Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway (17466 Views)

Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded / Lagos Dismantles Illegal Slaughter Slab, Arrests 10 Butchers In Alimosho / Pictures Of The Damaged Lagos-Badagry Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by cardoctor(m): 6:13am On Apr 11, 2021
They will definitely be back by next week.
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by MemoriesAndMe: 6:37am On Apr 11, 2021
COdeGenesis:
Road block they help reduce robbery o. Do these guys use data to make informed decisions or they just wake up n take decisions based on their inner guts. Road blocks has its disadvantage but before you dismantle it you should do an analysis on CRIME RATES based when there were no road blocks to when there were road blocks using historical logs
You are right, road blocks have their advantages and disadvantages, but when these police officers make it an opportunity to extort motorists, its a shame.

Thats an international road, imagine foreigners coming into Nigeria through the roads and they are being harassed and extorted by Nigerian police as if they don't have police in their own countries, that does not portray a good image for the country. Neighboring countries have crimes too, why don't they have roadblocks everywhere? If these police at the road blocks see real criminals with good weapons, they will just run away, its only harass. motorists they like to harrass.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by fasho01(m): 6:41am On Apr 11, 2021
Initial gragra.. They'll still be back. Police and illegal road blocks are 5&6
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Carstuff(m): 6:43am On Apr 11, 2021
What about Ijebu-Ode - Ore - Benin expressway? That road has check point every 1km. Its a nightmare travelling on that road
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by COdeGenesis: 6:44am On Apr 11, 2021
MemoriesAndMe:

You are right, road blocks have their advantages and disadvantages, but when these police officers make it an opportunity to extort motorists, its a shame.

Thats an international road, imagine foreigners coming into Nigeria through the roads and they are being harassed and extorted by Nigerian police as if they don't have police in their own countries, that does not portray a good image for the country. Neighboring countries have crimes too, why don't they have roadblocks everywhere? If these police at the road blocks see real criminals with good weapons, they will just run away, its only harass. motorists they like to harrass.

I am not justifying our Police officer's nefarious acts. But which will you prefer between an encounter with Dare-Devil Armed Robbers or Police officers at a check point? You should also note that arms are freely moving these days. So many criminal elements will take advantage of the situation to torment and deal with travelers

1 Like

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Polyglot7pointO: 7:10am On Apr 11, 2021
tit:

But the legal roadblocks can stay, kwoo?
yowa
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Chirowman(m): 7:14am On Apr 11, 2021
Good of him
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by OlujobaSamuel: 7:21am On Apr 11, 2021
COdeGenesis:
Road block they help reduce robbery o. Do these guys use data to make informed decisions or they just wake up n take decisions based on their inner guts. Road blocks has its disadvantage but before you dismantle it you should do an analysis on CRIME RATES based when there were no road blocks to when there were road blocks using historical logs
With the roadblocks, there is still robbery on that road, police abandon those checkpoints whenever a robbery is taking place.
How many roadblocks have you seen on Lagos Ibadan expway, yet we don't hear robbery case from the route.

2 Likes

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Odiriance4all(m): 7:22am On Apr 11, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
Oga CP dismantle ALL road blocks in Southern Nigeria

Meanwhile please If you are a police, army, civil defence please REPLY ME, If possible create a fake account and reply this message I want to ask something really important, especially if you have worked in Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria do they tell you guys to act differently? Do you have separate Orientation for the different regions?

Because

In all my years of living in the north and even middle belt regions from Kano, Jigawa, Kaduna, Abuja etc I have never met road blocks even inter state road blocks the way we have road blocks in the south, I promise you, you won't even know when you have left Abuja and you are in Nassarawa or Kaduna except you see a signboard, you don't know when you have left Jigawa and entered Kano but in the south you know you are crossing to another TOWN not STATE oh when you see about 3 check points on a one meter road with tires and a bench and that locally made burner lantern stuff made of milk tin used to light the check point. Northerners who have lived all their lives in the north won't understand all what I just described.

