Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,170 members, 7,953,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:11 PM

Wizkid Management Reacts To Wizkid Album Clone By Wisekid - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Management Reacts To Wizkid Album Clone By Wisekid (758 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion / Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" / Russians React To Wizkid, Davido, Burna Boy Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wizkid Management Reacts To Wizkid Album Clone By Wisekid by superjab247: 8:25pm On Apr 07, 2021
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://lifestyle.thecable.ng/wizkids-manager-reacts-to-wisekids-cloning-of-made-in-lagos-album/&ved=2ahUKEwjawv-78OzvAhUK9IUKHUX_D_sQFjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw2hFq-35daGAd9UoaBisjXU

b]Wizkid’s manager Pollock speaks on cloning of MIL album by Wisekid
By Taiwo Okanlawon- April 7, 2021
[/b]

Jada Pollock, Wizkid’s manager who doubles as the mother of his third son has reacted to the cloning of ‘Made In Lagos‘, the Afrobeats singer’s 2020 album.

The talent manager and mother of one said the management of the singer are handling the situation, and it does not go unnoticed.

Video Player is loading.
PauseUnmute
Fullscreen
VDO.AI
An upcoming artiste named Wisekid reportedly made N30 million monthly since October 2020 by copying Wizkid’s album on Apple Music and Amazon.

The musician released an album and named it Lasgidi Made, but uploaded Wizkid’s Made In Lagos album with rearranged tracklist and another title to deceive streaming platforms’ algorithms.

He also cloned and uploaded Wizkid’s Made in Lagos album on shazam and tidal.

Wisekid since October earns $73,170 (N30 million) monthly, a huge chunk of Wizkid’s streams.

Reacting to the uproar that follows on social media, Pollock took to her Twitter handle on Wednesday to point out that calls to address the issue, saying her team has been working to take down all imitations of Wizkid’s works.

“RCA have been actively working on taking down the illegal uploads across all digital platforms from yesterday morning. Relating to the fraudulent “Wisekid” account. Thank you Wizkid FC for your dedication and patience. It does not go unnoticed,” she tweeted.

RCA have been actively working on taking down the illegal uploads across all digital platforms from yesterday morning. Relating to the fraudulent “Wisekid” account. Thank you Wizkid FC for your dedication and patience. It does not go unnoticed ✨

— jada.p (@jada3_p) April 7, 2021

However, Wisekid had denied the claims of copyright infringement against him, noting that Freeme Digital, a distribution company, handles the distribution of his songs.

“Pls I don’t want wahala oo .. I’m just an upcoming artist I know nothing about this and please am not the one distributing Wizkid album on apply music. I have my company that distributes my music for me so I know nothing about this news spreading all over the internet. Thank u.”

Pls I don’t want wahala oo .. I’m just an upcoming artist I know nothing about this and please am not the one distributing wizkid album on apply music . I have my company that distributes my music for me so I know nothing about this news spreading all over the internet
Thank u

— WISEKID (@wisekidaya) April 6, 2021

In response, the music firm stated that ‘Lasgidi Made’ was not distributed on its platform. The distributor also vowed to remove the rest of Wisekid’s content on its platform.

It has come to our notice that an artiste by the name of "Wisekid" claims to distribute an album titled 'Lasgidi Made' with our organization. (1)

— Freeme Digital (@freemedigital) April 6, 2021

For the purpose of transparency, we have attached below screenshots of the songs/albums that Wisekid distributed through our platform. (3). pic.twitter.com/SVizNW0BNw

— Freeme Digital (@freemedigital) April 6, 2021

we will be deleting the rest of Wisekid's content on our platform and we have informed our legal team to immediately commence investigation on the issue and prosecute the matter to the full extent of the law. (5)

— Freeme Digital

Re: Wizkid Management Reacts To Wizkid Album Clone By Wisekid by DonBenny77(m): 9:04pm On Apr 07, 2021
grin
Re: Wizkid Management Reacts To Wizkid Album Clone By Wisekid by Edimakan(m): 9:25pm On Apr 07, 2021
Guy man don cashout grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Management Reacts To Wizkid Album Clone By Wisekid by meobizy(f): 12:54pm On Apr 08, 2021
It worked for Burna Boy so it will work for this one if his music is nice. I like the “Wisekidaya” name. My guy ripped off “Wizkidayo” without a doubt. There was a 22 Savage who made a name for a few months off 21 Savage’s growing popularity. I remember fans commenting that the guy had better music compared to the original.
Re: Wizkid Management Reacts To Wizkid Album Clone By Wisekid by superjab247: 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2021
meobizy:
It worked for Burna Boy so it will work for this one if his music is nice. I like the “Wisekidaya” name. My guy ripped off “Wizkidayo” without a doubt. There was a 22 Savage who made a name for a few months off 21 Savage’s growing popularity. I remember fans commenting that the guy had better music compared to the original.
Na to just contact my studio guy and see how I go fit take blow cool cool

Watch out for buharideen asorock latest single coming out soon cool

(1) (Reply)

Ressonance Out With Controversy! / Great Reggae Collections To Share / Ur 1st Performance On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.