Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" (47616 Views)

Alex Otti Laments Naira Free Fall, Says FG Printed Too Much Money / Serving Governor Withdrew ₦60 Billion Cash In Six Years ― EFCC / Gloomy Outlook For States As Federation Account Falls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by knightsTempler: 9:32am On Apr 11, 2021
You’re printing billions of Naira to spend and share anyhow (both the one we know and the one we don’t know). And you’re wondering why young people are buying dollars and Crypto to save themselves from your irresponsibility.
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by NigeriaIsZOO: 9:33am On Apr 11, 2021
maasoap:

[s]
Firstly, we need to make sure that your comments and submissions have nothing to do with bitter politics which an average Nigerian is known for.

Then, we need to remind you that the money you're going to hold this morning money was once printed.

Then, you all need to understand that bad currencies are removed from circulation from time to time and they're needed to be replaced so that there wouldn't be shortage of money in circulation. How exactly do you think government achieve that?

Then, all of just became expert on economy and monetary issue like you knew more than the CBN officials. Do you guys even know the process the government has to go through to print certain amount of money and release it into the circulation?

How much are we even talking about here? 60 billion naira! What is the Nigeria GDP again? You all can only go haywire like this if it is proven that this has become normal and frequent recurrent practice with the administration.

Do you all want the government to wait until there is no enough money in circulation when we all know bunch of bad currencies are being removed from the circulation from time to time?

Many Nigerians youth and common sense are like word and opposite, they give in too easily to their emotions. And of course, most of you can't comment without being influenced by politics though you will never admit it.
[/s]

The problem with BMC's like you is that in your desperation to justify the 30k monthly stipend, you go to ridiculous extents and end up saying utter rubbish.

So you now know more than Obaseki that attends closed door security meetings with the federal government and its agencies like CBN?

In what capacity are you making these fictitious claims? Are you the CBN governor or a director there or a top government personnel?

If the CBN is trying to mop up mutilated currency from circulation, don't you know they will say so?

So we shouldn't believe a governor that has direct access to classified information and also has nothing to gain in peddling propaganda but rather believe a BMC on a faceless forum?

The CBN under Emefiele and Buhari has lost all credibility and has done terrible and absurd things in the past, so printing more naira to share is not a crazy and suicidal act that is beyond them.

Continue decieving yourself, nonsense!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by lexy2014: 10:10am On Apr 11, 2021
livebyday:

Is it about supporting buhari or the fact that there are people intentionally sponsoring hate and insecurity in this nation?

You don't care about that ?

What is wrong with you ?

What is d hate and insecurity that is being sponsored?
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Artymanx1: 10:14am On Apr 11, 2021
Emmanuelcann:
It is Götterdãmerung playing out before our eyes. The  unprecedented greed of politicians and impotence of a compromised legislative/judiciary have brought us to this sorry pass. Because of their looting we all have to go down!

It is your fault too. You were been extorted by your politicians and kept quiet. Now you’ll pay the price. Haha �
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Nicklaus619(m): 10:16am On Apr 11, 2021
maasoap:

Has it been confirmed that the printing of this 60 billion naira was unnecessary? When was the last time it was reported that Nigeria printed new notes and released into the circulation? How much is leaving the circulation monthly and yearly as bad currencies? Not all these governors even understand how the economy works.

Have u wondered why countries borrow money from IMF and other international monetary agencies when they could just print new notes and make it abundant in the economy.

As I said, from the economic point of view,
Printing of naira notes and giving to some particular group of person if not invested in capital project but squandered in luxury goods, plunges the economic into recession, which is why most sane country used fiscal policy to regulate it's economy by levying more tax on luxury goods and most high income earners pays more tax compares to the low income earners.
P.A.Y.E. pay as you earn.

In layman terms, unwarranted printing of currencies in the economy will plunge it into recession, most sadly money illusion, where large amount of money will be chasing little amount of goods and services which is why, things in the market are crazily expenses.
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Asiri1991: 11:35am On Apr 11, 2021
Sheggy13:

You Igbos are not in anyway better than Yorubas or other ethnic groups in Nigeria when it comes to playing parochial politics, so don't play sanctimonious here. Your cry about this govt is simply because you don't have key positions in it. Nigerians are essentially greedy, sentimental and self-centred people, Igbos inclusive. The Atiku most of you were queuing behind in 2019. Wasn't it because his running mate, Obi is an Igbo man? Isn't Atiku a Northerner again? Please stop deceiving yourselves.

The same way Obasanjo had the Igbo votes because the running mate was Igbo? Yar'adua too? And Jonathan? They all had the Igbo men as their running mates? Keep ignoring the terrible mistake you made because of your selfish interest.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by vineyardfarms: 11:36am On Apr 11, 2021
film3four:
Governor Obaseki of Edo state has said that Nigeria could go the way if Argentina if something is not done now to reposition the economy of Nigeria.

