Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! (1503 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / The Igbo Just Lost Again!speakership Remains In Sw! / Igbo Just Lost!jonathan Sacks Igbo Minister! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by TNUBU4LIFE: 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2011
Just yesterday I indicated that if violence erupts in the north,the igbos,not even the south-southerners who are the main beneficiary of gej's 'pyrrhic victory'will suffer colossal loss from possibly misplaced anger.Why?they are crying more than the bereaved and by their sheer political naivity and loquaciousness,they ve put themselves in the arms way!While you stay on nairaland and pontificate,remember ur igbo kwenu brothers/sister you ve put in arms way!pray for them.
you need to listen on channels tv to the protest remark of the cpc party agents,they practically exonerated the south-west while blaming the SS and SE(wetin be them own) for allowing their votes to be manipulated in favor of gej.They raised serious objection to purported average 85-99% voter turnout recorded in both SS and SE even when,according to them both international and local observers reported low voter turnout in most southern states.I did a small calculation using gej's polling booth as reference point,it was reported that 480 got accredited but only 413 voted(see sunday punch 18/04/2011 page 2) equivalent of 86%(this definitely would be lesser if the 413 votes is compared to the total voter number registered in that particular booth).Now how then is it possible for pdp to get 90% of total voters registered in bayelsa state shocked shocked shocked,how many elections in the world would u ve 90% voter-turn up? undecided. This similar thing played out in most SE and SS states raising suspicion about the credibility of figures from both zones.
Instead of hiding in siberia and writing nonsense,pray for your kith and kin in the north.The yoruba is the least of your headache!

MY REMARK YESTERDAY
The yoruba made a political statement with their votes.I think d igbos shouldnt rejoice,those who stayed away will quadriple those that voted in both SE and SS!

I think a sound political scholar would appropriately decode the message,in the art of war,it is called formlessness,we are not against you and you cant confidently say we are for you,so the bargaining continues!the south east just lost again!!they are always the losers,God forbid,if there is an uprising in the north now,the igbos not even the SS bcomes the target!!the south east are poor political students!
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by sbeezy8: 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
WHAT DOES IT MATTER TO YOU?

delete this topic n face your local state regional politics.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by 2mch(m): 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2011
Orlu, Imo State: Polling booths in Orlu are deserted as only a handful of voters have come out to be accredited

Abeokuta, Ogun State: Soldiers in Abeokuta reportedly order some electoral officers to do frog jumps Grin

10:00am Enugu, Enugu State: At the polling unit in Saint Mulumba Primary School, Chime Avenue, New Haven accreditation started about 8:30am but the turnout is low. Out of seven accreditation points, only one is busy. INEC officials are sitting idle waiting for voters to turn up

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5690538-146/story.csp
shocked shocked shocked. Did the Igbo really vote Jonathan? Majority of their states have PDP governor's. Dont be mistaken. The attitude towards the election was not restricted to SW alone. Everyone expected the usual, usual. No need to stand under the sun voting. smiley
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by step1: 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
I  am Yoruba and I am with igbos on this one. Soon after they will start killing yorubas as well. Moreover why can't a SS or SE person be the president or are they not part of this country ? . In as much as we hate to take sides because of the blood and heritage in us, we should stick with SS in this one since we are one country.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by houvest: 10:31pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ OP. Clap for yourself. Keep sitting on the fence to see who wins the violence before you join the winning side. Wonderful formlessness.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by sbeezy8: 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
im not with anyone

they are all sick. but just cause theres a gej as president doesnt mean niggas should kill eachother.

i also read some comments that Mend should start bombing pipelines to kaduna refinery , , ,  what does that solve?

