Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,370 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million (9615 Views)

Marketers Eye Fresh Fuel Price Hike As Crude Hits $94 / Muhammadu Buhari 3-Layer Interchange In Hotoro Kano State, Commissioned / See The Oshodi Transport Interchange That Was Recently PreCommissioned (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by plaindealer: 11:17pm On Apr 11, 2021

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by plaindealer: 11:18pm On Apr 11, 2021

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Wizzzzmike: 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Is that why Ghana is so poor that my Lagos State, a part of Nigeria, is worth far more in GDP in GDP and can literally buy 5 times Ghana?
Who did this to Ghana and Ghanaians? undecided
Yet they're more poor people in Lagos than the whole of Ghana. It's a fact...like it's not plenty talking lol common sense dude
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Rossikki: 11:27pm On Apr 11, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
RUBBISH! PURE RUBBISH! 15 million nigerians children are out of school as we speak grin grin grin these are future boko haram, pr0stitutes, kidnappers grin what is the education budget for Nigeria? grin grin nigeria's education budget for a country of 300 million is a joke grin
In Ghana, education is not only free, government provides free meals, uniforms, books, exams fees etc grin grin grin Ghana students topped the first three spots in WAEC grin grin

You are a smiling liar.

Only elementary education is free in Ghana. Secondary school students pay tuition fees. Just as elementary education is free in Nigeria. The Nigerian govt has a school feeding program in which 40 million children are fed daily in public schools across the federation.

That's 1.5 times the entire Ghana population fed daily, free of charge.

Your so called education budget, probably half of it is embezzled by your corrupt government that still cannot outrank 210 million strong Nigeria in GDP per capita, despite your having a tiny population of 30 million, and oil and gas, gold, and cocoa resources in abundance.

You should actually be ashamed of yourselves. With your resources and tiny population, you should be like the UAE of West Africa.

Instead your cities are stone age embarrassments, and your airports look very backward and disgusting and in serious need of investment.

Instead you're here dragging with Nigeria over basic indicators, almost like (what should be a) Kuwait dragging India.

Shameless.
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by plaindealer: 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2021
m

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Wizzzzmike: 11:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
Rossikki:

Look at this illiterate.

DUDE, Tens of millions more people in Nigeria have access to electricity, clean water, healthcare etc, and are gainfully employed, than the entire Ghana population X 3.

''How many Nigerian children are in school, compared with Ghana?''

Are you kidding me? There are more Nigerian children in primary school than the entire Ghana population.

Education in Nigeria

Gross enrollment rate in elementary schools in Nigeria
68.3%

Children enrolled in public elementary schools in Nigeria
22.4m

Nigerian states with the highest deficit of classrooms
North-Western states

Average number of children per class in public elementary schools in Nigeria
51 pupils

SECONDARY EDUCATION
Gross enrollment rate in lower secondary school in Nigeria

54.4%
Students enrolled in lower secondary school in Nigeria
6.8m

Gross enrollment rate in upper secondary school in Nigeria
68.6%

Completion rate for upper secondary school in Nigeria
80% for males, 59% for females

UNIVERSITY

Number of Bachelor students in Nigeria
1.7m

Largest university in Nigeria
National Open University of Nigeria

Number of full-time university professors in Nigeria

https://www.statista.com/topics/6658/education-in-nigeria/

Access to electricity:

In 2019, about 62 percent of the population in Nigeria ( ie 140 million people) had access to electricity. The highest percentage of population without access to electricity was located in rural areas. Generally, the majority of households with no electricity live in the North of the country, whereas the South reports the lowest shares.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1119633/share-of-households-without-electricity-access-in-nigeria-by-area/

Sure Ghana has a higher percentage access to electricity of roughly 80%, but that just means Ghana supplies electricity to 25 million people.

Dude why the lies lol...are you sure 62% of Nigerians have access to electricity

1 Like

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Rossikki: 11:35pm On Apr 11, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

Dude why the lies lol...are you sure 62% of Nigerians have access to electricity

Stop being a dunce.

