Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% (36270 Views)

FG Increases Number Of N-power Beneficiaries From 500,000 To 1m / Excitement As UBA Increases Staff Salaries By 170% / First Bank Of Nigeria: Salaries, Allowances, Promotion, Job Details? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by chyket(m): 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
The made so much money during the pandemic lockdown!, People had to stay in touch with aquitances and family.They also needed a whole lot of data for information, working and pleasure.The Telecommunication Companies cashed in heavily on this.

2 Likes

Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Majesty33(m): 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2021
They said the least they pay their workers is 3,500,000 per annum, lieeees from the pit of hell. Some low paid workers still earn 40k to 50k respectively.
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Duplexxx: 7:32pm On Apr 07, 2021
shocked
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Alore: 7:36pm On Apr 07, 2021
Majesty33:
They said the least they pay their workers is 3,500,000 per annum, lieeees from the pit of hell. Some low paid workers still earn 40k to 50k respectively.

You are the one ignorant of the truth of this matter. No MTN full staff is paid that low. Never!

4 Likes

Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Accountantikye(m): 7:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
Emmerlee:

Such misinformation.. This is not the way it is dear. I am in the system.
please help a brother
have not been working since this year
to eat nah wahala self
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by harjay1986: 7:43pm On Apr 07, 2021
Ahmed0336:
MTN sacked many workers and nobody is saying anything about it.

those people sacked should be under out sourcing just like in the banking sector they are casual staff not real staff a real staff will still go home with something

the reason why foreign company dey take us for granted naa because of fello Nigerian not even government

imagine a foreign company just open in Nigeria now and they employ mr A as manager... they dont know how wages is been pay in Nigeria and,they are,of the mind set of pay per,hour as it obtainable where tgey are coming from ..... fool Manager will mostly advice them that Nigerian get pay per month not per hour from this the foreigner, will grow wing once they know the lop hole in our labour law

Average Nigerian are wicked i swear let money involve you will know what people are mad e off forget abt government

1 Like

Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by lexy2014: 7:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
happybee:
My mtn line has stopped since yesterday ... And I don't know what has happened, switched off my phone countless times, removed the Sims several times too.. But still still same..
If anyone can help bout whats going on, I will be grateful...

Most likely d sim is bad
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 07, 2021
I don dey pay my dues already. Two hundred naira airtime no dey take me a minute again.
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Powersurge: 7:54pm On Apr 07, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:

The sacked workers could petition NLC

Should be laughing?
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by equity1(m): 7:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
Majesty33:
Any staff that receives that is a contract staff. The 2.5m to 3.5m list salary is their core staff.
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Hotguy27: 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2021
engrcalvin:
MTN increased salaries in a year that was marred by the Covid-19 pandemic.

• Finally, another 158 employees were moved to a salary scale of above N12.5 million per annum, its highest pay bracket.

Good news. But wait ooo.... it's like banks are still very good place to work oo outside politics and some blue chip firms in Nigeria in terms of pay packages. Large number of workers earn over N18M each. Those in the category of N12.5M are too numerous is some banks.
Workers should just appreciate wherever they work while they keep hoping for better places.
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by unclemaths(m): 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2021
wayisshut:
MTN MTN How many times will I shout your name?

Our money from recharge cards?!
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Bellotelli: 8:35pm On Apr 07, 2021
It's only fair they increase staff salaries considering their rate of stealing
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by farem: 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
MTN ..... YOU CANT BEAT THE RICH POOR

Fixed....

.for you!
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by AuroraB(f): 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2021
chy200:
Re confirm from your informant they were "heavily' paid off not sacked
I was just about telling him to be very sure of what he's said but he's slightly changed the story. Oh, well smiley

1 Like

Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by jaxxy(m): 8:53pm On Apr 07, 2021
abatically:

Some people just like to beef foreign companies for just no reason. Their mentality is like 'Na our country, u can't come to our country and make money'. Its very silly. Yet there are millions of Nigerians making money in other countries. They will beef MTN, beef DSTV. Ok let a Nigerian company come and do a better job na problem. MTN is a legitimate company doing legit business in Nigeria and other parts of Africa. In fact the only Nigerian telco company in Nigeria have the worst service. Now just imagine if that company is South African owned.

They just have to treat their hosts properly and respectfully. Not ripping them off. That’s all. Look at oil companies who’s complaining?
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Lastanza: 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2021
sylve11:

If you know the reasons behind the contracting thing ehn, you won't blame MTN but our Nigerian brothers.

Only the fittest of the fittest survives, so stay alive... cool

Please shed more light on the reasons so we don't have to blame them blindly.

I have also dislike companies that use contract staff
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by engrcalvin: 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
Emmerlee:

Such misinformation.. This is not the way it is dear. I am in the system.

Sorry oh, are you In the Technical Department? maybe you would have understood this point better since I'm more concerned about the tech guys.
I understand that the aspect of managed network operations, network performance management and spare parts management is handled by Huawei, the BSS/transmission guys that go to site to maintain those sites are majorly HUAWEI SBC staff.
but you can educate us more since you're an Insider.
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Benzemma(m): 9:48pm On Apr 07, 2021
engrcalvin:
MTN increased salaries in a year that was marred by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Nigeria’s largest mobile operator, MTN, increased the salaries of its staff in 2020 by about N4.5 billion according to findings by Nairametrics Research.
The telecom firm reported a total increase in its salaries and wages from about N25.79 billion in 2019 to about N30.2 billion in 2020, representing about 17% bump. On average, MTN paid N16.4 million per staff per annum in 2020 compared to N13.79 million per staff in 2019 representing an 18.9% increase. This is also because its headcount dropped by about 26 people.
A deep dive into its annual reports also reveals the salary increase was across the board for the year under review. Based on the increase, the least amount a staff earns is N3.5 million per annum from N2.5 million a year earlier.

