Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? (801 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / Couple Celebrate Over 50 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by LadySarah: 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2021
grin
You know the lifestyle you thought no one would change until marriage happened.

Me:I rarely ironed as a single lady which meant that my dress sense was bleh and i couldn't care less.I just wear whatever clean cloth within reach but getting married to a 24/7 corporate dresser,i sat up.He didnt nag but made it a duty for me to assemble my clothes for the week to be ironed every sunday evening.lol

My Lasgidi brought up Sister inlaw got married to my nephew and they settled in the east.Prior to the marriage,she hardly understood Igbo.

Recently visited just after a year and saw her rapping in Igbo.I asked how it happened and she said,each time she spoke English her Husband will feign deafness or tell her he doesnt understand English.lol

The floor is open.

5 Likes

Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by Fahdiga(m): 8:42pm On Apr 08, 2021
Will soon make adjustments
Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by houseontherock: 8:46pm On Apr 08, 2021
Stopped eating hot spicy food
Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by XXXXTENTACION: 9:10pm On Apr 08, 2021
Lets wait for the married folks....
Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by NoToPile: 9:43pm On Apr 08, 2021
Learnt how to eat beans as a choice food.

I think I ate more beans in the first three years of my marriage than I have ever eaten, before I got married I can never say I am hungry and beans will come to my mind lailai, but hubby loves the thing ehn.

2 Likes

Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by AishaYesufu: 9:56pm On Apr 08, 2021
Wait for the lies
Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by kovic7(m): 10:33pm On Apr 08, 2021
Stop masturbating.....
Wifey told me her hole is mine forever so no need to be wanking off.....

2 Likes

Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by HealerH: 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2021
Sorry if I'm not supposed to be commenting.
The Association of Single Folks (ASF) sent me to represent them of this topic.

We wish to let people know that it is normal to adjust to cultures when one gets into a conjugal life. But it is wrong to change whom one is. People should be able to differentiate "changing what you do" from "changing who you are". Always be who you are, but you can change how you exteriorize who you are.

And on this, we felicitate the OP for choosing the perfect expression for the title of the thread.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by kodix(m): 12:50am On Apr 09, 2021
Na women go make adjustment naw not a man,is a favour marrying her self.wetin concern man and adjustment.
Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 1:47am On Apr 09, 2021
Stopped traveling every vacation and reduced my outings. Before now, at every long weekend, I find a place or friend to go visit.

Also, I was the type that visits friends all the time or have friends visit me. Now, I rarely go to visit or have friends over. I changed cities though after marriage and don't have much friends yet.
Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by LadySarah: 3:32am On Apr 09, 2021
NoToPile:
Learnt how to eat beans as a choice food.

I think I ate more beans in the first three years of my marriage than I have ever eaten, before I got married I can never say I am hungry and beans will come to my mind lailai, but hubby loves the thing ehn.

I did teach him to eat it too.He hated it with passion before then.
Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by HealerH: 5:43am On Apr 09, 2021
kodix:
Na women go make adjustment naw not a man,is a favour marrying her self.wetin concern man and adjustment.

If the man bought the woman the way he bought his dog, then the woman alone might have to adjust. If he didn't buy her, that is, if the two of them (man and woman) truly got "married" to themselves, then both partners might have to adjust.

Please, slavery has been banned many years ago. Don't go into marriage with this your mentality.

4 Likes

Re: Adjustments You Made Because Of Marriage? by Ulunne777(f): 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2023
Somebody's son spoilt me totally. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Just Lost My Dad / Danger Of Having A Promiscuous Wife / Is Will Valid After A Court Marriage ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.