I reference my claims with respected research sources like Statista, the World Bank and the UN.

Not ''Alibaba.com''.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1119633/share-of-households-without-electricity-access-in-nigeria-by-area/

1 Like

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by plaindealer: 11:43pm On Apr 11, 2021
Rossikki:

Stop being a dunce.

I reference my claims with respected research sources like Statista, the World Bank and the UN.

Not ''Alibaba.com''.

I laughed when I saw that.

Alibaba as a source of credible info, only on NL.

grin grin
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Rossikki: 11:45pm On Apr 11, 2021
plaindealer:

I laughed when I saw that.

Alibaba as a source of credible info, only on NL.

grin grin

My brotha, the things we have to endure on NL.
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by PetroDolla2020: 11:48pm On Apr 11, 2021
fvck you, edi0t! I live here in Ghana and I am telling you what is happening in Ghana and you are telling me nonsense? stvpid goat, you didn't know Ghana has free secondary schools? not only free tuition, but free feeding, free uniforms, free everything? 15 million nigerian children are out of school and roaming the streets as we speak grin grin grin

abegi, just park well with your filthy lies,huh? Don't know why nigerians like telling lies. they lie they are rich when they indeed very poor grin poverty capital of the world grin they lie they are happy, when they are indeed very miserable and desperate grin no wonder the country is sinking down and down and down grin you guys keep telling yourselves your country is doing great, hen in fact the rest of the world is laughing at nigeria grin grin grin nigeria is a damn fvcking joke grin

[s]
Rossikki:

You are a smiling liar.

Only elementary education is free in Ghana. Secondary school students pay tuition fees. Just as elementary education is free in Nigeria. The Nigerian govt has a school feeding program in which 40 million children are fed daily in public schools across the federation.

That's 1.5 times the entire Ghana population fed daily, free of charge.

Your so called education budget, probably half of it is embezzled by your corrupt government that still cannot outrank 210 million strong Nigeria in GDP per capita, despite your having a tiny population of 30 million, and oil and gas, gold, and cocoa resources in abundance.

You should actually be ashamed of yourselves. With your resources and tiny population, you should be like the UAE of West Africa.

Instead your cities are stone age embarrassments, and your airports look very backward and disgusting and in serious need of investment.

Instead you're here dragging with Nigeria over basic indicators, almost like (what should be a) Kuwait dragging India.

Shameless.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Wizzzzmike: 12:00am On Apr 12, 2021
Rossikki:

Stop being a dunce.

Not ''Alibaba.com''.

Dumbass Lol... where do you think I get it from? I read before I act. I'm not like you who just copy and paste and don't read sh!t
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Rossikki: 12:00am On Apr 12, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
fvck you, edi0t! I live here in Ghana and I am telling you what is happening in Ghana and you are telling me nonsense? stvpid goat, you didn't know Ghana has free secondary schools? not only free tuition, but free feeding, free uniforms, free everything? 15 million nigerian children are out of school and roaming the streets as we speak grin grin grin

abegi, just park well with your filthy lies,huh? Don't know why nigerians like telling lies. they lie they are rich when they indeed very poor grin poverty capital of the world grin they lie they are happy, when they are indeed very miserable and desperate grin no wonder the country is sinking down and down and down grin you guys keep telling yourselves your country is doing great, hen in fact the rest of the world is laughing at nigeria grin grin grin nigeria is a damn fvcking joke grin

[s][/s]

But why should a tiny country of 30 million people with OIL AND GAS, GOLD AND COCOA IN HUGE ABUNDANCE, have this level of poverty and deprivation, you stupid short man coming to drag with Nigeria?

https://www.modernghana.com/news/988721/poverty-in-ghana-would-it-end-by-2030.html

http://overcomingpoverty.org/article/interviews-with-people-in-extreme-poverty-in-ghana

''A recent survey by the National Development Planning Commission has revealed that, child poverty is still a major problem in Ghana.

The work shows that 70% of Ghanaian children lack access to adequate welfare.

