Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy (705 Views)

Kanu, igboho, should emulate Mandela, push for a better Nigeria- VP Osinbnjo / Give Best Caption To This Olawepo Hashim's Image and Win / Boma Goodhead: "Is Osinbajo A Christian? He Sold His Soul To Devil For Crumbs" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 07, 2021
Nigeria’s Vice President, Prof Yemi Osinbajo who started his tenure with the support of Nigerian youths is finding himself on the wrong side of history

When the Action Congress of Nigeria and the Congress for Progressive Change, two Nigerian political parties, bandied together to form the All Progressive Congress (APC) to present Muhammadu Buhari as a presidential candidate, many wondered who would be his running mate. There were speculations that Lagos’s former governor Raji Fashola would fill the post. His governance in Lagos had given him a popularity across the west African country.

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, whose godfatherism in Lagos turned the state to a patronage system, presented a relatively unknown man in the political sphere. It was a well thought out move that made Nigerians start researching who this man was: a former Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Lagos State, a pastor at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), arguably the largest church in Nigeria, and a professor of law (at the University of Lagos) whose oratory skills perhaps paled against that of former US President Barack Obama but stood excellent in Nigeria. His name was Oluyemi ‘Yemi’ Oluleke Osinbajo. Nigerians were ecstatic and praised the Machiavellian genius of Tinubu.

On the campaign trail, Nigerians got to meet their incoming VP. He cut across an image of a thinker who constantly held a pen to his mouth, pondering on what next to say or do. His dressing was not the regular babariga Nigerian politicians wore, it was more Awolowoesque, one of the constant figures in south west Nigeria who the politicians of the region emulate to deceive the public. The town hall meetings Osinbajo attended gave the feel that this new political party was ready to engage with Nigerians on the grassroots. Nigerians were too elated with this new VP material who sat down with school children in public schools waiting for food,  promoting part of the “Roadmap to a New Nigeria” plan he helped to write for the APC. The document which had a welfarist slant with provision for free education, free healthcare, and justice reform, capitalised on the frustration of Nigerians with the People’s Democratic Party who had ruled the country since 1999. Osinbajo was the salesboy and marketer of the “Roadmap to a New Nigeria.” His dynamism led many youths to support APC and vote out Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. What started as a sales role for the APC has continued as a public relations role for the Buhari- Osinbajo led government.

Since 2015, when APC was voted into power, many eyes were on Osinbajo. His role under the government had shifted from explaining economics and policies, to that of a helpless official who only showed up where crisis occurred. He seemed to play the role of the government’s pacifier to the nation. For every disaster that happened in the country, Osinbajo’s face was there to offer condolences and brief the president, followed by photo. On social media, there were more apologies. The question people asked and and is still being asked is this, why not resign? The legacy Osinbajo is charting for himself in the mind of the public could be difficult to repair. How does a professor of law, a pastor, not see the contradiction of his presence in a government that has clearly failed to live to its promises? Osinbajo’s role of placating young Nigerians quickly became visible when promises after promises to handle issues were followed with absolute inaction and silence.

Mishandling of the #EndSARS protests

The #EndSARS protests have further brought Osinbajo’s leadership skills under scrutiny. President Buhari, everyone agrees, is incompetent. Osinbajo, on whom many expected a level of integrity,  wielded that expectation to lower the anger of many young Nigerians. But the #EndSARS protests are a protest of accumulated anger that demands action, accountability and transparency. Being part of Buhari’s government is the exact opposite of what these protests are expected to fulfil.

When they are still in power, many politicians don’t place much value of their legacy after politics. How their actions or inactions fuel violence, incompetence and contribute to the daily destruction of the country seem not to bother those in power. In Osinbajo’s case, his credibility has been affected by his constant role of playing government apologist. If anything, what Nigerians will miss when this government is voted out is the well curated pictures that tell a story of incompetence, irresponsibility and inaction. Osinbajo’s more painful legacy will be that he served under a two time dictator and had no integrity to leave before the bell tolled.

https://thisisafrica.me/politics-and-society/nigerias-vp-yemi-osinbajo-and-his-tarnished-legacy/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 07, 2021
Nigerians greatest Mistake was voting Osinbajo..

Never in history have we encountered a vice president as docile as Osinbajo...Weak in actions, weak in policies and neglect of Institutions.

Let us not even talk about the unending corruption cases against him....

Correct me if I am right

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Mokason288(m): 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2021
[s]
Osagyefo98:

Never in history have we encountered a vice president as docile as Osinbajo...Weak in actions, weak in policies and neglect of Institutions.

