Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament (10353 Views)

Conoil Oil Threatening Our Peace, Security, Ondo Ijaw Community Cries Out / Abia Curfew: De Latinos To Government "Save Our Livelihood, Means Of Survival" / Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by sammyj: 6:52am On Apr 10, 2021
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by andyblinks05: 6:54am On Apr 10, 2021
we still dey show come lagos….

. . weda na keke weda na okada weda na Chinese company weda na indian company and so on… we dey come lagos
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:54am On Apr 10, 2021
Gbagura:
When the real landlord talks, all tenants should keep kwayet. Pay your taxes and royalties to your host or get whipped severely. We need your taxes to gallivant and enjoy our lives. Keep grinding hard but don't forget to pay your taxes.

More money to Asiwaju's pocket.

Eko ó ní bájẹ
Cancerous comment. You are a cancer sad

2 Likes

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by KnightsTemplar(m): 6:55am On Apr 10, 2021
I want to ask, all this money agbero people collect, where does it goes to.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Machinegun91(m): 6:59am On Apr 10, 2021
foolish people
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by AfonjaConehead: 6:59am On Apr 10, 2021
wallay77:
Tinubu children oya come and defend ur boss...mtcheeew ...how can a tricycle driver pay 2400 everyday to tinubu children...he will buy fuel ,him go chop, him go deliver...how much is he gonna take home...is this not wickedness...can't this people go get better things doing instead of extorting hard working people and using the drink and fornicate...
My brother,that's how it is o....it's so ugly and unfortunate.

These agberoes are many and are dangerous.

Police and lastma are nothing compared to these agberoes.

They Rob transporters and extort all shop owners,traders,hawkers in Lagos everyday!!!!
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Amarisco(f): 6:59am On Apr 10, 2021
KnightsTemplar:
I want to ask, all this money agbero people collect, where does it goes to.

Agberos are not the problem, they are the middle men doing the dirty work for chairmen, governors and the likes. Most of the money collected does not stay with them. That’s agberos they have the freedom to extort and tax openly. They have senior men behind them
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by EgunMogaji2: 7:06am On Apr 10, 2021
I will neither register nor participate in any political process in Nigeria. Give me military rule or nothing.

Please don’t quote me as I’m having hallucinations grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by azpekuliar: 7:08am On Apr 10, 2021
Kpele oo Tricycle operators. When you hear Lagos master plan, Lagos master plan just know that Agberos feature very prominently in that master plan. Infact they are at the very center of it. So just bear ehn or seek another business endeavor.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by chatinent: 7:10am On Apr 10, 2021
The three are the same, why waste the comma?

2 Likes

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by drmikeadams(m): 7:16am On Apr 10, 2021
grin grin

Mega city
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Synburd(m): 7:31am On Apr 10, 2021
I think lagos is one of the best state in Nigeria with elite then Why is the road management/tax collectors in the hand of agero (hoodlum).lagos can never be mega city with this your rough system...Asiwaju and sanwo olu do the needful.. Eko n sun kun !!!

1 Like

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Ladylandplug2: 7:32am On Apr 10, 2021
adenigga:

Check who's @ your back.........

They are free to come dear... Not everyone on this platform is fake.... U never know, I might find a buyer there...
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by iampeterben(m): 7:36am On Apr 10, 2021
Then take your maruwa to states that you won't pay this exorbitant fee like Ekiti and Oyo.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by wabbyland(m): 7:41am On Apr 10, 2021
it's very disheartening that someone is milking hard working people dry. from tricycle to danfo drivers to dispatch drivers(yes agberos collect money from them at Mushin bus stop opposite Regina Mundi). this extortion is very painful
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by stanluiz(m): 7:47am On Apr 10, 2021
This is where MC oluomo get money to send his children to abroad, Marry many wives, build houses and any choice properties that he wants including hotels. All these monies are people sweat, labour and hard work.

Sometimes, I pity transportation workers in Lagos. After toiling from morning till night , You will be left with nothing to take back home just because of cursed and lazy set of men who see extortion as a livehood.

Tinubu and his cronies will continue to milk Lagos. I don't it will stop.

2 Likes

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by just2endowed: 7:50am On Apr 10, 2021
techmo:
cool

So you don't want to be taxed, pay Hackney permit, get fined for violating Lagos Traffic Law

Since you think Lagos is no man's land Abi?

The only thing I don't support in this write up is police extortion

So you like agberos activities abi.

What agberos collect monthly in Lagos is bigger than some state IGR.

Wonder why Mc oluomo don't need to work again for the rest of his life?

Do you know agberos dictate how much to charge for the drivers so that they can take more levies from each bus that drive off the park even after paying daily levies?

See, if I am to be the governor of Lagos state, I will ban agberos with all my powers within me and delete NURTW out of existence and enact a law to it.

