuben did not need any commandment to know sleeping with his father’s maid is a sin. Abraham and Lot didn’t need any commandment to know idolatry is a sin.
Jacob was before Moses and he didn't even know about mosaic law.

OkCornel:

Your point on the 10 commandments is dead on arrival.
dead where?
Don't u follow it?

Moses was given 10 commandment bro

OkCornel:

Please tell us how the 613 laws of Moses applies to Christians today biko. cheesy
there is no verse in the Bible that gives 613 as the correct enumeration. There are other counts as well. There is no universal agreement among Jews or Christians that there are exactly 613 laws given by God through Moses.

Which one doesn't apply to u?
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by compton11(m): 7:10am On Apr 15, 2021
OkCornel:

Very good, and when the terms of a particular law (contract) has been fulfilled, is that law still binding on you?

Your answer is in Hebrews 7. I’ll head into that shortly.
bro all your evidence about this law are quoted by another people not Jesus
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by compton11(m): 7:17am On Apr 15, 2021
OkCornel:
Dear Compton11, please explain to us how you keep the 613 laws of Moses and how your salvation is tied to obeying these laws.

This is real salvation as says by Jesus and it included laws given to Moses

Matthew 19

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by compton11(m): 7:25am On Apr 15, 2021
OkCornel:

Mr Compton11 Read John 3 v 16. Those were the words of Jesus.

Jesus clearly said, FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD (not just the Israelites)
where is your evidence that Jesus said it?

Where is Jesus said in that verse?

OkCornel:

Read the Bible and stop asking hilarious questions here cheesy
hmmm

OkCornel:

Also read the instructions Jesus gave his disciples after his resurrection in Matthew 28 to preach to ALL NATIONS, Jesus’ earthly ministry was in Israel whereas he commissioned his disciples to extend the work to the uttermost ends of the earth.
so he is contradicting himself and angel gabriel that his mother he would come to save his people?

Where is the evidence of that verse in the end of books of mark,luke and john?

OkCornel:

This thing is basic understanding, the more you argue here, you’ll keep embarrassing yourself cheesy
no u keep embarrassing yourself.

Cam Jesus be contradicting himself?
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by compton11(m): 7:59am On Apr 15, 2021
OkCornel:

Lol, Compton11 I know your type who disregard the writings of Paul, so let me make something clear to you since you’re still confused on basic matters of the scriptures.
lol bro Jesus chose 12 disciples and Paul wasn't there.

OkCornel:

Jesus clearly told Peter he’s the rock upon which the church will be built. And here’s what Peter mentioned about the writings of Paul which you’re trying to discredit.

2 Peter 3 v 15-16

15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him.

16 He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
the same guy that contradicted Jesus.

Did Jesus chose Paul?

This same Peter fought Paul because of some reasons.

OkCornel:

So dear Compton11, try another tactic, because discrediting Paul’s letters can’t help your argument in any way.
hmmmm

OkCornel:

Please also show us scriptural evidence where the Gentiles were also required to obey the Mosaic laws (which was for the Israelites only)
did Jesus u followe abolish it?

Was jesus sent to the gentiles?

So is it only jews that followed Christ can follow this Law?

Matthew 10:1-6

1Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

2 These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John

3 Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; 4 Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.(H)

5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel

Mr gentiles

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s (jews)bread and toss it to their dogs(gentiles).-matthew 15:26.

If u are actually part of lost sheep is Israel Jesus was talking about,then u are to follow the law cos jesus wasn't for non Israel.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 8:07am On Apr 15, 2021
compton11:
where is your evidence that Jesus said it?

Where is Jesus said in that verse?

hmmm

so he is contradicting himself and angel gabriel that his mother he would come to save his people?

Where is the evidence of that verse in the end of books of mark,luke and john?

no u keep embarrassing yourself.

Cam Jesus be contradicting himself?

