Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) (46067 Views)

Osun Gov Polls Result Protest: Court Orders Saraki, Melaye, Murray-bruce To Hono / Uche Secondus Leads PDP Governors & Ben Bruce To Pay Solidarity Visit To Ortom / Ben Murray-Bruce: If Those 3 Million Super Eagles Jerseys Were Made In Aba... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by WhatCanIsay(m): 8:21pm On Apr 10, 2021
Omoslim26:

By this time next year you go buy one of them.

Lol e no pass wetin God fit do
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by Oblitz(m): 8:22pm On Apr 10, 2021
Smitharo:

Lol.. den na to ship d car wit special power bank enta naija oo if nt it's useless oo.

the generator that can charge an electric car would be too big to fit in an electric car.

4.5kva gen cannot charge electric cars fast
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by pinkygurl(f): 8:23pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Aunty we're not talking about multiple uses of crude ; we are talking about the revenue Nigeria will lose once petrol and heavy fuels become obsolete. Because the all energy industries run on heavy fuels (Diesel and kerosene) and petrol(PMS), and is where the bulk of the value for crude comes from
I get the lost revenue and economics talk from reduced percentage of demand.
But should petrol and heavy fuels become obsolete; The demand for crude will still be there but only fall/reduce. & Nations will be using crude for different purposes/target product.
Should petrol and Heavy fuels become obsolete,ENERGY INDUSTRY in underdeveloped counries which do not have means to immediately harness and explore other ENERGY generation sources like solar energy (solar energy plants/industries);wind energy,etc but still running on petrol and diesel;
It would simply give birth to a situation where chemical/peteroleum engineers in usa,& other developed countries will be refining crude to give lighter components as target product like hydrogen or cooking gases only & simultaneously, chemical/petroleum engineers in africa and underdeveloped world will still be refining crude to give more of same petrol or diesel they still have demand for.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by amrichy(m): 8:24pm On Apr 10, 2021
kaludestiny10:
With the invent of electric cars, what is going to be the faith of our automobile mechanics?
they need to upgrade themselves to mechatronics or electromechanics. Actually, a more important question you should ask is: what is going to be the fate of a country like nigeria whose economy is greatly dependent on the export of crude oil?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2021
Smitharo:
Na to carry generator join body travel oo to avoid story dat touch.
and the generator is running on fossil fuel?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by Smitharo(m): 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
Oblitz:

the generator that can charge an electric car would be too big to fit in an electric car.

4.5kva gen cannot charge electric cars fast

Hmm.. den I dnt think it advisable driving it to a far distance ova here in naija.. cos it will definitely end in tear.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by Ammishaddai: 8:34pm On Apr 10, 2021
pinkygurl:

I get the lost revenue and economics talk.
But should petrol and heavy fuels become obsolete;
AND ENERGY INDUSTRY in underdeveloped counries do not have means to immediately harness and explore other ENERGY generation sources like solar energy;wind energy,etc but still running on petrol and diesel;
It would simply give birth to a situation where chemical/peteroleum engineers in usa,& other developed countries will be refining crude to give lighter components as target product like hydrogen or cooking gases only & simultaneously, chemical/petroleum engineers in africa and underdeveloped world will still be refining crude to give more of same petrol or diesel they still have demand for.
Aunty, are you aware that world right now is heading towards zero-emisson and that the recent climate-change summit is hell-bent on embracing electric cars and other non-hydrocarbon sources of fuel...like bio-diesel and the likes?

