Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,917 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:53 AM

Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? (28099 Views)

Infinity Tyres Are The Best Budget Tyre To Buy In Nigeria / Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change / Is This Vehicle Rubber Tyre The Future Of Tyres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by Ekg911(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
Bro. First of all you have to tell us the size of your cars tyre, then we could help. Please try and patronise me if you reside or travel around Yenagoa, Bayelsa state. I'm 6 years experienced automobile mechanic. I also offer car diagnosis for free for the first comers. Yomokulovie@gmail.com
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by hollas2jnr(m): 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
If can source tokunbo tyres with recent manufacture date, you're good to go... I've stopped buying brand new tyres nowadays, we have so many fakes in the country, especially China brands.
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by Yungban: 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2021
Used
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by femi4: 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
izaac23:
Pls Pals, I need to buy a tyre for my car Asap cuz the one I have now is critical, pls can any one advice me on a very good but cheap tyre to buy that cud be easily seen cuz my budget is low, it was unplanned.

Thank you for your contribution
Buy according to specifications

Check for date of production on the tire, usually 4 digit numbers

Check the thread of the tyres, it must be able to provide friction when you feel it

Check the inside, it must be patch free
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by Mrtaye: 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
emmancecute:
it is available but are you in Lagos?
Do you have for Yaris with alloy rims cos am trying to raise the absorber and will need 4 or 5 depending on price
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by mamaafrik(m): 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
Sama me your tyre specifications and i will get you original Michelin tyre (with guarantee)from the company with receipt or Tokunbo from store house.
My contact is on my signature
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by Anietie1: 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
nurey:

I bought Road X, X-motion 205/60R16 two for my vehicle in January, used it to cover 5k kms till now and still solid. Each was acquired at 18k per unit.

Don't buy Austone, double king too has adulterated ones, be carepricr ful out there

Prince too high
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by Chatflick(m): 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2021
NiklauseFred:

Guy Dem break ur heart?
Omo no be like that boss grin
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by Mrtaye: 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ladipodeal:
Tokunbo tyres prices depends on the size, some rim 15 185/60 R15 can sell for less than 5k while 205/65 R15 os about 10k. I got someone who gets them for me at Ladipo market (Daleko) at a good rate.
Most branded tyre you get as new in open market are mostly fake imported from China. The original ones are quite expensive.

Can share the guy number for anyone who is interested.

Please send me his number
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by MoniqueFresh(f): 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2021
emmancecute:
buy tokunbo with correct date of manufacture, directly from warehouse. some tokunbor could even pass for brand new. quote me if interested.

I am interested
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by portacabin: 6:30pm On Apr 18, 2021
Chatflick:
Useless posts making front page. Op can get this information offline
you can't
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by Ten06(m): 6:48pm On Apr 18, 2021
Indonesia tyres are better than China tyres, they are more durable.
The Achilles tyres I bought for my jeep recently cost 35k each. They are made on Indonesia
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by TheTourist: 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2021
fineboynl:
used tyre use to be 5k for one. things have really spoiled in this country.

I swear my brother....I was just thinking the same thing to myself now and remember how I got one for 4500 in Ibadan back in 2017 shocked
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by Grupo(m): 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2021
kuuljay:
2019 Bridgestone in tokunbo? Ha bross!!!

My Tyre is 2019 Continental. I got it as tokunbo in October last year.

I have used it to cover more than 5k miles so far. And it still looks like I got it yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by maxiuc(m): 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
kuuljay:
tomorrow morning I go snap am show you, everybody no be lie Mohammed

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by adekzy: 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2021
Need a tire too, and a better recommendation will be much appreciated. Currently base in Lagos.
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by crafteck(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Heffalump:

There are several substandard brand new tyres in the market as of today. In 2012, I bought Silverstone tyres and used them in my car for almost 5 years. The same brand I still bought for my car and within two years now, I'm begging to change them. Blame it on our dishonest and greedy importers. SON also contributes to this wickedness, being a toothless entity because of corruption.