In the midst of the Corona craze you could still drive and cross borders in Northern Nigeria, but in the south another story.

And it surprises me because due to boko haram, herds men, bandits, insurgency, etc one would expect the north to have the most road blocks more army and police presence.

But no, South south and south east have the most, the state with the Most is Rivers state, if you are entering rivers from that Oyigbo or omoku or eleme area you will pass over 14 road blocks and if you are a commercial motorists you will have to settle all of them, I'd you are riding a motorcycle you will come down your passenger will come down and you will push your bike through the check point while your passengers walk behind you, but in Northern Nigeria this does not happen, I remember driving through large states like Kano, (Kano is bigger than almost all of not all of the south east states) yet not one stop and search or police check point and there has been attacks in Kano In 2019 I remember boko attacked Kano and killed atleast 25 in 2020 there were also several attacks but the last militancy attack in South south Nigeria happened in the 2009's yet we have these measures till today.

Back to my journey from Jigawa, gumel, ringim, to Kano bebeji, to Zaria, to Abuja This journey is longer than driving through the south south and south east from Warri to Enugu to port harcourt to uyo yet I didn't see ONE police Checkpoint or one stop and search, so Simple things like these are why certain sections of the country feel attacked, feel cheated out of this Alleged One Nigeria, we are not all treated equally at all. It is not even as if Rivers state shares border with any country

Then there are other little things like plate numbers, tinted glass permit, fire extinguisher etc in the south Lagos, Port Harcourt etc if you don't have these prepare to settle, in the north it is very normal for vehicles especially motor cycles to not have plate numbers to not be registered at all, it is common to see hundreds of tinted cars and not even one has tinted permit, Yet our one Nigeria police, road safety, civil defence, army etc all operate different laws in Northern Nigeria than they operate in Southern Nigeria

While I was in Jigawa and Ogun especially Jigawa during market days the borders are flung open herdsmen, sheep sellers etc from Niger enter freely without stop and search and all those B.s you see when entring PH from ABA

And I ask myself is it that PH and Aba border is more insecure, posses more treat to Nigeria than Niger and Nigeria border in Jigawa or Nigeria and Benin border in Ogun and elsewhere. I'm puzzled. Someone explain to me why this is so. I wanted to film the checkpoints but you know the kind of country we are in. Police brutality and army brutality is real.

I also noticed that when I fly at the northern airports I greet armed military men wearing Black and black dressed like a normal young boy and they responded very well they even bowed down and where hailing me, I was shocked this has happened more than 3 occasions.
But in the south, immediately I entered pH airport despite the plate number I was driving, despite wearing Native wear, despite telling them who I am these SARS and police were still eager to give me problems to make sure I settle them by force, I had to talk to their boss and even put some high profile call through. It's the same for army, road safety etc. in the south ARMY will NEVER smile with you, joke with you etc except you know them personally so I'm wondering is it the same orientation.

Please feel free to reply, No judgement nothing I just want to know.

Nepa too during my stay in Abuja I called Nepa officials and they came immediately on several occasions, the first time I didn't have cash on me to settle them for a work they were to do for me, so they said no p call us in the evening or anytime you get the money and we will come I said no, because I didn't believe they would come back (that's how they are in the south) so do it now I'll transfer to you and you can withdraw whenever or use cash from your hand, or fix it and come tomorrow I'll pay you, I'm not running this is my house, they laughed and said oga no worry when you call us for evening we go come dear friends I went to ATM got the cash came back around 7 or 8 called these guys they came fixed it for me collected cash. This would NEVER HAPPEN IN My section of the south.

I have many many other experiences like drugs for example young, I mean very young boys, pre teen boys buy and smoke drugs not shisha, not cigar or cigarettes, I mean Igbo, loud, S.K, and hard drugs, narcos etc, in broad day light, shops sell these in plates in the open, they sell it the way you'd sell grounded/blended Cray fish, dry pepper etc in the south, when I saw these at first I was scared I didn't know why exactly, but after a while, after seeing police officer buying and even seeing some boys smoke on the road as they went about their daily activities I became used to it, so help explain to me WHY THIS IS SO?

