Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State (39007 Views)

Hiking Idere Hills - The New Tourist Attraction In Oyo State / Tourist Attraction Sites In Anambra.. Places You Should Visit / Retired Aircraft Hauled Across Roads To Become New Attraction In Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by caracas: 10:22am On Apr 10, 2021
dalass:

No where is it written that a Saint or any man/ woman should be prayed to. God has a listening ear and His hands are not short..

The brazen serpent was to be looked upon not knelt or prayed to. It was a one time event and it was destroyed when it turned into an object of worship... Hezekiah the righteous king destroyed it cos it had turned into an idol in 2Kings18:4.

Even the ark of the covenant and all its images had been taken away (removed from.earth) because it had turned into an object of worship for the people of God

I went to.a Catholic school and one statue of Mary is an idol because I see Catholic rush to its front, kneel and worship it... Simply idolatry... All the statues made of Mary and the apostles including that of Jesus should all be thrown out.. You don't need them to pray to the Almighty God!
So in other words God made a mistake by commanding Moses to creat the golden snake, he also made a mistake by commanding Aaron to build the ark? Just see the length you guys are willing to go to deny the truth. Our God is no longer the God of yesterday , today n forever?. If you see Catholics kneeling in front of the statue of our lady , they are only praying to her to help intercede on their behalf, No Catholic worship Mary.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with going through your mum to get something from your dad or your brother.....
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by dalass(f): 10:32am On Apr 10, 2021
caracas:

So in other words God made a mistake by commanding Moses to creat the golden snake, he also made a mistake by commanding Aaron to build the ark? Just see the length you guys are willing to go to deny the truth. Our God is no longer the God of yesterday , today n forever?. If you see Catholics kneeling in front of the statue of our lady , they are only praying to her to help intercede on their behalf, No Catholic worship Mary.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with going through your mum to get something from your dad or your brother.....

It is only in a skewed relationship that you need anither to get your dad's attention... undecided
The name of Jesus is enough for God the Father because Jesus paid the price to earn the name above all names, not Mary, Peter, Theresa or any other saints. They are all in the same category as we are...

Mary died and so did all other saints... None of your "patron saints" ever told any of you to pray to them.. Stop it and the silly reason that you need someone you don't really know to approach your Creator for you! Read the Scriptures so you stop erring with erroneous Church doctrines.

Mary is not your Mum! God is your Father!

If you go through someone else's mom to reach your dad. Something is certainly wrong with you! Even your dad won't pardon you... undecided

Where is the golden serpent and where is the Ark now.... To show you that God saw that those things were being misunderstood and prayed to by His people and He promptly put an end to it.. Psalm 115:8, 135:18 and countless other verses are against these idols... You're like them... Don't read only pamphlets. Read the Bible or use Google...... IT IS WRONG TO PRAY TO MARY'S IMAGE! Besides the sculptor don't see Mary before? Nonsense!
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by divineappo(m): 10:55am On Apr 10, 2021
caracas:

Chai!
Never have I seen this kind of ignorance in my history as a nairalander. I don’t even know where to start from in educating you, cos your level of ignorance is so deep.
Was it idolatry when God commanded Moses to mould a golden snake for the ppl of Israelites to look at it and be saved?
Was it idolatry when God commanded Aaron to create the ark of covenant using the images? While you are at it remember the ark of convenant represented God in the tabernacle .
Even our lord Jesus believed in images, when he said to the Pharisee “ do you have a coin?whose image is this? Then give to Caesar what belongs to Cesar “
For your info our lord Jesus was the first to creat an image of the cross for saint benedict during the latter’s quest to defeat the enemies of Christ.
The problem with most of you is that you read the Bible n get yourselves more confused.....
For your info Catholics don’t worship Mary , we venerate n honor her.
You hypocrites worship n honor your so called Gos , not minding if he is a sinner or not, you go to your pastors for prayers n deliverance..... yet you condemn Catholics for honoring n venerating the mother of God, The queen of heaven, the one assumed into heaven, the one God hailed as the blessed amongst all women n full of grace. The one to crush the head of the serpent,the one that sits silently in heaven beside her son, The queen of the apostles n all the saints...etc

OUR LADY QUEEN OF PERPETUAL HELP ,
PRAY FOR US
everything you have written here, you didn't mention one single scripture to back it up, that shows u are lost

So, Mary is the Queen of Heaven? who made her Queen of Heaven? Where is it written in scriptures?
Chai!!