Jesus never contradicted himself. The more you keep emphasising this, you keep embarrassing yourself.

1. Jesus’ earthly ministry was within the land of Israel.

2. After his death and resurrection, he commissioned his disciples to preach the gospel to all nations in Matthew 28 (remember, Matthew was a disciple of Jesus)

3. And your question as to whether Jesus said “For God so loved the world” makes it clear you’re struggling with basic English. Jesus had a discussion with Nicodemus in John chapter 3 where he mentioned that.

Please read that chapter and spare yourself further embarrassment.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 8:18am On Apr 15, 2021
compton11:
lol bro Jesus chose 12 disciples and Paul wasn't there.

the same guy that contradicted Jesus.

Did Jesus chose Paul?

This same Peter fought Paul because of some reasons.

hmmmm

did Jesus u followe abolish it?

Was jesus sent to the gentiles?

So is it only jews that followed Christ can follow this Law?

Matthew 10:1-6

1Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

2 These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John

3 Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; 4 Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.(H)

5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel

Mr gentiles

He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s (jews)bread and toss it to their dogs(gentiles).-matthew 15:26.

If u are actually part of lost sheep is Israel Jesus was talking about,then u are to follow the law cos jesus wasn't for non Israel.

I hope you passed O’ Level English at first attempt, because it’s clear to anyone who’s following our discussion here you’re struggling to understand what a primary or secondary school student will understand cheesy

And to your question as to whether Jesus called Paul? Oh well, remind us who Paul encountered on the road to Damascus in

Acts 9 v 4-6;
4 He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?”

5 “Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked.

“I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,” he replied.

6 “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.”

Jesus also confirmed to Ananias he has called Paul to preach to the gentiles as well as the Jews

Acts 9 v 13 -16
13 “Lord,” Ananias answered, “I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your holy people in Jerusalem.

14 And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name.”

15 But the Lord said to Ananias, “Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

16 I will show him how much he must suffer for my name.”

Compton11, the internet never forgets, please embarrass yourself by arguing further and asking more funny questions. People will see this thread and come to their conclusions.

And your question on the law, I’ve told you this thing and it’s very basic to understand. Jesus could not abolish the law because he had not fulfilled it. Now that Jesus has fulfilled the law by his death and resurrection, how does a law he has fulfilled become binding on you?

Basic understanding mehn! Also read Acts 15 which I posted earlier on this thread and spare yourself this pointless argument.

You only see contradictions where your understanding is shallow. And that’s not my fault.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by compton11(m): 8:23am On Apr 15, 2021
OkCornel:

Jesus never contradicted himself. The more you keep emphasising this, you keep embarrassing yourself.
bible said he did.
So not surprised
For example

Jesus proclaimed that “whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire” (Matthew 5:22)
The same Jesus called the Pharisees and scribes were fools in Matthew 23:17.

OkCornel:

1. Jesus’ earthly ministry was within the land of Israel.
good and he was for isrealite only,his preaching was for only the jews

OkCornel:

2. After his death and resurrection, he commissioned his disciples to preach the gospel to all nations in Matthew 28 (remember, Matthew was a disciple of Jesus)
bro which Matthew?

Are u trying to say Matthew the disciple of Jesus was the author of book Of Matthew?

No

As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him -matthew 9:9.

OkCornel:

3. And your question as to whether Jesus said “For God so loved the world” makes it clear you’re struggling with basic English. Jesus had a discussion with Nicodemus in John chapter 3 where he mentioned that.

Please read that chapter and spare yourself further embarrassment.
know that there is no Jesus said in John 3:16 so don't stress yourself.

And u will see that place is even talking about third person that is not present.

And pathetic things is that many versions of Bible removed begotten form their own version cos they see it doesn't make sense.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 8:25am On Apr 15, 2021
compton11:
bible said he did.
So not surprised
For example

Jesus proclaimed that “whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire” (Matthew 5:22)
The same Jesus called the Pharisees and scribes were fools in Matthew 23:17.

good and he was for isrealite only,his preaching was for only the jews

bro which Matthew?

