Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,892 members, 7,821,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... (556 Views)

Geidam Chairman Weeps, Blames Military For Boko Haram Invasion / Kaduna Abduction: President Buhari Commends Military For Their Prompt Response / Nigerian Military Struggles Against Islamic State In West Africa - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Kandeed: 5:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
All my life, I've always been this guy who's always very shy, suffering from low self-esteem and is neither bold nor confident and I've tried n tried working on myself buy to no avail. it's Even that terrible that when guys are talking and I tried to throw in some contributions it always gives this type of Baba go and sit down feedback maybe cuz I've got a Small body or I'm suffering from speech defect but in the corner of my bed I'm always depressed n sad cause I always get to keep to myself always and it's been affecting me psychologically so much, I can't even approach a female big or small. so recently I felt since I tried all I could and nothing seems working at the moment I'll take up one of the military forms and apply (70% sure I'd be chosen) to see if the 9month training would drive those shy, timid and low confidence or low self-esteem since I heard or lemme say someone told me it's in military depot you go Jah and become rugged

So I've decided to bring this here to see how many contributions, advice and enlightenment that can be of great assistance. Thanks

lalasticlala
mynd44
CrazyMan 1forall
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 06, 2021
Please first of all, how old are you
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Kandeed: 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2021
cchub:
Please first of all, how old are you
I'd be 22 by May
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by ivolt: 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
Military training can indeed drive away shyness and timidity.
But first, go see a doctor for your psychological issue.
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Kandeed: 5:12pm On Apr 06, 2021
ivolt:
Military training can indeed drive away shyness and timidity.
But first, go see a doctor for your psychological issue.

Thanks so much but I was told it's same thing i'm gonna hear, like do what you don't do naturally, start approaching people blabla I've tried doing it but doesn't seem working ion know. the last time I came outta my shell to approach a female she said I shouldn't worry she'd make me her Son, very funny n insulting

2 Likes

Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Monogamy: 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2021
Tbh, Nigeria military is not a better option... You no dey read news?

You need to work on your self confidence.. How you present yourself sometimes matter...
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by alfasexy: 5:16pm On Apr 06, 2021
9 months?
Join ESN. You'll see action within 2 weeks.
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by ivolt: 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2021
Kandeed:

Thanks so much but I was told it's same thing i'm gonna hear, like do what you don't do naturally, start approaching people blabla I've tried doing it but doesn't seem working ion know. the last time I came outta my shell to approach a female she said I shouldn't worry she'd make me her Son, very funny n insulting
Not really.
There are different approaches used based on the cause. Some people have traumatic memories,
some are natural, others could be raised that way. First get a psychologist opinion and diagnosis.
If you think it is still the same thing or it is not enough, then proceed to the army.
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 06, 2021
Kandeed:

I'd be 22 by May
military training would definitely make you rugged.
By the time you come back from depot, you'll be rugeddity tested brutality confirmed.

But do you want to become a military man?
If you weren't shy and timid, would you want to become a soldier?

You could get over being shy or timid by just being yourself, have that fucck everybody mindset.

Always Express yourself loud and proud even if they might not like it/want to snub you away.

You can be a cocky but gentlily loud human. You have that switch in your body.

And by the way (not to scare you) but another name for hell is NDA depot Zaria.

1 Like

Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2021
You are not concerned about the potential death you would face in that training or an eventual deployment to maiduguri

All these ontop what people think about you
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Kandeed: 5:21pm On Apr 06, 2021
Monogamy:
Tbh, Nigeria military is not a better option... You no dey read news?

You need to work on your self confidence.. How you present yourself sometimes matter...

Nothing seem working bro. I thought being good attract people to you cuz ur good but on my situation people come cuz of what they can get from me.

I've tried working on myself but in the process words like "what's doing this mumu" can throw me off balance n weaken my morale. a particular day one lady talked so rough at me and I just had to burst at her n ever since then I approach right she runs to the left n maybe she started giving me class since then but I can't keep fighting everybody
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Kandeed: 5:22pm On Apr 06, 2021
Mikecold:
You are not concerned about the potential death you would face in that training or an eventual deployment to maiduguri

All these ontop what people think about you

The type of Life I live now is no different from a ghost. lonely, boring n isolated Death means nothing to me tbh

lalasticlala
mynd44
CrazyMan 1forall
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Monogamy: 5:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
Kandeed:

Nothing seem working bro. I thought being good attract people to you cuz ur good but on my situation people come cuz of what they can get from me.