Countries like Norway have already started using vehicles with zero-emisson and have placed pollution fines on people who use fossil-fuel vehicles. Now don't get me wrong when I say crude will lose it usefulness, but the truth is crude will lose its monetary value as a desired international commodity undecided
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2021
vanunu:

By then the govt will not be able to pay the military and there will be total anarchy.
neither will they be able to keep up with their bogus entitlements and jumbo salaries,then they will try to rob Nigerians through tax,vat and whatever name they can come up with forgetting that Nigerians are now desperate and looking for an excuse for mass madness.
Endsars will be child's play because of vultures who will hijack the great protests (shiites,ugm, miyetti)
Nigeria seem to be cornered but she doesn't know
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 8:38pm On Apr 10, 2021
I wonder why dangote is building refinery when the world is leaving fossil fuel behind
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by nick50(m): 8:39pm On Apr 10, 2021
Criminal..if not for looted funds where will this rope get the money to order for a car that has not been manufactured?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by Smitharo(m): 8:40pm On Apr 10, 2021
engrchykae:
and the generator is running on fossil fuel?

Lol.. wahala for who buy electric car for naija oo
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by amrichy(m): 8:42pm On Apr 10, 2021
Smitharo:

Lol.. den na to ship d car wit special power bank enta naija oo if nt it's useless oo.
unfortunately, it doesn't seem feasible that a 'power bank' can be made for the VERY HUGE and powerful batteries that electric cars use.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2021
Tonymegabush1:
Since he has the money he is free to buy what ever gives him joy like me now that want to but a pent of rice for tomorrow joy,...

undecided
I swear you funny, a paint of rice for tomorrow joy....hahahaha grin
Tonymegabush1:
Since he has the money he is free to buy what ever gives him joy like me now that want to but a pent of rice for tomorrow joy,...

undecided
I swear you funny, a paint of rice for tomorrow joy....hahahaha
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by Smitharo(m): 8:47pm On Apr 10, 2021
amrichy:

unfortunately, it doesn't seem feasible that a 'power bank' can be made for the VERY HUGE and powerful batteries that electric cars use.

Hmmm.. so wots ur suggestion?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by seaenergy: 8:50pm On Apr 10, 2021
HeWrites:
Senator Ben Murray-Bruce says he has put some deposit on a yet-to-be manufactured Lucid electric car, Igbere TV reports.

The former Bayelsa East lawmaker who uploaded pictures of the car to Twitter on Saturday said it could go more miles per charge than an electric car manufactured by Tesla.

He wrote:

https://twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/1380845418096001029?s=20

Murray-Bruce has been an advocate of “green cars” which would see off the era of combustion engine cars.

Better Than Solar Panels?
Prepper's Invention Takes Country By Storm With Free Power!
I can convert any combustion Engine to electric cars and also build charging stations. Nigerians are suffering much, banning ICU engine cars is good but what about job losses.
Has Ben Bruce planned how to provide for millions that will lose their jobs?

I am not saying this to counter the technology, after all it will benefit me, because i have skill to turn any ICU movable object to electric mobile. I already completed my conversion company at Nnewi. I don't need Generator at my charging station because I produce a complete free energy electric plant running on full time electricity, it makes solar to be useless.
As I didn't get a contract, I am using it for production in my company, and soon conversion of electric cars will start, right now, we are producing electric, wheelchair, bicycle, electric trucks for truck pushers. By the end of the year people around Eastern states will start driving converted electric cars, the same of their car only that is converted to electric cars and the charging stations are available.    
One thing we should have in mind as a nation is that adoption of electric cars led to loss of many jobs.  Mechanics, anything oil apart from little engine oil for gearbox which a well refined edible oil can serve. a lot of oil companies workers will lose their jobs. Electric car manufacturing is not a job creation sector as there's not much work to do at the company. If authority is in my hand, to use an electric car should be by choice not by force. because it is difficult for electric cars to travel 700 miles without charging for 8 to 10 hours, so how can we travel in Nigeria. everybody cannot afford the flight fee.

What about ICU vehicle engine spare parts sellers, electric cars don't have any spare parts to change, comparing electric cars and ICU engine vehicles is like comparing Microsoft with a typewriter machine. We have seen how typewriters die.

