Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” (298 Views)

Kidnappers Sleep Off After Kidnapping Pastor’s Wife In Ondo / Army Flags Off ‘Exercise Sahel Sanity’ To Stop The Current Spate Of Banditry / New IG Of Police Restores SARS And Disbands The Other Tactical Units (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by Aysup247: 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2021
The Inspector-general of Police Usman Alkali Baba commenced his tenure on Wednesday with a pledge to confront “increasingly, complex and pervasive safety threats” within the country.
He indexed them as “terrorism, banditry, kidnapping, secessionist agitation and sundry prepared crimes.”

Baba, fifty-eight, who was appointed on Tuesday, spoke at the Force Headquarters in Abuja after taking the reins from Mohammed Adamu.

Following his decoration on the kingdom house with the aid of vice president Yemi Osinbajo and Police Affairs Minister Muhammad Dingyadi, Baba became pushed into the Louis Eder house at about 2:18 pm in a Toyota Prado sports application vehicle (SUV).

He inspected the region guards before shifting to the conference room where the erstwhile IG gave him the handing over notice and the police flag to represent the transfer of authority.
Baba stated: “a good deal because the project of main the pressure to cope with those threats in the shortest viable time frame, restore protection order, and go back our liked country to the course of national cohesion may seem daunting, I’m stimulated through the truth that from my big years of service, I will expectantly say that the Nigeria Police is endowed with some of the greatest, brave and patriotic officials who, undoubtedly, shall assist me to strengthen the inner safety imaginative and prescient of Mr. President.”

To acquire the mission, Baba advised reporters at the statehouse that “genuinely, we’re going to rejig our operational strategies.”

He requested Nigerians to “expect development inside the security state of affairs” and urged them to “collaborate and cooperate with us.”

Source : full story here���
https://blendng.com/i-will-battle-banditry-kidnapping-secessionists-in-nigeria-new-ig/news/

Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by Karlovych: 6:49pm On Apr 09, 2021
embarassed embarassed You need to battle your obesity and large frame first. I recommend getting regular exercise in Abuja parks because you can't outrun an average criminal. Your officers will start emulating you soon if care is not taken.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by Totilopussylick(m): 6:52pm On Apr 09, 2021
Easier to say than done sad
Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by JaneYave(f): 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2021
Tall dreams and high morale at the beginning.
Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by techmo(m): 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2021
Making mouth as usual, Magu, Adamu ,Idris , Burutai and others said more than this, they still got trashed

1 Like

Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by Idamond: 7:12pm On Apr 09, 2021
wen u were vice which good advice did you give to the then IG that u would be better then him..

mumu talk

1 Like

Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by lilvicky68(m): 7:33pm On Apr 09, 2021
No be the first time we dey hear this one..

1 Like

Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by dochenaj: 8:33pm On Apr 09, 2021
There is nothing like secessionist in Nigeria now, there are agitators for secession. Both ain't the same.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by zubimete(f): 8:36pm On Apr 09, 2021
Action speaks louder than words%
Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by Jostoman: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2021
Point of correction It is self determination oga not secessionist.
Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by ultimatekint(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2021
Lori iro !
Lori iro !
I will kill bandits ,
Lori iro ni !
Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by ebukaokeke234: 1:44pm On Apr 10, 2021
This one that has started bragging on what he will do but is already doing nothing. What we have is audio police force and not the ones with focus.

They should protect themselves first before protecting the masses.

The best strategy is to stop police men from collecting money(roja) from drivers at checkpoint. Again, stop the checking of vehicle particulars, driver's licence and focus strictly on fighting insecurity. The work of drivers licence is the sole responsibility of the FRSC.

My opinion though
Re: I Will Battle Banditry, Kidnapping, Secessionists In Nigeria “new IG” by Mayng01(m): 8:53pm On Apr 10, 2021
Will they fold their arms in apathy and be looking at you while you are battling them? They will battle you too. Na Fire for fire.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Driver Breaks Bottle On Head Of Policeman To Resist Arrest (see Viral Vide / Bandits: Only Way To Stop Banditry Is Kill Them All – El-rufai / How Policemen Extorted N2m Worth Of Bitcoin From Me -businessman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.