Are u trying to say Matthew the disciple of Jesus was the author of book Of Matthew?

No

As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him -matthew 9:9.

know that there is no Jesus said in John 3:16 so don't stress yourself.

And u will see that place is even talking about third person that is not present.

And pathetic things is that many versions of Bible removed begotten form their own version cos they see it doesn't make sense.

Remind me again, who and who were discussing in John 3?

Per John 3 v 16;
For God so loved THE WORLD (not just the Israelites)

Now, think about it... it’s basic understanding. If God so loved the world, look at the bigger picture- Jesus earthly ministry was within Israel while his disciples expanded on this to all nations after Jesus’ death and resurrection as he instructed them in Matthew 28. That way, God’s love is shown to the world (all nations)

Like I said, the internet never forgets. Your posts are always gonna be here. Keep making a show of yourself. cheesy

Matthew was a disciple of Jesus, and wrote things he and other Apostles witnessed as well as things Jesus told them. So therefore, doesn’t invalidate anything.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 8:31am On Apr 15, 2021
Using Compton11 analogy, since Jesus didn’t write the gospels but his followers and other witnesses did, perhaps the scriptures are invalid.

Let’s also use this logic to discredit all sorts of news since these are drafted by reporters in the third person too. The news have absolutely no elements of truth at all, lol cheesy
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 8:41am On Apr 15, 2021
compton11:
bro that contradicted his previous saying.

I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me. Therefore, my judgment is just, because I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will -matthew 5:30

bro some Bible scholars said this verse is later addition in Matthew book grin

Plus resurrection of Jesus have contradictions in Matthew, Luke ,John and Mark.

what did he commanded?

heheheehe the Ten Commandments were revealed to Moses at Mount Sinai,it is Moses law that was never abolish.

because there was other law guiding them during the time but Bible didn't record that.

era of Cain was beginning of the world,no much Law then.

Jacob was before Moses and he didn't even know about mosaic law.

dead where?
Don't u follow it?

Moses was given 10 commandment bro

there is no verse in the Bible that gives 613 as the correct enumeration. There are other counts as well. There is no universal agreement among Jews or Christians that there are exactly 613 laws given by God through Moses.

Which one doesn't apply to u?

It seems you still don’t get the basic point I was passing across using Cain, Abraham and Reuben’s examples.

1. Men knew the basic rights from wrong even before the 10 commandments were given to Moses on Sinai.

2. The laws of Moses is not just the 10 commandments, there were 613 instructions spanning from Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy!

Dear Compton11, do you obey all the 613 laws of Moses to be saved?

This thing isn’t too difficult to understand for goodness sake...or is your understanding that shallow?
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by enilove(m): 8:59am On Apr 15, 2021
compton11:
because the answer to the hadith has story about and it is long but let me brief it.

First of all,in Sharia of Islam,if a woman breast feed an adopted son or non adopted son,it would be unlawful for the child to marry that woman in future,it is haram because it is like that child marry his biological mother.

many countless thing.

It is monotheistic
It is the religion that talked about the importance of parents,relations and poor and so on.
It is religion that put all prophets in good place unlike Bible that said bad things about them.
Religion that tell us to live life,how to business and how to get marry and so on.
It is religion that tell us to abstain from anything that will makes it consumption harmful and so on.

then read the brief story about the hadith cos the story is long.

1) The issue of adults breast feeding cannot be from God for many reasons :
A) It did not say , '' give him breast milk' , it says suckle him .
B) Breast milk does not come out of the breast of women who are not nursing babies. So , where would they get the milk from ?
C) People are known to drink animal milk , does that make them to become relatives to the animals ?
D) Why was it abandoned and abolished?

