Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Mobile Phone Application Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mobile Phone Application Programming (6025 Views)

Share Your Mobile Phone Application Made By You / I Can Use Vb.net Perfectly But Pls How Can I Write A Phone Application With It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Phone Application Programming by talk2hb1(m): 6:08am On Apr 19, 2011
Hello guys I think we should start a thread on mobile phone application development. We could develop application to target our local market just like the indians, they are not better of than us, they were only able to dominate the IT industry because they were able to take care of their home IT wise.
I have developed series of application for my p900 which is a symbian phone using python pys60, I can't say much cos I am still learning python. I dont know what you guys think about it? either java or python lets do something for our home country so that my mummy selling pomo can benefit from it.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by DAPMAN601: 8:33am On Apr 19, 2011
I like ur idea,i am learning android dev.cuz it is opensource,we hv a thread here already,check android developers.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by talk2hb1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
please where is the link yo the thread so Me too can enjoy it. thanx bro
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by NumberOne2(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
Nice, can you share the app(s) you've done? You can view mine at www.greenspek.com
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 21, 2011
Am currently taking Android and Blackberry,though i will be sincere esp Blackberry it's quite intimidating but its nice.
Quick Tips for Developing on the Blackberry Platform
1.First of all get the NairaDebit card to get Signed Keys fro your Application it's free but requires a Master Card i used GTBank Debit NairaMaster Card.
2.When you get your keys, you will need a Good IDE my recommendation is Eclipse IDE download it from there Site with the Blackberry Java Eclipse Plugin or you can use Blackberry's IDE though its a bit outdated but chances are you might keep both.as Eclipse has issues i had to use BB Ant Builder and BB IDE while Using Eclipse to debug.
3.Download Simulator ,a simulator is an emulator device with a specified version,u will need to download at least one Torch Screen,an under powered phone like curve 2 and one high end for 5.0 and any 6.0 device.
4.All Simulator comes with samples and applications so its all good learning from scratch.
5.Sign your Application with Blackberry via your keys using the Eclipse or Blackberry IDE

Blackberry Development is not hard but also not that easy as customizing interfaces requires you to make use of Graphics which is so primitive compared to Android and C# Mobile.

i hope to send the book to one person so they can share it with others,Knowledge is Key who knows we might create an app that will help nigeria in its Elections and stuff.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by NumberOne2(m): 11:27pm On Apr 21, 2011
The key used for the signing, were they from blackberry itself or verisign?

I'm asking cos if you sign an app with your own certificate, chances are the BB device will reject the app cos it doesn't recognize the certificate.

Who issues the certificate?
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 22, 2011
Blackberry RIM
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Nobody: 12:53am On Apr 22, 2011
The Keys are just access to allow your device access the RIM API else you might be stuck with J2ME,this is quite different from the Blackberry App World they can reject your app based on certain reason.i don't intend to sell apps on the appworld
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by jshwilton(m): 8:54pm On Apr 22, 2011
Pcguru, Can i have ur number? I'm working on a project right now n i think i can use ur help. U may send me an sms on 08055129701. Lots of thanks.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 22, 2011
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by NumberOne2(m): 1:35am On Apr 24, 2011
I didn't know BB rejected apps. I thought it was only Apple. Have you had any experience with the BB app world? I ask cos you said you aren't going to go through it. I intended pushing some apps through it.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 25, 2011
They don't reject apps just like that unless its a clear copy cat of another software
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 25, 2011
1.Where to get Signed Keys for BB without it,People can't use your Apps u can use the mastercard Debit Naira it worked for me GTB
https://www.blackberry.com/SignedKeys/

2.Eclipse IDE
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/eclipse-ide-java-developers/heliossr2

3.Update Eclipse to Install the Java Blackberry Plugin Please don't use the Update Site oh i did and the way it works for me is Not the Idea way i can only connect to the Simulator for Debugging and Depend on Blackberry Ant to Complile this is a f**** Long Cut and will Depress u learn frommy mistake.
http://us.blackberry.com/developers/javaappdev/javaplugin.jsp

4.Download Simulators One for 6.0 ,One for 5.0 Low End Phone(Curve2) and High End Phone and Touch(Storm) and High End No Touch (Bold) u can for 4.5 if u like.
http://us.blackberry.com/developers/resources/simulators.jsp

5.Documentation,Guidelines and Sample Code(Even if u are a pure Guru a little Guidance won't kill all Simulator Comes with Sample Codes touching each Aspect
http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/?userType=21

6.Remember to buy pc guru a beer or invite me to that party with nude babes(Donpuzo wink