I have more but this is already too long.

I believe if we can understand why, it will help us know why the north does not seem to be on the same page with the south on little things such as #endsars and other protests because these are not things that affect them, it's almost as if we are two different countries, for me atleast it felt that way the culture shock was too much.

No alcohol but you can smoke whatever whenever

No touching or handshakes with women but you can marry 4

I can go on and on but I'll stop here and hope someone answers me

But you get time o, to write this long epistle for people who don't give a Bleep

1 Like

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by iamimohtal(m): 7:22am On Apr 11, 2021
COdeGenesis:
Ok
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by ToneroInc: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Meanwhile please If you are a police, army, civil defence please REPLY ME, If possible create a fake account and reply this message I want to ask something really important, especially if you have worked in Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria do they tell you guys to act differently? Do you have separate Orientation for the different regions?

Because

In all my years of living in the north and even middle belt regions from Kano, Jigawa, Kaduna, Abuja etc I have never met road blocks even inter state road blocks the way we have road blocks in the south, I promise you, you won't even know when you have left Abuja and you are in Nassarawa or Kaduna except you see a signboard, you don't know when you have left Jigawa and entered Kano but in the south you know you are crossing to another TOWN not STATE oh when you see about 3 check points on a one meter road with tires and a bench and that locally made burner lantern stuff made of milk tin used to light the check point. Northerners who have lived all their lives in the north won't understand all what I just described.

In the midst of the Corona craze you could still drive and cross borders in Northern Nigeria, but in the south another story.

And it surprises me because due to boko haram, herds men, bandits, insurgency, etc one would expect the north to have the most road blocks more army and police presence.

But no, South south and south east have the most, the state with the Most is Rivers state, if you are entering rivers from that Oyigbo or omoku or eleme area you will pass over 14 road blocks and if you are a commercial motorists you will have to settle all of them, I'd you are riding a motorcycle you will come down your passenger will come down and you will push your bike through the check point while your passengers walk behind you, but in Northern Nigeria this does not happen, I remember driving through large states like Kano, (Kano is bigger than almost all of not all of the south east states) yet not one stop and search or police check point and there has been attacks in Kano In 2019 I remember boko attacked Kano and killed atleast 25 in 2020 there were also several attacks but the last militancy attack in South south Nigeria happened in the 2009's yet we have these measures till today.

Back to my journey from Jigawa, gumel, ringim, to Kano bebeji, to Zaria, to Abuja This journey is longer than driving through the south south and south east from Warri to Enugu to port harcourt to uyo yet I didn't see ONE police Checkpoint or one stop and search, so Simple things like these are why certain sections of the country feel attacked, feel cheated out of this Alleged One Nigeria, we are not all treated equally at all. It is not even as if Rivers state shares border with any country

Then there are other little things like plate numbers, tinted glass permit, fire extinguisher etc in the south Lagos, Port Harcourt etc if you don't have these prepare to settle, in the north it is very normal for vehicles especially motor cycles to not have plate numbers to not be registered at all, it is common to see hundreds of tinted cars and not even one has tinted permit, Yet our one Nigeria police, road safety, civil defence, army etc all operate different laws in Northern Nigeria than they operate in Southern Nigeria

While I was in Jigawa and Ogun especially Jigawa during market days the borders are flung open herdsmen, sheep sellers etc from Niger enter freely without stop and search and all those B.s you see when entring PH from ABA

And I ask myself is it that PH and Aba border is more insecure, posses more treat to Nigeria than Niger and Nigeria border in Jigawa or Nigeria and Benin border in Ogun and elsewhere. I'm puzzled. Someone explain to me why this is so. I wanted to film the checkpoints but you know the kind of country we are in. Police brutality and army brutality is real.

