Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,228 members, 7,822,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? (13174 Views)

Is Music And Video/movies Download Website Still Profitable In Nigeria / Blogging Or Vlogging: Which Is More Advisable? / Is Adding Keywords To Urls Of Your Website Still required In SEO 2017? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by Goldbw122(m): 6:32pm On Apr 12, 2021
I like website sha
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by styles2009: 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Depends on the business.

Some businesses need websites while some do not need.

But offline and online tactics should be used to get traffic for any business you do.

For instance, A blog need a site but getting traffic is all about using all available seo tactics on ground plus ads if you have the money.

A phone seller in my opinion do not need a website, advertising on Facebook, nairaland and other social media might bring the needed sales.

The way things are set up is that google get most revenue from ads, so the system is more favorable to those who have ad money than for those getting wanting to get free traffic from Google.

So you take a Facebook advert to buy and sell phones seriously than a brand with a website? You might buy a phone with Eba glued inside tomorrow �
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by mayour16(m): 8:18pm On Apr 12, 2021
I for one know you need a website to reach the world. Most of my clients that I have created websites for has overtime gained international clients. Most Nigerians don't use website but international clients believe you are legit/serious when you have a website

If you need a website, you can check my portfolio at www.hidigitals.com/portfolio if you like what you see, you can click the whatsapp icon at the bottom right corner of the site

InvestingExpert:
Gone are the days where you can easily build your website and you can easily be seen and heard.

Now the competition is so great that you literally have to pass through the eye of a needle to get some traffic to your website

Having a website can greatly affect your business and it still does, that's for those that started maybe few years ago

there are over 1.4 billion websites in the world right now and each and every single one of those is struggling for the first page of google

Which leaves beginners no choice than to start investing in seo and other strategies which might also take a long while to start showing results

And to make things even difficult for website creators, platforms like quora, nairaland,craigslist and the rest have made it easier to own your own page and add content to it and also get good amount of views without even having to own a website.

I have had thousands of views to the content I share all because of nairaland but it would have been a great challenge if I had to do this for my personal website or blog.

This that I am doing for free might have taken my money time and effort if I was to transfer it to a blog or site.

So is it still profitable to own a website now without having to wait for months if not forever before you start getting the traffic or should one just stick to social sites like Nairaland, Quora and the rest

What's your take on this?

1 Like

Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by Richthekid: 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2021
Depends
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by nurain150(m): 10:41pm On Apr 12, 2021
InvestingExpert:
Gone are the days where you can easily build your website and you can easily be seen and heard.

Now the competition is so great that you literally have to pass through the eye of a needle to get some traffic to your website

Having a website can greatly affect your business and it still does, that's for those that started maybe few years ago

there are over 1.4 billion websites in the world right now and each and every single one of those is struggling for the first page of google

Which leaves beginners no choice than to start investing in seo and other strategies which might also take a long while to start showing results

And to make things even difficult for website creators, platforms like quora, nairaland,craigslist and the rest have made it easier to own your own page and add content to it and also get good amount of views without even having to own a website.

I have had thousands of views to the content I share all because of nairaland but it would have been a great challenge if I had to do this for my personal website or blog.

This that I am doing for free might have taken my money time and effort if I was to transfer it to a blog or site.

So is it still profitable to own a website now without having to wait for months if not forever before you start getting the traffic or should one just stick to social sites like Nairaland, Quora and the rest

What's your take on this?
For businesses you can't compare social media marketing to seo marketing
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by Primenet(m): 11:44pm On Apr 12, 2021
Having a website is good any day any time
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by trickviral: 6:45am On Apr 13, 2021
The most believed a piece of this application is that it is made by as a matter of fact Google. Google has Diversified its administrations in numerous fragments like video real time, report making and significantly more. This is each other use of Google which is helping in profiting individuals in an extraordinary way. trick viral This application is all own By the actual Google then there are no odds That you will get the cheat. All the complainant issues are settled by the instead of Google itself and consequently the range has made a broadened that structure in the installments.
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by turischool(m): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2021
Its still advisable
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by saajus: 7:31am On Apr 13, 2021
A website improves your company's confidence. If you want to deal with big companies, that's the first source of reference. Anybody can impersonate you on social media, but not on your website. Website is very important. It's so cheap to have one right now, especially if it's not a very interactive website. With little knowledge of web design, one can develop a simple website in few hours with platforms like WordPress, joomla, or Wix.

You don't need to drive traffic to your website. It's basically a reference place where people can see authentic information about your business. You want to put the address on your business card, social media platforms, and adverts. Your website domain will help you get personalized email addresses. I respect companies that have personalized email addresses. I don't want to be dealing with CEO of a company with his Gmail account. It's ridiculous to me. Those little cheap things improve your company's reputation.

1 Like

Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by Cashalhaji: 8:47am On Apr 13, 2021
Good
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by faceland: 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2021
Website is important because it is yours. You can get banned from Nairaland, they show their own ads and other people's content.

Just as Alex Jones. H was banned from all social media platforms at once. If not for his website, he would have lost millions of his followers. Just have a website as standby.

2 Likes

Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:18pm On Apr 13, 2021
kenniefawole:

Do you know anything about currency devaluation?
every
What's your point
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by telleyway: 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2021
Having a website is a must if you are into business in this century. What you said is tantamount to say because of many unemployed graduates, one should not go to school again or because since many people have shops in the markets, one should not venture into business.
1 website is your business identity, no one takes you serious or a worthy business partner without a website.
2 Gives your potential customers assurance that you are legit business name.
3 Nobody is expected to come to your office just to get some information, all that is needed to know about you is on the website and with just a click, you are communicating with thousands of people at a time.

1 Like

Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by ediko5(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2021
JayJohnson:
So because there is competition it is not advisable to own a website?

That is the cheapest and the most efficient way of announcing your products to the world.

Brick and mortar is not the way to go again Boss

Did you read the post at all?

He asked in comparison to websites and social sites not with brick and mortar business
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by ohchacha: 11:10am On Apr 16, 2021
Such a strange post. Why can't you create a website on your own these days? I'd say it became even easier than before due to the amount of free and actually decent templates. Moreover, you can even promote your site without marketers assistance. Just spend some time on theory, use free SEO tools like the one on this page, and that's it. After all, no harm in trying especially if it's free.
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by InvestingExpert(m): 9:03am On Apr 21, 2021
Good morning
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by InvestingExpert(m): 8:32am On Apr 22, 2021
Hello NLs
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by InvestingExpert(m): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2021
Good morning
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by InvestingExpert(m): 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2021
Bxhdudjchv
Re: Is Creating A Website Still Advisable In This Era? by Moonlight111(m): 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2022
Well in addition to this post,
Osezecommerce is a website that creates online stores for businesses.

Check https://www.osezecommerce.ng
Or contact 08075400517 for more information

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Latest Free Browsing Cheats / How To Write Search Engine Optimized (SEO) Article / 4 Tips To Get Adsense Approval Fast-2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.