As i said, Nigeria oil booming did not benefit me in any way, not even free primary education, i have never benefited anything for being a Nigeria citizen, not even security, But that cannot stop me from caring for masses that will lose their job if the government follow Ben bruce advice to ban ICU cars.
I have this charging station already in three countries and have started production there, I advise their industrial section that give me license not to ban use of ICU engine cars because of masses that will lose their jobs and they bid with my advice. They are using electric cars now as commercial taxis.
As i said it benefited me but masses job first.

Meanwhile we still have generators for you, if only you want to be free from electricity epilepsy in this country. 

What Can we do to help you? You can contact us for your clean energy installation, from 10KW to 20,000M and above

We want to deliver better life to you through our clean energy power plant, there’s no need to worry about electricity again, shout freedom to that project you stop half way because of electricity epilepsy and over electricity bill.

As a production company, you always wish there’s another way for a cheap electricity bill.

That factory that stops functioning because of an over electricity bill. What about your hotels that need constant electricity?

That community that doesn’t have light for years, are you tired of buying fuel and gas for your generator? Just make a budget for installation of a clean energy power plant at your home, office and factory and have your peace of mind. This energy power plant is far different from solar, solar doesn’t take a big load, but our plant is 100% capable of carrying every load for years non-stop, depending on how many Kilowatts and voltage electricity your company requires. we will help you to calculate the quantity electricity requirement of your home, hotel, company to enable you know the size of plant to install for you.  

A trial will convince you, good luck goes with hard work. Contact us through our  (Email: cleanenergyelectricity@gmail.com) include your whats-app number on email as we may get back to you through whatsapp
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by otemeh01(m): 8:50pm On Apr 10, 2021
pinkygurl:

Chemical and petroleum engineers/technologists can totally break down the present day distillates to simpler components like hydrogen,methane & ethane.
The plastic industry depends on crude.
Tar for road construction depends on crude.Polyvinylchloride PVC people are there.
Not to mention some other components useful in medicine.
Your almighty petrol and almighty diesel even jet fuel and the bulk of distillates can be further broken down to just methane or hydrogen or cooking gas should a chemical or petroleum engineer/technologist desire to do so.and induce reactions favouring the production of lighter gases only from them.
In such an age,petrol and diesel will cease to be finished or target products from crude.
But rather by products to be further refined.
Should only cooking gas become the only thing or only desired target product from crude for eg,chemical/petroleum engineers are ready to process crude to yield 90% of the target product,cooking gas only.
All d diesel and petrol gotten in d process,would be further processed to yield components favouring the target product
You got good head resting on your shoulders.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by seyz91(m): 8:52pm On Apr 10, 2021
cheesy
Blackfire:
Nigeria NEPA looking at this mumu man with wicked smile
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by seyz91(m): 8:53pm On Apr 10, 2021
na inside naija traffic una go finish the car charge and your eye go clear

better they prepare to buy generator put for booth soon as the car arrives

na naija we dey need i remind you that
HeWrites:
Senator Ben Murray-Bruce says he has put some deposit on a yet-to-be manufactured Lucid electric car, Igbere TV reports.

The former Bayelsa East lawmaker who uploaded pictures of the car to Twitter on Saturday said it could go more miles per charge than an electric car manufactured by Tesla.

He wrote:

https://twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/1380845418096001029?s=20

Murray-Bruce has been an advocate of “green cars” which would see off the era of combustion engine cars.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2021
Thank God for this technology-driven automobiles.

That means that the south will retain the economic and industrial powerbase of this country because we're ahead of the almajirai republic in ICT and Data technology, which in effect is the in-thing.

The north felt that they've secured their tomorrow by looting our common wealth today BUT it can only sustain them for awhile.

Even if we do not secede into different republics as envisioned they'll come to depend on us (south) economically and industrially.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by udomonday: 8:55pm On Apr 10, 2021
He talks too much.what happened to his 64story stratosphere?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by amrichy(m): 8:58pm On Apr 10, 2021
Smitharo:

Hmmm.. so wots ur suggestion?
the solution is simple really. We just need two basic things: stable electricity and availability of charging stations for electric cars all around the country.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by mukthar2000(m): 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2021
If the like make the buy earth surface, na death sure pass, 6f awaiting everyone of them that lavished Nigeria treasure.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by Smitharo(m): 9:04pm On Apr 10, 2021
amrichy:

the solution is simple really. We just need two basic things: stable electricity and availability of charging stations for electric cars all around the country.