This means that only a few young ones have access to proper security, education and other amenities necessary for proper growth of a child.

“Looking at monetary poverty alone the number was 28% but once we delved deeper and looked at various dimensions of poverty, we saw the average sum is well over 70% of Ghanaian Children,” recounted Dr. Felix Addo-Yobo, Acting Director, Development Policy Division of the NDPC

https://www.modernghana.com/news/952387/child-poverty-hit-70-ndpc.html

THE AVERAGE GHANAIAN should be demanding to know WHY their country, which has only 30 million people to feed, and almost as many natural resources as Nigeria, should have ANY poverty at all, not to mention THIS level of extreme poverty and deprivation.
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Wizzzzmike: 12:05am On Apr 12, 2021
Rossikki:

But why should a tiny country of 30 million people with OIL AND GAS, GOLD AND COCOA IN HUGE ABUNDANCE, have this level of poverty and deprivation, you stupid short man coming to drag with Nigeria?

https://www.modernghana.com/news/988721/poverty-in-ghana-would-it-end-by-2030.html

http://overcomingpoverty.org/article/interviews-with-people-in-extreme-poverty-in-ghana

Richest economy in africa indeed lmfao lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Rossikki: 12:09am On Apr 12, 2021
Wizzzzmike:

Richest economy in africa indeed lmfao lol grin grin grin

Nigeria can always argue that its huge 210 million population means it will have millions of poor people for a long time still, being a developing nation.

What is GHANA's excuse?

India is the biggest economy in South East Asia, and still has millions of poor folk, so your point is baseless. Large developing nations always have large numbers of poor people, even if their economies are on the rise.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by PetroDolla2020: 12:09am On Apr 12, 2021
stvpid magg0t. Fuckeduppedness grin nigeriaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin Africa's richest country and exporters of millions of barrels or crude daily. plus trillions of gas and condensates grin grin grin grin grin the undisputed champions of global poverty grin grin very backward mudder fuggerz, walahi grin grin grin grin

[s]
Rossikki:

[/s]

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Rossikki: 12:16am On Apr 12, 2021
THE SHOCKING PARADOX OF GHANA
''Ghana is Africa's largest gold producer, after overtaking South Africa in 2019 and second-largest cocoa producer (after Côte d'Ivoire). It is also rich in diamonds, manganese ore, bauxite, and oil & gas.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Ghana

Child poverty in Ghana: 73.4% are deprived – Report

https://www.ghanabusinessnews.com/2020/01/24/child-poverty-in-ghana-73-4-are-deprived-report/

SHOCKING POVERTY IN GHANA

https://www.dw.com/en/northern-ghana-poor-despite-ngos-presence/a-36377595

GHANA ACTUALLY HAS MORE RESOURCES THAN NIGERIA - OIL AND GAS - GOLD, DIAMONDS, COCOA, BAUXITE, MANGANESE, AND HAS ONLY 30 MILLION PEOPLE TO CATER FOR.

WHERE IS ALL THE MONEY GOING?

Please ask this short man.

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by afube: 12:20am On Apr 12, 2021
plaindealer:

Why bother to post if you can not make sense.

Are you referring to yourself? cos you ain't talking to me!
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by plaindealer: 12:31am On Apr 12, 2021
afube:

Are you referring to yourself? cos you ain't talking to me!

I don't even remember quoting you to start with, must be a guilty conscience.

Alibaba ko, alisister ni.. grin grin
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by plaindealer: 12:33am On Apr 12, 2021
It's easy to dig up the dirty, slum and poverty rubbish in Ghana, but I have nothing against Ghana and these clowns won't make me do all that.
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by PetroDolla2020: 12:33am On Apr 12, 2021
hahahahahahaha fuckeuppedness welcome to sweet Nigeria, the pride of Africa grin the giANT of Africa grin the most useless mudder fucking shambolic shiithole in the whole world grin grin grin the whole world is laughing at Nigeria grin grin grin grin naija don pafuka grin grin grin beautiful pictures from naija grin grin

see as dem full truck dey go Ghana grin grin grin Today Ghana has become London for Nigerians grin grin grin shameless