you nigerians are sick
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by TNUBU4LIFE: 10:44pm On Apr 18, 2011
the south-south want to burst pipelines in their locality?it does nt make sense,it is bad strategy when u make ur base a battleground during war!!I know an average igboman in the SE and SS were not consulted wen the politicians were 'cooking' the figures but they have a terrible habit of keeping quiet in the face of electoral malfeasence.The whole world saw the SS as a group of dubious people, with the rigging video on youtube,no single body,not even mend,iyc etc spoke against that incredulous cheating captured on video.I belief it was like a dress rehearsal for the epic presidential battle!!
I insist,if nigeria must change,people should consistently speak the truth!
people are dying needlessly in the north as we speak while those causing this problem are popping champagne,so so sad!
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by EzeUche2(m): 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2011
You know the Yorubas living up North suffer just like the rest of us. Even sometimes worse even though many share the same religion as the Hausa. So no Southerner is smiling.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by sbeezy8: 10:49pm On Apr 18, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

the south-south want to burst pipelines in their locality?it does nt make sense,it is bad strategy when u make your base a battleground during war!!I know an average igboman in the SE and SS were not consulted wen the politicians were 'cooking' the figures but they have a terrible habit of keeping quiet in the face of electoral malfeasence.The whole world saw the SS as a group of dubious people, with the rigging video on youtube,no single body,not even mend,iyc etc spoke against that incredulous cheating captured on video.I belief it was like a dress rehearsal for the epic presidential battle!!
I insist,if nigeria must change,people should consistently speak the truth!
people are dying needlessly in the north as we speak while those causing this problem are popping champagne,so so sad!

what does it concern you? why cant some yoruba be like me n mind your business and what you see everyday!

ive stop carrung out nigeria a while ago and only comment on things for the laugh,

if the north want to use children as voters fine if the SE SS want to vote for one candidate and increase vote like that lady fine!

who cares now you try it
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by 2mch(m): 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2011
I think Igbo's are at a disadvantage even if they did not vote as we are asked to believe. But bros Jona used them a lot for the campaign. They are 50% everywhere. This is where the problem lies, and why they will probably be more targeted in the North.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by bashr4: 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

Just yesterday I indicated that if violence erupts in the north,the igbos,not even the south-southerners who are the main beneficiary of gej's 'pyrrhic victory'will suffer colossal loss from possibly misplaced anger.Why?they are crying more than the bereaved and by their sheer political naivity and loquaciousness,they ve put themselves in the arms way!While you stay on nairaland and pontificate,remember your igbo kwenu brothers/sister you ve put in arms way!pray for them.
you need to listen on channels tv to the protest remark of the cpc party agents,they practically exonerated the south-west while blaming the SS and SE(wetin be them own) for allowing their votes to be manipulated in favor of gej.They raised serious objection to purported average 85-99% voter turnout recorded in both SS and SE even when,according to them both international and local observers reported low voter turnout in most southern states.I did a small calculation using gej's polling booth as reference point,it was reported that 480 got accredited but only 413 voted(see sunday punch 18/04/2011 page 2) equivalent of 86%(this definitely would be lesser if the 413 votes is compared to the total voter number registered in that particular booth).Now how then is it possible for pdp to get 90% of total voters registered in bayelsa state shocked shocked shocked,how many elections in the world would u ve 90% voter-turn up? undecided. This similar thing played out in most SE and SS states raising suspicion about the credibility of figures from both zones.
Instead of hiding in siberia and writing nonsense,pray for your kith and kin in the north.The yoruba is the least of your headache!

MY REMARK YESTERDAY
The yoruba made a political statement with their votes.I think d igbos shouldnt rejoice,those who stayed away will quadriple those that voted in both SE and SS!