Analysis of salary increases
• About 141 staff saw their salaries increase to above N3.5 million per annum in 2020.
• Another 260 staff were bumped to a salary scale of between above N7.5 and N8.5 million.
• Finally, another 158 employees were moved to a salary scale of above N12.5 million per annum, its highest pay bracket.
• In summary, a total of 599 employees received various levels of salary increases during the year.
Executive Directors of MTN also reported a pay raise from N586 million per annum in 2019 to N732 million in 2020. This is attributed to the appointment of Modupe Kadiri as Executive Director in March 2020.
Why this matters
The year 2020 was a peculiar year mostly due to the negative effects of Covid-19 which ravaged the finances of most corporations in Nigeria. At the height of the pandemic, some Nigerian companies resorted to downsizing and reduction of overheads as a strategy to maintain financial solvency. However, MTN’s salary increase is a huge departure from the norm.
• MTN reported a 15% increase in revenue (to N1.3 trillion) as Nigerians gobbled up data due to Covid-19 stay-at-home restrictions by the government and most private-sector corporations.
• MTN share price is down 6% year to date.

Credit: https://nairametrics.com/2021/04/06/mtn-increases-staff-salaries-by-17/

Are you a staff of Airtel, Glo, 9mobile? Please tell us what it feels like working there. is the pay worth it? when last was there a pay rise? is there room for career growth as seen with MTN?
. is federal gunment not blocking simcard again? Or are we on another grace period?
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by mechanics(m): 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2021
Wow, see money?
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Princedapace(m): 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
engrcalvin:

The problem is the slavery Manning system we practice in Nigeria. In South Africa MTN recruit directly but here in Nigeria most of their staff are contracted to Huawei and others which gives room for such contractors to treat people the way they feel like.

When your own people, Nigerian leaders are looting Nigeria dry, what do u expect from foreigners?

Lol
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Chucks234: 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
A full time MTN staff take home more salary than a full time staff in many Nigerian owned banks and multinational companies.

To be realistic, without MTN, we will all be in the dark age.

Imagine if only glo was the only telcom in Nigeria?

Low pay with very bad network

Where do you get this your incorrect information from?

please do yourself a favour an authenticate the source of your info and not rely on hearsay. I have worked in one of the big 3 banks owned by Nigerians and many employees earn more similar pay to what was quoted by MTN.
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Bigsteveg(m): 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2021
engrcalvin:

The problem is the slavery Manning system we practice in Nigeria. In South Africa MTN recruit directly but here in Nigeria most of their staff are contracted to Huawei and others which gives room for such contractors to treat people the way they feel like.

Rubbish......which staffs are contracted to Huawei, stop saying rubbish. Huawei manages TX for Mtn, Airtel, 9Mobile. Stop saying nonsense

1 Like

Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by clothingonline(m): 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
All multi national company should follow suit
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by bigfather(m): 10:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
happybee:
No, bro.
But its not blocked to me, the service just keeps going on and off in seconds...

Try the sim in another device.
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by engrcalvin: 10:59pm On Apr 07, 2021
Bigsteveg:

Rubbish......which staffs are contracted to Huawei, stop saying rubbish. Huawei manages TX for Mtn, Airtel, 9Mobile. Stop saying nonsense

Agreed!
BSS/TX is managed by Huawei who inturn subcontracts to other SBC's who pay them peanuts in return!
Just check for yourself if these Telcos recruit all their BSS/TX staff directly, you know how many jobs will be created right? this is where Glo needs to be applauded.
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Emma1Oj(m): 11:00pm On Apr 07, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
A full time MTN staff take home more salary than a full time staff in many Nigerian owned banks and multinational companies.

To be realistic, without MTN, we will all be in the dark age.

Imagine if only glo was the only telcom in Nigeria?

Low pay with very bad network
I'm enjoying MTN more than any network... everything about mtn is easy and going plus the numerous awuff they do give on their network... Airtel will secretly be stealing your airtime and data.

1 Like

Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Bigsteveg(m): 11:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
engrcalvin:

Agreed!
BSS/TX is managed by Huawei who inturn subcontracts to other SBC's who pay them peanuts in return!
Just check for yourself if these Telcos recruit all their BSS/TX staff directly, you know how many jobs will be created right? this is where Glo needs to be applauded.

Huawei manages TX, While IHS manages power for telecom major players. While we both agree on Huawei staffs being on contracts, IHS staffs are not contract.

I disagree with the fact that if the telecoms manages BTS/TX directly, it increases their staff strength. ... nope..
What mtn did by selling/leasing their sites allows them to focus on other important areas they need to work on to grow.

Talk about Glo, they do everything by themselves hence the situation where they are in.

Huawei needs to be cautioned on how they handle their staffs but that is not MTN problem.

Take this from an in-house person.. I would love to explain more but I am not a typing person.
Re: MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17% by Moutine(m): 12:24am On Apr 08, 2021
We need more employment opportunities..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important / 8 Abnormal Job Interview Responses / Chrisland University Massive Recruitment For Academic & Non-academic Staff(143)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.