Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan (850 Views)

Melaye, Ortom Clash At PDP Meeting Over Ex-Gov's Support For Tinubu (Video) / Isaac Nkole Kicks As Kalu Hosts National Exco, Fuels Defection Rumour / Dino Melaye Joins Atiku & PDP Governors At PDP Meeting In Abuja (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by kahal29: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2021
Barring any last minute change, the Cross River State Governor, Sen. Prof. Ben Ayade appears set to dump the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC).

GRASSROOT REPORTERS gathered that efforts to reconcile the governor and some National Assembly members from the state and the Rivers State Governor, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike has hit a brickwall, as all warring parties has refused to shift ground.

Multiple sources told GRASSROOT REPORTERS that the rally organized on Thursday for the governor by the 18 local government chairmen and their councillors as well as all the governor's appointees was to assure the governor that they were ready to defect with him should he decide to jump ship, and to send a message to the PDP that the governor is in control in the 18 LGAs.

The governor had lost control of the party structure to the National Assembly members. This did not go down well with the governor and his loyalists. The governor's camp had inaugurated a parallel Ward and Chapter executive, which the National Working Committee (NWC) of the PDP immediately discredited, recognizing the National Assembly members backed Exco.

While receiving the Governor of Bauchi State, Sen. Bala Mohammed in Government House, Calabar, last month, Governor Ayade threatened to leave the PDP if the injustice meted to him is not corrected.

He said: “I cannot blind myself to the challenges of PDP and decide not to know what to do at the right time for the Cross River people sake.

“I know you (Bala) are somebody that doesn’t take injustice. One single injustice they will see a new Cross River state.”

The governor threatened that one single injustice against him and his followers, he'll take a big decision “... and I say it as a warning because it does appears that your party seems to celebrate people who threaten and stress them.”

“All councillors in the state are PDP, council chairmen are PDP, all House of Assembly members are PDP, all commissioners are PDP, and all the National Assembly members except one are PDP: all of them are under my leadership”.

“So today I am seated and dancing on the fence. Indeed that’s true.

“And so I speak with righteous anger for the continuous annoyance and nuisance orchestrated on our innocent by external factors. But I just hope this ends today

“While I believe in ecclesiastics of peace, I believe in the catechism of good faith but I also believe in respect for the supremacy of an office.

“So if you take a catalytic combination of all I have said, it tells you that there is the need for a guided caution and at some persons going forward as a people, as a party.

“I think the time has come when all of us will gather and say enough is enough.”

Ayade, Deputy Absent At PDP Governors' Meeting

The governor's absence yesterday at the meeting of the PDP governors in Makurdi, Benue State, has further fuelled his defection moves.

The PDP governors rose from the meeting to demand the devolution of power and restructuring of the country.

The meeting had in attendance, the PDP Governors of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia), Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom), Douye Diri (Bayelsa), Samuel Ortom (Benue), Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta), Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu), Nyesom Wike (Rivers), Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Darius Ishaku (Taraba), Umaru Fintiri (Adamawa), Godwin Obaseki (Edo) and Bello Mattawalle (Zamfara).

Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State was represented by his deputy, Baba Tela.

The Cross River State governor was the only PDP governor missing at the meeting. He was neither represented by his deputy, Prof. Ivara Esu.

When GRASSROOT REPORTERS contacted the Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the governor, Mr. Christian Ita for comment, he said:

"Was he the only governor that was absent? Go and ask Wike (Rivers State governor) why he was absent. It is only when it is Ayade that you put a spin to it. I asked a simple question, was he the only governor that was absent? No!

"So what's the big deal about it. The one they did the last time, didn't he attend in Abuja? He did. So if exigencies of office did not allow him to attend this time around, I don't think we should give any spin to it".

On moves by the governor to defect to the APC, Mr. Ita said:

" Are you hearing about that one today? They've been saying he'll defect since 2015, has he defected? We've responded to this overtime and we are tired of responding".

https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2021/04/governor-ayades-absence-at-pdp-meeting.html?m=1
Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by BluDesk: 8:36am On Apr 11, 2021
Ayoade can go anywhere he wants. He should let us heard word.
Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by Sharingiscaring: 8:41am On Apr 11, 2021
They are all A.B.F. politicians. If you get money before and the money come finish, na so all your friends go find one sweet accusation to use japa from you. It's called oloshoism. Men are unfair when they accuse only women of oloshoistic attitudes. Oloshoism is what PDP is suffering from. Never trust anyone who leaves you in challenging times.

Meanwhile, I didn't even know that Ayade is an Obahigbonist!!!

And so I speak with righteous anger for the continuous annoyance and nuisance orchestrated on our innocent by external factors. But I just hope this ends today

“While I believe in ecclesiastics of peace, I believe in the catechism of good faith but I also believe in respect for the supremacy of an office.

“So if you take a catalytic combination of all I have said, it tells you that there is the need for a guided caution and at some persons going forward as a people, as a party.

They will always have well-phrased reason to leave once the going gets tough.
Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by Elonmuskfan: 8:56am On Apr 11, 2021
Everybody just dey leave wike party
Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by techmo(m): 9:06am On Apr 11, 2021
Can't they kick secondus ass out of the party.. one party system isn't good
Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by yinkus6750(m): 9:17am On Apr 11, 2021
Irrespective of party, what is his scorecard as a governor?
That's what matters most.
Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by Penguin2: 9:35am On Apr 11, 2021
Wike is fighting Atiku.

Wike is fighting with Peter Obi.

Wike is fighting Secondus.

Wike is fighting PDP NWC.

Wike is fighting with Seriake Dickson.