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Rossikki: 12:40am On Apr 12, 2021
GHANA PASTORS ENGAGE IN RITUAL MURDERS AND SACRIFICE

Now, robberies, ritual sacrifices of human beings and religious crimes, what may be the menacing “3 Rs”, have increased in Ghana under the NPP government. A week does not pass by without a fatal armed robbery incident of some sort taking place in Ghana.

https://www.modernghana.com/news/1073493/government-to-show-pragmatism-in-the-face-of-ritua.html

Ritual sacrifices where human beings are killed with their parts removed are rampant occurrences. Pastors duping their church members, making them economically impotent and useless, is ongoing in Ghana. These pastors are again revealed to be involved in the said ritual sacrifices.

In all these circumstances, the government is impotent all because of her strict adherence to the democratic principles Ghana is absurdly inextricably married to or mired in.

https://www.modernghana.com/news/1073493/government-to-show-pragmatism-in-the-face-of-ritua.html
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by PetroDolla2020: 12:46am On Apr 12, 2021
oh la la grin chai. hope say una dey enjoy the beautiful photos from the undisputed headquarter of world poverty grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Rossikki: 12:47am On Apr 12, 2021
GHANA SUFFERS ENDLESS POWER SHORTAGE AND BLACKOUTS AS CITIZENS CRY OUT

Accra at night

IES insists recent power outages threat to re-booting Ghana’s economy
By Eric Nana Yaw Kwafo

IES insists recent power outages threat to re-booting Ghana’s economy Listen to article
The Institute for Energy Security (IES) is calling for an end to the recent power challenges in the country as it insist that the recovery of the economy is under threat from the outages.

While government has assured that it is committed to leading the charge for the recovery of the economy, recent power outages have meant that several businesses are unable to operate.

Since the beginning of the year, there have been several major power supply cuts, as experienced on 27th February 2021, 3rd March 2021, and also the total shutdown blackout on 7th March 2021.

Preview to the happenings, IES says that even though the issue of power outages is never a new thing to the Ghanaian economy, the current power challenges require a swift intervention because we are not in normal times.

“Aside the power outages affecting health service delivery, it may definitely affect negatively on economic activities in the service and industrial sectors.

https://www.modernghana.com/news/1071761/ies-insists-recent-power-outages-threat-to-re-boot.html
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by Rossikki: 12:56am On Apr 12, 2021
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by mecussey(m): 2:20am On Apr 12, 2021
Godblessbiafraa:
You can't compare Ghana with the big for nothing Nigeria

God bless Biafra

When you have a country with one or similar ethnic groups, everything goes forward but for our big for nothing country with thousands of different and religious in compactible groups will only head to the gallows
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by mecussey(m): 2:24am On Apr 12, 2021
Aconomist:

Yea, all the major tribes have enough people to form functional countries. The amalgamation is senseless.

