Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

If You Didn’t Need To Worry About Money, What Would You Do For Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You Didn’t Need To Worry About Money, What Would You Do For Life (154 Views)

Aside From Money, What's Most Important Thing To You / 10 World Records You Didn’t Know Were Held By Nigerians / Zenith Bank Ate My Money. What Should I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If You Didn’t Need To Worry About Money, What Would You Do For Life by sirjamesjnr(m): 11:11am On Apr 10, 2021
Wishes have wings, yes they do. I believe so in my heart. Wishes are like mirages of water in an otherwise scorching sun called reality but then alas! They are just that, a mirage. So if MONEY were no issue, I would perhaps do the following:

1. One thing that makes me happy is to be a reason for someone’s goodwill. It is the thing that I feel should be an integral part of everyone’s life. I would start an initiative for orphan children. I would like to give wings to their dreams. I would build schools and orphanages and help bring clean water to villages where it’s scarce. I would give kids in my country a chance at a better future. I would teach them these skills also and create scholarship funds for those who may not be smart enough to earn one but those who have the drive and street smarts to be something better than the environment they were raised in. I want to be available to people in my neighbourhood to assist them in their times of need, both financially and morally. I’d love to pay some kid’s tuition, a sick person’s medical bill or food for a needy family.

2. I would travel. There is an island in Greece -Santorini that I would like to see before I close my eyes. I'd travel to different countries and live there for 3 months at a time. That's usually the length of a visitors visa anyways. I'd stay in nice hotels or apartments. mostly lavish and tasteful, Centrally located. Go to the countryside regularly to sight-see, take lots of photographs with an expensive camera that I'd learn how to use. Travel to the United States and Canada, I fly first class and stay at expensive hotels in various cities with great views. I'd order room service and tip generously. Get driven around in Uber blacks. Eat at Michelin star restaurants. I will love to subdue America to my feet. Communicate with people around the globe. I want to write, chat and share.
Books. Lots of them!! I’ll build myself a library filled with all the books that I could read in my lifetime. This will be my sanctuary, and I will spend most of my day reading.

3. Be with the one I love. I am one of the lucky ones that have met the love of my life. The feeling of being trapped because of money makes both of us sad. If money is not an issue, I will hold her hand right there and then go to her employer and will tell ‘em, “Excuse me, She quit.” We will leave in our own private jet and never look back (or maybe occasional visits so that we can laugh at all the foolishness she did here because of money)

5. Music. Oh, naturally this is where I see the beauty of life. I always pray that I die listening to good music.

6. Naturally, because I am a lord, I would want a cosy castle, very spectacular, perched high on a cliff, overlooking the sea with waves crashing and kissing the rocks beneath. I want a shroud of greenery to envelope my castle. I’d sleep like a baby. It has been ages since I had a beautiful sleep. I would like to have peace of mind that everything is under control and taken care of. And that I can sleep in peace, in my beautiful castle.

Above all I want happiness. Circle my world with happy people.

This thought came to me, I miss my loved ones and I realized, money can't fix most of my problems but a brief respite- most definitely. Nevertheless, I liked buzzing around like a bumblebee in a hive.
So folks, what If you didn’t need to worry about money, what would you do for the rest of your days and life. Let have fun, please. Wahala too much so sometimes let have some fun.

(1) (Reply)

Solutiontech : Web Developer, Promoter... etc / What's Your Favorite Thread Or Section On Nairaland And Why? / Choosing Between NYSC And My Career. How Do I Approach This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.