Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,588 members, 7,816,447 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN (11965 Views)

Nigeria Can’t Continue To Be Father Christmas To Neighbouring Countries – Tinubu / Apostle Samson Okorie: Nigeria Can’t Progress Until Igbo Becomes President / Stop Borrowing, Senate, NSIA, Others Warn FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by ChereCC77(m): 5:49am On Apr 10, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Nigeria's borrowing can be likened to taking a loan to buy a generator to watch tv and using the rest to buy asoebi for a party.
this one funny ooo. After watching TV hungry will come abi?
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by Ladycewhy(f): 5:49am On Apr 10, 2021
ChereCC77:
hahaha. It's our country but the in government are so funny.
Don't laugh oooo.
So should I be crying instead?
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by Ladycewhy(f): 5:50am On Apr 10, 2021
ChereCC77:
this one funny ooo. After watching TV hungry will come abi?
Nigeria''s matter is beyond redemption.
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by Bluntemperor: 5:54am On Apr 10, 2021
Omihanifa:
Borrowing isn't the problem but the main issue is that the federal government is borrowing to finance projects that's is not profitable undecided

What's the economic sense in borrowing 500million dollars to rehabilitate and requip NTA at this time when there are so many projects crying for attention.

What's the economic sense in borrowing 1.5 billion dollars to rehabilitate the port-harcourt refinery and it will still end up producing less than 300k barrels per day angry when with that same amount of money the government can build a brand new functional refinery with latest technology.

What is also the sense in borrowing to build a rail line to Niger Republic when we can borrow to build a rail line from Lagos to the East to boost trade and also generate revenue from ticket sales and cargo transport. How many Nigerians go to Niger for business compare to people go to buy in Lagos and sell in the east

God bless your thinking!
Can CBN- Emefiele,Finance Minister and DMO Director give us a Statistical analysis of :
- the Current Debts and it's utilisation, including States Owned Debts!
Note that State cannot get loans,if the CBN doesn't give a nod because it forms part of the Total Loans Profile.
-Cost Benefits Analysis of the Debt to the Public!
- How many Projects that have been completed 100% with the loans and what is the percentage of the remnants.
-Who are the Companies/Contractors executing the Projects! We have so many uncompleted Projects all over Nigeria under disguise.
-Loans to Transport and Roads and NNPC and it's Subsidiaries-what is completion dates for these projects!
E go choke you,if these questions are answered!
Nonsense!
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by ChereCC77(m): 5:56am On Apr 10, 2021
Ladycewhy:
So should I be crying instead?
you should tell them to stop oooo if they will listen
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by ChereCC77(m): 5:57am On Apr 10, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Nigeria''s matter is beyond redemption.
what can we do? Is it prayer
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by Ladycewhy(f): 6:02am On Apr 10, 2021
ChereCC77:
what can we do? Is it prayer
Prayers, lol.We might as well just pray for manner to fall in 2021 while doing that.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by Ladycewhy(f): 6:04am On Apr 10, 2021
ChereCC77:
you should tell them to stop oooo if they will listen
The only people that can stop it are in the upper chamber. Hold your legislators responsible.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by Aconomist: 6:10am On Apr 10, 2021
Blacks are born to be slaves. Of all races to be a part of, why this one?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by knowhowk: 6:44am On Apr 10, 2021
post=100656058:
The foundation of our darling country has been destroyed by looters, rapists, criminals and thieves.

May they all never end well in life.
. Yes you are right including the present day Adminstration looters , rapists and Criminals that saw that the foundation has been Destroyed rather to Change it yet they still continue to destroy it .Amen and Amen.
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by themanderon: 6:50am On Apr 10, 2021
The painful thing is that the government through CBN and the banks are robbing people on a daily basis for whatever thing I cannot tell. I went some days back to request for my bank statement from first bank and I saw some very questionable deductions made on my account daily sometimes monthly and this are not the usual card maintenance or stamp duty charges or sms charges. This is supposed to be a savings account yet a single dime is not added as interest rather what I get is one questionable deduction after another. How can you just go to funds given to you in trust and make deductions without informing the owner of the funds what the deductions are for?
I advise all Nigerians with bank accounts to check their bank statements as some very terrible things are happening now. How can you just deduct as much as N1600 naira from ones account at a go without sending an sms to that effect stating what its used for? And this is asides other deductions they made in a month. This is nothing short of criminality on the part of the banks and probably this current CBN governor who has never been known to protect depositors funds in the hands of these Legalized Ponzi schemes known as banks. The government of the day is going on a mindless borrowing spree and at the same time stealing from the citizens to pay back for their profligacy. This is pure wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by egoldman(m): 6:52am On Apr 10, 2021
post=100656058:
The foundation of our darling country has been destroyed by looters, rapists, criminals and thieves.

May they all never end well in life.

Your Darling Daddy should be number one on the List.
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by gnykelly(m): 7:05am On Apr 10, 2021
TripleDdotcom:
Nigeria cannot stop borrowing simply because the scientific name of Nigeria is Borrow borrow

Google it if you don't believe me. undecided

By the way, quick question. Why is this present prevailing civilization and economic sustem associated with debt? Go and check the records of national debts of these "saner" climes self; far greater!!!