Correct me if I am right
[/s]
You are wrong

I don’t know how old you are..
.This Vice President (Osinbajo) has been more active compared to all other Vice President’s in the history of Nigeria
Except if you want to include Tunde Idiagbon

The only problem is that he is a sheep in the Lions den

I give him so much credit to have lasted so long in the evil blood sucking party

All Nigerian Politicians have skeletons in their cupboard
Some by omission, some by commission... you can’t prove any corruption against him so please keep childish mouth shut and pray for long life for VP Osinbajo he is God’s chosen

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 07, 2021
Mokason288:
[s][/s]
You are wrong

I don’t know how old you are..
.This Vice President (Osinbajo) has been more active compared to all other Vice President’s in the history of Nigeria
Except if you want to include Tunde Idiagbon

The only problem is that he is a sheep in the Lions den

I give him so much credit to have lasted so long in the evil blood sucking party

All Nigerian Politicians have skeletons in their cupboard
Some by omission, some by commission... you can’t prove any corruption against him so please keep childish mouth shut and pray for long life for VP Osinbajo he is God’s chosen

First of all for quoting me that shows I am right

Stop using God's name to be equating rubbish.

The most docile VP in history is Osinbajo.

If Your state that is in Gods hands is the definition of omission and commission of Gods chosen people.

Then everyone there is bound to Hell fire.

Nigeria will never experience a repeat of Osinbajo again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Mokason288(m): 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2021
Osagyefo98:

If the Your state that is in Gods hands is the definition of omission and commission of Gods chosen people.

The everyone there is bound to Hell fire.

I don’t argue with children

I won’t exchange words with a kid

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2021
Mokason288:

I don’t argue with children

I won’t exchange words with a kid

Children are the ones who rush to type rubbish with so much laxity and sheer stupidditty

No wonder many of them and your likesssss are littered on nairaland.

Omission and commission...In Gods hand.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by SarkinYarki: 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2021
There is nothing wrong with his image ..My best candidate for NIGERIAs next president ..I swear will spend upto 50m supporting him if he contest

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by aremuforlife(m): 8:54pm On Apr 07, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Correct me if I am right
What have you accomplished in your entire life.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by flokii: 8:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
PYO is far better that Goodluck that Turai was sending on errands to buy Tuwo at Villa's back gate when he was VP. Atleast we saw pictures of him kneeling down to beg the then first lady like a sissy that he is.

Prof has done more than Sambo or Atiku or any other vice president in the history of this country. The only reason your likes hate him is because PMB refused to drop him for an Igbo man. Bia go and wait for your turn

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
aremuforlife:

What have you accomplished in your entire life.

For quoting me that shows I am right

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2021
SarkinYarki:
There is nothing wrong with his image ..My best candidate for NIGERIAs next president ..I swear will spend upto 50m supporting him if he contest

We have heard you Yarki.

Put your 50m in your pocket.

Affliction will never arise the second time..

next

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by TheRareGem1(f): 9:08pm On Apr 07, 2021
I read this trash and I still can't find where the headline correlates with the context. Poor written piece of shit.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by iamDrRhymes(m): 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2021
You can say whatever you want about our ever diligent and amiable Vice President. I won't waste my time to read your rhetorics because deep down I know you wish he was your father.

I will just sit here and watch you do your paid job.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by okefranci: 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Correct me if I am right
I never expected a good response from an IPOB like you, good bye

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by OLAPO1: 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2021
The role of vice-president is one that John Adams, the first person in the US to hold the position, called “the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived”.

Nigeria’s Patience Jonathan captured the situation in her sarcastic response to a journalist who asked about her husband, Goodluck Jonathan, when he was vice-president. She said: “He is in his office reading newspapers.”

But in the past few years, Nigeria’s current deputy, Yemi Osinbajo, has defied the normal expectations by spearheading a number of projects aimed at making life a bit easier for people in a country where daily existence is hard.

Npower, MSMEs AWard and projects spearheaded by Osinbajo include: Ease of Doing Business, Home Grown School Feeding Programme, MSME (Micro,Small and Medium Enterprises) Clinics, and the National Social Register.

“These projects were all conceptualised, incubated and implemented in the office of the vice-president,” said Lanre Shasore, who is in charge of planning in Osinbajo’s office. “The execution began here, before they were institutionalised elsewhere, like in the ministry of humanitarian affairs. Our office continues to work closely with relevant ministries.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by okefranci: 9:13pm On Apr 07, 2021
You are doomed for allowing me to waste my data and precious time in reading your nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by inioluwa03: 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
The fact remains that Osinbajo remains the most active VP in the history of democracy in Nigeria.
He us the most loyal VP

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Nobody: 9:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
okefranci:
I never expected a good response from an IPOB like you, good bye
For daring to quote me shows I am right afterall.
Can't devout my time to one million boys and Awawa miscreants.
Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Peappy49(f): 9:18pm On Apr 07, 2021
Osinbajo's image is intact. My vote for him in 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Dejyom(m): 9:19pm On Apr 07, 2021
When we see posts and write-ups sponsored by the oppositions and those agianst the progress of upright leaders like VP Yemi Osinbajo, we know them.
Here is the true picture of he person of Osinbajo presented by an international journal.