Using for 5 years depends on distance covered and nature of road mostly plied you know.
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by PAWG(m): 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
Buy used Michelin tires
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by PAWG(m): 9:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
maxiuc:
tomorrow morning I go snap am show you, everybody no be lie Mohammed

No mind the guy, I don see people wey dey change brand new tires after 3 months sef.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by replete(m): 9:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
just imagine Michelin used to have a factory in port Harcourt while Dunlop had one in Ikeja now moved to Ghana. The Nigerian market is now flooded with fake Chinese tires. may God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by nwoyeabraham: 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2021
Old tyres cannot be compared to new one. That tyres last is based on the user. Because you can't inflate your your Tyre above the PSI and expect it to last for you. What a New tyre buyers need is guiding. I have been in the field for long and I always advice my customers n how best to use tyres that they bought from me.
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by maasoap(m): 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Heffalump:

There are several substandard brand new tyres in the market as of today. In 2012, I bought Silverstone tyres and used them in my car for almost 5 years. The same brand I still bought for my car and within two years now, I'm begging to change them. Blame it on our dishonest and greedy importers. SON also contributes to this wickedness, being a toothless entity because of corruption.

I dey tell you. I would buy some Good Ride tyres, they would last long. I would buy some, they would spoil within three months. I have up to six of them that spoilt within three months.
Now, what I do is to call the sellers of toks on weekly basis to reserve tyres that have good threads from reputable manufacturers like Maxxis, Bridgestone, Federal, Dunlop for me at slightly above normal price.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by JIkaba(m): 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
Keep off "Double King" & " Good Ride." They're useless.
P.S: don't confuse " Good Year" for "Good Ride"
A second hand "UE MAXIS" or "BridgeStone" not beyond 4yrs frm production date is better than a brand new 2021 Double King. Quote me!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by maasoap(m): 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
kuuljay:

Very much possible, we do see it from time to time. Different factors are responsible for the possibility.
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by maasoap(m): 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
JIkaba:
Keep off "Double King" & " Good Ride." They're useless.
P.S: don't confuse " Good Year" for "Good Ride"
A second hand "UE MAXIS" or "BridgeStone" not beyond 4yrs frm production date is better than a brand new 2021 Double King. Quote me!

I didn't know why it took me so long to realise that market is now flooded with fake Good Ride tyres. I bought seven in December last year: one is now condemned with punctures, two are worn-out.
I have never bought Double King.
I tried two Westlake in December last year and they are still okay now. Just a matter of time before its fake ones will flood the market
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by Besto(m): 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ekg911:
Bro. First of all you have to tell us the size of your cars tyre, then we could help. Please try and patronise me if you reside or travel around Yenagoa, Bayelsa state. I'm 6 years experienced automobile mechanic. I also offer car diagnosis for free for the first comers. Yomokulovie@gmail.com

I'm in yenagoa where is your shop and do you have good tyres?
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by mormoney85(m): 11:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
elvhinzey:

Buy Michellin tyres.
u want kill him abi grin the guy talk sey him no get enough money to buy maxie and u want him to buy marcheline ;Ddo u know how much they sell original marcheline tyres
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by JIkaba(m): 12:00am On Apr 19, 2021
Good Ride, nothing good in thr Ride. They should just stick 2 wheel barrow tyres.
maasoap:

I didn't know why it took me so long to realise that market is now flooded with fake Good Ride tyres. I bought seven in December last year: one is now condemned with punctures, two are worn-out.
I have never bought Double King.
I tried two Westlake in December last year and they are still okay now. Just a matter of time before its fake ones will flood the market
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by PAQ(m): 1:02am On Apr 19, 2021
How about Radial tires? They are quite pocket friendly. Tire gurus, are these any good? Anything to watch out for?
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by Ikaosunwon(m): 5:28am On Apr 19, 2021
In the market, we have different products from different countries. Most new tyres from China are fake not withstanding we still have some durable brands from them too just slight difference in price. There are tyres from Australia, Germany, Indonesia, Thailand, France, Serbia, Poland, India, Brazil, Japan, Italy and several others that can last very well.

Tyres like Westlake, good ride, boto, aeolus, double star, triangle, sailun are still good tyres from China but double king, rapid, three A and some others are the cheapest of China tyres, although they can last for you if you follow recommended psi.

Tyres like Dunlop, michelin, good year, maxxis, jk, Ceat, Achilles, Bridgestone, continental, Pirelli, hankook, Yokohama, forceum and so on are very good tyres. This tyres can cost like double price of some other new China tyres.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by emmancecute(m): 5:49am On Apr 19, 2021
MoniqueFresh:

I am interested
contact in my signature
Re: Which Is The Best Budget Tyre Currently Pls? by emmancecute(m): 5:57am On Apr 19, 2021
CaptainAyub:

225/45 17R.
How much and what date?
Which brand?
contact in my signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Produce Lubricants In Nigeria / My Car Speed Reduces Whenever I Switch On The AC / Jebba - Mokwa Road. Where are the contractors

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.