Wike is fighting with Ben Ayade.

Wike fought with Umahi until he defected.

Wike is fighting with IPOB.

Wike is fighting with ESN.

Wike is fighting with Ndigbo and has declared himself non-Igbo.

Many others I can’t mention.

Why always Wike?

”Be careful of that man you constantly separate fight between him and others; even if he’s seldom right.”
Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by tompat86(m): 9:48am On Apr 11, 2021
This is serious
Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by iokpebholo: 10:04am On Apr 11, 2021
Funny part is that ayade even as a sitting governor is a paperweight politician....Imoke will win him hands down any time any day
Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by garfield1: 10:08am On Apr 11, 2021
iokpebholo:
Funny part is that ayade even as a sitting governor is a paperweight politician....Imoke will win him hands down any time any day

Win him where? Is he contesting with imoke
Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by Asgard13: 10:41am On Apr 11, 2021
But they said Makinde is already in Apc .. grin

Today is Ayade already in Apc grin

Yoruba media no Dey tire with this propaganda?

Mattawale I guess is already leading Apc after visiting Tinubu ba?

Useless news...

One even said ganduje took Makinde to Buhari grin and he’s already in Apc but spirit in pdp grin

Yoruba media

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by Asgard13: 10:44am On Apr 11, 2021
iokpebholo:

No mind people wey go Dey ogbomosho Dey propagate fake and silly news

1 Like

Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by SoiSoi13(f): 1:03pm On Apr 11, 2021
kahal29:
Barring any last minute change, the Cross River State Governor, Sen. Prof. Ben Ayade appears set to dump the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Congress (APC).

GRASSROOT REPORTERS gathered that efforts to reconcile the governor and some National Assembly members from the state and the Rivers State Governor, Ezenwo Nyesom Wike has hit a brickwall, as all warring parties has refused to shift ground.

Multiple sources told GRASSROOT REPORTERS that the rally organized on Thursday for the governor by the 18 local government chairmen and their councillors as well as all the governor's appointees was to assure the governor that they were ready to defect with him should he decide to jump ship, and to send a message to the PDP that the governor is in control in the 18 LGAs.

The governor had lost control of the party structure to the National Assembly members. This did not go down well with the governor and his loyalists. The governor's camp had inaugurated a parallel Ward and Chapter executive, which the National Working Committee (NWC) of the PDP immediately discredited, recognizing the National Assembly members backed Exco.

While receiving the Governor of Bauchi State, Sen. Bala Mohammed in Government House, Calabar, last month, Governor Ayade threatened to leave the PDP if the injustice meted to him is not corrected.

He said: “I cannot blind myself to the challenges of PDP and decide not to know what to do at the right time for the Cross River people sake.

“I know you (Bala) are somebody that doesn’t take injustice. One single injustice they will see a new Cross River state.”

The governor threatened that one single injustice against him and his followers, he'll take a big decision “... and I say it as a warning because it does appears that your party seems to celebrate people who threaten and stress them.”

“All councillors in the state are PDP, council chairmen are PDP, all House of Assembly members are PDP, all commissioners are PDP, and all the National Assembly members except one are PDP: all of them are under my leadership”.

“So today I am seated and dancing on the fence. Indeed that’s true.

“And so I speak with righteous anger for the continuous annoyance and nuisance orchestrated on our innocent by external factors. But I just hope this ends today

“I think the time has come when all of us will gather and say enough is enough.”

Ayade, Deputy Absent At PDP Governors' Meeting

The governor's absence yesterday at the meeting of the PDP governors in Makurdi, Benue State, has further fuelled his defection moves.

The PDP governors rose from the meeting to demand the devolution of power and restructuring of the country.

The meeting had in attendance, the PDP Governors of Sokoto State, Aminu Tambuwal, Okezie Ikpeazu (Abia), Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom), Douye Diri (Bayelsa), Samuel Ortom (Benue), Ifeanyi Okowa (Delta), Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Enugu), Nyesom Wike (Rivers), Seyi Makinde (Oyo), Darius Ishaku (Taraba), Umaru Fintiri (Adamawa), Godwin Obaseki (Edo) and Bello Mattawalle (Zamfara).

Governor Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State was represented by his deputy, Baba Tela.

The Cross River State governor was the only PDP governor missing at the meeting. He was neither represented by his deputy, Prof. Ivara Esu.

When GRASSROOT REPORTERS contacted the Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the governor, Mr. Christian Ita for comment, he said:

"Was he the only governor that was absent? Go and ask Wike (Rivers State governor) why he was absent. It is only when it is Ayade that you put a spin to it. I asked a simple question, was he the only governor that was absent? No!

"So what's the big deal about it. The one they did the last time, didn't he attend in Abuja? He did. So if exigencies of office did not allow him to attend this time around, I don't think we should give any spin to it".

On moves by the governor to defect to the APC, Mr. Ita said:

" Are you hearing about that one today? They've been saying he'll defect since 2015, has he defected? We've responded to this overtime and we are tired of responding".

https://www.grassrootreportersng.com/2021/04/governor-ayades-absence-at-pdp-meeting.html?m=1

Let them go , Kwara state governor did the same, he is back now with out any power, who loss?
Re: Governor Ayade's Absence At PDP Meeting Fuels Defection Plan by SoiSoi13(f): 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
Everybody just dey leave wike party

Only the weak are leaving

(1) (Reply)

Ambode Never Funded The Blue Rail Line – Sanwo-olu / An Extraction From Nnamdi Kanu Broadcast (6th June) / Thought Provoking; As The Dean Of South East Cautions His Igbo Brothers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.