Lol.. you for Kuku say electric cars is not made for Nigerians living in naija,nobody go beat you. grin
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by pinkygurl(f): 9:23pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Aunty, are you aware that world right now is heading towards zero-emisson and that the recent climate-change summit is hell-bent on embracing electric cars and other non-hydrocarbon sources of fuel...like bio-diesel and the likes?

Countries like Norway have already started using vehicles with zero-emisson and have placed pollution fines on people who use fossil-fuel vehicles. Now don't get me wrong when I say crude will lose it usefulness, but the truth is crude will lose its monetary value as a desired international commodity undecided
Yes the world is heading towards reduced emission of green house gases(GHG) to comply with paris agreement.
Electric cars are not so feasible yet in nigeria and some african countries with NEPA problem.Last time l checked,there was no electric grid public transport train or electric grid public transport bus in nigeria yet.although these are common sights in the oyibo world already.Electric cars are unsuitable for cities and countries with acute power shortage.eg Nigeria. In 50years,oyibo nor dey take light once unless maybe hurricane.
To create solar and wind energy, used to generate ELECTRICITY for electric power cars,petroleum products are required anyway. We wouldn’t even have many renewable energy resources if we didn’t have petroleum technologies.
Parts of electric cars eg.The batteries and electricity needed for charging electric cars are not necessarily generated from renewable energy

And you mentioned ENERGY alternatives apart from Solar, wind,etc like Bio-diesel. at best a common name for a chemical compound in plants used as fuel
BIO-DIESEL is simply long-chain fatty acid esters. made by chemically reacting lipids such as animal fat (tallow),soybean oil,or some other vegetable oil with an alcohol, producing a methyl, ethyl or propyl ester.
Still it is being used only as an additive added to crude oil derived diesel. Biodiesel can be 100% (B100) or blends with petroleum diesel. For e.g., B20 variant is a 20% blend of biodiesel with 80% diesel fuel. eg.Mercedes Benz does not allow diesel fuels containing greater than 5% biodiesel (B5) due to concerns about "production shortcomings". Any damages caused by the use of such non-approved fuels will not be covered by the Mercedes-Benz Limited Warranty.
More recently, the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia decided to update its bus system to allow the fleet of city buses to run entirely on a fish-oil based biodiesel. the entire fleet had successfully been converted.
Aircraft ,The Eco-skies Boeing 737-800 plane was fueled with only 40 percent biodiesel Solajet and 60 percent petroleum-derived jet fuel

To transform to a biodiesel world,plants natural sources are not sustainable & insufficient to meet demand. & The long chain fatty esters may have to be produced chemically in labs & industrial chemical processes
Chemically, transesterified biodiesel comprises a mix of mono-alkyl esters of long chain fatty acids. The most common form uses methanol (converted to sodium methoxide) to produce methyl esters (common name Fatty Acid Methyl Ester – FAME) as it is the cheapest alcohol available, though ethanol can be used to produce an ethyl ester (commonly referred to as Fatty Acid Ethyl Ester – FAEE) biodiesel and higher alcohols such as isopropanol and butanol have also been used. U
The methanol used in most biodiesel production processes is made using fossil fuel inputs . Although there are sources of renewable methanol made using carbon dioxide or biomass as feedstock, making their production processes free of fossil fuels

Technology designed to produce renewable methanol from carbon dioxide and hydrogen, uses water electrolysis or, alternatively, hydrogen captured from industrial waste gases.
Production technology of renewable methanol does not depend on agricultural resources, as hydrogen and carbon dioxide are the primary inputs.