2) The errors in the Bible can not be compared with that of the Qur'an which was so glaring that made Uthman to order them burnt .
The first set of Qur'an was full of blunders and errors to the extent that the followers had to agree to burn them and get only one copy.

It is when you want to destroy an evidence that you will burn it . Some of the scriptures of the Bible had been preserved for over 1200 years before Quran and was never at any time agreed that they must be destroyed so ad to hide the truth.
Even during the time of Muhammad , there had been differences in their recitation .
Presently, there are more than 30 different Qur'an world wide.

Hadith
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to `Uthman at the time when the people of Sham and the people of Iraq were Waging war to conquer Arminya and Adharbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their (the people of Sham and Iraq) differences in the recitation of the Qur'an, so he said to `Uthman, "O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Qur'an) as Jews and the Christians did before." So `Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, "Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you." Hafsa sent it to `Uthman. `Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, `Abdullah bin AzZubair, Sa`id bin Al-As and `AbdurRahman bin Harith bin Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies. `Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, "In case you disagree with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Qur'an, then write it in the dialect of Quraish, the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue." They did so, and when they had written many copies, `Uthman returned the original manuscripts to Hafsa. `Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt.

Sahih al-Bukhari 4987
In-book : Book 66, Hadith 9
USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 6, Book 61, Hadith 510  (deprecated)
Sahih Bukhari

3) All the reasons you gave for believing in Islam do not make sense because , no matter how you practice it and do the right things , it is what Allah has written about you that will determine your eternal destination :

Hadith
A'isha, the mother of the believers, said that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was called to lead the funeral prayer of a child of the Ansar. I said:

Allah's Messenger, there is happiness for this child who is a bird from the birds of Paradise for it committed no sin nor has he reached the age when one can commit sin. He said: 'A'isha, per adventure, it may be otherwise, because God created for Paradise those who are fit for it while they were yet in their father's loins and created for Hell those who are to go to Hell. He created them for Hell while they were yet in their father's loins.
Sahih Muslim 2662 c
In-book : Book 46, Hadith 47
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 33, Hadith 6436  (deprecated)
Sahih Muslim
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 9:06am On Apr 15, 2021
Enilove, are you seeing how Compton keeps arguing for nothing on this thread when it’s clear the issue here is his level of understanding? Or perhaps just being stubborn since his ego is on the line here

1 Like

Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 9:11am On Apr 15, 2021
Dear Compton11, please do your research and tell us how many instructions makes up the laws of Moses.

I can tell you for free they’re 613 in all. If you dispute, please bring your sources.

Back to the matter, please tell us if you’re keeping all the 613 laws of Moses.

1 Like

Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by enilove(m): 10:47am On Apr 15, 2021
OkCornel:
Enilove, are you seeing how Compton keeps arguing for nothing on this thread when it’s clear the issue here is his level of understanding? Or perhaps just being stubborn since his ego is on the line here

My brother , you can't blame them o. They had been brainwashed since their childhood with falsehood.

Also , they are possessed with the spirit of Islam which is the devil. It takes the grace of God for any Muslim to see , know and understand what Islam stands for. Islam is the spirit of Antichrist.

Truly speaking , it might even be easier to get delivered from this satanic religion if that person in question is seeking the truth.
Unfortunately , they are not after the truth because they felt they know the truth.

Pls , don't see your efforts as relating to him only.
I have watched a video where someone said she was confused and started checking evidences and came about series of argument between the Christians and the muslins and had to come to the conclusion that Christians have better proofs and foundation than Islam. That was how she got converted.

These posts are not meant only for him but anyone who needs to know what is what.
Don't be tired . Do your best for Christ is worthy.
I was once a Muslim too.

God bless you , in Jesus' name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by mhmsadyq(m): 6:09pm On Apr 15, 2021
enilove:

My brother , you can't blame them o. They had been brainwashed since their childhood with falsehood.