The parks they are using to make money are infrastructure built by our wealth, and those the local government should be in charge of collecting these levies. Our primary health care and primary schools that are the responsibility of LGA are suffering and thses are the fund we need. Not one nurtw agberos.

1 Like

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by stanluiz(m): 7:50am On Apr 10, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

My brother,that's how it is o....it's so ugly and unfortunate.

These agberoes are many and are dangerous.

Police and lastma are nothing compared to these agberoes.

They Rob transporters and extort all shop owners,traders,hawkers in Lagos everyday!!!!
Even hawkers shocked Nawaooh . People dey suffer for Lagos
The Extortion is painfull!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by micflo28(m): 7:52am On Apr 10, 2021
Why can't Lagos State government takeover the affairs of this agberos and streamline this revenue collection to a single stream to be used to fix the roads, hospitals and schools. Provide security and create jobs.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by just2endowed: 7:52am On Apr 10, 2021
wabbyland:
it's very disheartening that someone is milking hard working people dry. from tricycle to danfo drivers to dispatch drivers(yes agberos collect money from them at Mushin bus stop opposite Regina Mundi). this extortion is very painful

Shocker of my life was seeing agberos collecting money from hawkers around computer village. Omo they have to pay or there goods be destroyed.

This country is design to be doom. Aswear

2 Likes

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by just2endowed: 7:53am On Apr 10, 2021
micflo28:
Why can't Lagos State government takeover the affairs of this agberos and streamline this revenue collection to a single stream to be used to fix the roads, hospitals and schools. Provide security and create jobs.

Do the apc government care..... Follish set of animals... They fly to other countries and see how things are done but when they come here, na to create agberos all over Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Collysmith: 7:58am On Apr 10, 2021
Try this nonsense with South African driver he will use gun and blow you're head,RUBBISH
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Teespice(f): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2021
As someone who uses public transport on a daily basis, the tales of woe from these drivers is very true. I feel sad each time these touts extort money from the drivers. at every bus stop, you see these dirty, scruffy looking guys with gruff voices screaming owo daa and other obscenities. God save the driver and he refuses to pay, its either they remove the door of the bus or the cover of the fuel tank, even wipers.

As at 10 pm at Jakande gate yesterday, these fools were still extorting money from drivers. my own is, where does this money go? or is it Mc Oluomo that is benefitting immensely from this extortion. No wonder the attempt to scrap them off the roads was vehemently kicked against.

it is well. this is a conversation that relevant stakeholders need to have in Lagos. it is becoming a case of monkey work, baboon chop. imagine making 7k everyday, by the time one buys fuel, eat and settle these guys. let us not talk of the emergencies that might occur on the road, what would be left for the drivers at the end of the day.

it is well.

5 Likes

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 10, 2021
just2endowed:

So you like agberos activities abi.

What agberos collect monthly in Lagos is bigger than some state IGR.

Wonder why Mc oluomo don't need to work again for the rest of his life?

Do you know agberos dictate how much to charge for the drivers so that they can take more levies from each bus that drive off the park even after paying daily levies?

See, if I am to be the governor of Lagos state, I will ban agberos with all my powers within me and delete NURTW out of existence and enact a law to it.

The parks they are using to make money are infrastructure built by our wealth, and those the local government should be in charge of collecting these levies. Our primary health care and primary schools that are the responsibility of LGA are suffering and thses are the fund we need. Not one nurtw agberos.
you won't be able to do such cos of godfather ism
this is where tinubu makes most of his money
you can't even be governor without him
this is d consequences of godfather
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by AmazingELixir: 8:14am On Apr 10, 2021
Gbagura:
When the real landlord talks, all tenants should keep kwayet. Pay your taxes and royalties to your host or get whipped severely. We need your taxes to gallivant and enjoy our lives. Keep grinding hard but don't forget to pay your taxes.

Eko ó ní bájẹ

grin grin grin ;

But most of those interviewed in the post are your Afonja brothers nau....are they tenants too to the Tigers, the grand Tiger himself MC Oluomo and ofcourse not forgetting their life patron drug baron Asiwaju.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Mayeldah(m): 8:28am On Apr 10, 2021
Who will help them, Nobody.

The chief Agberoo who lives in Bourdillon wants to take more touts to Abuja at the federal level.

Everytihng wrong with Lagos started with Tinubu.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Slydegeneral000: 8:42am On Apr 10, 2021
Gbagura:

Eko ó ní bájẹ

Ewu...
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by yoursidenigga(m): 8:47am On Apr 10, 2021
Drabeey:
Naso we take meet agberos building and rebuilding our economy since time.... Can anything remove them from collecting money on the road built by government I nor know, never see. The main reason for booking this space tho.. Say me a prayer, Happy birthday to me.

Happy birthday... May anything you believe in protect you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3-day Ultimatum To Abandoned Vehicles’ Owners In Lagos / Towards A Violent Free 2015 Elections - #VoteNotFight / Stop Deceiving Bayelsans With Non-functional Airport – Sylva Warns Dickson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.