Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:15 AM

Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers (933 Views)

APC Supporters Come In Here, Your Buhari Has Brought Badluck To Nigeria. / What happened in Isreal, Goodnews For All GEJ Supporters / Can Someone Explain These Terms "recurrent" & "capital" Expenditure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by MukLdn(m): 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
Just LOL at the results below. Unbelivable. This election is a run off at the least. OR is it the "millions" of IGBO who voted in these states? cheesy

PDP

YOBE 117,128
GOMBE 290,376
JIGAWA 491,252
KADUNA 1,190,179
KANO 440,665
KATSINA 424,587
KEBBI 369,198
SOKOTO 309,057
ADAMWA 508,314
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by gernded(m): 5:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
What is it that you don't understand ? is why the people voted GEJ or what please explain more,
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by Afam4eva(m): 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2011
Why can't people just accept defeat and move on.
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by MukLdn(m): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
Defeat can be accepted when INEC explains these results.

Can you not see 419 in the above results?

Personally I dont mind GEJ, althought his party sucks the life out of our nation.
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by naso2(m): 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
You people are so clueless. you dont seem to undertstand that the political future of some of your northern governors depend on pdp doing well in some of the northern states, hence they would have used their  political clout to get people to vote for pdp even if  by monetary inducement( i am not saying this is right anyway)

Secondly why did you guys not complain about the  total votes pdp won in those states in the NASS elections?

Gej won 16 of the southern states, he was always going to win kogi,kwara,plateau,taraba,nassarawa and benue states in the north. while he definitely would get 30% of the votes cast in kaduna and adamawa states. so calculate the results. Hope you know the population of southern kaduna people and the population of southerners as a whole in kaduna?
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by aletheia(m): 5:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
^why bother? Almajiris can't do maths.
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by gregg2: 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
@Poster
I'm not a PDP member but I know that those states are governed by PDP governors.
PDP has sufficient structures on the ground. You can call them PDP strongholds.

Frankly, I expected you to question how the baby CPC got those huge figures credited to them.
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by md4real(m): 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2011
Muk-Ldn:

Just LOL at the results below. Unbelivable. This election is a run off at the least. OR is it the "millions" of IGBO who voted in these states? cheesy

PDP

YOBE 117,128
GOMBE 290,376
JIGAWA 491,252
KADUNA 1,190,179
KANO 440,665
KATSINA 424,587
KEBBI 369,198
SOKOTO 309,057
ADAMWA 508,314
its simply a case of bush-algore happening in nigeria.
You should have also seen the number of voters that turned out for the election(in contrast with what the monitors said) over 96%
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by naso2(m): 5:56pm On Apr 18, 2011
md4real:

its simply a case of bush-algore happening in nigeria.
You should have also seen the number of voters that turned out for the election(in contrast with what the monitors said) over 96%

Explain pls.
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by hasyak(m): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2011
na_so:

Explain pls.
States where more than 90% of recorded votes went to one candidate

a) Enugu State (98.54%)
b) Delta State (98.59%)
c) Anambra State(98.96%)
d) River State (98.04%)
e) Abia State (98.96%)
f) Bayelsa State (99.63%) --- His home state
g) Ebonyi State (95.57%)
h) Imo State (97.98%)

g) Akwa Ibom (94.58%)
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by MukLdn(m): 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
My Point is if GEJ is to win (most likely to happen) let it be in a fair way. Coming out with overly inflated numbers and expect it to be true e.g 100% turnout in Bayelsa. I mean Come on theres something wrong here. lols.
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by sartorius(m): 6:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
if cpc have enough agents its easy to make claims @ the tribunals, note that pple didn't mind them riggin here but I assur u that @ worst over 80-85 % of pple voted and they all wud ve voted gej and it happened up north too, He wud ve won fair and square not needin a runoff
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by Xfactoria: 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
hasyak:

States where more than 90% of recorded votes went to one candidate

a) Enugu State (98.54%)
b) Delta State (98.59%)
c) Anambra State(98.96%)
d) River State (98.04%)
e) Abia State (98.96%)
f) Bayelsa State (99.63%) --- His home state
g) Ebonyi State (95.57%)
h) Imo State (97.98%)

g) Akwa Ibom (94.58%)

Maybe you should first state who were Buhari's campaigners in those states.

Some of them don't even know him or have anybody tell them about him, the absence of CPC structure in a PDP stronghold. Then, marry that with the fact that South Easterners have demonstrated overwhelming support for Jonathan's aspiration from the beginning. . Don't forget that Buhari's miscalculation of teaming up with a Yoruba man and shunning the igbos and the south south people was considered an insult by them. In fact, BB holds nothing for the Igbos and that confirms their fear that Buhari is a hater of the Igbos. Buhari himself had written himself off there. While I'm not ruling out some malpractices, it is at best insignificant because the result is representative of the wish of the people in those states

If they conduct the elections 10 times, the result will always be like this.
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by naso2(m): 6:15pm On Apr 18, 2011
Muk-Ldn:

My Point is if GEJ is to win (most likely to happen) let it be in a fair way. Coming out with overly inflated numbers and expect it to be true e.g 100% turnout in Bayelsa. I mean Come on theres something wrong here. lols.