I also noticed that when I fly at the northern airports I greet armed military men wearing Black and black dressed like a normal young boy and they responded very well they even bowed down and where hailing me, I was shocked this has happened more than 3 occasions.
But in the south, immediately I entered pH airport despite the plate number I was driving, despite wearing Native wear, despite telling them who I am these SARS and police were still eager to give me problems to make sure I settle them by force, I had to talk to their boss and even put some high profile call through. It's the same for army, road safety etc. in the south ARMY will NEVER smile with you, joke with you etc except you know them personally so I'm wondering is it the same orientation.

Nepa too during my stay in Abuja I called Nepa officials and they came immediately on several occasions, the first time I didn't have cash on me to settle them for a work they were to do for me, so they said no p call us in the evening or anytime you get the money and we will come I said no, because I didn't believe they would come back (that's how they are in the south) so do it now I'll transfer to you and you can withdraw whenever or use cash from your hand, or fix it and come tomorrow I'll pay you, I'm not running this is my house, they laughed and said oga no worry when you call us for evening we go come dear friends I went to ATM got the cash came back around 7 or 8 called these guys they came fixed it for me collected cash. This would NEVER HAPPEN IN My section of the south.

I have many many other experiences like drugs for example young, I mean very young boys, pre teen boys buy and smoke drugs not shisha, not cigar or cigarettes, I mean Igbo, loud, S.K, and hard drugs, narcos etc, in broad day light, shops sell these in plates in the open, they sell it the way you'd sell grounded/blended Cray fish, dry pepper etc in the south, when I saw these at first I was scared I didn't know why exactly, but after a while, after seeing police officer buying and even seeing some boys smoke on the road as they went about their daily activities I became used to it, so help explain to me WHY THIS IS SO?

I believe if we can understand why, it will help us know why the north does not seem to be on the same page with the south on little things such as #endsars and other protests because these are not things that affect them, it's almost as if we are two different countries, for me atleast it felt that way the culture shock was too much.

Going through this write up, my body went cold. I’ve been to 2O states out of the 36 states of Nigeria; so I have a clear mental picture of what you’re painting bro.

This write up will have more effect as a topic; not a response to a topic. So, I suggest you edit and repost as a topic.

I spent 6 months in Maiduguri. That place is the safest place in Nigeria, as long as you don’t go near the villages and LGs. In Maiduguri no roadblocks/checkpoints, no FRSC, no VIO, the soldiers there are the most friendly, the courts are for affidavit and change of names (names correction). The civil servants rarely go to work, internet fraudsters could live there for years without fear of harassment... the list goes on and on.

Bro, just create a topic for this obvious inequality; maybe it will get to right place at the right time and provide the desired changes.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by MemoriesAndMe: 7:47am On Apr 11, 2021
COdeGenesis:

I am not justifying our Police officer's nefarious acts. But which will you prefer between an encounter with Dare-Devil Armed Robbers or Police officers at a check point? You should also note that arms are freely moving these days. So many criminal elements will take advantage of the situation to torment and deal with travelers
Don't forget the CP says they should rather be in mobile units, implying they are not barred from the roads. They can be in their patrol vehicles
conducting surveillance on the highway, which is more effective than blocking everyone from moving in the name of stopping crime.

Thats what all developed countries do. In the US, u can't travel through all 50 states by road without a single roadblock. That doesn't mean the police aren't on the roads, they are at strategic places and communicate in case there is a crime. They simply don't stop everyone from moving and start extorting innocent people. That to me is a sane way of policing.

