Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,517 members, 7,770,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:10 AM

Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project (11701 Views)

Kano Elders Ask Court To Hasten The Exit Of The South-East From Nigeria - SR / Amaechi Urges Youths To Vote In Buhari For Brighter Future / Osinbajo Directs Julius Berger To Hasten Work On Ijora Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by ogododo: 9:40am On Apr 11, 2021
Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has urged the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) to speed up work on the Lagos-Ibadan rail line project.

Amaechi, who said this on Saturday while inspecting the project in Lagos, added that the company had given a commitment towards finishing it by end of April.

He said: “Most of the things remaining are minor and it cannot delay the movement of goods. They have promised to finish by the end of the month. I believe them but I want them to reiterate that.”

He said that though the company had shown commitment to the project, much still needed to be done to achieve the target date of completion.

“When we start the Ibadan-Kano rail, it will be a different ball game and we will ensure they keep to plan.

“For Ibadan to Kano, everybody must go according to work plan both in terms of payment, construction, inspection and everything.”

The minister said the current pace of work may delay inauguration of the project which was slated for April.

“If you look at the level of work we cannot ask the president to commission this, but ones we give CCECC definite time I know they will speed up.

“There are some minor things they still need to put in place but it’s taking them time to do that. Some of those things should not take more than a day or two to put in place; so am not so worried.

On the Ibadan–Kano project, the minister explained that it was dependent on disbursement of loan by the China EximBank.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/amaechi-urges-contractors-to-hasten-lagos-ibadan-rail-project/

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by ogododo: 9:41am On Apr 11, 2021
I no understand ooo, something that has been officially completed and commissioned.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by Penguin2: 9:42am On Apr 11, 2021
ogododo:
I no understand ooo, something that has been officially completed and commissioned.

My brother I tire o!

Shey we were here when Buhari media cows and Tinubu online urchins were trending #BuhariTrains. Even though we know GEJ paid for these projects but that’s story for another day.

One emerging danger to truth and public opinion is the advent “influencers” who can be hired for a fee to popularize even a lie.

So these idiots trended an incomplete project?

They will never die well.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by MANDIPUTIN: 9:54am On Apr 11, 2021
This is what we want to hear from Amaech. Not going about begging the Republic of Niger for Nigeria to help them build railway. Niger is a landlocked country and they need us more than we need them..
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by Earlystar698(m): 9:55am On Apr 11, 2021
Chinese product don't last, unless they do it in their country...

Someone should snap the rail line in the next five years let's see cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 11, 2021
Hurry up
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by Bampeh: 9:56am On Apr 11, 2021
No need to put CCECC in haste if they will deliver a quality project. We are talking about a railway that will transport lives and not stones.

bampeh want quality projects

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by winterfell007(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2021
How many times will they complete the project. Since GEJ era. Nawa oo!!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by jullary(m): 9:56am On Apr 11, 2021
welcome to Nigeria ��� only if u understand!
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by AmazingELixir: 9:57am On Apr 11, 2021
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Nonsense man.

After building double track of standard guage from Afonja land to Abok.i land the mofo came back to his home state to rehabilitate an outdated narrow guage with just a single track leading to Borno state the hot bed of insurgency...and somebody will tell me this man is not a prodigal son.

Meanwhile his mate the so called super minister BRF is always in Lagos carrying out federal projects...but he will rather send his urchins to be disturbing his state.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by athaboi(f): 9:57am On Apr 11, 2021
Amaechi
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by IgboWarlord(m): 9:58am On Apr 11, 2021
No be here i see sey they don commision this thing?I'm confused right now..Wah gwan?? undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 11, 2021
what are they hastening, I thought they have completed it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by Amaechi2023(m): 9:58am On Apr 11, 2021
Amaechi.
one of the few result oriented and proactive men we have in Nigeria.
the likes of Amaechi and el-rufai are two separate individuals who can grind out results by all means.
their past records and current records had slot of positives to take from..

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by KingLennon(m): 9:59am On Apr 11, 2021
Criminals....all of them. When countries are using high-speed rail
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by aspabay(m): 9:59am On Apr 11, 2021
God bless Amaechi
God bless President Buhari
Gid bless APC
God bless Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by ictjobber: 10:00am On Apr 11, 2021
Yawn
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by aspabay(m): 10:00am On Apr 11, 2021
No government will progress without quality investment in infrastructure.
Buhari is right on course.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by aremuforlife(m): 10:00am On Apr 11, 2021
There are lots of bad belly people on this platform

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by salbis(m): 10:00am On Apr 11, 2021
One good thing with this administration is, the more you look the less you see.
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by Lovethaa: 10:00am On Apr 11, 2021
Hasten hasten.. then they would do a bad job and when accident happens they will blame the driver
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by Olukat(m): 10:01am On Apr 11, 2021
Minister for Railways well done.
6yrs down and there's no Transportation policy,
leaving Nigerians in hands of MC and Kabaka NURTW shocked shocked
Shouting railway up and down!
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by Drsnives(m): 10:01am On Apr 11, 2021
I foresee him going to meet him for his kickback after that statement

This I have seen
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by Kingpele(m): 10:04am On Apr 11, 2021
Good move
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by extol1(m): 10:04am On Apr 11, 2021
how many time will they complete this project
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by aspabay(m): 10:04am On Apr 11, 2021
salbis:
One good thing with this administration is, the more you look the less you see.

This is so true bro, very true for the hateful blinds.
Those who never see anything good.
May their 'blind' eye continue to see only bad news.

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by Kingpele(m): 10:05am On Apr 11, 2021
Please I know that our president is a not doing well but let us not wail today,as God rested after he created the universe ,let us rest from wailing today cos of our health please wailers association take note.but I don't know why buhari went to London just to rest as if he was working before ,I don't know
Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by aspabay(m): 10:05am On Apr 11, 2021
KingLennon:
Criminals....all of them. When countries are using high-speed rail

You never begin crawl, you want to fly. Nonentity pessimist

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by aspabay(m): 10:06am On Apr 11, 2021
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Nonsense man.

After building double track of standard guage from Afonja land to Abok.i land the mofo came back to his home state to rehabilitate an outdated narrow guage with just a single track leading to Borno state the hot bed of insurgency...and somebody will tell me this man is not a prodigal son.

Wetin pDP build for your potopoto land for 16 years?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Urges Contractors To Hasten Lagos-ibadan Rail Project by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:07am On Apr 11, 2021
Build one through the South East before we'll take you serious

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia 2023: We Either Go Forward Or Continue In Darkness — Abaribe / Court Postpones Judgment On Ayade’s Defection / Nigerians Now Poorer, Facing More Hardship – Anglican Bishop Fagbemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.