And how did you get 100% turnout in bayelsa?
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by MukLdn(m): 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
Thats what i read correct me if Im wrong ^
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by otokx(m): 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
But this should not warrant the type of destruction that is being unleashed on Christians and non indigenes especially youth corpers up north. Places like Minna and Sokoto that is normally peaceful are not spared.
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by naso2(m): 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
Muk-Ldn:

Thats what i read correct me if Im wrong ^

Are you talking about the turnout of voters with respect to the number of registered voters or the percentage of votes GEJ won with respect to total votes cast?
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by MukLdn(m): 6:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
yes, turnout of voters with respect to the number of registered voters ^^

(how do you quote lols ?)
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by naso2(m): 6:37pm On Apr 18, 2011
^^^^^^

see this report as at march 2. most of us are using the initial provisional report which was released in february. see this:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/uncertainty-beclouds-inec%E2%80%99s-publication-of-voters%E2%80%99-register-nass-candidates%E2%80%99-list/

AFIS still running in Bayelsa

The actual number of eligible voters in Bayelsa State is yet to be determined because INEC was still installing the state sever for the running of the registers on the AFIS which can identify multiple registration.

Though it was gathered that the commission had concluded that exercise at the ward and local government level, a source at the commission told Vanguard that a bigger state sever was being expected to enable it run the already cleared data so as to get the actual number of voters involved in multiple registration across the state.

The state Resident Electoral Commissioner, Engineer Edwin Nwatalari said though a total of [size=35pt]566,195 voters[/size] were registered in the state during the voters registration exercise the commission had received over 3,000 complaints from voters over irregularities and anomalies discovered.

Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by Eziachi: 7:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
I never in my wildest dreams ever to think that Goodluck Jonathan will be this popular in Nigeria than Chief M.K.O ABIOLA, especially in the North, even the farthest/extreme north like Katsina and Sokoto.
NIGERIA, when you thought you knew her,ego de teach you lesson. grin grin grin grin
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by Nobody: 7:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
While you people destroy Nigeria, know that Reuters also took an exit poll tally that corroborates INEC's official result.
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by dayokanu(m): 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
Eziachi:

I never in my wildest dreams ever to think that Goodluck Jonathan will be this popular in Nigeria than Chief M.K.O ABIOLA, especially in the North, even the farthest/extreme north like Katsina and Sokoto.
NIGERIA, when you thought you knew her,ego de teach you lesson. grin grin grin grin

Bros I tire oo
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by efisher(m): 8:05pm On Apr 18, 2011
PDP remains one of the strongest parties in the North. As pointed out earlier, many of the PDP stakeholders have their own loyal followers who would vote PDP anytime, anyday. PDP has grassroot structures in every nook and cranny. There are thousands of Christians everywhere in the North. There are non-hausas that will never vote for Buhari. There are thousands of others who do not like his sharia stance. Many people have their reasons for voting PDP and these reasons are not hard to see. If you see the Sultan of Sokoto, ask him for his own reasons why he backed GEJ.

On the other hand, the SS voters did not register for fun. They registered to vote and they voted with passion as though their lives depended on it. Anybody that has gone to Bayelsa can testify that 90% turnout is not impossible. If you doubt me, take a trip to Bayelsa. And remember that GEJ was at home in Bayelsa. That alone is enough stimulation for everyone to come out and vote. The polling booth where he voted is a classic example of how much he is loved.
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by md4real(m): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2011
Reuters took exit polls? What were the paremeter? Abi because they are foreign units, we should agree with them?
inec Had more personel on groung than reuter and they still had thier lapses. So what you sayiong?
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by MukLdn(m): 2:53pm On Apr 19, 2011
I Dey laugh at the people above making excuses in the face of blatent manipulation of votes.

Inflated voter tunrout in favour of PDP in SS/SE plus inflated PDP numbers in the North = 10 million lead . In reality it would have been more even and we enter run off.

The sad thing is in 2015/2019 when GEJ/Northerner runs again PDP will RIG again an nothing will change even if it is a Northener in power. This aint about race/religon.
Re: Gej Supporters Come In And Explain These Numbers by Alxmyr(m): 4:38pm On Apr 19, 2011
Muk-Ldn:

PDP

YOBE 117,128
GOMBE 290,376
JIGAWA 491,252
KADUNA 1,190,179
KANO 440,665
KATSINA 424,587
KEBBI 369,198
SOKOTO 309,057
ADAMWA 508,314

You forgot that PDP control most of this sates and the governors has influence on the people of the state.
Even the Sultan of Sokoto supported Jonathan publicly.
Most of the elites in North are not comfortable with the nuisance of these al majiris and they know Buhari's presidency will wreak havoc and fuel religious unrest as many of his followers are these al majiris.

(1) (Reply)

Benue Acn Chieftain Assassinated / Two Killed In Anambra Communal Clash •school, 11 Buildings Razed / Boko Haram Customer Care Service ( Humour Intended)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.