He went further to state that the federal government had to print 50-60 billion naira last month and shared to the states to top up on their allocation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IobDyrT_UrQ

https://dailytrust.com/obaseki-how-lack-of-funds-forced-fg-to-print-n60bn-for-states-to-share

insecurity at home, insecurity on the street, insecurity in the schools, market, religion's ground, farmlands, EVEN IN ASO ROCK, POLICE STATION, ARMY BARACKS. Every where insecurity.EVERY WHERE HUNGER. Govt HAVE dried up all borrowing avenue, PMB/ CABALS now resort to PRINTING OF MONEY. THIS IS AN EMBARASSMENT AND A THREAT TO THE FABRIC OF THE NATION. ONE WONDER WHAT THESE SO CALL RUBBER STAMP- SENATES AND REP ARE DOING TO FLUSH BUHARI-THE CABALS - OUT-OUT - OF ASO ROCK - TO MINIMIZED FURTHER DAMAGE. GOD- NIGERIA IS SINKING
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Nobody: 11:41am On Apr 11, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Buhari is running Nigeria like Idi Amin cheesy..They are now printing empty fiat currencies just so they can loot but they still don't know the implications of this .....chei there is no hope for this economy again .. Zimbabwe and somalia will be a joke by 4th qtr

I PUT IT TO YOU, BUHARI KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by iLegendd(m): 12:06pm On Apr 11, 2021
I take this as a good news. You won't understand.
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by atiku07(m): 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2021
We need to stop this monthly Abuja mentality, Regionalization is the key everyRegion should live according to there means or better still strive harder to better the lot of ur region. This share the money mentality is crazy i must tell you.
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by sidonlook: 12:49pm On Apr 11, 2021
Obaseki should convince Nigerians that he is not like the other governors, by moving motion in the governors forum for amendment of the constitution to stop this sharing.
What they are doing is constitutional.

Anyone that wants to stop it has to get that portion of the constitution amended.

Former president Goodluck Jonathan tried to stop the sharing ,without firstly amending that portion of the constitution. The governors went against him and he lost the battle.
Let us know the governors, senators and reps that are against us, that we may know those not to return come 2023

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by SweetiliciousD: 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
You won't see this paid minions here.

They wont contribute meaningfully to any worthy and productive discussion /thread.

CC NgeneUkwenu, deomelo, , seunsmesage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Tecno66: 12:55pm On Apr 11, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Buhari is running Nigeria like Idi Amin cheesy..They are now printing empty fiat currencies just so they can loot but they still don't know the implications of this .....chei there is no hope for this economy again .. Zimbabwe and somalia will be a joke by 4th qtr
This are the consequenses of nepotism. Na my brother syndrome instead of competence.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by majole: 1:12pm On Apr 11, 2021
Very irresponsible statement from the governor

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by SmartPolician: 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2021
maasoap:

Firstly, we need to make sure that your comments and submissions have nothing to do with bitter politics which an average Nigerian is known for.

Then, we need to remind you that the money you're going to hold this morning money was once printed.

Then, you all need to understand that bad currencies are removed from circulation from time to time and they're needed to be replaced so that there wouldn't be shortage of money in circulation. How exactly do you think government achieve that?

Then, all of just became expert on economy and monetary issue like you knew more than the CBN officials. Do you guys even know the process the government has to go through to print certain amount of money and release it into the circulation?

How much are we even talking about here? 60 billion naira! What is the Nigeria GDP again? You all can only go haywire like this if it is proven that this has become normal and frequent recurrent practice with the administration.

Do you all want the government to wait until there is no enough money in circulation when we all know bunch of bad currencies are being removed from the circulation from time to time?

Many Nigerians youth and common sense are like word and opposite, they give in too easily to their emotions. And of course, most of you can't comment without being influenced by politics though you will never admit it.

Only empty people use questions to support their argument. If you have points to make, come up with facts so we know what you have to offer.
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by TruthinAction: 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2021
SarkinYarki:

Trust me it's the same Buharib

A thousand times no. He is not. Unless you don't have a smart phone to compare his different pictures and monitor events and even compare videos.

The Buhari I know can appear on life interview but this one cannot. His speech has to be prepared ahead and rehearsed before he can deliver. The video even have to be edited.
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Wavesmaker: 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2021
franchasng:
Northerners have destroyed Nigeria but because Yorubas want to remain as VP or get one of their empty corrupt politician loyal to Northern politicians to become next president have remained silent.

Posterity will judge Igbos well because they have been talking, shouting, screaming on top of their voices while other Nigerians watched and laughed. Nigeria is dying oh, Northerners are about to bury the remains of dead Nigeria.