I think a sound political scholar would appropriately decode the message,in the art of war,it is called formlessness,we are not against you and you cant confidently say we are for you,so the bargaining continues!the south east just lost again!!they are always the losers,God forbid,if there is an uprising in the north now,the igbos not even the SS bcomes the target!!the south east are poor political students!

another nairaland mumu , even if you rewind time we will vote/rig in GEJ again. never will an extrimist ,old cargo or past military dictator smell aso rock again whether igbo,hausa or yoruba. guess buhari didnt learn from how IBB was disgraced. besides our oil revenue comes from the south south they deserve the presidency more than anyother region, thank your God we are not as babaric as you , you definitely dont know how many alausa we have in southern nigeria.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by bashr4: 11:02pm On Apr 18, 2011
if e dey pain you why not carve the north out of nigeria that way you can rule yourselves forever
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ sleezy8,i understand u my brother,it is just that when kasala burst,they will be running down to yorubaland for safety and shelter.imagine,the proportion ofburden we may have to carry.just when kidnappers took over the SS and SE,all their kith and kins ran down to lagos.We must debate it,we must open their eyes to all options available to them.
@ ezeuche,now u group the yoruba with the igbos.yesterday,it was convenient to boast that the yoruba didnt vote for gej,the igbos handed the presidency to gej and blah,blah,blah from both sides of the mouth!All it takes is for us to speak the truth all the time,your brothers goofed,the cpc guys   and northerners are blaming the SS and SE!!
We must pray!!the north has been wounded seriously!!I think the yorubas are part of the north with ilorin,offa,kogi etc.It is the igbo I fear for,home is very far sad sad

@ bashr4,continue to hide to type inciting remarks while people are dying in the north.The rigging you confessed to have done has resulted into lost lives.I think pdp would still have won if people like you had not 'rigged'.May God wipe away all riggers in Nigeria including Bashr4!
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by Basseti: 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ OP

I dont know about U but I have been caught up in one of the riots in Kano.

I dont know much about ur silly political calculation and pontification, but I will tell U this. Once the rubber hits the road and the machete are drawn out and Allahu akbar chants raze thru the air, any non-muslims gets it. Nobody will stop to verify if u are ijaw, urhobo, igbo, itsekiri or yoruba.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by bashr4: 11:13pm On Apr 18, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

@ sleezy8,i understand u my brother,it is just that when kasala burst,they will be running down to yorubaland for safety and shelter.imagine,the proportion ofburden we may have to carry.just when kidnappers took over the SS and SE,all their kith and kins ran down to lagos.We must debate it,we must open their eyes to all options available to them.
@ ezeuche,now u group the yoruba with the igbos.yesterday,it was convenient to boast that the yoruba didnt vote for gej,the igbos handed the presidency to gej and blah,blah,blah from both sides of the mouth!All it takes is for us to speak the truth all the time,your brothers goofed,the cpc guys   and northerners are blaming the SS and SE!!
We must pray!!the north has been wounded seriously!!I think the yorubas are part of the north with ilorin,offa,kogi etc.It is the igbo I fear for,home is very far sad sad

@ bashr4,continue to hide to type inciting remarks while people are dying in the north.The rigging you confessed to have done has resulted into lost lives.I think pdp would still have won if people like you had not 'rigged'.May God wipe away all riggers in Nigeria including Bashr4!

your high ,actually GE should have gotten 100percent vote considering buhari did not even campaign in the SE and SS or you think its those in diaspora that read the campaign news that voted?, igbos run back to south east and not the other way round, its easy for you to kill christians in the north why dont they bring their jiahd to the south. your as babaric as the people doing the killing , wats stopping the north from leavin nigeria? anyways always remember christians are killed whether igbo ,yoruba,edo and other middle belt tribes so keep rejoicing.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
sadly,it is mostly our brothers in the east that loses most!!Even some northerners lives would not be spared. sad sad

let us pray,i think if the igbos and SS cant defend the actual votes recorded for them,they should speak up!

@ bashr,you said you rigged,maybe you went back home east to rig,yeye.No life should be wasted cos of these our leaders,when you seem to be raising ur hope about them,they just dash one's hope embarassed embarassed
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by AndreUweh(m): 11:18pm On Apr 18, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

Ezeuche never boasted that the Yoruba didn't vote for GEJ. Go back to that thread and reread. Stop all these lies about him.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ OP, what are you talking about?