Also , they are possessed with the spirit of Islam which is the devil. It takes the grace of God for any Muslim to see , know and understand what Islam stands for. Islam is the spirit of Antichrist.

Truly speaking , it might even be easier to get delivered from this satanic religion if that person in question is seeking the truth.
Unfortunately , they are not after the truth because they felt they know the truth.

Pls , don't see your efforts as relating to him only.
I have watched a video where someone said she was confused and started checking evidences and came about series of argument between the Christians and the muslins and had to come to the conclusion that Christians have better proofs and foundation than Islam. That was how she got converted.

These posts are not meant only for him but anyone who needs to know what is what.
Don't be tired . Do your best for Christ is worthy.
I was once a Muslim too.

God bless you , in Jesus' name.

Islam is coming for you!

[3:85] Āl ‘Imrān-آل عِمْرَان
"وَ مَنۡ یَّبۡتَغِ غَیۡرَ الۡاِسۡلَامِ دِیۡنًا فَلَنۡ یُّقۡبَلَ مِنۡہُ ۚ وَ ہُوَ فِی الۡاٰخِرَۃِ مِنَ الۡخٰسِرِیۡنَ ﴿۸۵﴾

And whoever seeks a din (religion) other than Islam that shall not at all be accepted from him, and he will be amongst the losers in the Hereafter.

[9:32] Al-Tawbah-التَّوْبَة
"یُرِیۡدُوۡنَ اَنۡ یُّطۡفِـُٔوۡا نُوۡرَ اللّٰہِ بِاَفۡوَاہِہِمۡ وَ یَاۡبَی اللّٰہُ اِلَّاۤ اَنۡ یُّتِمَّ نُوۡرَہٗ وَ لَوۡ کَرِہَ الۡکٰفِرُوۡنَ ﴿۳۲﴾

They desire to extinguish the Light of Allah by blowing through their mouths. And Allah rejects (it) but (wills) to manifest His Light to its fullness, even though the disbelievers dislike (it).
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by enilove(m): 8:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
mhmsadyq:

Islam is coming for you!

[3:85] Āl ‘Imrān-آل عِمْرَان
"وَ مَنۡ یَّبۡتَغِ غَیۡرَ الۡاِسۡلَامِ دِیۡنًا فَلَنۡ یُّقۡبَلَ مِنۡہُ ۚ وَ ہُوَ فِی الۡاٰخِرَۃِ مِنَ الۡخٰسِرِیۡنَ ﴿۸۵﴾
And whoever seeks a din (religion) other than Islam that shall not at all be accepted from him, and he will be amongst the losers in the Hereafter.
[9:32] Al-Tawbah-التَّوْبَة
"یُرِیۡدُوۡنَ اَنۡ یُّطۡفِـُٔوۡا نُوۡرَ اللّٰہِ بِاَفۡوَاہِہِمۡ وَ یَاۡبَی اللّٰہُ اِلَّاۤ اَنۡ یُّتِمَّ نُوۡرَہٗ وَ لَوۡ کَرِہَ الۡکٰفِرُوۡنَ ﴿۳۲﴾
They desire to extinguish the Light of Allah by blowing through their mouths. And Allah rejects (it) but (wills) to manifest His Light to its fullness, even though the disbelievers dislike (it).

Which light ?

Allah is not the God your Creator , don't be deceived . Allah is an idol and not God .

When Islam comes against me in one way , it shall flee in seven ways .
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by mhmsadyq(m): 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2021
enilove:

Which light ?

Allah is not the God your Creator , don't be deceived . Allah is an idol and not God .

When Islam comes against me in one way , it shall flee in seven ways .

You are the one being deceived. Allah is the Supreme being, beside which there is no other God.

