Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today (38576 Views)

Video Of Saraki's 'Attack' At The Praying Ground Earlier Today / Militants Kill 44 In A Mosque In Borno. / Christian Youths Kill Muslims In Reprisal Attacks At Gonin Gora, Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by Bintus2much(m): 9:59am On Apr 19, 2011
Nigerian mosque burnt after deadly post-poll riots

KANO, Nigeria — Christian youths burnt a mosque in Nigeria's north early Tuesday after deadly rioting that followed presidential elections, prompting Muslims to destroy shops in response, residents said.
The reprisal attacks occurred in Nigeria's main northern city of Kano, where an unspecified number of people were killed the previous day as post-election rioting spread to some 14 states over President Goodluck Jonathan's election win.
Kano police spokesman Magaji Majia confirmed "reports of an incident in Tudun Wada (neighbourhood), but the situation has been contained."
He said he was on his way to meet with local traditional chiefs and the imam in the area, adding that the city was now enforcing a 24-hour curfew.
A resident said Christian youths who had taken refuge in a police barracks the previous day left and crossed into a Muslim area of the city, where the mosque and two trucks were set alight.
"Muslim youths in the area were attracted by the smoke coming from the mosque and trucks," resident Ya'u Mohammed said.
"In retaliation, the Muslim youths vandalised and looted dozens of corner shops attached to the barracks largely owned by Christians. Soldiers were drafted and many people were arrested."
Jonathan was declared winner on Monday of presidential elections in a landmark vote that exposed regional tensions and led to the deadly rioting that displaced an estimated 15,000 people.
His main opponent, ex-military ruler Muhammadu Buhari, drew most of his support from the north, while Jonathan performed most strongly in his native south.
Nigeria is roughly split between a mainly Muslim north and predominately Christian south.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5irDa0d9xkdM-5imirWVqwe5a_NTg?docId=CNG.130fc500904fa168a55d3a431753c794.181
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by Blazay(m): 10:00am On Apr 19, 2011
Round one!
Gba gauannnnn!!!!

Next church please!
Make it a Catholic one. kiss
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by namfav(m): 10:05am On Apr 19, 2011
angry

these christians never learn
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by Bintus2much(m): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2011
Blazay:

Round one!
Gba gauannnnn!!!!

Next church please!

its like you enjoy this whole crisis thing, its not good all attempts to destroy either a church or mosque should stop before it becomes a religious crisis that will spread to other parts of the country.
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by vishnu2: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2011
Blazay:

Round one!
Gba gauannnnn!!!!

Next church please!

Clap for yourself, Because of you i am hereby moving a motion for a retards section.
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by blacksta(m): 10:25am On Apr 19, 2011
The so called Christians are equally as bad as their northern Muslim brothers
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by Adanora: 10:27am On Apr 19, 2011
FAKE!FAKE!FAKE!
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by NubianQ(f): 10:29am On Apr 19, 2011
I am glad they burnt a mosque I hope they found that animal they worshipped n burnt it in there. Silly mairuwa monkeys!
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by namfav(m): 10:34am On Apr 19, 2011
NubianQ:

I am glad they burnt a mosque I hope they found that animal they worshipped n burnt it in there. Silly mairuwa monkeys!

what a b1tch you are
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by Bintus2much(m): 10:34am On Apr 19, 2011
NubianQ:

Pls lets not joke with this crisis. People are dying and properties are being destroyed. I dont think we should see it a do-me-i-do -you thing, otherwise it may spread to other parts the country.