At the end of the day,a truly biodiesel world will demand more hydrogen globally.
And fossil fuels & heavy petroleum distillates like petrol and diesel can be further broken down to produce lots and lots of hydrogen & light gases like methane only..Fossil fuels are the dominant source of industrial hydrogen.Specifically, bulk hydrogen is usually produced by the steam reforming of methane or natural gas.
Most industrial processes depending on hydrogen as raw material depend on Crude oil & (natural)gas.
If Tomorrow petrol and diesel are not in demand;target product of crude becomes hydrogen and light gases eg methane and all pms/diesel becomes byproduct requiring further processing to yield hydrogen and lighter gases .

Crude quantities required/demanded will only fall
Crude will still remain a valuable commodity for industrial mass production of hydrogen. in a zero emission world.
hydrogen gas is required for atomic hydrogen welding (AHW).
Electrical generators use hydrogen as a rotor coolant. Hydrogen is relied upon in many manufacturing plants to check for leaks. Hydrogen can be used on its own or with other elements.
It is used in ammonia production. Ammonia is part of many household cleaning products. It is also a hydrogenating agent used to change unhealthy unsaturated fats to saturated oils and fats.
It can also be used to make plants fertilizers, acids and a variation of bases
Hydrogen is also used for methanol production. Tritium is generated in nuclear reactions. It is a radioactive isotope used to make H-bombs

,For Renewable energy sources encompassing biomass or biofuels,the carbon neutral status is heavily questionable & under debate.
The production of biofuel totally from natural grapefruits also causes emissions, along the chain of mass manufacture and supply, that are primarily to be attributed to the ac­tivity areas of cultivation and processing.eg from fertilizers emission
It is also not Suitable for Use in Low Temperatures
Biodiesel gels in cold weather & winter. The best way to use biodiesel during the colder months is to blend it with diesel fuel.
It is still about 1.5times more expensive than crude fuels
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by stanley000: 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2021
Crixxx:
Electric cars will really change the design of cars but definitely can't give the raw power combustion engines give.
not true. In combustion engines alot of energy is lost but with electricity cars the toque increase ls almost times 2. Go and watch documentaries about electric cars
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by stanley000: 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
With the coming of electric cars, the demand for Nigerian's crude will become obsolete.
and then Nigeria will go broke like nepal.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by donnie(m): 9:27pm On Apr 10, 2021
That's how Niger delta republic will start drinking their oil.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by stanley000: 9:29pm On Apr 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
That's another disadvantage of electric cars. And from what I'm seeing, it is just a matter of time before gloom and doom comes upon Nigeria
that's not a disadvantage bro, everyone else around the world is moving why can't Nigeria? Maybe this oil should just finish so we can discover our true talents like a musician lol
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by CoachEmmanuel98: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2021
Mouth Gig:
WITH LOOTED FUNDS grin

ELECTRICIAN CAR,KILL U THERE,THIEVES
Oga, Ben Murray Bruce have been a successful Multi millionaire Businessman before he became a politician.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by stanley000: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2021
Dalil8:
Nice!

Seriously guys, there are better electric car makers than Tesla, especially in China.

Tesla is overhyped IMO.
if u would trust a Chinese car manufacturer then I would equally believe jubrin hasn't stole a dime since ge assumed office.
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by Germi9: 9:40pm On Apr 10, 2021
abeg na where una dey see this money?
Re: Ben Murray-Bruce To Buy First Lucid Electric Car (Photos) by Dalil8: 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2021
stanley000:
if u would trust a Chinese car manufacturer then I would equally believe jubrin hasn't stole a dime since ge assumed office.

Tesla has a Giga factory in Shanghai, almost all car manufacturers do.

So technically they're all chinese made cars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Arrests Boko Haram Commander, Rescues 178 People (photos) / Attacking Buhari Won’t Save You - Atiku Tells Tinubu / IPOB Members Avoid Zonal Meeting In Aba, As A Member Laments (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.