I've tried working on myself but in the process words like "what's doing this mumu" can throw me off balance n weaken my morale. a particular day one lady talked so rough at me and I just had to burst at her n ever since then I approach right she runs to the left n maybe she started giving me class since then but I can't keep fighting everybody

Try and listen to Asa song titled Ok Ok.

Life is not fair to everyone
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by OdumegwuOjukwu: 5:36pm On Apr 06, 2021
Kandeed:

Go and read the Book "Why You Act The Way You Do" by Tim Lahaye.

It will explain the basis of different temperament to you. With the lessons learnt, you can adapt yourself to any temperament you like. For now, you are are Pleg Mel (Phlegmatic Melancholy), you need to evolve to Phleg Choleric or Phleg Sanguine according to your post. It's possible.

2 Likes

Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by heendrix(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
Kandeed:
All my life, I've always been this guy who's always very shy, suffering from low self-esteem and is neither bold nor confident and I've tried n tried working on myself buy to no avail. it's Even that terrible that when guys are talking and I tried to throw in some contributions it always gives this type of Baba go and sit down feedback maybe cuz I've got a Small body or I'm suffering from speech defect but in the corner of my bed I'm always depressed n sad cause I always get to keep to myself always and it's been affecting me psychologically so much, I can't even approach a female big or small. so recently I felt since I tried all I could and nothing seems working at the moment I'll take up one of the military forms and apply (70% sure I'd be chosen) to see if the 9month training would drive those shy, timid and low confidence or low self-esteem since I heard or lemme say someone told me it's in military depot you go Jah and become rugged

So I've decided to bring this here to see how many contributions, advice and enlightenment that can be of great assistance. Thanks

lalasticlala
mynd44
CrazyMan 1forall

I really do understand how you feel esp that feeling of not hving to roll where man dem dey roll

Well NA depot is usually the survival of the fittest typa life over there n a whole lot should change bout you but are you sure it's really the best choice??
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
Kandeed:

The type of Life I live now is no different from a ghost. lonely, boring n isolated Death means nothing to me tbh
See let me tell you, it's all in your head

Nobody even knows a pin about you, they all have their own problems, if you are talking and people say whatever, it is their mouth
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by chatinent: 6:52pm On Apr 06, 2021
You want to be Nigeria's sacrifice to BH?
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Blue3k(m): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2021
Bro just learn to be more assertive and confident. The military a good option but you can also just enrilll in martial arts and workout more. Get a few fights under your belt you'll be fine. Other than that talk to more girls.

PS: I feel like this has been copy and pasted before. Maybe it's Deja vu.
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:

Go and read the Book "Why You Act The Way You Do" by Tim Lahaye.

It will explain the basis of different temperament to you. With the lessons learnt, you can adapt yourself to any temperament you like. For now, you are are Pleg Mel (Phlegmatic Melancholy), you need to evolve to Phleg Choleric or Phleg Sanguine according to your post. It's possible.
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by adadike(f): 11:19pm On Apr 06, 2021
cheesy these are the kind of guys I like to mentor. Oya come let me turn u to a lion over night
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by skillsinnigeria: 11:40pm On Apr 06, 2021
Erase that military idea from your mind and focus on tangible thing that will better your life
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Lanretoye(m): 12:03am On Apr 07, 2021
This nigeria that has expired is where u wanto join the military,very soon u will be jobless if not lifeless.
Only fools still believe in this country and only foolish ones will die for it.
Re: I'm About Apply to The Nigerian Military For This But..... by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 07, 2021
Kandeed:

Bro, abeg take things easy.

What's your height and weight? See, no matter what, I will advise you not to kill yourself, cause you will surely regret it.

Is better you join the military than killing yourself.

Not killing yourself is my only advise, I go appreciate am gan if you listen to me.

(1) (Reply)

Senate Alleges N7.6bn Secret Withdrawal, Summons Ahmed, AG / Buhari Meets Zulum Over Insecurity (photos) / My Experience In Orlu IMO State Last Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.