Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment (1535 Views)

Asari Dokubo Mocks Amaechi Over Tinubu Victory.Give Accolades To Gov. Wike (vid) / Senators Disagree With Amaechi Over Nigeria-Niger Republic Rail Line, Others / 2019: Wike Mocks Cole, Amaechi Over Supreme Court Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2021
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has criticised the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, over his recent comment that the governorship ticket of the All Progressives Congress in 2023 has been zoned to the riverine areas of the state.
Wike said Rivers State was not Amaechi’s property as no one, not even him as incumbent governor, had the power to determine who becomes a governor in Rivers.
The governor spoke this at the grand finale of the Peoples Democratic Party local government campaign rally in Bori, the headquarters of the Khana Local Government Area of the state on Saturday.
“I don’t want to talk about politics of who is from here, who is not from here. At the appropriate time, the Peoples Democratic Party will sit; the leaders will seat and look at everything together and then take a decision. Not one man, even me as a governor, can say this is where I will zone (governorship). You cannot say that. It is not your father’s property,” the governor said while making a reference to the minister’s comment.
He added, “Nobody should panic. Somebody said he was going to give governorship (ticket) to the kalabari. Now, it is no longer kalabari. It is now in the riverine area. People play wayo (trick) games every day and every day. You say one thing yesterday. You don’t know what you said; you said another thing today. Does it make sense? People should be known for being consistent.
Wike also accused the APC-led Federal Government of not keeping its promises to Nigerians, despite the country’s increasing unemployment rate in Africa.
He added, “One thing in life and that is what I want to remind the candidates, you have to be careful of the promises you make. You have to fulfil the promises you make. Time has come that we cannot listen to empty promises like what the ruling party is doing today. When they came in 2015, they told us the naira and the dollar will be equal – One naira to one dollar.”

source: https://punchng.com/wike-hits-amaechi-over-zoning-comment/

Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by Dton339: 2:40pm On Apr 11, 2021
Too bad a Punch!
Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by Baawaa(m): 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2021
Wike the father Christmas of our time
Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by TONY042(m): 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2021
Their business sha
Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by AsomughaChuks05: 2:48pm On Apr 11, 2021
Amaechi is a better administrator than Wike. Wike blows hot air too much, his thug life when he was a youth is now affecting his view of governance.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by Flyingngel(m): 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2021
The way Wike respond to every comment from Ameachi left me to wonder if he has time for governance.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
PDP just lost rivers State tho thanks to wike

Trying to bring austin okpara would back fire completely

2 Likes

Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by kcmichael: 4:52pm On Apr 11, 2021
So what is wike saying ??so he want to install another ikwere man This is the turn of reverine whether apc or pdp

1 Like

Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by helinues: 4:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
This Wike talk too much..

Haba

1 Like

Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by sageb: 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2021
Igbochief001:

it will backfire, this is the turn of the riverine people. The Riverine groups should come together and stand for it.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by Ikinternational: 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2021
Let me be the first to ask the obvious question

What is wike's business with what apc decides to do? or how they conduct their primaries

The man has a serious crush on Amechi
Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by OneNigerianist: 7:59pm On Apr 11, 2021
If election is held today in Rivers things will no longer be the same. Pdp no longer enjoys the support it had in 2015, and judiciary is no longer what it was. Sharia CJ won't give Mary odili any liverage. Even Jonathan an his wife no longer maintain a hardline stance on Rivers being a PDP state. Wike might see the rug pulled from his feet.

1 Like

Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by ThumbzTNA(m): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2021
Wike said 1000 words and still said absolutely nothing

1 Like

Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 11, 2021
sageb:

it will backfire, this is the turn of the riverine people. The Riverine groups should come together and stand for it.

My dear.....let us be real and discuss politics not with bias. The total votes of the riverine can't even match obio akpor votes. Let us not be bringing upland and riverine dichotomy in rivers politics but rather like AK Horsefall said once, for riverine or kalabari to get governorship, they should seek for senatorial districts rotation. Governorship in rivers state should be based on serious handshake across senatorial districts. If the riverine want to bring that sentiments, I bet you the ikwerre and ogonis will not let them see the government house.
Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by gidgiddy: 11:31pm On Apr 11, 2021
What Im wondering is what Wike's business is with Where APC zones its gubernatorial candidate?

By the way, Wike will eventually face justice for Obigbo

1 Like

Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by jamesversion: 12:23am On Apr 12, 2021
kopite:

My dear.....let us be real and discuss politics not with bias. The total votes of the riverine can't even match obio akpor votes. Let us not be bringing upland and riverine dichotomy in rivers politics but rather like AK Horsefall said once, for riverine or kalabari to get governorship, they should seek for senatorial districts rotation. Governorship in rivers state should be based on serious handshake across senatorial districts. If the riverine want to bring that sentiments, I bet you the ikwerre and ogonis will not let them see the government house.

Kalabari said they are Ijaw and yet refused to follow Ijaw to bayelsa state. They are dreaming. Ijaws should know that no so space for them to rule Rivers state.

Ikwerre, ogoni, ahoada, etche, ogba and back to ikwerre again.
Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by Tranquill: 1:15am On Apr 12, 2021
jamesversion:

Kalabari said they are Ijaw and yet refused to follow Ijaw to bayelsa state. They are dreaming. Ijaws should know that no so space for them to rule Rivers state.

Ikwerre, ogoni, ahoada, etche, ogba and back to ikwerre again.

Says who? Are other tribes not in Rivers State? I don't know why some of you think making stupid comments sound sensible?

1 Like

Re: Wike Hits Amaechi Over Zoning Comment by Tranquill: 1:20am On Apr 12, 2021
Igbochief001:

Firstly, you are not from Rivers State so your comments are borne out of that your ipobian hate.

Secondly, at no point has Wike said or pushed for Austin Opara or any other Ikwerre person to succeed him.

The person that will succeed Wike will come from Rivers State and any of the ethnic groups that have not occupied the seat before.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose And Femi Fani-kayode Dares Malami And The FG Over Twitter Ban (Pics) / BREAKING: Court Sentences Farouk Lawan To 7 Years In Prison Over $3m Bribe / Amoteke Now Working For Smugglers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.