Just imagine what these wicked, incompetent corrupt Northern politicians are doing after looting Nigeria's Treasury yet they are always first to shout fight corruption angry angry
Your comments shows how prejudiced your opinions are: how can a region of over 80M be responsible of a single man's actions. Nigeria is in dire socio-economic situation instead of making constructive suggestions, you're busy advertising your ignorance by making ethnoregional bias and scapegoating an intire population due to your inherent hate.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by steve6: 3:24pm On Apr 11, 2021
....the days ahead !
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Lordave: 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2021
SarkinYarki:

My brother the governor was clear that the money was" printed to be allocated to states" and that's where the problem lies , that is clearly Idi Amin type monetary policy .... Printing to replace worn currency is whole lot different from this financial crime being perpetrated right in front of our eyes ..To print and replace the CBN would have to mop up 60 billion naira worn notes from circulation and replace them with same value but in the case obaseki mentioned the Buhari govt printed unbacked empty 60 billion worth of " tissue paper " and quietly injected it into state treasury which is a huge huge huge problem and if the govt repeats this for 12 months you can consider our monetary economy gone for good
I don’t know if he actually understood that and chose to be mischievous or he really lacks comprehension

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 11, 2021
Rugaria:
My own is that I just hope that Buhari will be the last Fulani to rule this unfortunate country!
His failure in government is cultural.. , it's a product of his warped base mindset.
Nomatter what happens, going forward, a hundred year moratorium should be placed on the Fulanis from every aspect of modern governance in the country! They actually need folks from other? They actually need folks from other forward looking parts of the country to govern them for a while, because let's face it, there are no success stories after all these years they have dominated governance in the country.
se na all this yahoo youth we go vote, hmm
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by ultimatekint(m): 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2021
Twelfthman:
Lets vote a young person to power. These greedy old politicians are outdated and had no clue about what is going on around them anymore.. That is the only way this country can move forward... If you ask me i will say anyone above 50 years of age shouldn't be vote to power
No election in 2023!
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Ikinternational: 5:56pm On Apr 11, 2021
TGM2015:
Print Naira to share allocation. This Obaseki can lie ooo.

Sọ, FG will call all state governors and hand them Ghana must go bags of money as allocation in Abuja. Then each of them will now transport it to their state.

Apparently you believe You're more in tune than a whole governor. lol

Good call sir

I don't think they're literally sharing/carrying bags of money..lol
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Islamabadd: 7:10pm On Apr 11, 2021
Onatisi talk am say by the time Buhari finish with Nigeria, Nigerians' neck go long like rope

lol

Cc: Onatisi
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by onatisi(m): 8:16pm On Apr 11, 2021
hahahahhaha
so you still remember ? virtually all those who supported buhari then on nairaland and insulted us then , have all had their share of buhari medicine,many have lost their bushiness and jobs
i swear , i don laugh tire
this is even just the beginning,nigerians still have another 2 years to go, those 2 years go be like 20 years , by the time they start sacking people, increase fuel , people go understand the meaning of change

Islamabadd:
Onatisi talk am say by the time Buhari finish with Nigeria, Nigerians' neck go long like rope

lol

Cc: Onatisi
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by onatisi(m): 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2021
i have not seen or heard anyone say or chant SAI BABA for almost a year now
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Krismas(m): 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2021
onatisi:
i have not seen or heard anyone say or chant SAI BABA for almost a year now
grin grin grin
cool grin grin grin
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by lonzo(m): 2:59am On Apr 12, 2021
Malawian:

When will you have sense?

Typical response as usual.. address my message and leave the messenger.
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by BluntCrazeMan: 4:46am On Apr 12, 2021
Nobody Is Going To Divide Nigeria...
NIGERIA WILL DIVIDE ITSELF BY ITSELF..
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 12, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Which region can survive on their own in this country? Hmmm May God save us in this country

Igbos can survive.
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Hassanmaye(m): 12:57pm On Apr 13, 2021
oluwazt:

Igbos can survive.
Hmmm I won't reply you
Re: Obaseki: "FG Printed 60 Billion Naira For States To Share" by Queenslander(f): 5:40pm On Apr 14, 2021
SmartPolician:

Open a dorm account.

The requirements are listed below:

1. You must have ONE valid ID (Driver's license, voter's card, Nigerian passport and National ID card)
2. 2 references with dorm or current account
3. Passport photograph
4 Utility bills (house rent or NEPA bill)

I don't know about other banks, but you must have a minimum of $100 balance that you cannot withdraw if you choose to open it with First Bank (that's the bank I use)

When you earn a reasonable amount to save, go to the aboki on the street, convert it to dollars and fund your dorm account. I know it's hard, but it's worth it. US dollars rarely depreciate against the naira. Even Nigerian government prefers to save in US dollars than our local currency. That's why we have foreign reserves.

If you have N10k in your account now, what that money can buy now will not be the same as what it can buy in December, 2021. Naira is depreciating at an alarming rate.
I love this, God bless you!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oduduwa Republic Rally Hits Ibadan (Photos) / Ghana: Fulani Elders Offered N350m To Me To Destabilize Taraba/Benue / EFCC Officials Cleaning Marks On Houses They Claimed Belong To Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.