Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,425 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion (53667 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Who Have Beefs With Each Other (must see) / Nigeria Musicians Who Influenced Fraudulent Music To The Industry / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by KiNg0G: 10:10am On Jun 18, 2022
When I see people talking about how tiktok, instagram, social media influence the whole nigeria music and made it more opened to the masses (upcoming artist) to thrive on. I quite agreed with them but one thing they always forget is to give accolades to the two men who made it possible before those app came noticed.

We all knew how the nigeria music industry operated in the early 2000s, ( 2 decades ago) it was controlled by different cabals who called themselves record labels, from kennis music, square records, storm records, mo hit and some other few. if you don't belong to any of the aforementioned you can't get a collaboration not to talk of making it big in nigeria. they were many upcoming artist then who were so good but was never heard of because soundcity refuses to play their songs. Them never play kennis stars music finish, na you when dey ojulegba...na them want play?
Radio stations were delibartely turning down upcoming musicians record tapes except you got connection to pull some strings.

Then came wizkid and Davido, they changed the entire music scene from the hands of this cabals and the monopoly they practiced. like so many wizkid was signed to eme record when he was still a teenager. he spent few years and left, during that time alot of upcoming artist saw that they could actually thrived, since wizkid did it, davido did it within a short period of time they could also.

That was the end of the Godfatherism in the nigeria music entertainment. so many of them old school musicisns with likes of dbanj, 2face were forced to retirement home! thumbs up to wizkid and davido they made the industry opened to everyone because they practically decentralized it and they forever have my respect for that.

194 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by KiNg0G: 10:10am On Jun 18, 2022
Massive shout out to king125007

Wizkid fc and Davido fc.

We need not fight today, let's appreciate this two living legends.

Remember I'm no blogger, but a music lover

#Analyzt

Edited

seguntijan:
I think Badoo should get the accolades more.

You can link Davido with I think Don jazzy when he started

You can link Whizkid with Banky W

But Olamide Badoo was rejected because of his style of music by the bigwigs in the industry. He went to hustle for a year and sponsored himself to stardom.

To me Olamide Badoo is the hero, he let other upcoming to believe that they don't need cabals.
true but we talking about wizkid and davido.... olamide own was grace plus feature he did with wizkid omotoshan.

If he didn't feature wizkid I doubt if he would have been noticed at all

That's the reason I left olamide out

And we still can't dispute The influence those two have till today olamide can't be compared to it

Let's leave that argument for another day

nighter:

You can't mention those two in that regard without adding Olamide to the list. And no, "omo to shun" didn't fckingg bring Olamide to limelight. That's an insult and it shows you know nothing about the nigerian music industry His single "eni duro" did. Guy was so confident in himself. He even said he doesn't need to be on mtn project fame to make it in life.

Eniduro was a hit on the street of lagos, it didn't put baddo on the spotlight.. talking about the thick corners of the east or The ghettos in the south.

Let's talk true for once

I'm a southerner and till today not everyone heard about eniduro during when it was realeasd.

But same can't be said for omotoshan ft wizkid.

You can't compare the airplay they got.. That song made olamide blow home and away... parties and all... The Four corners of nigeria.
I can lecture you more

But it will be on my next post.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Fahdiga(m): 10:11am On Jun 18, 2022
So true. Respect goes to Jude Okoye also for helping to bring development to the industry too

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Tonero5200: 10:22am On Jun 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
when I see people talking about how tiktok, instagram, social media influence the whole nigeria music and made it more opened to the masses (upcoming artist) to thrive on. I quite agreed with them but one thing they always forgot is give accolades to the two men who made it possible before those app came.

we all knew how the nigeria music industry operated in the early 2000s, (decade ago) it was controlled by different cabals who called themselves record labels, from kennis music, square records, storm records, mo hit and some other few. if you don't belong to any of the aforementioned you can't get a collaboration not to talk of making it big in nigeria. they were many upcoming artist then who were so good but was never heard of because soundcity refuses to play their songs. Them never play kennis stars music finish, na you when dey ojulegba...na them they want play?