Where is it written that Mary the mother of JESUS is seating beside her son JESUS in Heaven? which bible? Some day, you guys will tell us how Mary is pounding yam for her son JESUS in Heaven, Lol

Which scripture says that "Mary is the one to crush the head of the serpent the devil?
You are totally misled, and lost Sir

Your ignorance is legendary.

1 Like

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by divineappo(m): 11:00am On Apr 10, 2021
dalass:

It is only in a skewed relationship that you need anither to get your dad's attention... undecided
The name of Jesus is enough for God the Father because Jesus paid the price to earn the name above all names, not Mary, Peter, Theresa or any other saints. They are all in the same category as we are...

Mary died and so did all other saints... None of your "patron saints" ever told any of you to pray to them.. Stop it and the silly reason that you need someone you don't really know to approach your Creator for you! Read the Scriptures so you stop erring with erroneous Church doctrines.

If you go through someone else's mom to reach your dad. Something is certainly wrong with you! Even your dad won't pardon you... undecided

Where is the golden serpent and where is the Ark now.... To show you that God saw that those things were being misunderstood and prayed to by His people and He promptly put an end to it.. Psalm 115:8, 135:18 and countless other verses are against these idols... You're like them... Don't read only pamphlets. Read the Bible or use Google...... IT IS WRONG TO PRAY TO MARY'S IMAGE! Besides the sculptor don't see Mary before? Nonsense!
intelligent reply

Thanks, am learning from your comments also

1 Like

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by dalass(f): 11:08am On Apr 10, 2021
divineappo:
intelligent reply

Thanks for that. I appreciate it wink
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by caracas: 2:17pm On Apr 10, 2021
divineappo:
everything you have written here, you didn't mention one single scripture to back it up, that shows u are lost

So, Mary is the Queen of Heaven? who made her Queen of Heaven? Where is it written in scriptures?
Chai!!

Where is it written that Mary the mother of JESUS is seating beside her son JESUS in Heaven? which bible? Some day, you guys will tell us how Mary is pounding yam for her son JESUS in Heaven, Lol

Which scripture says that "Mary is the one to crush the head of the serpent the devil?
You are totally misled, and lost Sir

Your ignorance is legendary.
I don’t have time to start quoting n cramming verses from the Bible cos it’s not necessary for your salvation, what is necessary is to be conversant with the word of God.
Keep deceiving your selves with the usual misleading phrase” where is it in the Bible “when even the Bible admonishes you otherwise. The Bible says “if everything were to be written the whole world would not contain it, these written, were written so that you may believe “.
St. Paul in his letter to the Galatians said “ remain steadfast and keep by the doctrines we have given to you either by WORD OR BY TRADITION.
The Catholic Church is far bigger than the Bible, was before the Bible n created the Bible.
The Catholic Church is the Authority not the Bible, the Bible is a tool created by the Catholic Church to help in the propagation of the word of God.
The Catholic Church is the mystical body of our lord Jesus Christ.
The Bible only contains the word of God
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word ( Jesus Christ) was God.
Learn n be saved , ignorance is a big disease
Stop been myopic , search for deep knowledge n stop been peripheral.
While seeking for knowledge do not limit yourself to the Bible, look for books on theology, history of the church n canonical books . Then n there would you be finally free of your sheer ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by Trecixnine(m): 3:15pm On Apr 10, 2021
[quote author=divineappo post=100663196] intelligent reply

Wow!

So, the statement ' Mary is not your Mum but God is your father' really makes sense to you? Where does that leave your biological father please?

Religion is truly full of dogmas!

The promoters of the two schools of thought (Mary should be venerated/not venerated) are only arguing within the ambits of their underlying religious (and hence, biased) positions.

Please, let us dwell more on how to be good people to our fellow human beings and see if we will not be better off as a people, both worldly and spiritually.
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by caracas: 4:03pm On Apr 10, 2021
dalass:

I would say av read nothing but trash n peripheral knowledge about church doctrine.
First n foremost the Catholic Church is the authority not the Bible. A lot of you don’t know where you are coming from,so would definitely not know where you’re going.