Take care all,am sure am getting banned.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 25, 2011
5.5 The Most Important and Crucial of All Join the Blackberry Forum,Twitter my username is dojoKid there,trust me you will need it they answer well.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/bd-p/java_dev
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by talk2hb1(m): 12:24am On Apr 26, 2011
Thanks bro we really appreciate this
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by NumberOne2(m): 1:14am On Apr 26, 2011
You don't have to sign your apps for it to run on a BB device. The signing is very important if your app wants to access certain sensitive API. E.g. IMEI number or if your app wants to access BES etc.
To test an app, you can simply upload it (jad and cod files) on a web server and configure the MIME type of the server and you're good to go.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 26, 2011
True,majority might not need to sign apps.but without it I have no access to SQLite,which I want.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2011
wink i now understand, i was kinda fascinated by how much you knew that almost all classes in the RIM API didn't need key signing till i checked your website,nice one.you already have indepth with J2ME,nice one.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by NumberOne2(m): 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2011
Thanks man. I haven't really had time to add more apps to the list. Have a few in my head. Judging from the phone categories that have used my apps, I can say Nokia is by far the most popular in this country. I was surprised by the number of BB downloads. Not as strong as Nokia but quite impressive and encouraging. BB is expanding pretty fast here.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by NumberOne2(m): 11:42pm On Apr 26, 2011
Thanks man. I haven't really had time to add more apps to the list. Have a few in my head. Judging from the phone categories that have used my apps, I can say Nokia is by far the most popular in this country. I was surprised by the number of BB downloads. Not as strong as Nokia but quite impressive and encouraging. BB is expanding pretty fast here.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by abes(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2011
You guys should check out this SDK "MoSync"

www.mosync.com

MoSync makes it easy, fun and cost efficient to develop mobile application for all the major platforms. Using C++ and a set of powerful APIs, you can harness the full power of modern smartphone platforms while still supporting Java ME devices using a single codebase.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by UncleJJ(m): 12:11pm On Apr 28, 2011
cheesy  UNBELIEVABLE

I have been going round in circles about mobile applications  and the "mobile economy" and how much money is floating around right it now.

You can see detail statistics here
[url]http://mobithinking.com/stats-corner/global-mobile-statistics-2011-all-quality-mobile-marketing-research-mobile-web-stats-su[/url

I am not a programmer cool I am the guy that crunches the numbers.  

I can do market analysis, forecast e.t.c,  if you can go here
[url]http://www.google.com/insights/search/#q=youtube%2Cblackberry&geo=NG&date=1%2F2009%2028m&cmpt=q[/url]

, I would like us to get a team together maybe 4 at most five developer with vast experience in mobile apps and web development.

i already have one app idea in relation to the data above ,  there so much possibilities, if we work as a team.

Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by keboy: 12:46pm On Apr 28, 2011
Please can any one help me with a good place I can go for mobile application development training either in Nigeria or India. Please send me the company name: annyok@ymail.com. Thanks, One love
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2011
You have to be specific on what platform you intend to focus on whether Java(Android,Blackberry),Objective C for Apple,Web Technologies(Flash,JavaScript,CSS,HTML(5)),.NET Microsoft Mobile or J2ME(General Mobile Apps).
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by keboy: 1:13pm On Apr 30, 2011
j2me
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by NumberOne2(m): 12:42pm On May 01, 2011
This an FREE Ebook written by P. T. Barnum titled ART OF MONEY GETTING. This book really changed my life financially so I made it an mobile app so the next generation can read it.Get Blackberry and Java downloads at http://www.greenspek.com/money. Enjoy.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Thatdave(m): 1:54pm On May 04, 2011
hi guys. i want to be developing .jar mobile apps what language and IDE do i use? where do i even start? am a php programmer and a web developer. is this an adge?
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by sweetpawn1: 1:49am On May 05, 2011
install netbeans on your system and go online for tutorials on how to develop mobile phone app with netbeans. it's really easy! yes your php skills will help as its syntax is similar to j2me.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by c6: 1:52am On May 10, 2011
plz, am so impressed with naiaraland in general esp all this techie forums.
I also wanna go into mobile application development, how do i start?
c#(intermediate) cheesy
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by Nobody: 8:02am On May 11, 2011
To all sorry for not responding,was having issues at work and personal life.i think am sorted out.
Re: Mobile Phone Application Programming by egift(m): 6:53pm On May 13, 2011
Interested 08097876284

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check My App Pin Pals Out / How To Install Pyqt On Windows? / Download Asp.net Mvc 5 Essential Training Video Tutorial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.