Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

What Will You Do??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do??? (1221 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will You Do??? by illicit(m): 10:53am On Apr 09, 2021
I was looking for accommodation in a new town.

I asked a woman who sells things to me about it.

She told her son to take me to a house near theirs. They knew the landlady and the other occupant. I eventually secured that house and this boy helped me with cleaning and parking. That was how I met him. Let's call him Ayo, about 20 years old.

In my new house

The other apartment is occupied by a Cop and his girlfriend. He has kids (boys) and they usually come around on holidays.

The boy Ayo is their family friend, he usually comes around especially when the kids are around.

There was a day this boy Ayo came to my house and he said his mum has gone to vigil and he would like to pass the night in my place.

It was somehow weird but I let him.
I expected that he would sleep on the couch but this boy stripped himself and laid on my bed. It was odd to me and I began to suspect him.

I was on the couch watching TV when he kept calling me to come to my own bed....

To cut the long story short I found out that night that the boy is gay and Hot.

I made him leave my apartment at 5 am and I barred him from coming to my place henceforth.

He has been avoiding me eversince anyway.

Now the issue is that, he hangs out a lot with my neighbors kids and he is like their guardian but I suspect that he might be influencing those kids.

How did I know?

One of them has started to tie towel around the compound, like trying to cover his non existing breasts .... ain't that weird

Their dad won't let them use the bathroom, When they have their bath beside their apartment, you will see this boy on boxers like he is hiding his genitals from who

Now I don't know if I should tell their dad about my discovery of that gay boys orientation.

This boy is a church goer and beloved on the street.
You will see him playing with everyone's kids and the women love him. You often see him with women but not girls and not boys his peer.

Something tells me that I may be victimized as the father of those boys in my compound might be bisexual and even has an unhealthy relationship with this gay boy because I see them together at odd times and moments too especially when his live in girlfriend is not around.

The boy still comes when his girlfriend is around tho.

Should I just mind my business or help those poor boys

What will u do if you were in my shoes?

Lalasticlala
Sapphiere
tosyne2much
Seun
pocohantas
divepen1
missnande
mosdii

Hintona
Rocktation
tit
Re: What Will You Do??? by lilvicky68(m): 12:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
Helps those boys..but you really need monitor that gay boy so that you fit catch am red handed..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do??? by FatherCHRISTMAS: 5:03pm On Apr 09, 2021
Inform that other man with kids right away and tell Ayo's mum too. Don't let him go and tell people in your compound another thing behind your back....

Talking from experience

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do??? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 09, 2021
This is serious!!

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do??? by illicit(m): 5:25pm On Apr 09, 2021
FatherCHRISTMAS:
Inform that other man with kids right away and tell Ayo's mum too. Don't let him go and tell people in your compound another thing behind your back....

Talking from experience

Hmmm

I am thinking that there may be something between him and the man but no evidence though

I just don't want to put myself in a tight spot or shd I just look away?

if I told the man now and there happens to be something between them, it may be that I will later blame myself

I wish there's someone else I can tell to be on the safe side

About his mum, what can I tell her and how ?
Re: What Will You Do??? by GboyegaD(m): 7:14pm On Apr 09, 2021
Find a way and move out if possible. Either ways, you are not sure of the outcome since you are suspecting your neighbor (whatever that means).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do??? by illicit(m): 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2021
GboyegaD:
Find a way and move out if possible. Either ways, you are not sure of the outcome since you are suspecting your neighbor (whatever that means).

Yes, I just imagined that if I knew the boy was gay in that very short time that I knew him, how sure am I that the kids father the cop who has known him longer doesn't know that already

I am thinking I will just keep quiet
Re: What Will You Do??? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2021
Mind your business. You only just moved in and for all you know, the person you're planning to report to may even be engaging in the act. You don't know who is who. Before you make a jackass of yourself.

The best you can do is to pray for that boy to be free from the Spirit of sodomy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do??? by mutter(f): 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2021
Being gay does not mean he will sexually abuse children.
You made a mistake not sending him out of your home that night.
If you say anything now he might implicate you.
Mind your biz and start looking for a new place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do??? by lilvicky68(m): 7:54pm On Apr 09, 2021
AsherAmari:
Mind your business. You only just moved in and for all you know, the person you're planning to report to may even be engaging in the act. You don't know who is who. Before you make a jackass of yourself.

The best you can do is to pray for that boy to be free from the Spirit of sodomy.
Prayer goes with actions..

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do??? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 09, 2021
lilvicky68:

Prayer goes with actions..