1 Like

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by jacoik(m): 8:04am On Apr 11, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
They left a region that needs road block like kilode, a region that some group of armed men could abduct hundred's of students with ordinary motorcycle and be mounting road blocks on the roads of region that is very calm and peaceful.
honestly bro na that one dey pain me pass
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by AustinTexas018(m): 8:10am On Apr 11, 2021
iwaeda:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/cp-dismantles-road-blocks-on-lagos-badagry-expressway/amp/

[color=#000099][/color]

Badagry my Abode... Nagode CP cool
But CP cultist(7) em don start dere wahala again do something bout it sire... Fcktards no# 7
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Pascals09(m): 8:18am On Apr 11, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Because

Make this as a topic please

2 Likes

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by jacoik(m): 8:22am On Apr 11, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Because

you asked question and still answer it yourself. you said maybe we are two different countries. that's exactly what is it bro. not until this country is divided, there will never be any developments. if I tell you my experience in the north then you will know that we are never meant to be one
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by jacoik(m): 8:25am On Apr 11, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Because

with what you just analyzed here, believe you me that no one will want to comment on what you just said but when it comes to iPod, ESN and amotekun, some children of many fathers will want to ejaculate on it

1 Like

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Nnannapat(m): 9:08am On Apr 11, 2021
COdeGenesis:
Oga which road block helps to reduce robbery cases? It is either you are a policeman or your father is, if not, you must be one of those men that the police men on road blocks are using to collect "roja".
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by IgboWarlord(m): 9:13am On Apr 11, 2021
What about the millions of illegal roadblocks down here in the SS/SE?
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Ikwerelastborn: 9:18am On Apr 11, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Because

Nice observation, I'm from Rivers and all you stated are so on point.please permit me to copy it and make a topic ,thanks

2 Likes

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Nnannapat(m): 9:34am On Apr 11, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Because

This is one of the main reasons that made me to support restructuring or total disintegration of this Nation.
When I was in Kano, I bought one Toyota corolla 05 model, I drove it around for good six months fitted with a Gombe state unregisterd number plate that the car dealer gave me, I even went as far as visiting my wife at school then at Unimaid on several occasions from Kano, no one stopped nor asked me for car papers for those six months.
But when I came down south, I was driving from Onitsha to Aba, just for the fact that I forgot my wallet that contains the drivers licence at home, I was stopped at 3 road blocks and had to part with 500 naira on each, when I realised that I have about 15 more road blocks to go, I parked by the roadside and boarded a bus back home to get the wallet.

Nigeria can never be one.

5 Likes

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 11, 2021
road blocks on a dilapidated road,
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 11, 2021
road blocks is just for drivers to show love
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Acidiously: 10:05am On Apr 11, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Because

Simplyleo

All you BMCs, respond to this

2 Likes

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by ojesymsym: 10:06am On Apr 11, 2021
I think those road blocks are mounted by Southerner, southerners are their own worse enemies.

DuBLINGreenb:

Because

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:35am On Apr 11, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Nice observation, I'm from Rivers and all you stated are so on point.please permit me to copy it and make a topic ,thanks

Feel free permission granted
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by NigeriaIsZOO: 10:40am On Apr 11, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Because

Please create a thread on this. What a shocking eye-opener shocked shocked shocked
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:56am On Apr 11, 2021
Nnannapat:
This is one of the main reasons that made me to support restructuring or total disintegration of this Nation.
When I was in Kano, I bought one Toyota corolla 05 model, I drove it around for good six months fitted with a Gombe state unregisterd number plate that the car dealer gave me, I even went as far as visiting my wife at school then at Unimaid on several occasions from Kano, no one stopped nor asked me for car papers for those six months.
But when I came down south, I was driving from Onitsha to Aba, just for the fact that I forgot my wallet that contains the drivers licence at home, I was stopped at 3 road blocks and had to part with 500 naira on each, when I realised that I have about 15 more road blocks to go, I parked by the roadside and boarded a bus back home to get the wallet.

Nigeria can never be one.