Only Fulani janjaweeeds is currently benefiting from it but they are so foolish to realise that they won't benefit forever. Though, they already armed themselves so that,.any day they stopped benefiting, they will start the genocide. Who genocide epp.
Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by plaindealer: 3:53am On Apr 12, 2021
Celebritiesbuzz
tSip8deonsorehd ·
Social media has yielded a positive results for the lady.
1million naira for her to start her own provision store from a former chief of staff, Lagos.
Here in Ghana, they will pretend they are blind!
May #Allah be sufficient for everyone.
BREAKING!!! Uche Nwosu meets with disabled lady seen on the streets of Lagos Nigeria Hawking 'Bottled Water'
� Raises N1million to start business; Calls on Nigerians to support her and Urges youths to effect better change and touch lives with social media
Ex-Imo Chief of Staff, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu on the 9th of April 2021 stumbled upon the viral picture of Miss Mary Daniel who was seen hawking bottled water in Lagos State on Social Media despite being an amputee.
Moved by her situation, Chief Nwosu started a search on her and in less than 24hours, found out that she hawks at popular Oshodi Market in Lagos Nigeria.
Upon getting her contact details, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu took a flight to Lagos State immediately and scheduled a breakfast meeting with Miss Mary at Lagos Island on Sunday the 11th April, 2021, after an interview with her, she told Ugwumba that she wanted to setup a provision store to carter for herself, two year old daughter and aged mother.
Ugwumba Uche Nwosu immediately raised One Million Naira (N1,000,000.00) to enable her setup a provision store in Lagos, some of Ugwumba Uche Nwosu's friends also donated to Miss Mary, Prince Ben Odunze a real estate mogul and Barr. Steve Asimobi the Senior Legislative Aide to Senator Rochas Okorocha at the National Assembly and two others.
Soaznews gathered from Ibekwe Darlington that, Uche Nwosu also called on Nigerians to support Miss Mary Daniel and others who are facing challenges across the country, he also urged Nigerian youths to effect better change and touch lives using social media, he appreciated those who released the pictures of Miss Mary so the world would see and come to her aid.
26 year old Miss Mary who hails from Anyigba Local Government Area in Kogi State had an accident at age 11 which led to the amputation of her right leg.
Present with Ugwumba Uche Nwosu was Barr. Steve Asimobi, Prince Ben Odunze, Emeka Jesse Iheanacho amongst others.
[Soaznews]

This was written by a popular Social Media Blogger in Ghana.

This wonderful young lady regardless of her disability is asserting her independence and making a living on the streets of Lagos, but Lagosians are not having it, they rushed to help and assist her morally and financially for a better and sustained existence. They raised N1 Million for her to set up a provision store in Lagos.

Now back to Ghana, the media website in Ghana quickly opined that in Ghana, they will pretend they are blind.

Another reason why I'm so happy to be a Nigeria.

God Bless the hardworking young lady

God Bless Nigeria.

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by vankelvin: 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
Rossikki:

No shortage of ''sophisticated roads'' in Nigeria, dude.

Abuja

Accra Interchange below

Are there sophisticated roads in Abuja at all grin angry grin grin cheesy grin cheesy

Take it easy on yourself cos life is too short

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by vankelvin: 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2021
plaindealer:

We already have the Eko Bridge interchange and Marina bridge to take care of all that and you can not insert that ugly monstrosity in Ghana in that area so sole a problem that doesn't exist.

Also, you can not eliminate traffic entering from the mainland and leaving vital economic city and corridors consisting of Lagos Island, Lekki, and VI where millions of people enter in the morning and leave in the evening at the same time, sure, you can mitigate the situation, but you can not eliminate it, the situation is the same all over the world with no solution unless you have a formula where you prevent millions of people entering and leaving the same place at the same time.

Nawa oo for ordinary haters

Accra 4 tier interchange below

1 Like

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by vankelvin: 12:13pm On Jul 10, 2021
plaindealer:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13379771_bb_jpeg4ef006bd67084eb2081d4a21b69e6445

So, instead of the sensible, simple and functional solution above, we should have inserted the ugly and pointless bridge below in that location?

Does it look practical and sensible to you?

Heart pain landed peacefully grin cheesy

Accra 4 tier interchange. The first in the history of West Africa grin grin

Re: Ghana Completes Complex Interchange For Just $94 Million by vankelvin: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2021
plaindealer:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13379771_bb_jpeg4ef006bd67084eb2081d4a21b69e6445

How many cars or do you see on that beautiful road? Do you see cars and heavy traffic pilled up to justify N35 Billon rubbish flyover?

What you know or don't know about flyovers doesn't mean you must erect flyovers everywhere without accessing the need and the traffic situation in the first place.

This is public administration 101.

Rubbish interchange giving heart pains grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stabilise Naira, Stop Blame Game On Emefiele, Ohanaeze Youths Tackle Cardoso / Delta Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa Votes (Photos) / Atiku: The Most Pertinent Tribute To Heroes Of Democracy Is To Kick Out APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.