Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 (60013 Views)

ADCs Of Nigerian Heads Of State Since 1956 / See Castle Where Queen Elizabeth Spent A Night In Ijebu Ode 1956 (photos) / Queen Elizabeth, Obi Of Onitsha And Zik In 1956 Met In Onitsha: Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by illicit(m): 8:49am On Apr 10, 2021
michresakidjo:

How expensive??

It's vintage
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by mfm04622: 8:53am On Apr 10, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
At Least he did not bow down like Oba of Benin

Before independence, all kings, Emirs or whatever you may call them are SUBJECTS of her Majesty! All!! All must now to her when they meet! The Obi must have. There is no picture of it does not mean it didn't happen!
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Emzenoz(m): 8:55am On Apr 10, 2021
Okoroawusa:

When will you people stop this tribal rubbish on Nairaland... it's no longer funny
Nigeria encourages it so what do you expect ?
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by michresakidjo(m): 9:04am On Apr 10, 2021
illicit:

It's vintage

I love it and will probably go for it when I'm coronated
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Calitoscassius(m): 9:04am On Apr 10, 2021
Rossikki:

Shut up, you dunce.

Nigeria then was a feeding tap to the British treasury, which, in case your dumb head doesn't realise, was the whole reason for colonialism in the first place - to LOOT your resources and enrich the colonist's homeland.

That is why at the time this picture was taken, there wasn't a single university or power plant in Nigeria, despite the British having ruled for half a century, while extracting and exporting your resources.

It was why literacy was under 10% (compared to 70% today courtesy of black rule and investment in public education.).

So your ''relevance'' then was as a slave nation feeding Britain and nothing else.

Mumu generation. Don't go and learn your history.

Was all the insult necerssary? Yes you may be right with your explainations but you could have lectured that individual without all the insults. The insult brings your level of IQ a tard lower. grin
All your fine write ups above and you ruined it with jargonised insults.

Now, start insulting me. tongue
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Calitoscassius(m): 9:08am On Apr 10, 2021
[quote author=NikAustine post=100654055][/quote] Don't mind the Idiat!

1 Like

Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Aguogba(m): 9:16am On Apr 10, 2021
iamyemiakins:
The former CEOs of The Royal Niger Company touring their company then.
They never resigned. That's why they insist on Nigeria's unity.
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by od501: 9:23am On Apr 10, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

I'm ashamed of this pix aswear!!!
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Calitoscassius(m): 9:30am On Apr 10, 2021
Prince philip can go to hell now, that is if hell exists.

The british mornach murdered millions of Indians, Africans and people of other nations, forcefully took their lands, women and made their men work for the british and their women as maids in their own countries during the british empire.

The mornachs have being living the life of luxury at other poor countries expense, no member of the mornachs have done a day of work, just spending tax payers money. The mornach have assasinated so many people including princess of wales, just to stay in power for more than 60 years now The queen own 750 or more empty houses and castles while people live on the streets of london homeless. The queen rides around in gold carts and drives series of expensive Range Rovers while people are hungry and struggling to pay their heating, gas, water, TV license, electricity and tax bills.
The queen still rules some countries in some part of the world.
I bet prince philip thought he will live forever, his wife (cousin) elizabeth should follow him soon.

Some of us cannot wait to get rid of the so called british mornarchy as soon as possible.

They are a massive drain and liability on us british tax payers.

The british are the people who put Nigeria in the mess they she is now. Although the british may have given Nigeria independence the british still rules Nigeria, hence Nigerian so called president runs Nigeria from london England.

The british masterminded the murder of millions of innocent Biafran children, men and women through starvations in support of Nigeria..

For those of you Biafrans wanting to separate from Nigeria, well.. you are never going to separate from Nigeria until the british says so. They are the ones who will give the go ahead.
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by skyp(m): 9:38am On Apr 10, 2021
nenyeRitta:
That is why at the time this picture was taken, there wasn't a single
university or power plant in Nigeria, despite the British having ruled for
half a century, while extracting and exporting our resources.