Lol, I sympathize with you but you are not alone many have the same experience even here on Nairaland I'm sure.
This extortion by security agencies is part of the reasons goods are more expensive down south. Meanwhile up north and in our neighboring countries cars are cheaper than in southern Nigeria because of that singular reason.
That's why people go to Cotonou to by cars themselves and sometimes even hire police officer or army to escort the vehicle just to reduce the amount spent on extortion on the road.
Drivers license, learner's permit etc are not things anyone asks for up north.
I remember seeing a group of people learning to drive a bus and the road safety guys said go to that side and learn don't use your car to block road.
The bus had no L sign to indicate learner, the bus had no plate number, the teacher wasn't even a licensed driver just maybe a family friend, colleague or neighbor
And the road safety guys didn't bother to arrest them or ask for any paperwork at all.

Nigeria is really different countries man, when it comes to how government operates and functions in the different regions.
In Jigawa work, government work especially started at 9 or 10 by 7 the roads are empty by 6 people are still sleeping
In Lagos 4am people are heading to work. By 5 all the roads are jam packed.
Life in the north is just much simpler and less complicated.

It's almost as if everybody posted to the south are here to make money, extort people and all that, in the north police don't jump into private vehicles the way they do down south (this used to be a really popular topic by comedians some years back but in the north they can't relate to it).
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by NigeriaIsZOO: 10:58am On Apr 11, 2021
ojesymsym:
[s]I think those road blocks are mounted by Southerner, southerners are their own worse enemies.[/s]

Rubbish, this is what you can say after reading this shocking revelation? In your self hating attitude, you have blamed Southerners as the enemies causing it instead of blaming the real enemies who treat others as slave. In most Southern states, the commissioners of police are from the North, same with army and other government agencies.

It was also Southerners that closed borders in the South while the one in the North was left open?

It is Southerners that sent soldiers to mount roadblocks on our highways too abi?

It is also Southerners that caused why almost all relevant posts and appointments are given to Northerners?

It is your type that are truly enemies of the South and many of you with such self defeating mentality are from the SW. Shame on you!!

1 Like

Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Nnannapat(m): 11:03am On Apr 11, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Lol, I sympathize with you but you are not alone many have the same experience even here on Nairaland I'm sure.
This extortion by security agencies is part of the reasons goods are more expensive down south. Meanwhile up north and in our neighboring countries cars are cheaper than in southern Nigeria because of that singular reason.
That's why people go to Cotonou to by cars themselves and sometimes even hire police officer or army to escort the vehicle just to reduce the amount spent on extortion on the road.
Drivers license, learner's permit etc are not things anyone asks for up north.
I remember seeing a group of people learning to drive a bus and the road safety guys said go to that side and learn don't use your car to block road.
The bus had no L sign to indicate learner, the bus had no plate number, the teacher wasn't even a licensed driver just maybe a family friend, colleague or neighbor
And the road safety guys didn't bother to arrest them or ask for any paperwork at all.

Nigeria is really different countries man, when it comes to how government operates and functions in the different regions.
In Jigawa work, government work especially started at 9 or 10 by 7 the roads are empty by 6 people are still sleeping
In Lagos 4am people are heading to work. By 5 all the roads are jam packed.
Life in the north is just much simpler and less complicated.

It's almost as if everybody posted to the south are here to make money, extort people and all that, in the north police don't jump into private vehicles the way they do down south (this used to be a really popular topic by comedians some years back but in the north they can't relate to it).
Yes, I don't think this country can work with that mindset. That is why most South Easterners wants Biafra, this country's future looks gloomy if nothing will be be done to address all these abnormalities.
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Comedian2019: 11:07am On Apr 11, 2021
CP dismantled revenue (roger) collection points? grin
Issokay
Re: CP Dismantles Road Blocks On Lagos-badagry Expressway by Charles4000(m): 11:27am On Apr 11, 2021
iwaeda:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/cp-dismantles-road-blocks-on-lagos-badagry-expressway/amp/
yes... lately they started another road block.... Nah small small e they start.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Donates ₦50 Million To Victims Of Zamfara Attacks / Doyin Okupe Won't Go to Prison - Lawyer / #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 328
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.