Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,030 members, 7,953,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament (10440 Views)

Conoil Oil Threatening Our Peace, Security, Ondo Ijaw Community Cries Out / Abia Curfew: De Latinos To Government "Save Our Livelihood, Means Of Survival" / Panic As Police, LASTMA Abandon Lagos Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by boom99(m): 8:55am On Apr 10, 2021
.....boarded Keke the other day, due to the overwhelming levy of agbero on the driver, he ( the driver) cried out in frustration 'i don tire for all this thing. Why my life be like this'. I gently told him to calm down that all will be well. Though I did that to encourage him and most importantly for my safety. It is well

1 Like

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Toosure70: 9:05am On Apr 10, 2021
FRSC is the best of all
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by manmustwack: 9:10am On Apr 10, 2021
The biggest threat to the African man is his fellow African.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by sakssey23: 9:15am On Apr 10, 2021
It's quite a shame as the leaders don't care. Nah the common street man they suffer all.

Often times, I wonder what actually needs to be done in this country to make it a sane place to LIVE - probably enact the Chinese system of squashing any corrupt Government officials and their cronies/family.

Vote the right people una no go gree vote... We know that some of these leaders are fake and greedy and we still have the mind to go out and vote for them or even rally for them...
Youths!! Change the system... Change the people in power... E dey una hands.

1 Like

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 10, 2021
yoursidenigga:

Happy birthday... May anything you believe in protect you
Amen, you too. Thanks bro.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by BlackBaron: 9:33am On Apr 10, 2021
When you realise they are sanctioned foot soldiers by a grotesquely corrupt Jagaban. In return they have free rein to extort Lagosians or get violence meted out.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by sanyablaze(m): 9:34am On Apr 10, 2021
Oh
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by adenigga(m): 9:48am On Apr 10, 2021
Toosure70:
FRSC is the best of all

I beg, come again.....

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by femijay8271(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2021
Topolino2:

you won't be able to do such cos of godfather ism
this is where tinubu makes most of his money
you can't even be governor without him
this is d consequences of godfather

if God Almighty says he will, without any godfather... believe me he will but it's only depend with the kind of person he is
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by AfonjaConehead: 10:03am On Apr 10, 2021
stanluiz:
Even hawkers shocked Nawaooh . People dey suffer for Lagos
The Extortion is painfull!
Yes o... they have se boys who collect daily tolls from all market women, hawkers etc at every markets in Lagos...
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by lolu2019: 10:11am On Apr 10, 2021
one day, dis country will be a better place to live in. if we can handle them,God will.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by AfonjaConehead: 10:11am On Apr 10, 2021
Imagine the whole adult population in Lagos giving say,#100 everyday to agberoes, imagine how much that amount is!!!!? That's what happens everyday!

All mcoluomo children are in the US,which kind work him dey work to sponsor all his pikin to the States!!? The poor danfo drivers and the conductors and okada,tricycle riders,how many of them got their children in the university?!??
...same is the reason grassroot sports like football is dead in Lagos cos virtually all grassroot eko boy is an agberoes one way or the other...
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by jamiudarex(m): 10:15am On Apr 10, 2021
Drabeey:
Naso we take meet agberos building and rebuilding our economy since time.... Can anything remove them from collecting money on the road built by government I nor know, never see. The main reason for booking this space tho.. Say me a prayer, Happy birthday to me.
Happy birthday wllnp
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Sterope(f): 10:16am On Apr 10, 2021
Plus they pass the cost to passengers as well.

Collective effort is the only feasible solution.

Teespice:
As someone who uses public transport on a daily basis, the tales of woe from these drivers is very true. I feel sad each time these touts extort money from the drivers. at every bus stop, you see these dirty, scruffy looking guys with gruff voices screaming owo daa and other obscenities. God save the driver and he refuses to pay, its either they remove the door of the bus or the cover of the fuel tank, even wipers.

As at 10 pm at Jakande gate yesterday, these fools were still extorting money from drivers. my own is, where does this money go? or is it Mc Oluomo that is benefitting immensely from this extortion. No wonder the attempt to scrap them off the roads was vehemently kicked against.

it is well. this is a conversation that relevant stakeholders need to have in Lagos. it is becoming a case of monkey work, baboon chop. imagine making 7k everyday, by the time one buys fuel, eat and settle these guys. let us not talk of the emergencies that might occur on the road, what would be left for the drivers at the end of the day.

it is well.

1 Like

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 10, 2021
femijay8271:

if God Almighty says he will, without any godfather... believe me he will but it's only depend with the kind of person he is
This same thing worked in Edo state doesn't mean it will work in Lagos
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Mohbola(f): 11:38am On Apr 10, 2021
Had a chat with one tricycle guy in my area and he told me that those guys levy them daily.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 10, 2021
Agbero's are too much in lagos, they don't only extort keke owners but private car owner's. that their car must have broken down.. Even walk in individual carry their goods out of the market. this is outrageous. the degree of lawlessness in lagos by these touts, empowered by tinubu is something else.

1 Like

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by pricy007(m): 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
Wish the government can just eradicate the use of tricycle as public means of transport in my state, these people are causing so much havoc, the rate they scratch cars is just so much
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by mywells: 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2021
You're riding contraband and you are still complaining,go and learn how to drive a taxi and have peace of mind, driving three cycles is like flies on shit, very useless side gone set of people, do you know how many cars you tricycle have dented.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by azpekuliar: 5:44pm On Apr 10, 2021
mywells:
You're riding contraband and you are still complaining,go and learn how to drive a taxi and have peace of mind, driving three cycles is like flies on shit, very useless side gone set of people, do you know how many cars you tricycle have dented.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

but you have gone off tangent.

1 Like

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by EmekaA125(m): 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2021
Gbagura:
When the real landlord talks, all tenants should keep kwayet. Pay your taxes and royalties to your host or get whipped severely. We need your taxes to gallivant and enjoy our lives. Keep grinding hard but don't forget to pay your taxes.

More money to Asiwaju's pocket.

Eko ó ní bájẹ
Oya werey ni

1 Like

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by EmekaA125(m): 6:12pm On Apr 10, 2021
Tinubu's Lagoscheesy

This is what he wants to reciprocate in Nigeria when he becomes President of Oshogbogrin grin grin
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Richthekid: 6:44pm On Apr 10, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by adenigga(m): 5:11am On Apr 11, 2021
mywells:
No wonder!, I can see you are high......

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by mywells: 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2021
adenigga:

No wonder!, I can see you are high......
when your child grow up advice him to tricycle ahead of a car.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by mywells: 4:10pm On Apr 11, 2021
azpekuliar:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

but you have gone off tangent.
in The left side of your brain there's nothing right, and in the right side of your brain there's nothing left.
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by azpekuliar: 4:12pm On Apr 11, 2021
mywells:
in The left side of your brain there's nothing right, and in the right side of your brain there's nothing left.

Ok, thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by Tochi3(m): 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2021
Re: Police, LASTMA, Agberos Threatening Our Livelihood, Tricycle Operators Lament by adenigga(m): 11:29am On Apr 12, 2021
mywells:

Yeeee!!!!…....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Musa Bamaiyi Is Dead / Kayode Fayemi Meets Jacob Zuma Of South Africa (Photos) / Boko Haram Now Disguise As Herdsmen In Benue, Taraba - Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.