And how many universities and power plant were built by Nigerians before their arrival? At least people were in existence in that region for many centuries before the arrival of the British though not named as Nigeria. We should stop passing blame to the British and take responsibility for the the mishaps we had and still going through.
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Calitoscassius(m): 9:44am On Apr 10, 2021
Conrod:
You see ur reasoning,what happens if the queen bow for courtesy to others,abi nobi womaaan ??.
conrod? grin grin where did you get the idea of connecting rod (conrod) are you a vehicle engine mechanic?
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by illicit(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2021
michresakidjo:

I love it and will probably go for it when I'm coronated

Oh are u a Bini prince?
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Omoluabi1stborn: 9:48am On Apr 10, 2021
gregyboy:

And a Useless 100local government tribe with no global recognition wanna still stick her head out, you think the world is Nigeria, were people brag with number of local govt... grin

That 100lg tribe with no global recognition? grin Need I remind you that you can't count 50 Benin people wey.popular in Both US and UK combined grin You can't count 50 achievements from Benin people

No lemme start with you grin
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Homebaked: 10:10am On Apr 10, 2021
nenyeRitta:
That is why at the time this picture was taken, there wasn't a single
university or power plant in Nigeria, despite the British having ruled for
half a century, while extracting and exporting our resources.
Very true. The existing primary and secondary schools then were built by the missionaries. The British government has been and is still exploitative.
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 10, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:
And how is that bowing down? Ur just looking for tribal e-fight this weekend.. Are u that bored undecided
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by ada9ja(f): 11:00am On Apr 10, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

the pix are different....show a pix when the Obi greeted the queen not comparing the wrong pix
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Jirehz(m): 11:07am On Apr 10, 2021
God grin grin grin grin grin

I’m Igbo, but the arrogance my brothers display on social media is terrible

Wetin concern this picture with Oba of Benin now?

1 Like

Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by gregyboy(m): 11:11am On Apr 10, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

That 100lg tribe with no global recognition? grin Need I remind you that you can't count 50 Benin people wey.popular in Both US and UK combined grin You can't count 50 achievements from Benin people

No lemme start with you grin

Outside the country the notable people are known as Nigerian and are not by individual tribe

But that is different case for benins, once you identify as benin, they definitely will trace you to the former empire before the present country Nigeria, are artworks are still globally talked on, a counyry and was renamed after the former empire, movies showcase benin artwork and not Nigeria artwork

Whatsoever is of yoruba today is as a result of Nigeria, so outside the country they are seeing as Nigerians not yorubas....

So your fucking notable people are only recognized as Nigerians which is a plus to every Nigerian, but a different scenes for a benin man

And yes just as the yorubas have notable people in the United states so as we edos have, only thst your rat population makes it look you guys have more notable people
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Omoluabi1stborn: 11:16am On Apr 10, 2021
[s]
gregyboy:

Outside the country the notable people are known as Nigerian and are not by individual tribe

But that is different case for benins, once you identify as benin, they definitely will trace you to the former empire before the present country Nigeria, are artworks are still globally talked on, a counyry and was renamed after the former empire, movies showcase benin artwork and not Nigeria artwork

Whatsoever is of yoruba today is as a result of Nigeria, so outside the country they are seeing as Nigerians not yorubas....

So your fucking notable people are only recognized as Nigerians which is a plus to every Nigerian, but a different scenes for a benin man

And yes just as the yorubas have notable people in the United states so as we edos have, only thst your rat population makes it look you guys have more notable people
[/s]

Cry bro.

Even for this Nigeria.

The achievements of Ijebu (My tribe) bigger pass the whole Edo as a whole grin

Talk less of Ijebu and Egba combine grin
Nah death grin
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by gregyboy(m): 11:41am On Apr 10, 2021
Omoluabi1stborn:

Cry bro.

Even for this Nigeria.

The achievements of Ijebu (My tribe) bigger pass the whole Edo as a whole grin

Talk less of Ijebu and Egba combine grin
Nah death grin

Lol ha grin my stomach aches from endless laughter

Start naming the achievement modafucker...

Yorubas are known to rant and hide in holes, why wont you talk nonsense after eating ewedu and amala

Yenyen yen...

Start naming the achievement

Thankgod for the British most of you wouldn't have mouth to talk a benin descent
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Omoluabi1stborn: 11:56am On Apr 10, 2021
gregyboy:

Lol ha grin my stomach aches from endless laughter

Start naming the achievement modafucker...

Yorubas are known to rant and hide in holes, why wont you talk nonsense after eating ewedu and amala

Yenyen yen...