Then came wizkid and Davido, they changed the entire music scene from the hands of this cabals and the monopoly they practiced. like so many wizkid was signed to eme record when he was still a teenager. he spent few years and left, during that time alot of upcoming artist saw that they could actually thrived, since wizkid did it, davido did it within a short period of time they could also.

That was the end of the Godfatherism in the nigeria music entertainment. so many of them old school musicisns with likes of dbanj, 2face were forced to retirement home! thumbs up to wizkid and davido they made the music opened to everyone because they practically decentralized it and they forever have my respect for that.

Seun
lalasticlala

Damn so true, your topic always make sense walai
You read music for school

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 18, 2022
KiNg0G:
when I see people talking about how tiktok, instagram, social media influence the whole nigeria music and made it more opened to the masses (upcoming artist) to thrive on. I quite agreed with them but one thing they always forget is to give accolades to the two men who made it possible before those app came.

we all knew how the nigeria music industry operated in the early 2000s, ( 2 decades ago) it was controlled by different cabals who called themselves record labels, from kennis music, square records, storm records, mo hit and some other few. if you don't belong to any of the aforementioned you can't get a collaboration not to talk of making it big in nigeria. they were many upcoming artist then who were so good but was never heard of because soundcity refuses to play their songs. Them never play kennis stars music finish, na you when dey ojulegba...na them want play?
Radio stations were delibartely turning down upcoming musicians record tapes except you got connection to pull some strings.

That was the end of the Godfatherism in the nigeria music entertainment. so many of them old school musicisns with likes of dbanj, 2face were forced to retirement home! thumbs up to wizkid and davido they made the music opened to everyone because they practically decentralized it and they forever have my respect for that.

Seun
lalasticlala

Very correct, those two decentralized it all from the start even though they had their respective label as time went on.
Seeing musicians who just came within months winning awards baffled me sometimes.
Back then it wasn't like this cheesy
All thanks to wizkid and davido

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Legalcriminal: 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
Cummin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by HopeNeverDies: 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
Dammmm!!!! BigWiz x Davido Baba..

I Love Wizzy So Much! Dude is just an Handsome dude cool

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Samade7: 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Killerbag36: 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
I love Johnny mad dog song more.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
That was the end of the Godfatherism in the nigeria music entertainment. so many of them old school musicisns with likes of dbanj, 2face were forced to retirement home! thumbs up to wizkid and davido they made the industry opened to everyone because they practically decentralized it and they forever have my respect for that.
Very good and salient points you made here.

seguntijan:
I think Badoo should get the accolades more.

You can link Davido with I think Don jazzy when he started

You can link Whizkid with Banky W

But Olamide Badoo was rejected because of his style of music by the bigwigs in the industry. He went to hustle for a year and sponsored himself to stardom.

To me Olamide Badoo is the hero, he let other upcoming to believe that they don't need cabals.
This writer makes so much sense with this also.
#RESPECT Sege

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
That being said,we need to address the songs passing out wrong messages to our youths, kids and wards out there.
You listen to some songs and can't just shake your heads in disbelief shocked

For examples :
How "Kala, Daju, Wuwa Ika" (Stay aggressive, vicious, and perpetrate wickedness) emits the mouth of a musician who meant well for the society beats one's imagination.
Laudable it is, that few among these artistes pass awesome messages, address societal issues and make giant waves across the world, but the vast majority sing to inculcate bad morals.
No good message, no morals. Just vibes, beats and bushwah.

Cyber faud has become latent among Nigerian youths. Nigeria loses about $500m yearly to cybercrime, according to the Nigerian Communications Commission. Sadly, this accounts for 0.08 percent of the country’s Gross Domestic Product. A major contribution to this: bad music! Songs like 'Cashapp' by Bella Shmurda, 'Living Things' by 9ice, 'Am I Yahoo Boy' by Naira Marley and all sorts have all preached nothing but cyber fraud to (un)suspecting youths.
The ban summoned on these songs by the National Broadcasting Cooperation (NBC) could only curtail their play over the air, the songs have done great numbers over streaming platforms.
The more the listeners, the more potential cyber criminals.
There are hundreds of these immoral songs released weekly and monthly by Nigerian artistes, little wonder the pride of most youths now rides on cyber fraud.

