Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 (1021 Views)

10 Missing Soldiers Found Dead In Konshisha, Benue State / No Fewer Than 18 Nigerian Army Generals Test Positive For COVID-19 / Stolen N400m: Army Sends Hakeem Otiki, Missing Soldiers’ Commander On Course (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by Successionist(m): 10:22am On Apr 09, 2021
Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead
No fewer than 10 troops of Nigerian Army and one military police officer have been found dead in Konshisha Local Government Area of Benue...

No fewer than 10 troops of Nigerian Army and one military police officer have been found dead in Konshisha Local Government Area of Benue State.

The development generated tension in the community as the army authorities deployed troops to fish out the perpetrators of the dastardly act.

In a statement made available to journalists, Nigerian Army spokesman, Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Yerima, confirmed the killings of the troops by yet-to-be-identified individuals.

Yerima explained that the bodies of slain troops were immediately evacuated, adding that efforts are ongoing to track down those who perpetrated the crime in order to bring them to justice.

He said, ”Nigerian Army troops operating in Benue State came under attack while on routine operational task.

”The troops comprising one officer and ten soldiers were initially declared missing which prompted the deployment of a joint search and rescue team comprising NA troops and personnel of Operation Whirl Stroke.

”The search and rescue team unfortunately found all the missing troops dead in Konshisha LGA of Benue State.

”While the bodies of the slain troops were evacuated immediately, efforts are ongoing to track down the perpetrators of this heinous crime with a view to bringing them to Justice.”

The Nigerian Army, however, appealed to the public to volunteer useful information that will lead to the arrest of the perpetrators of the dastardly act.

Yerima maintained that Army remains determined to ensure that the unprovoked attack does not disrupt the general peace being enjoyed by the local inhabitants.

According to him, the COAS has directed commanders on the ground to ensure sustained efforts in order to fish out and deal decisively with these bad elements who are threatening the peace in the area.

Daily Trust reports that Benue, which has been a hotbed of clashes, has been enjoying relative peace in recent times.

https://dailytrust.com/tension-in-benue-community-as-10-missing-soldiers-are-found-dead

Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by XXXXTENTACION: 10:24am On Apr 09, 2021
Buhari is doing well undecided
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by warripekin(m): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2021
Wahala be like wetin again. I pity the innocent Nigerian soldiers who are being pushed around by this fulani APC led government. Soldiers have lost all respect in Nigeria. They are being killed at will now. They should brace for tougher days ahead. Before you and your fulani militia will kill me , I go kill you first. Buhari divided Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by THEROOKIE(m): 10:30am On Apr 09, 2021
hmmm...
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by nairalandankrah: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2021
The era of killing the people and going scot free is gone

3 Likes

Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by NigeriaIsZOO: 10:41am On Apr 09, 2021
Maybe they will still unleash more mayhem on the already beleaguered law abiding citizens.

What sort of depraved, jungle, animalistic and voodoo logic will make a supposed army to massacre its own citizens because they came under attack by hoodlums??

The sort of evil going on in Nigeria is mind boggling.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by johnkey: 10:43am On Apr 09, 2021
I hate Nigeria army with passion, any of my family wey join I disfamily you immediately
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by November1857(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2021
Stead of going after the militia that killed members, the YoruFulani Army will start killing Innocent civilians..
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by Ejiofor8220: 10:46am On Apr 09, 2021
I provide working paypal account that you can you use to send, receive and make payment on any platform that supports PayPal account, that will work well in Nigeria. You can actually enjoy the features and use PayPal in Nigeria perfectly without difficulty, all you need is to know how to use PayPal in Nigeria.I will teach you how to be withdrawing your money from PayPal to your ATM card here in Nigeria, then cash out your money from ATM .

If you need PayPal account you can contact me let deal. My WhatsApp contact is 0-7-0-6-3-3-7-4-1-5-9.
The price is very cheap.
Your satisfaction is my priority
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by CodeTemplar: 10:48am On Apr 09, 2021
In normal nations, they establish identity of the killers before acting as against sending a message.
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:50am On Apr 09, 2021
The only people Nigerian soldiers know how to kill are unarmed civilians and peaceful protesters.

Once an enemy is armed, Nigerian soldiers don't stand a chance against them
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by Baawaa(m): 10:51am On Apr 09, 2021
Who killed them
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by philo04(m): 10:57am On Apr 09, 2021
those days you hardly hear of soilders death but tody they die pass civilian
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by MrSamsung(m): 11:01am On Apr 09, 2021
Dailytrust
Please all information from this paper should not come to nairaland.
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by History555: 11:12am On Apr 09, 2021
Daily trust is are agents of fake news
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by Jostoman: 11:42am On Apr 09, 2021
Where is the picture or video of the dead soldiers? Daily trust be careful o.
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:51am On Apr 09, 2021
Lol cheesy that community is finished, soldiers will bomb them to the middle of last century then Fulani terrorists will take over their land cool
Re: Tension In Benue Community As 10 Missing Soldiers Are Found Dead No Fewer Than 1 by Tranquillity360: 12:55pm On Apr 09, 2021
No pity from here.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Join In Beating Drums Of War For Nigeria’s Break-up, Ganduje Begs Media / It’s Irresponsible For Nigerians To Expect Military Defend Them From Bandits / If President Buhari Appears In Your Parlour Today,what Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.