Click on the link and read.

htqtps://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/mar/30/activist-vice-president-yemi-osinbajo-breaks-trend-nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by RBbabe: 9:21pm On Apr 07, 2021
This is the most unfortunate thing I've ever read on the Internet.
What
How someone can sit down and compose such nonsense is mind blowing.
Maybe you were born yesterday but those of us that have experienced both tenures know which VP was docile.
Asides from the fact that one of them is a known fraudster who enriches his friends and family with Nigerias money, he is also a weakling who pays any Tom, dick and Harry to write up despicable articles that are full of lies all in the name of opposition.
Ogbeni, Rest.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by maybanks: 9:22pm On Apr 07, 2021
The way we misinterpret Issues in this country is Legendary. A man who has stayed focus to his roles as stipulated by the Constitution is now been termed as "tarnished". One thing that stands Osinbajo out is his performance in Office as VP. The testimonies are there for all to see.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Thunder1010: 9:23pm On Apr 07, 2021
You can take the whole world to write your epistle, but the fact still remain that, no vice president in the history of Nigeria has performed wonderfully well like Osinbajo. He has defined the roles of Nigeria VP which the previous leaders had failed to do..
Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Jhayphil: 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2021
This write up is a pure piece of nonsense. To think that someone with a functional brain typed that, it is shocking.
Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Thunder1010: 9:30pm On Apr 07, 2021
Osagyefo98:

Correct me if I am right

Before you begin to roll your mouth like person eating hot corn, can you briefly tell me what past VPs have done which impact lives positively? Only what we heard of GEJ was reading news papers.
Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by omoharry(f): 9:53pm On Apr 07, 2021
inioluwa03:
The fact remains that Osinbajo remains the most active VP in the history of democracy in Nigeria.
He us the most loyal VP
He is a coward and a fake pastor. He should should stop parading himself as a pastor and become a full time politicians .He should stop deceiving Nigerians that he is a man of God.He sees evil and pretend not to see it .His boss has continued to shield Fulani headmen from persecution after killing innocent people , including his people in the south west. Yet he pretends as if he is in a different planet and goes around occupying his time with things that do not impact the poor masses . So what manner of man would call himself a man of God and would continue to be part of a bad govt who oppresses his subject ? Who continues to participate in a govt that have continue to allowed so much bloodshed by the Fulanis against innocent people. While the fed govt continues to send the police and the military to protect these killers ? He is as bad as the Buhari govt . .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by demitola(m): 10:07pm On Apr 07, 2021
Which Osinbajo is this sorely mischievous writer talking about? It certainly cannot be my own StarBoy! The article above is the most useless i've read all day. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by demitola(m): 10:15pm On Apr 07, 2021
Slandering Osinbajo makes whoever is attempting such sound dumb! He is best vice president ever in this country!

#EChoke!

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by slivertongue: 10:43pm On Apr 07, 2021
flokii:
PYO is far better that Goodluck that Turai was sending on errands to buy Tuwo at Villa's back gate when he was VP. Atleast we saw pictures of him kneeling down to beg the then first lady like a sissy that he is.

Prof has done more than Sambo or Atiku or any other vice president in the history of this country. The only reason your likes hate him is because PMB refused to drop him for an Igbo man. Bia go and wait for your turn

VP police affairs. a minister appoints an acting IGP while the VP decorates him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Jimasun: 11:02pm On Apr 07, 2021
Ibos and obsession with Osinbajo.
Yeye people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Joylove2324(f): 6:43am On Apr 08, 2021
I wonder why people sold their soul for peanut just to dent the good image of a good man ? No VP has done better than Osinbajo in the history of our democracy, as a matter of fact, he is the best VP ever in terms of achievements and commitment. It's not even debatable
Re: Nigeria’s VP Osinbajo, A Man With A Tarnished Image And Legacy by Babzrockman: 6:48am On Apr 08, 2021
Osagyefo98:

First of all for quoting me that shows I am right

If Your state that is in Gods hands is the definition of omission and commission of Gods chosen people.

Then everyone there is bound to Hell fire.

It means u weren't in Nigeria when Namadi Sambo was Vice president..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Comparing And Contrasting Man United Protesters And Biafran Agitator / Could The SUPER EAGLES Rescue Nigeria? / Americans, Europeans Apply For Nigerian Citizenship – Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.