Many dead' in Nigerian post-poll riots
(AFP) – 1 hour ago

ABUJA — Post-election rioting overnight in parts of northern Nigeria has left "many people" dead, but details were not yet clear, a Red Cross official said on Tuesday.
"Things are relatively calm right now, but violent protests went on last night, especially in Kaduna, Katsina and Zamfara (states)," Umar Abdul Mairiga, the Nigeria Red Cross disaster management coordinator, told AFP.
"Our volunteers are out there and we expect details in the coming hour or so. What may come out of there is not very palatable because many people were killed, especially in southern Kaduna.
"The displaced people are getting hostile because nothing is coming up in terms of relief."
An estimated 15,000 people have been displaced by the riots that began sporadically over the weekend and spread quickly to some 14 states on Monday over rigging allegations in elections that President Goodluck Jonathan won.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5irDa0d9xkdM-5imirWVqwe5a_NTg?docId=CNG.130fc500904fa168a55d3a431753c794.181
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by Dansy(f): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2011
U guys are not in ur right sense, when other developed countries are not judging by religion or tribe. No wonder there are some youths in the north who are not working. In the next 10 years, if urgent steps are not taken, these youths in norther state will be slave to souther youths who are busying improving themselves academical , socially and economical.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by yiboboy: 11:09am On Apr 19, 2011
T.i.t 4 tat. Let reprisal attacks/burning continue until northerners realise no body's their slave/serf.
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by olawalebabs(m): 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2011
Is a pity the way some self acclaim southern literate think, just as some people on this thread are doing. What do you stand to gain from all this. Is not your fault, since you are in the comfort of your room, how will you know what is going on. What do we stand to gain from burning mosque and church. Later, you will say you are better than your northern brothers, when you will be here and blowing the ember of violence and discord. Come down here and see what is happening maybe then your brain will think well. Success Nigeria
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 19, 2011
Northern Nigeria is a breeding ground for potential terrorist.just because buhari lost an election,his dogs turned his loss into an ethno-religious crisis.Posterity will surely judge buhari for his complicity in making Nigeria unsafe.
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by NubianQ(f): 7:20pm On Apr 24, 2011
namfav:

what a b1tch you are

oh your mum is the b1tch from hell. yes i stand by my words! rubbish
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by NubianQ(f): 7:22pm On Apr 24, 2011
Bintus2much:

Pls lets not joke with this crisis. People are dying and properties are being destroyed. I dont think we should see it a do-me-i-do -you thing, otherwise it may spread to other parts the country.

Many dead' in Nigerian post-poll riots
(AFP) – 1 hour ago

ABUJA — Post-election rioting overnight in parts of northern Nigeria has left "many people" dead, but details were not yet clear, a Red Cross official said on Tuesday.
"Things are relatively calm right now, but violent protests went on last night, especially in Kaduna, Katsina and Zamfara (states)," Umar Abdul Mairiga, the Nigeria Red Cross disaster management coordinator, told AFP.
"Our volunteers are out there and we expect details in the coming hour or so. What may come out of there is not very palatable because many people were killed, especially in southern Kaduna.
"The displaced people are getting hostile because nothing is coming up in terms of relief."
An estimated 15,000 people have been displaced by the riots that began sporadically over the weekend and spread quickly to some 14 states on Monday over rigging allegations in elections that President Goodluck Jonathan won.

not like i particularly can do anything about muslims killing people all over the world. wether i talk or not they will still hunt humsnd for slaughter,
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by Basseti: 7:24pm On Apr 24, 2011
yiboboy:

T.i.t 4 tat. Let reprisal attacks/burning continue until northerners realise no body's their slave/serf.

Reprisal attacks will do noone any good. At the end of the day, we all lose.
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by Arosa(m): 7:29pm On Apr 24, 2011
Only one mosque was set ablaze? pathetic! when more than 2000 churches are no more.
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by Bintus2much(m): 7:33pm On Apr 24, 2011
Arosa:

Only one mosque was set ablaze? pathetic! when more than 2000 churches are no more.

it shows christians are peace-loving people, what significant change would it have caused if more mosques were burnt? will that solve the problem on ground?
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by Arosa(m): 7:56pm On Apr 24, 2011
Bintus2much:

it shows christians are peace-loving people, what significant change would it have caused if more mosques were burnt? will that solve the problem on ground?
No, nevertheless one is pathetic. undecided
Re: Breaking News: Christian Youths Burns A Mosque In Kano Earlier Today by vladimiros: 8:44pm On Apr 24, 2011
wow just one mosque?

commmon this Northern Pigs need a hard lesson

make it 5 mosques next

(1) (Reply)

Saraki Now Presiding Over Tuesday Plenary. / Lauretta Onochie During Fuel Subsidy Protest In 2012 (Throwback Photos) / Bola Tinubu Reacts To President Buhari's Return To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.