Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change (13994 Views)

What I Saw At A Wheel Balancing Place (tire Safety) / A Closer Look At Wheel Balancing And Alignment / What Is D Difference Between Alignment And Wheel Balancing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by eaglechild: 2:39pm On Dec 27, 2017
I want to know if this is a myth or reality. Must one do wheel balancing and alignment after purchase of new tyres.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by Dreamword24: 7:04am On Dec 28, 2017
It depend. You will have to drive the car for some days and observe it first.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by biggiyke(m): 7:05am On Dec 28, 2017
A brand new tyre is never completely perfect in terms of shape and weight. There's a limit of tolerance that manufacturers must meet. However, this minimum is still large enough to cause imbalance when the tyre is affixed to a wheel.
This imperfection can be made as close to perfection as possible with the help of tyre balancing. It doesn't mean that the tyres are now 100% perfect, it just means that the error margin is so low that the effect on the car is negligible.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:05am On Dec 28, 2017
biggiyke:
G
It's a disease, space booking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by Hardeybohwarley(m): 7:06am On Dec 28, 2017
Dreamword24:
H
Space booker why art thou a heartless bitch.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by tempex88(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2017
Yes very necessary when you replace old tyres with New ones. You should have simply just googled it rather than come here for uninformed comments

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by sidvinci(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2017
Alignment yes wheel balancing can be done when if the vibration is too much
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by oluwasegun007(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2017
I don't own a car yet.... Trusting God for one in the coming year.

30 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by Diso60090(m): 7:08am On Dec 28, 2017
eaglechild:
I want to know if this is a myth or reality.
Must one do wheel balancing and alignment after purchase of new tyres.

Go buy new shoe give shoemaker make he help you do am well again

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by pawesome(m): 7:11am On Dec 28, 2017
Very very very very compulsory..if not u reach a speed above 80km/hr and you see the whole car vibrating and shaking

6 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by Ten06(m): 7:14am On Dec 28, 2017
It is wheel balancing that is compulsory after Tyre change

5 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by lost24: 7:14am On Dec 28, 2017
Yes

U will not enjoin riding d car if d tyre r not balance ooo

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by Kashif(m): 7:17am On Dec 28, 2017
Wheel balancing is recommended any time a tyre's position, relative to the wheel is changed. This includes tyre replacement and repair.

Alignment on the other hand is recommended after suspension job, ditch run or if uneven tyre wear is noticed.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by coolestchris(m): 7:20am On Dec 28, 2017
yes do it. please rate my design

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by mammanbawa: 7:20am On Dec 28, 2017
It's not compulsory, it's necessary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by coolestchris(m): 7:20am On Dec 28, 2017
yes do it. please rate my design

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by chris4gold(m): 7:21am On Dec 28, 2017
oluwasegun007:

Oya move to trusting page, d questions na 4 car drivers grin grin grin. Me nko, I get? cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by tranxo(m): 7:24am On Dec 28, 2017
eaglechild:
I want to know if this is a myth or reality.
Must one do wheel balancing and alignment after purchase of new tyres.

ONLY wheel balancing is compulsory when replacing your tyres new/tokunbo.

Alignment is necessary only when you have effected certain repairs (ball-joint, tierod, arm, shaft, cup etc) or the car had an accident.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by Coldfeets: 7:37am On Dec 28, 2017
oluwasegun007:

I'm sure you said a similar thing around this time last year? wink

3 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by Wallade(m): 7:45am On Dec 28, 2017
Yes it is necessary.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by M12345: 7:49am On Dec 28, 2017
Oya move to trusting page, d questions na 4 car drivers grin grin grin. Me nko, I get? cheesy cheesy cheesy[/quote]
Smiles
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by pointstores(m): 7:52am On Dec 28, 2017
If wheel is not balance or shaking then u need it
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by ipobarecriminals: 7:55am On Dec 28, 2017
sad sad sad
Diso60090:

undecided
Diso60090:

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by adanny01(m): 7:57am On Dec 28, 2017
I can spot correct answers already.

Wheel balancing is not a must but you are adviced to, for driving comfort, after putting on new tires. It depends on the condition of the rims, balancing checks that condition.

Alignment is not necessary during tire change unless there was uneven tire wear of the old tires. Best time for alignment is when there is uneven wear, vehicle pulling to the left or right or after any suspension works done at the garage.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by phibetakappa: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2017
Wheel balancing is a required after a tyre change. Wheel balancing solves the issue of excessive vibrations felt in the steering wheel when you drive above 80km/h. Alignment is done after some suspension components are replaced, uneven tyre wear or when the vehicle pulls to one side when you leave the steering when driving. That is when toe and camber angles should be corrected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by ahmedio: 8:05am On Dec 28, 2017
It's called wheel balancing not tyre balancing. Once it's done it's done. Changing the tyre doesn't affect the balance of the WHEEL

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by So101: 8:55am On Dec 28, 2017
I think the purpose of balance wheel and alignment is simply to align your steering to your wheels and it’s mostly done when you work on your bolt joints or shaft or anything of such nature not necessarily a tire change except your car loses alignment in the process of tire change and that is strange to me
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by BijopsPius: 9:06am On Dec 28, 2017
House,

It is not paramount to carry out wheel balancing and alignment after tyre change out.
However,if you change tie rods and ball joints, those services need to be done.
To know if your vehicle needs wheel balancing -------If you nioticed increased steering wheel vibration when you drive to 70km/hr or more
Alignment should be done when you noticed drifting to one side while in motion,side wearing of tires (in and out).
Also, always change and fix tires of same profile and make. Never have different tire makes to avoid issues. All new tires should be at the front wheel and old tires to the rear if you can not have all the tires replaced same time.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by proff010: 9:41am On Dec 28, 2017
It is necessary
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by eaglechild: 9:48am On Dec 28, 2017
BijopsPius:
House,

It is not paramount to carry out wheel balancing and alignment after tyre change out.
However,if you change tie rods and ball joints, those services need to be done.
To know if your vehicle needs wheel balancing -------If you nioticed increased steering wheel vibration when you drive to 70km/hr or more
Alignment should be done when you noticed drifting to one side while in motion,side wearing of tires (in and out).
Also, always change and fix tires of same profile and make. Never have different tire makes to avoid issues. All new tires should be at the front wheel and old tires to the rear if you can not have all the tires replaced same time.

I didn't notice any abnormality rather ride was smoother after tyre change.
Still took it to have it checked out, the alignment was fine and after looking at the wheels they said I needn't do wheel balancing since the ride was okay.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by DaimlerBen(m): 10:00am On Dec 28, 2017
Re: Is It Compulsory To Do Wheel Balancing And Alignment After Tyre Change by besttrader: 10:54am On Dec 28, 2017
If you need to do a wheel balancing or an alignment, you'll get an ESP (Electronic Stabilization Programme) error on your dashboard if you're driving a Mercedes Benz w203 models and above I guess.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Post Pics Of Nice Cars / Using Amasco Oil Instead Of 5w30 Oil. / Volvo To Go All Electric With New Models From 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.