When they start their were (madness)

anyone deemed 'Southerner' is a target

ur post is so ridiculous
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 18, 2011
Where is our president?
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by jason123: 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2011
@OP
You are a joke! Well, you are just one voice among millions of Yorubas and I know were the Yorubas stand. It is certainly not with the so-called North!!!
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:34pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ ezeuche is a brilliant mind and I respect his views,I may likely agree with you if he did not personally make such remarks,Igwe Ezeuche,I hail oh!I beg na all these ur brothers on nairaland they cos all these reactions from well meaning guys like us.@ Andre Uweh,abeg,where the lie angry are they not ezeuche's brothers?Just read another post titled'Ndi igbo handed the presidency to gej'.
I insist that the SS and SE must speak up against these votes if they are not convinced!If their votes are inflated,they must speak up.I know this is what the yoruba would have done.You would have seen a wole soyinka,femi falana,even tunde bakare speak up!!
Nobody in the whole SS spoke against the elctoral heists captured in the youtube video and now you want those of us not from the SS to defend them?That the votes recorded was not thumbprinted like it happened in the youtube video.The northerners are not mumu,we must put our house in order!

@ donspony,their 'were' has already started and it is going on as we speak,what offends logic is the silly moves by easterners taking credit for "rigging' for gej as the northerners now misconstrued it.
It is not funny,I warned them that it was too early for them to be putting their mouth in nothing them no know the hand and leg
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
Yorubas are being placed in the middle again, even after the lil show of "I dont care" the displayed in this election.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by sirjec(m): 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2011
@TINIBU4LIFE
We south south and south east know who the west are.

Obj came we supported him. We are not bothered if west support us. West is just sabotours

I wonder how many westerners complained during OBJ 2nd term? Can you help me with the number?

Now you are paid to cause problem between SS and SE, Child's Play

You are a fool. I was in Bauchi 2006. All the fake yoruba muslims we killed. They are much in the north. So if you think it's a SE thing, you are a fool.

Go To Hell

Goodluck Has Won And Will Win Again And Again And Again. Come out from your shell you CPC sponsored psychologist. We are more intelligent than you.

Disclose your true identity
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:41pm On Apr 18, 2011
BBC HAUSA SERVICE CONNECTION
The BBC Hausa Service has been blamed for the riots and confusion in Adamawa State following its alleged broadcast that CPC presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari had won the election in Adamawa State when the electoral commission in the state was still collating results.
The Special Adviser to the Adamawa State Governor Aminu Iyawa told journalists that the BBC broadcast was orchestrated to cause mischief and chaos.  He said violence erupted after the electoral commission announced Goodluck Jonathan of the PDP as winner in the state.
Reports from our correspondent in Adamawa say the state government has imposed a 24-hour curfew in the state after riots broke out in various parts.
[b]Several buildings and cars belonging to mostly Igbo traders were destroyed in Yola by youths on Sunday who also barricaded roads and razed the Jonathan campaign office there.[/b]So far, 3 persons have been killed, while police say they have arrested about 50 persons carrying arms and jerry cans of petrol.
THEWILL correspondent also reports that violence has spread to Michika and Mubi, the commercial hob of the state.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by TNUBU4LIFE: 11:54pm On Apr 18, 2011
@ sirjec,you dont get it at all.The objective of my post is to
1.Point out how politically naive some of my igbo brothers behaved and by so doing put their kith and kin in arms way afterall the SS can defend itself if push comes to shove.
2.To ask that we pray for our brothers and sisters who by no action of theirs have been put in arms way
3. To raise a moral question on the alleged rigging of the election by the northerners and possibly do a scientific appraisal of events to reach intelligent amicable mid-point afterall I did not vote for either of the two gladiators.I voted my Nuhu Ribadu!
4.To emphasise to my igbos brothers and sisters that no other tribe suffers most from most uprising in the north and their is need to be more circumspect in their approach to issues,the yoruba they think is their enemy will never kill them in yorubaland yet they think otherwise.
5 To possibly emind sirjec 007 who fires first and think later to please read my previous votes to confirm that I am a fan of Ribadu anyday anytime.I have opposed Buhari more than any other person on nairaland,ask Jarus et al.
6.That if truly votes were cooked up for the SS and SE,someone should please speak up.Yardua condemned the elcetion that produced him yet heaven did not fall.
I love my country but I will rather not have a country than have a country where injustice and political corruption reigns supreme.Jega did a fine job of the election but those politicians,i can never trust them!
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by sbeezy8: 12:02am On Apr 19, 2011
igbo didnt behave politically naive