This is Allah:

[2:255] Al-Baqarah-الْبَقَرَة
"اَللّٰہُ لَاۤ اِلٰہَ اِلَّا ہُوَۚ اَلۡحَیُّ الۡقَیُّوۡمُ ۬ۚ لَا تَاۡخُذُہٗ سِنَۃٌ وَّ لَا نَوۡمٌ ؕ لَہٗ مَا فِی السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ مَا فِی الۡاَرۡضِ ؕ مَنۡ ذَا الَّذِیۡ یَشۡفَعُ عِنۡدَہٗۤ اِلَّا بِاِذۡنِہٖ ؕ یَعۡلَمُ مَا بَیۡنَ اَیۡدِیۡہِمۡ وَ مَا خَلۡفَہُمۡ ۚ وَ لَا یُحِیۡطُوۡنَ بِشَیۡءٍ مِّنۡ عِلۡمِہٖۤ اِلَّا بِمَا شَآءَ ۚ وَسِعَ کُرۡسِیُّہُ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ الۡاَرۡضَ ۚ وَ لَا یَـُٔوۡدُہٗ حِفۡظُہُمَا ۚ وَ ہُوَ الۡعَلِیُّ الۡعَظِیۡمُ ﴿۲۵۵﴾

Allah! None is worthy of worship but He, the Ever-Living, the Self-Subsisting, the One Who sustains and protects (the entire universe with His strategy). He is seized by neither slumber nor sleep. Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth belongs to Him alone. Who can dare intercede with Him except by His permission? (He) knows all that is (happening or has happened) before the Creation, and all that is (about to happen) after them; and they cannot encompass anything of His knowledge except that which He wills. His Throne (of Empire and Power and Authority) encompasses the heavens and the earth, and the protection of both (the earth and the heavens) does not pose Him any difficulty. And He alone is Most High, Most Great.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by enilove(m): 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2021
mhmsadyq:

You are the one being deceived. Allah is the Supreme being, beside which there is no other God.
This is Allah:
[2:255] Al-Baqarah-الْبَقَرَة

Allah! None is worthy of worship but He, the Ever-Living, the Self-Subsisting, the One Who sustains and protects (the entire universe with His strategy). He is seized by neither slumber nor sleep. Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth belongs to Him alone. Who can dare intercede with Him except by His permission? (He) knows all that is (happening or has happened) before the Creation, and all that is (about to happen) after them; and they cannot encompass anything of His knowledge except that which He wills. His Throne (of Empire and Power and Authority) encompasses the heavens and the earth, and the protection of both (the earth and the heavens) does not pose Him any difficulty. And He alone is Most High, Most Great.

I have some questions for you .

1) Why was the father of Muhammad , who was an idol worshipper , named Abdul Allah ?

2)Why did Allah swear by the fig tree and angels?

3) Do you think Christians and Muslims worship the same God ?
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by compton11(m): 3:28am On Apr 16, 2021
OkCornel:
Dear Compton11, please do your research and tell us how many instructions makes up the laws of Moses.

I can tell you for free they’re 613 in all. If you dispute, please bring your sources.

Back to the matter, please tell us if you’re keeping all the 613 laws of Moses.
how do u even know they are 613,is it not jew website that told u.

Many scholars were against that number
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by OkCornel(m): 3:35am On Apr 16, 2021
compton11:
how do u even know they are 613,is it not jew website that told u.

Many scholars were against that number

Do you want me to list them here for you with the Bible references? Once I do that, you’ll explain to us how you keep every single one of them.
Re: Find out this Bible verse(s) with the Holy Spirit only by compton11(m): 3:57am On Apr 16, 2021
enilove:

1) The issue of adults breast feeding cannot be from God for many reasons :
yes and?

enilove:

A) It did not say , '' give him breast milk' , it says suckle him .
so u except Salim to put mouth there ?
No,the story of the hadith has been narrated by scholars.

أرضعيه can be translated to give him milk.

Though some scholars say this hadith is fabricated.

enilove:

B) Breast milk does not come out of the breast of women who are not nursing babies. So , where would they get the milk from ?
no u aint right on This.