Na God know sha.

Anyway, na beg I dey beg. Please check my signature and patronize us. Thanks.

China is an exception to all this madness
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by ibedun: 7:36am On Apr 10, 2021
The only thing we produce? Babies!!!
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by Emmanuelcann: 7:46am On Apr 10, 2021
Because we face Götterdămerung!
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by iampeterben(m): 7:47am On Apr 10, 2021
How much are we owing I wanna pay all!
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by seunayantokun(m): 7:56am On Apr 10, 2021
Debt profile rising is not a bad idea to rogues who get questionably wealthy by fiscal irresponsibility.

Economic slavery is not a sin. Its resultant loss of liberty is not a crime.

But borrowers are always servants to their lenders, says The Bible.
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by orisa37: 7:59am On Apr 10, 2021
why-nigeria-cant-stop-borrowing-cbn.

It's the EFFECT OF COVID19 AND FAILURE OF BUHARINOMICS.
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by Akudaisi: 8:02am On Apr 10, 2021
Omihanifa:
Borrowing isn't the problem but the main issue is that the federal government is borrowing to finance projects that's is not profitable undecided

What's the economic sense in borrowing 500million dollars to rehabilitate and requip NTA at this time when there are so many projects crying for attention.

What's the economic sense in borrowing 1.5 billion dollars to rehabilitate the port-harcourt refinery and it will still end up producing less than 300k barrels per day angry when with that same amount of money the government can build a brand new functional refinery with latest technology.

What is also the sense in borrowing to build a rail line to Niger Republic when we can borrow to build a rail line from Lagos to the East to boost trade and also generate revenue from ticket sales and cargo transport. How many Nigerians go to Niger for business compare to people that go to buy in Lagos and sell in the east.

Instead of the silly government to borrow and use the money to develop critical infrastructure that can enable foreign investors to come and establish companies here they are busying doing something else.

in simple sentence they borrow so they can loot and they name a useless project to cover up
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by CodeTemplar: 8:08am On Apr 10, 2021
Can't Dino Melaye stand as guarantor and help us obtain a brain loan for our leaders. The main loan we need is a brain loan.
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by arantess: 8:29am On Apr 10, 2021
When borrowing is part of fiscal responsibility....
E no even shame them to talk as 'giant'
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by winner37(m): 8:32am On Apr 10, 2021
We all know that this village call Nigeria can't stop borrowing because the village head himself don't have vision and mission and his cohort and blind too.
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by Duplexxx: 8:49am On Apr 10, 2021
Shameless country
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by orlaglobal234: 8:53am On Apr 10, 2021
If they like they should borrow from the whole country and use all of us in Nigeria as collateral we will all suffer it together, shameless government and it's shameless members
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by stakeandwin2(m): 9:32am On Apr 10, 2021
The problem is you guys borrow to loot not to better the country.

Anyways check out my signature, today's game has been posted already, hurry up and join.
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by Omooba77: 9:47am On Apr 10, 2021
budaatum:

For as long as I, first, and you and every other Nigerian refuses to elect leaders who will stop borrowing of course.

However, and this is the tricky part. We must be careful what we wish for, because when we stop borrowing, government will have less money to pay wages and subsidise petrol and embark on projects that pump money into the economy and in order to have any money at all to pay themselves even, government will raise taxes on us the people, and hardship like we have never experienced before will follow the austerity measures that will be in place, and we will all go out on the streets to demonstrate and riot against the hardship and then government will start to borrow again to alleviate that hardship and merrygorounds will be merrygorounds I suppose.

I guess your next question might be "what should we do then", but let me not saju ẹleẹẹdẹ pẹ ẹde rẹ.

Majority on opium of religion and ethnicity always have their ways, latter they will be complaining of heat, when bad governance reach their end!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by TruthinAction: 10:08am On Apr 10, 2021
We are borrowing because we have brainless leaders. Give me this country to rule, other nations will borrow from us.
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by yemmywesey(m): 10:36am On Apr 10, 2021
cbn, make una invest in bitcoin and ethereum, you no hear
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by KoshCAD: 10:37am On Apr 10, 2021
Borow, borrow nation
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by Redman44(m): 11:51am On Apr 10, 2021
yemmywesey:
cbn, make una invest in bitcoin and ethereum, you no hear

Be careful with Bitcoin. If something bad happens with the Bitcoin Scheme, you will not enjoy the support of the governments all around the world. Not all that glitters is gold.
Re: Why Nigeria Can’t Stop Borrowing – CBN by feedthenation(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2021
---There's nothing wrong with borrowing---unfortunately the funds go into private accounts and not for capital projects---

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra Sit-At-Home: Soludo Won’t Bow To Criminal Elements, APGA Vows / Floods: Tips On How To Prepare And Survive / Kebbi Governor Approves ₦675M Furniture Allowance For Elected Council Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.