Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity (1567 Views)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Hubby Caught Me Using Contraceptives!!! / Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by minto(m): 11:37pm On Jul 09, 2007
My friend is 35 and her husband 42. They met and got married here 4yrs. ago but no issue yet. She claims her husband always frustrate her efforts of getting pregnant and each time she tried to make him see reasons why they  need it, he said she's been too much in a hurry and that they need to take their time.  Now, she's running out of patience, her parents back home are eager to have a grandchild but the husband says there is more to marriage than baby making.
   She turned to me for a piece of advice on what to do and I'm very sure she'll appreciate yours too.
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by bluesky4(f): 12:28am On Jul 10, 2007
Yes there is more to marriage then baby makin. Having a child is a huge responsibility, and the marriage can change. Its good that the couple can explore and get to know each other, coz when they have children its going to be hard for them to have alone time. However theyve been married for 4 years no, the honeymoon period doesnt last that long.

Does her husband want to have a child at all?

if he doesnt want to have a child, then i suggest they discuss about this issue.

if he does want to have a child, he should know the implications of leaving it laterThereA womans fertility decreases as she gets older, meaning it gets harder conceiving.
There is also high risk of child being born prematurely and high risk of downs syndrome aswell.
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by PTBNaija(f): 3:51am On Jul 10, 2007
The woman is 35, she doesn't have many more child-bearing years left. Does the husband not see this? Tell her to let her husband know that if he wants to have kids with her, they better start moving.
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by mamaput(f): 8:03am On Jul 10, 2007
If she is not Nigerian he is only using her for paper and dose not want left overs when he goes
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by ademiller(f): 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2008
i gat two answers for ur girlfriend

one the guy is guy

or

two he is impotent

case closed tongue
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by ademiller(f): 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2008
i meant gay, oops!! grin

the guy is gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy grin
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by Akinagirl(f): 12:39am On Aug 08, 2008
Hes gay b/c he doesn't want children? Now, you re right he may be impotent, but if so he needs to tell his wife.
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by benincitys(f): 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2008
maybe he have kids already she is 35 she should sit him down and talk to him .
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by titilaelae(f): 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2008
It's obvious your friend's husband has something up his sleeve. A typical Nigerian man of 42yrs  must be highly interested in baby-making.  Doesn't he consider the wife's age and the attendant risk of late child bearing? If the wife has never conceived once since 4yrs of marriage am afraid the guy may have fertility (or is it sterility) issues or has deliberately done some kind of family planning.It's also possible he has another wife and child/ren elsewhere. If I were that wife, I would just put it to him one day that I missed my period and watch his reaction. If he's not excited and acts as  if he doesn't believe me then I'd know I've been trapped and inform his parents. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by SleekReek(m): 3:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
The poster didn't say they don't have sex,so being impotent may not be the problem but he is definitely behaving funny and hiding something. It could be one of the following

!)The man already has children from another lady.
2)He has no intention of having the marriage last long.
3)He may know he can't have children
4)He is really not interested in having children because of his age and just want to spend time with his wife.

Whatever let her sit him down and lovingly speak with him and creat an atmosphere for him to honestly let her know whats the issue.
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by dayokanu(m): 3:53pm On Jul 26, 2011
Do the phock using condom?
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by MissIfe(f): 4:06pm On Jul 26, 2011
I'm surprised that they got married late (31 for her and 38 for him) and don't seem like they discussed the "children" topic earlier. I married young but if i had to wait til my thirties to get married "baby" would definitely have been the first topic on my list with any possible "future husband".

I just don't get it. How did they got so far (4 yrs of marriage) at this age and still don't agree on such a crucial topic? I know of people who don't want children at all but they make it very clear with their partners at the beginning of every relationship. Or is it that the man already told her that he is not interested in having children, and the lady overlooked it, thinking that he would change his mind after getting married? big mistake if that's the case,
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by esosaidow: 4:46pm On Jul 26, 2011
It's obvious your friend's husband has something up his sleeve. A typical Nigerian man of 42yrs must be highly interested in baby-making. Doesn't he consider the wife's age and the attendant risk of late child bearing? If the wife has never conceived once since 4yrs of marriage am afraid the guy may have fertility (or is it sterility) issues or has deliberately done some kind of family planning.It's also possible he has another wife and child/ren elsewhere. If I were that wife, I would just put it to him one day that I missed my period and watch his reaction. If he's not excited and acts as if he doesn't believe me then I'd know I've been trapped and inform his parents.

i like that approach, but really they need to talk abt it. The man should let her know when he wld love to have children if its when hes 70 etc, if shes not ok wt his timg she shld make him understand dat in relationships couples have to make sacrifices. Shes a woman. Child bearing at a later age is wt alot of risks, even to her life. If he loves her this is 1 area i think he shld show some sensitivity. If hes still adamant on her not havg any babies anytime sooon, ehn lipsrsealed
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by ronkebp(f): 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
The guy has problems, the lady should better involve both families oooo, time is running out on her part, 35, when will she have her children?, something is definitely wrong.
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by tpia5: 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2011
something's fishy about the man.
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2011
tpia@:

something's fishy about the man.

Yes, you guessed right. at 35 she is reaching her last bus-stop, but some women have been known to drive way past their bus-stops and are making babies at 45 shocked but that is no excuse. even the very impoverished poor still live on N7,000 per month and have up to 3 kids and holding the house down (barely)

The man needs deliverance or better yet he should tell you the real truth
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by armyofone(m): 1:56pm On Jul 27, 2011
35 years old for a female is reaching her last bus stop?? who told you that it applies in this age tongue grin not really. she is just at the begining. the problem is her man not wanting to have kids. she has to dig deeper into the reason behind his not wanting babies.
Re: She Needs A Baby, Hubby Says It's Not A Necessity by samtoye(m): 4:47pm On Aug 05, 2011
Sleek Reek:

The poster didn't say they don't Be Intimate,so being impotent may not be the problem but he is definitely behaving funny and hiding something. It could be one of the following

!)The man already has children from another lady.
2)He has no intention of having the marriage last long.
3)He may know he can't have children
4)He is really not interested in having children because of his age and just want to spend time with his wife.

Whatever let her sit him down and lovingly speak with him and creat an atmosphere for him to honestly let her know whats the issue.

You just spoke my mind! as simple as that!

(1) (Reply)

Is A Male Child Important? / Help! Its Been 120 Days Since We Became Intimate After Child Birth. / 8 Silent Ways Your Hubby Is Screaming 'I Love You!'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.