You are the biggest liar if you claim here that uve never gone tru your mum to get something from your dad or that it wasn’t much more easier going tru her.Mary is the mother of Jesus n consequently my mother. If you think she is not your mother then to hell with you I don’t care,as for me n my household she is our sweet mother n is right now in heaven with his son.
Funny thing is it doesn’t matter how much you try to paint it the other way round it won’t change nothing cos fact is fact n fact is she has been given a special privilege by God n is blessed amongst all women. For me personally i have experienced first hand the efficacy of going through our lady the blessed Virgin Mary, it’s usually faster n almost always certain.
For example , Christ performed his first miracle against his father’s wish n his own will ,because of the intercession of his mother the blessed Virgin Mary.
That’s how powerful her intercession is, honestly you Pentecostals don’t know what you’re missing....

As for your assertions on the ark of covenant i would advice you to ask for forgiveness cos you just insulted God by insinuating he is not omnipotent n omniscience. Our God Is the same today, yesterday n forever . He never makes mistakes. The lessons you should learn from the ark of covenant is that God is happy n ok with images that represent him.

Point of correction Mary is not a saint she is the queen of heaven , she was assumed into heaven and has a special place in the throne of heaven. She is far above all saints and angels how much more you.

Finally I would advice you to seek for more knowledge, make researches n not confine or limit yourself to the Bible.
Jesus n the apostles did not teach with the Bible, the Bible was created or compiled many years after the death of the apostles, the Bible was created by the Catholic Church. So the Catholic Church was before the Bible and it remains the one true authority for Christian doctrine. The Bible was created by the church as a useful tool for the propagation of the word of God.
Hence you should not limit your Christian education to the Bible. Look out for other sources like the history of the church, theological books n canonical books etc.
Our lord Jesus Christ is the one who instituted the Catholic Church and he promised to continue to teach the church till the end of time.
So Christ still teaches the church through REVELATIONS which you will never find any where in the Bible.
Know this n stop perishing for lack of knowledge.....
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by divineappo(m): 10:22pm On Apr 10, 2021
[quote author=Trecixnine post=100669934][/quote]Sir, only ignorance will make a Christian call Mary his/her mother, because no verse in scriptures mentioned Mary as the mother of Heaven or mother of all Christians

If God is not your father, then u are most definitely not a Christian. God is my father

Unbelievers also read the Bible sometimes, go read the Bible

Have a nice day
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by divineappo(m): 10:25pm On Apr 10, 2021
caracas:

I don’t have time to start quoting n cramming verses from the Bible cos it’s not necessary for your salvation, what is necessary is to be conversant with the word of God.
Keep deceiving your selves with the usual misleading phrase” where is it in the Bible “when even the Bible admonishes you otherwise. The Bible says “if everything were to be written the whole world would not contain it, these written, were written so that you may believe “.
St. Paul in his letter to the Galatians said “ remain steadfast and keep by the doctrines we have given to you either by WORD OR BY TRADITION.
The Catholic Church is far bigger than the Bible, was before the Bible n created the Bible.
The Catholic Church is the Authority not the Bible, the Bible is a tool created by the Catholic Church to help in the propagation of the word of God.
The Catholic Church is the mystical body of our lord Jesus Christ.
The Bible only contains the word of God
In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word ( Jesus Christ) was God.
Learn n be saved , ignorance is a big disease
Stop been myopic , search for deep knowledge n stop been peripheral.
While seeking for knowledge do not limit yourself to the Bible, look for books on theology, history of the church n canonical books . Then n there would you be finally free of your sheer ignorance.

you are already lost in the pool of stubborn ignorance

Have a nice day Sir
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by richboy7(m): 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2021
womenareapes1:
His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation. He has performed mighty deeds with his arm; he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
Luke 1:50‭-‬51 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/luk.1.50-51.NIV

Mary didn't said we should worshiped her or built status of her around and pray.

No bro what it meant she should be honored not worshipped. We don't pray to her rather we asked her to pray for us just like our fellow christians ask their pastors to pray for them.

Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by richboy7(m): 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2021
womenareapes1:
His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation. He has performed mighty deeds with his arm; he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
Luke 1:50‭-‬51 NIV
https://bible.com/bible/111/luk.1.50-51.NIV

Mary didn't said we should worshiped her or built status of her around and pray.

No bro what it meant she should be honored not worshipped. We don't pray to her rather we asked her to pray for us just like our fellow christians ask their pastors to pray for them.
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by dalass(f): 4:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
caracas:

I would say av read nothing but trash n peripheral knowledge about church doctrine.
First n foremost the Catholic Church is the authority not the Bible. A lot of you don’t know where you are coming from,so would definitely not know where you’re going.

You are the biggest liar if you claim here that uve never gone tru your mum to get something from your dad or that it wasn’t much more easier going tru her.Mary is the mother of Jesus n consequently my mother. If you think she is not your mother then to hell with you I don’t care,as for me n my household she is our sweet mother n is right now in heaven with his son.
Funny thing is it doesn’t matter how much you try to paint it the other way round it won’t change nothing cos fact is fact n fact is she has been given a special privilege by God n is blessed amongst all women. For me personally i have experienced first hand the efficacy of going through our lady the blessed Virgin Mary, it’s usually faster n almost always certain.
For example , Christ performed his first miracle against his father’s wish n his own will ,because of the intercession of his mother the blessed Virgin Mary.
That’s how powerful her intercession is, honestly you Pentecostals don’t know what you’re missing....

As for your assertions on the ark of covenant i would advice you to ask for forgiveness cos you just insulted God by insinuating he is not omnipotent n omniscience. Our God Is the same today, yesterday n forever . He never makes mistakes. The lessons you should learn from the ark of covenant is that God is happy n ok with images that represent him.

Point of correction Mary is not a saint she is the queen of heaven , she was assumed into heaven and has a special place in the throne of heaven. She is far above all saints and angels how much more you.

Finally I would advice you to seek for more knowledge, make researches n not confine or limit yourself to the Bible.
Jesus n the apostles did not teach with the Bible, the Bible was created or compiled many years after the death of the apostles, the Bible was created by the Catholic Church. So the Catholic Church was before the Bible and it remains the one true authority for Christian doctrine. The Bible was created by the church as a useful tool for the propagation of the word of God.
Hence you should not limit your Christian education to the Bible. Look out for other sources like the history of the church, theological books n canonical books etc.
Our lord Jesus Christ is the one who instituted the Catholic Church and he promised to continue to teach the church till the end of time.
So Christ still teaches the church through REVELATIONS which you will never find any where in the Bible.
Know this n stop perishing for lack of knowledge.....

I have NEVER gone through my mum to get anything from my dad, I get to ask him directly !

My dad hated me going through Mom or anyone else to ask him for things.... If you're spineless to ask your own dad directly even at this age for something, as I've said, something is wrong with your Father- son relationship!

Catholic Church has turned itself into a god/ monster the moment it claimed to be a higher authority than the Bible... No Church is above God's LAWS... The Scriptures...

The Catholic Church met the Bible and when it is no more, the Bible... His word is forever settled in heaven... The Bible will remain, while heaven and earth (with Catholic church/ Popes) have all passed away...

The Catholic compiled God's laws but did write the Bible!

Give a bible verse where Mary is queen of heaven! Another syrophecian woman got a miracle though she didn't deserve it yet, the fact that Jesus wasnt supposed to heal her offspring didn't automatically make that woman Queen of heaven! Many WOMEN of FAITH got miracles whether Jesus wanted or not...

You are giving her powers she doesn't possess.. Be careful.. Idolatry is evil.. Very wrong and don't forget God hates it
Re: Oke Maria Hilltop, Oka Akoko: The Most Popular Tourist Attraction In Ondo State by divineappo(m): 7:14pm On Apr 14, 2021
[quote author=Trecixnine post=100669934][/quote] so God is not your Father?

If Mary is your mum, where does that also leave your biological mother ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibeno Beach: Longest Sand Beach In West Africa (Photos) / Man Dies In Car Accident 6 Days To His Wedding (Photos) / Passengers Sitting On Top Of An Overcrowded Train In Agege, Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.