Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? (419 Views)

My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) / Ghanaian Pastor Caught In Hotel Room Trying To Sleep With Church Elder's Wife / Finally, RCCG Reacts To Death Of Alleged Church Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 11, 2021
Sharing my experience with a popular church.

A little background info.

I am a young man in my early 30s, well spoken and educated. With my looks (I bless God for it) you'd hardly believe I was VERY broke to the extent I couldn't acquire even plastic chairs in my one room apartment

I joined this popular Church, one of the popular churches owned by a Yoruba big Pastor (don't wanna mention)

I'd attend their midweek activities, ask questions and all. One day, one of the ministers beckoned on me to see him after service. He met me and we got talking, getting to know that i am a teacher, he asked me to teach his three children, I agreed.

Lesson was for three weeks. During this time, the local pastor called me one day and said he was on his way to visit me. I was worried because my one room isn't even furnished. Few moments later, there he was, accompanied by three other ministers - including the man I was doing home lesson for his children.

Long story short, we managed, and I should add, the main pastor is such a humble man. They left, to my relief.

I went back for my home lesson as usual. I noticed that the children (by the way, they're in secondary school) where not paying attention as before. I was a bit frustrated. They where disrespectful and very rude. They left the study table leaving just me there. I was wondering what had happened when I overheard them discussing how my room is empty, how there were no chairs, how I live in a small room, and a whole lot of other insulting words. I sat their thinking my whole life, this is a man who once had everything but has fallen this low.

I was disappointed with the man. However, I managed to complete my three weeks lesson and left the church. The pastor was wondering why I stopped coming but I just bottle up and left.
Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by Freestainworld(m): 1:12pm On Apr 11, 2021
You shouldn't have left, you not in the church to serve humans being but God, you would have confronted the devil called a minister, so he will be put to shame.
Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by densiks: 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
Were you teaching for free?
Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2021
OP you are on your own.
Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2021
densiks:

Were you teaching for free?
no
Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by MistarT(m): 1:51pm On Apr 11, 2021
Mr viltron, there is more to life than luxury, see if you truly want to fulfil destiny, you have to be strong to face mockery, if men don't mock you God will not make you. In this life whoever God has serious business with, must be taken to the refinery (school of the Holy Spirit) where all negativities are removed to create a man, thoroughly furnished unto good works. God once told me that "Life is not what you think, look at My Son Jesus while He was on earth, He was mocked and ridiculed but look at Him now glorified " Brother pass through this university of shame and graduate once and for all, those kids will make reference to your present day but if you get angry with God and begin to act negatively, God will not be pleased. Remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 2:21pm On Apr 11, 2021
What has your apartment got to do with the lessons? Just brace up, be diligent and honest in all you do. They are driving away destiny helpers in their ignorance they don't know.
Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by harmargedon: 2:37pm On Apr 11, 2021
The church I repeat, the church.
Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by judedwriter(m): 2:39pm On Apr 11, 2021
When you see the glory, know the story.

Most people see the glory but don't know anything about the story.

Every man is born into glory, you will surely get there IJN.

Go much deeper than before in God's Word... Your glory will manifest.

But you shouldn't have left the church. No church is perfect and besides, we go to church to serve God not man.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by Kingdomtruth: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2021
MistarT:
Mr viltron, there is more to life than luxury, see if you truly want to fulfil destiny, you have to be strong to face mockery, if men don't mock you God will not make you. In this life whoever God has serious business with, must be taken to the refinery (school of the Holy Spirit) where all negativities are removed to create a man, thoroughly furnished unto good works. God once told me that "Life is not what you think, look at My Son Jesus while He was on earth, He was mocked and ridiculed but look at Him now glorified " Brother pass through this university of shame and graduate once and for all, those kids will make reference to your present day but if you get angry with God and begin to act negatively, God will not be pleased. Remain blessed.

Truer words have never been spoken my brother than this. God bless you and more GRACE I pray

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by MistarT(m): 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
Kingdomtruth:

Truer words have never been spoken my brother than this. God bless you and more GRACE I pray
Amen and the prayer is mutual. It is well, let God continue to lead His people until we become who He expects us to be, have a blessed week sir.
Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by JourneytoEL(f): 5:24pm On Apr 11, 2021
the only person everyone loves is the icecream man. You're not the ice cream man, stop reacting to every negative thing you hear about yourself worse, from kids. Or do you want to say you have never mocked anyone since you were born? Please, go back to that church if they have been helpful. Don't miss your luck over rubbish.
Re: My Sad Experience With Church Minister. Am I right or wrong? by kufreabasi86191: 6:14pm On Apr 11, 2021
What has your apartment got to do with the lessons? Just brace up, be diligent and honest in all you do. They are driving away destiny helpers in their ignorance they don't know.

(1) (Reply)

I Kill T. B. Joshua Says Ghanaian Native Doctor / God Never Rest, It's Biblical Error / His Word Is Everything - Exhortation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.