who else were they going to vote for?
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by TNUBU4LIFE: 12:10am On Apr 19, 2011
@ sleezy8,i think it is their prerogative.the naivety comes from allowing that pdp party to spoil their show.How on earth did they allow their land to be violated over and over by the pdp.Why did it take the northerners to point the obvious to them that 90-95% voter turn out in their states is almost impossible!!Even the intelligent guys on nairaland fell for it and went on to defend the figures in their naivety.they inadvertently endorsed the disputed figure and took responsibility for the allegedly cooked up figures!
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by EzeUche2(m): 12:12am On Apr 19, 2011
I remember a Hausa man once told me that Yorubas are Pseudo-Muslims. First I was amazed that he knew what pseudo mean and shocked by the disdain he showed for Yoruba Muslims.

Either way, Igbos were not going to vote for Buhari or Ribadu. That is why we had that high percentage for Goodluck Jonathan. Who else would we have voted for? undecided
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:14am On Apr 19, 2011
TNUBU4LIFE:

@ sirjec,you dont get it at all.The objective of my post is to
1.Point out how politically naive some of my igbo brothers behaved and by so doing put their kith and kin in arms way afterall the SS can defend itself if push comes to shove.
2.To ask that we pray for our brothers and sisters who by no action of theirs have been put in arms way
3. To raise a moral question on the alleged rigging of the election by the northerners and possibly do a scientific appraisal of events to reach intelligent amicable mid-point afterall I did not vote for either of the two gladiators.I voted my Nuhu Ribadu!
4.To emphasise to my igbos brothers and sisters that no other tribe suffers most from most uprising in the north and their is need to be more circumspect in their approach to issues,the yoruba they think is their enemy will never kill them in yorubaland yet they think otherwise.
5 To possibly emind sirjec 007 who fires first and think later to please read my previous votes to confirm that I am a fan of Ribadu anyday anytime.I have opposed Buhari more than any other person on nairaland,ask Jarus et al.
6.That if truly votes were cooked up for the SS and SE,someone should please speak up.Yardua condemned the elcetion that produced him yet heaven did not fall.
I love my country but I will rather not have a country than have a country where injustice and political corruption reigns supreme.Jega did a fine job of the election but those politicians,i can never trust them!

i feel you.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 19, 2011
First of all, didnt Musulimi reach Yorubaland before the Hausa-Fulani lands?

Just becase we don't follow the religion blindly (who wants to follow amlmajiris) with violence does not make the average Yoruba muslim a fake.
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by Becomricho: 12:15am On Apr 19, 2011
jonathan is igbo
Re: The Igbo Just Lost Again!the North Is Not Smiling! by sbeezy8: 12:17am On Apr 19, 2011
i met a fulani from senegal that said hausas in nigeria are not real muslims go figure

@tinibu4life why concentrate on ss/se WHEN  there were CHILDREN voting in the north aswell.

ITS ONLY ON NL YOU HEAR DIS NONSENSE. i have not heard any person that had problem with votes in the sss/se so why are you making it ur problem?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lists Of Nigerian Companies Who Benefitted From Subsidy / Train Kills Man At Oyingbo / Meet The 10 Richest Pastors In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.