Start naming the achievement

Thankgod for the British most of you wouldn't have mouth to talk a benin descent

You,wee run away if I start wit u I swear grin

Una go compare ijebu people.achievements with Benin and Edo as a whole?

grin
From
Education to,Business to Influential people.

Dem no born Benin people well
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by Tomisin666(m): 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2021
ngadaAwo:
Obi of onitsha bows to no one
he's considered god.
Oh hell yeah he's consider god until they almost massacre is people during civil war hopeless grin Mehn that so god must be a cowardice that does not deserve to be adore or worship tueeh for you guys Ndigbo lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by michresakidjo(m): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2021
illicit:

Oh are u a Bini prince?

Nope... An Ekiti
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by arazanbal: 12:16pm On Apr 10, 2021
illicit:
That oba of bini cloth na very expensive shit

check well it a yoruba king, look who is standing close to the king is on yoruba antire. how can it be d oba of bini with a man dress in yoruba antire. d oba of bini nor dy go anywhere without his omódà
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by illicit(m): 12:18pm On Apr 10, 2021
arazanbal:

check well it a yoruba king, look who is standing close to the king is on yoruba antire. how can it be d oba of bini with a man dress in yoruba antire. d oba of bini nor dy go anywhere without his omódà

That is the Oba of bini

Beside him is Chief Obafemi Awolowo
Premier western region
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by illicit(m): 12:18pm On Apr 10, 2021
michresakidjo:

Nope... An Ekiti

Na Agbada we dey wear for Ekiti nah
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by arazanbal: 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2021
illicit:

That is the Oba of bini

Beside him is Chief Obafemi Awolowo
Premier western region

oga u don't understand the bini stooage, like i said before it not the oba of bini, bowing is not the issue here but traditional principle, he oba cannot leave is palace without his OMÓDÀ dat i want you to understand. bisides can you please provide d name of the oba in that picture as u did mention awolowo
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by illicit(m): 12:24pm On Apr 10, 2021
arazanbal:

oga u don't understand the bini stooage, like i said before it not the oba of bini, bowing is not the issue here but traditional principle, he oba cannot leave is palace without his OMÓDÀ dat i want you to understand. bisides can you please provide d name of the oba in that picture as u did mention awolowo

Bowing
What do I care if he is kneeling or squatting

That is the Oba of Bini

The present bini king still wears that very same costume on occasions

That same costume
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by arazanbal: 12:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
illicit:

Bowing
What do I care if he is kneeling or squatting

That is the Oba of Bini

The present bini king still wears that very same costume on occasions

That same costume

hahahaha that to show it a force claim by you and others that said it the oba of bini in that picture,you could say it was awolowo by the side but couldn't get the name of the so called oba of bini u speak of, please ask Google cus i wanna show some first class cheifs in the bini kingdom this very picture to get more info. for the record the oba of bini does not wear that kind of head regalia in that picture, the custom that looks like what you saying now is only worn during IGUE FESTIVAL, a ceremony the oba perform once every year. it is not for visitation.
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by illicit(m): 12:32pm On Apr 10, 2021
arazanbal:

hahahaha that to show it a force claim by you and others that said it the oba of bini in that picture,you could say it was awolowo by the side but couldn't get the name of the so called oba of bini u speak of, please ask Google cus i wanna show some first class cheifs in the bini kingdom this very picture to get more info

For real that's oba of Benin

No Yoruba King wears coral bead costume and crown except Olowo of owo and that's not Olowo, that's Oba of Benin

That costume is worn by bini king's, check the coronation pics for the present oba, he wore this same costume on one occasion

The same costume
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by michresakidjo(m): 12:40pm On Apr 10, 2021
illicit:

Na Agbada we dey wear for Ekiti nah

It's matter of choice and taste
Re: Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth, Azikiwe & Obi Of Onitsha In Onitsha In 1956 by illicit(m): 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2021
michresakidjo:

It's matter of choice and taste

U must be from Ikere

They have two kings

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Innoson Trucks & SUVs Used To Welcome Peter Obi In Nnewi, Anambra State (Pics) / See The Toilet A Local Government Chairman Built And Commissioned In Lagos (phot / NBC Suspends Channels TV For Speaking With IPOB, Slams N5 Million Fine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.