Like the Gombe State 16-year-old Gabriel Michael who was apprehended for cybercrime on September 4, 2019, and revealed he was inspired by the music and lifestyle of Naira Marley. Hear him: "The lifestyle of Naira Marley, the way he spends money, influenced me. Marley talks about being a Yahoo boy (cyber fraudster).
My addiction to computer started at the age of seven." Millions of Michael have slipped off track, no thanks to indecent Nigerian songs.
The ripple effects of Nigerian Musicians over youths, indeed, pose a grave concern.

We hope they change and give us good songs we can dance and vibe to and not glorifying fraud and fraudsters.

GraceEverything:

Wow! The Nigerian music industry is heavily polluted. Nonsense and useless things are celebrated, songs released these days are either talking about drugs, sex, prostitution or yahoo. Nothing decent anymore.....remember the days when 2face, Soundsultan and the likes were singing real songs. Not the nonsense playing now
You are 100% right.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by RedChiefPriest: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
Good for them
After wasiu ayinde I no sabi any other musician

Make I go listen to one gbedu this afternoon sef

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Crixxx: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
All thanks to psquare, tubaba, don jazzy and all musicians that were before the birth of wizkid and David. Y'all helped shape the music industry by giving us every green jams and keeping the fire up even when there were little or no awards and no much internet globalization then.
You rock. You are the true legends and wizkid and David will forever be grateful to you all.

Ballzproblemm:
indebted for mediocre music

You don see am na

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by AmandaLuv(f): 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
This is really true. I remember when Kennis music was choking us up on TV and radio acting like gods esp that fat one called Kenny always shouting kekekekenny and then the cool and quiet but wicked one, Dayo D1.
Thank God their era is gone.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by gaby(m): 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
The advent and proliferation of these various social media apps actually did the trick.

Yeah, Davido and Wizkid brought a different dimension on the scene but heck no, they didn't popularize or viralise their own songs, these apps did. So, we should be thanking the apps.

If the producers of yore had these apps in their days, they'd have done great numbers too. Imagine the numbers "African Queen" would have done in a TikTok era. How many songs by the duo of WizKid and Davido has dropped a song in the mould of it?

That would have been the first Nigerian mainstream song to bring a grammy home.

Don't criticize the old labels, it was what it was in their time and it is what it is now, today.

103 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by PeergateIntl: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
We dey here for Dem!

David na OG, Ayo na Joy-bringer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by SaintAlbert53: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
Na so
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by mustbewell: 12:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
Get your PVC FIRST we go settle that matter later

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Ballzproblemm: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
indebted for mediocre music

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by officialwdhtv: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
I remember...kudos to wizkid and davido and the rest of the underground entertainers making 9ja music go global

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by kenbee(f): 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
Even as we are greatful to them, let's not forget to get our PVCs for Mr Peter Obi. This is a New Nigeria project!

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Parachoko: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
Everything for this life nah time

I remember when MoHit boys still dey rule Lagos. I was one of their fans.

D'banj career started nosediving the day he left MoHit Record. Oliver Twist nah him only song I feel after he left MoHit.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Whiteshield: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
Two Omoluabis

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Honor10: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
Davido and Wizkid matter be like Ronaldo and Messi

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by dfrost: 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by SenatePresdo(m): 12:16pm On Jun 18, 2022
Burna Boy is a fool!

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Whiteshield: 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2022
Anything entertainment, na Omoluabis get am.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion by Kingzeez10: 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2022
Shout to Big Wiz

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kanye West Remix Davido’s 'IF' Song With A Mass Choir / Is Masturbation Responsible For Lack Of Progress In My Music Career (pics) / #SouthAfricanMusicAwards: Man In Cloth Made Of Currency Notes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.