Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,956 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Why Do We Have Nightmares - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Have Nightmares (163 Views)

How To Overcome Evil Dreams Nightmares With 21 Simple Prophetic Solutions / 101 Most Common Bad Dreams And Nightmares With Their Interpretations / Dreams & Nightmares: Their Interpretations, Consequences & Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Have Nightmares by IamYourNeighbor(m): 2:14pm On Apr 11, 2021
I have been thinking. What exactly is the rationale behind nightmares. Is it a form of evil and diabolic manipulation, is it a figment of our imagination, is our subconscious self playing some sort of trick on us, is it a supernatural phenomenon or simply superstitious belief ?

I've heard some persons attribute it to so many concepts like; facing the ceiling while sleeping, sleeping while your legs are positioned towards the door, cobwebs , wall geckos and so many others.

My good people, please I'd really like to hear your views and opinion.
Happy Sunday.
Re: Why Do We Have Nightmares by meobizy(f): 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2021
Since this is in the religious section, I expect logic to fly out of the window. Let’s use movies as an example; is it every day you watch the same type of movie? Is it the same type of food you eat every day? Why don’t people ask why we have good dreams? Why is it only nightmares people care about?
Re: Why Do We Have Nightmares by Kobojunkiee: 4:51pm On Apr 11, 2021
IamYourNeighbor:
I have been thinking. What exactly is the rationale behind nightmares. Is it a form of evil and diabolic manipulation, is it a figment of our imagination, is our subconscious self playing some sort of trick on us, is it a supernatural phenomenon or simply superstitious belief ?
I've heard some persons attribute it to so many concepts like; facing the ceiling while sleeping, sleeping while your legs are positioned towards the door, cobwebs , wall geckos and so many others.
My good people, please I'd really like to hear your views and opinion.
Happy Sunday.
The human mind is a very powerful machine. Nightmares are suggested in some cases to play on our anxieties and worries. So, the more stressed you are, the more likely you are to experience them. undecided

(1) (Reply)

The True Meaning Of Initiation / JUST IN: Unknown Gunmen Kidnap Deeper Life Pastor Inside Church In Ondo / Dare Adeboye Or Hiny Umoren: Who Did God Love More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.