Yeah but he should tread with caution.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do??? by sisisioge: 8:02pm On Apr 09, 2021
Jesu oko ijo! I feel for you bro...too awkward but you must help the boys, keep peace, protect the boy's privacy, and keep yourself safe. How is what I dont know embarassed

That's why I dislike being familiar with neighbours, all this unnecessary exposure could have been avoided o. It is well.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do??? by GboyegaD(m): 8:19pm On Apr 09, 2021
illicit:

Yes, I just imagined that if I knew the boy was gay in that very short time that I knew him, how sure am I that the kids father the cop who has known him longer doesn't know that already

I am thinking I will just keep quiet

If possible, avoid him as much as you can.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do??? by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:06pm On Apr 09, 2021
Maybe instead of raising an alarm without proof, you can try to get close to the kids. Be friendly and show them you care.

From time to time, have discussions where you can slightly broach the topic of homosexuality and child abuse, and how victims can and should always speak up. Let them know there's no threat.

One day, ask them about the gay boy, they may completely open up, or their reaction will tell you if there's something fishy going on.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do??? by gfon(m): 6:54am On Apr 10, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
Maybe instead of raising an alarm without proof, you can try to get close to the kids. Be friendly and show them you care.

From time to time, have discussions where you can slightly broach the topic of homosexuality and child abuse, and how victims can and should always speak up. Let them know there's no threat.

One day, ask them about the gay boy, they may completely open up, or their reaction will tell you if there's something fishy going on.
best advice,follow this way.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do??? by anthonyuncle(m): 1:09pm On Apr 10, 2021
keep mute about it(for now).

get close to those kids, win their trust,and become more observant. they may even open up to you without your asking

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do??? by Fvckyouall: 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2021
yes he made gay moves on you that doesn't make him a rapist, if a girl came over to your place and undressed does that make her a little boy rapist? You should have not sent him away you should have talked to him, you are older. And it's better you keep shut about it cause if you say something and he gets killed his blood would be on your hands.
At best tell him mum or talk to him.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do??? by illicit(m): 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2021
Fvckyouall:
yes he made gay moves on you that doesn't make him a rapist, if a girl came over to your place and undressed does that make her a little boy rapist? You should have not sent him away you should have talked to him, you are older. And it's better you keep shut about it cause if you say something and he gets killed his blood would be on your hands.
At best tell him mum or talk to him.

I actually tried to talk to him but I sensed he wouldn't listen

I just went into prayer mode because I believed he was possessed, I never knew he was like that

I think I am the one who may get killed if I talked to d wrong person about it

I am still keeping shut

I don't want him around me anymore because he might be dangerous too

He is very timid, he avoids me now
Re: What Will You Do??? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
You absolutely did the right thing to send him away after he stripped himself and lay on your bed. The nerve of him to ask you to come over to your bed too; he must have thought you are gay as well or was trying to make a move on you. Next time, be careful who you allow into your home.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do??? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Apr 10, 2021
You did the right thing to send him away. What he did was uncalled for and actually constitutes sexual harassment 'cos it was an unwanted sexual behavior and advance.

This isn't the type of situation where you simply talk to the party to change and they heed. You cannot change a gay person like that, definitely not when they're an adult.

Since his mom is a Christian, she's the one you ought to speak with, then allow her to handle it. Call her aside when he's not around and have a heart-to-heart, sincere conversation with her about his behaviour at your place and his possible influence on the neighborhood kids (if he can do that to you, imagine what he has done or could do to those kids). It's possible she has observed some things about him, unless she's in denial. Thereafter, keep to your lane, stay away from him, and MYOB.

illicit:

I actually tried to talk to him but I sensed he wouldn't hear

I just went into prayer mode because I believed he was possessed, I never knew he was like that

I think I am the one who may get killed if I talked to d wrong person about it

I am still keeping shut

I don't want him around me anymore because he might harm me or poison me

He is very timid, he avoids me now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do??? by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 11, 2021
sisisioge:
embarassed

That's why I dislike being familiar with neighbours, all this unnecessary exposure could have been avoided o. It is well.
Oloun. I like to avoid what can be avoided. Na why i always dey my dey.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do??? by illicit(m): 11:52pm On Jul 19, 2023
I didn't tell anyone

(1) (Reply)

Mothers And Fathers, I Could Use Your Advice. / A Female Pastor Aka Powerful Woman Of God Just Married His Born Again Wife. / Most Nigerians Bedrooms Is Too Dirty, Unkept And Smelling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.