Many wet mothers that used to breastfeed peoples babies for salary are not nursing babies

enilove:

C) People are known to drink animal milk , does that make them to become relatives to the animals ?
are u animal?

enilove:

D) Why was it abandoned and abolished?
what was abandoned And abolish?

enilove:

2) The errors in the Bible can not be compared with that of the Qur'an which was so glaring that made Uthman to order them burnt .
heheheehe go and read the history of the reason why uthman ordered quran to be burned.

And pls u will have to show me error in Al Quran.

enilove:

The first set of Qur'an was full of blunders and errors to the extent that the followers had to agree to burn them and get only one copy.
and where is the evidence of that?

enilove:

It is when you want to destroy an evidence that you will burn it . Some of the scriptures of the Bible had been preserved for over 1200 years before Quran and was never at any time agreed that they must be destroyed so ad to hide the truth.
hmmmmm so how can u relied on book that their versions ain't the same?

enilove:

Even during the time of Muhammad , there had been differences in their recitation .
even till now,recitation of Yoruba is different from that of Hausa people.
This has nothing to do with error bro!

enilove:

Presently, there are more than 30 different Qur'an world wide.
u mean translation to English?

enilove:

Hadith
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman came to `Uthman at the time when the people of Sham and the people of Iraq were Waging war to conquer Arminya and Adharbijan. Hudhaifa was afraid of their (the people of Sham and Iraq) differences in the recitation of the Qur'an, so he said to `Uthman, "O chief of the Believers! Save this nation before they differ about the Book (Qur'an) as Jews and the Christians did before." So `Uthman sent a message to Hafsa saying, "Send us the manuscripts of the Qur'an so that we may compile the Qur'anic materials in perfect copies and return the manuscripts to you." Hafsa sent it to `Uthman. `Uthman then ordered Zaid bin Thabit, `Abdullah bin AzZubair, Sa`id bin Al-As and `AbdurRahman bin Harith bin Hisham to rewrite the manuscripts in perfect copies. `Uthman said to the three Quraishi men, "In case you disagree with Zaid bin Thabit on any point in the Qur'an, then write it in the dialect of Quraish, the Qur'an was revealed in their tongue." They did so, and when they had written many copies, `Uthman returned the original manuscripts to Hafsa. `Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied, and ordered that all the other Qur'anic materials, whether written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt.

Sahih al-Bukhari 4987
In-book : Book 66, Hadith 9
USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 6, Book 61, Hadith 510  (deprecated)
Sahih Bukhari
Because they want to preserve it in only Quraysh dialect and not other different dialect.

If persia or Iran or any other race have their own Quran,there would be confusions just like bible today.

QURAN was revealed in Quraysh dialect and it is the official Arabic in whole world even some part of Arabs dont understand it.

enilove:

3) All the reasons you gave for believing in Islam do not make sense because , no matter how you practice it and do the right things , it is what Allah has written about you that will determine your eternal destination :
but your own beliefs is based on Jesus death and how is that make sense?

Mumu u are
Allah set two part,it is either u chose the wrong or the good way.

So if u steal today,are u going to say God commanded u to steal after God said don't steal?

enilove:

Hadith
A'isha, the mother of the believers, said that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) was called to lead the funeral prayer of a child of the Ansar. I said:

Allah's Messenger, there is happiness for this child who is a bird from the birds of Paradise for it committed no sin nor has he reached the age when one can commit sin. He said: 'A'isha, per adventure, it may be otherwise, because God created for Paradise those who are fit for it while they were yet in their father's loins and created for Hell those who are to go to Hell. He created them for Hell while they were yet in their father's loins.
Sahih Muslim 2662 c
In-book : Book 46, Hadith 47
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 33, Hadith 6436  (deprecated)
Sahih Muslim

and what do u want to pull out from the hadith?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chruch Hymn Titles By Occupation / What Color Was Jesus? / Religion And Rationality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.